• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Take them all at once if you want the full head on trip. I can swallow 20 pills at once but I don't recommend it I guess.... Other than that I spaced out the pills one time and the trip wasn't as intense at points but more spaced out. When I took them all at once it hit me head on basically and was so much stronger than when it was spaced out. I also took them on an empty stomach and didn't throw up at all. My stomach felt a little weird but not that bad.

How can I avoid throwing up on this, I always seem to throw up which just ruins it for me :(

Normal...

You need to do an extraction, as I said above, search google for "Agent Lemon tek DXM".

For nausea: cannabinoids are the most useful anti-emetics I've come across yet (they will also majorly potentiate the DXM). As for other things that can help, depends on why you get the nausea, if it's motion sickness taking some DPH can help.

Ill try some cannabis thanks :)
Would some Pepto Bismo help to avoid throwing up, some advice would be very helpful.
Also I heard even a low dose of DPH can make the trip head south, DXM is a pretty interesting experience when all I did was lay in bed with my lights off just me and my mind and when I opened my eyes I realized 5 hours have passed ._. Im going to try a lower dosage next time so I can enjoy playing video games perhaps where when I did the full 300 mgs the light really hurt my eyes and the double vision made me very dizzy.

Last edited:
How often can I take DXM for recreation purpose to avoid any negative or even fatal short term and long term affects?

DXM + Clonazepam

Hello everyone. Tonight I plan on mixing these two, as I have a large prescription of clonazepam and 2 bottles of DXM (708mg). Yesterday was a downer day, did some fantastic heroin and butane honey oil... So tonight I'd like something a little more psychedelic to round out my weekend, and I need some guidance.

I've done 800mg of DXM before without experiencing any profound ego-loss, I have quite the tolerance to the substance these days, even after a couple months without touching the stuff. I weigh 150lbs, and 708mg gives me a nice high second plateau, low third, depending.

I've been on 4mg of clonazepam a day for about a year, and in the last three months I've tapered down to 1.5mg a day, finally getting down to 1mg a day 5 days ago (I'm withdrawing significantly ATM). So you can imagine I've been going through some hell for the past few months. It got to the point where on New Years Eve I did 14mg without feeling even a buzz, which was quite shocking and disappointing. NOWADAYS, I get a slight buzz from 5mg on a completely empty stomach in the morning, which is nice on days where I have 3 morning classes.

So on to the question... I know that at low doses benzos can really take the edge off of DXM, and that klonopin in particular has been reported to increase the affects of DXM such as visuals and CEV's (DXM Faq). I'd obviously prefer shrooms or LSD to get visuals, but alas I don't have access to either at the moment. I'd love to know what others have experienced when mixing DXM and Klonopin, and at what doses. My stomach is quite emtpy, and I know that if I were to get high off of either drug alone tonight, I'd do either 7-9mg klonopin (with a glass of wine or two) or 708mg DXM. Despite researching extensively, I'm quite lost as to what doses I should combine these two at to get a nice euphoric trip with some visuals. I was thinking 5-6mg Clonazepam and 400-500mg DXM, both of which would be just enough to get me high alone. What I really want to know is if I can do say all 708mg of DXM and about 7-9mg klonopin in tandem, or if that would be too much. I don't need exact numbers, as I'm sure giving out dosing advise in actual numbers isn't even permitted on these forums for harm reduction purposes.

Basically, how strongly do these two chemicals compound/potentiate each other so I can formulate a good combination dose? I'm new here, and if anything I asked in this thread breaks a rule, let me know right away and I'll fix it. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I would be very carefull. This can lead to anything from blackouts to fatal respiratory depression.
Only benzos ive combined dxm with are alprazolam and lorazepam. The one with alprazolam i have no memory of.
Ive done dxm a few times with lorazepam and one time ive done 1200mg dxm with 2 mg lorazepam. at this time i had a tolerance and 2mg on it's own wouldnt have any effect on me. But i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have had several blackouts during the trip without the lorazepam.
I suggest taking not more clonazepam than you need. And keep the dxm dose low as well.

Last edited:
I would be very carefull. This can lead to anything from blackouts to fatal respiratory depression.
Only benzos ive combined dxm with are alprazolam and lorazepam. The one with alprazolam i have no memory of.
Ive done dxm a few times with lorazepam and one time ive done 1200mg dxm with 2 mg lorazepam. at this time i had a tolerance and 2mg on it's own wouldnt have any effect on me. But i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have had several blackouts during the trip without the lorazepam.
I suggest taking not more clonazepam than you need. And keep the dxm dose low as well.

This is exactly why I asked the question, I suspected something along these lines. Thanks

Anyone else have any input?

Decided to take it easy, did 300mg dex and 4mg kpin. Neither of which would do much of anything alone. Probably going to take 25-50mg diphenhydramine depending on how I feel when it kicks in.

I used to take klonopin with DXM all the time. It usually ended up with me waking up not knowing what the fuck I did the night before.

The trip ended up being pretty mild but quite euphoric and social. Luckily a friend came by with some dank and smoked me up a plateau, then it really got good. Easily and safely could have done a lot more, but my memory of it after the significant amount of weed starts to go fuzzy. I can remember everything up until the last few bowls then it starts to get a little ambiguous. Overall very enjoyable combination, no benadryl was needed as a result of the klonopin.

well i just did 354mg DXM, a bottle, and 6 mg of klonopin. It isn't really doing it for me, I really wish I had some weed. Drank 5 beers and still nothing too exciting to report. Either DXM and Benzos don't have much synergy, or I simply haven't taken enough of either. Damn tolerances.

Next weekend I've decided I'm doing 708mg DXM and 8mg Klon. I'm tired of pussy-footing around this combo.

edit: I'm an anomaly, I've done DXM 50+ times and I've yet to throw up; so the alc isn't bothering me at all in terms of nausea. Weed or an opiate would bring this where I want it.

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to get out of the high that you're combining this and that in such a way?

Is this where I can ask a question about a certain dxm effect that might be considered strange?

I have heard of it destroying libido for days after use... but..

for the afternoon after the night that I tripped... during the best dissociative afterglow to me that tickles just to think about known as a dxm afterglow.. I seem to have 10x increased libido and my erection is slightly larger, thicker, and harder.. I thought this would be strange because I have only heard of complaints of erectile dysfunction for the day or two after a dxm trip..

^ I 3rd this. Although very hard to orgasm, I had an EXTREMELY increased libido and could go at it for a couple hours- albeit in a weird haze, which almost made it feel like a movie at times lol.

What exactly are you trying to get out of the high that you're combining this and that in such a way?

I have free access to both chemicals, and this from William White's DXM Faq:

Clonazepam (Klonopin[tm]) in particular has been reported to have specific effects in combination with DXM, different from other benzodiazepines. These effects include enhanced CEV's (closed-eye visuals) and, of course, limiting or preventing sympathomimetic effects (high blood pressure and heart rate, sweating, etc.)

I'm sure the sex and erection stuff varies by person and age. I've never had erection troubles from it, but after recreational doses even the next day I can't come (I think it's the residual SSRI effects). I imagine a low (100 mg) dose in a person like me would allow marathon sex with orgasm still being possible eventually (and not too much dissociative fog). Probably best to test it with wanking first to see how you react if you plan on using it for endurance or you risk inducing a sore battered vagina. If any one tries it please post dose/weight/time to orgasm.