• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

I'm sure the sex and erection stuff varies by person and age. I've never had erection troubles from it, but after recreational doses even the next day I can't come (I think it's the residual SSRI effects). I imagine a low (100 mg) dose in a person like me would allow marathon sex with orgasm still being possible eventually (and not too much dissociative fog). Probably best to test it with wanking first to see how you react if you plan on using it for endurance or you risk inducing a sore battered vagina. If any one tries it please post dose/weight/time to orgasm.

I live with my girlfriend so I have the information you seek... Usually this happens from DXM polisterex as it is long long lasting so it has a VERY nice afterglow that has waves of euphoria and those waves of euphoria transfer into sexual energy and then I have extreme amounts of sexual energy and the thing is, it seems like you can't climax but you are close to the climax for a really long time and it is quite amazing!

I used DXM 3 times in the course of 3 months, and since then I've had tinnitus (ringing in the ears) 24/7 and I have also developed a condition called visual snow. My last trip went somehow went horribly wrong after a 333mg dose. Within the first hour, my body felt like it was running VERY hot. My head felt like it was burning and I knew something was wrong. I went to take a cold shower and I remember as I was standing in the shower, I felt a strong sensation of burning/anxiety/jitteryness pulse all throughout my legs. It's a feeling I'll never forget.Since then I've felt mentally slower than I used to be and my memory is not as good as it once was. Sometimes when I smoke weed now, it makes me feel dissociated and not myself.

Over the next few days I felt fine until I stayed up all night working on a project. At some point during the night, I started feeling completely spun out similar to the comedown of LSD. I couldn't focus on anything for longer than a few seconds. I ended up going to school the next day still having not slept, and I started to feel very dehydrated. My skin was clammy and sweaty, and I felt very hot the entire day. I felt mentally whacked and out of it. Over the next few days, I was not able to sleep and never felt like I came down from my trip. At night my thoughts were racing out of control, and I felt like I was going through episodes of psychosis. Eventually I had to go to the hospital. I didn't tell them I had taken DXM, but they attributed my racing thoughts to extreme anxiety. They prescribed xanax and this helped me sleep. I also saw a psychiatrist who told me that my neurotransmitters were fried and out of control so he prescribed me seroquel to help bring me back to normal and help me sleep at night.

Over the next few weeks I slowly recovered. I'm not sure what went wrong that day, but it's been a year since then and I still don't feel 100% normal. I feel like I've mostly recovered but there are still some lingering effects still effecting me.

If you've tried DXM or are thinking about trying it, I would strongly suggest that you don't use DXM. While the trip might be entertaining, there's just not enough research and knowledge available about the long-term effects of it and what it is actually doing to your brain. If this happened to me on a low dosage, I feel like it could happen to anyone. It's not worth it and there are better psychedelic drugs available that are MUCH safer.

Edit: I also think it's important to add that I tripped on acid a month or two ago and the the trip was AMAZING, however the comedown was extremely unpleasant. It took me back to that spun out and out of it feeling that I experienced from DXM, which is scary for me. I wasn't able to sleep for a while and my anxiety was kicking into high gear. Fortunately I was finally able to fall asleep, and I woke up feeling 100% normal and refreshed.

Last edited:
I used DXM 3 times in the course of 3 months, and since then I've had tinnitus (ringing in the ears) 24/7 and I have also developed a condition called visual snow. My last trip went somehow went horribly wrong after a 333mg dose. Within the first hour, my body felt like it was running VERY hot. My head felt like it was burning and I knew something was wrong. I went to take a cold shower and I remember as I was standing in the shower, I felt a strong sensation of burning/anxiety/jitteryness pulse all throughout my legs. It's a feeling I'll never forget.Since then I've felt mentally slower than I used to be and my memory is not as good as it once was. Sometimes when I smoke weed now, it makes me feel dissociated and not myself.

Over the next few days I felt fine until I stayed up all night working on a project. At some point during the night, I started feeling completely spun out similar to the comedown of LSD. I couldn't focus on anything for longer than a few seconds. I ended up going to school the next day still having not slept, and I started to feel very dehydrated. My skin was clammy and sweaty, and I felt very hot the entire day. I felt mentally whacked and out of it. Over the next few days, I was not able to sleep and never felt like I came down from my trip. At night my thoughts were racing out of control, and I felt like I was going through episodes of psychosis. Eventually I had to go to the hospital. I didn't tell them I had taken DXM, but they attributed my racing thoughts to extreme anxiety. They prescribed xanax and this helped me sleep. I also saw a psychiatrist who told me that my neurotransmitters were fried and out of control so he prescribed me seroquel to help bring me back to normal and help me sleep at night.

Over the next few weeks I slowly recovered. I'm not sure what went wrong that day, but it's been a year since then and I still don't feel 100% normal. I feel like I've mostly recovered but there are still some lingering effects still effecting me.

If you've tried DXM or are thinking about trying it, I would strongly suggest that you don't use DXM. While the trip might be entertaining, there's just not enough research and knowledge available about the long-term effects of it and what it is actually doing to your brain. If this happened to me on a low dosage, I feel like it could happen to anyone. It's not worth it and there are better psychedelic drugs available that are MUCH safer.

Edit: I also think it's important to add that I tripped on acid a month or two ago and the the trip was AMAZING, however the comedown was extremely unpleasant. It took me back to that spun out and out of it feeling that I experienced from DXM, which is scary for me. I wasn't able to sleep for a while and my anxiety was kicking into high gear. Fortunately I was finally able to fall asleep, and I woke up feeling 100% normal and refreshed.

yeah, but you are being biast.. just because YOU had a bad experience from it, doesn't mean that other people shouldn't take it. and you are also wrong in the fact that there is a ton of research done on this drug. Have you seen William White's faqs? I have had experience from other drugs that gave me what you describe... Bad anxiety after, visual snow... all that jazz. But it goes away... and you realize it has alot to do with whats in your head..

Last weekend was my best dxm trip ever, I did trippl c's(yeah i know,bad) but anyway I met up with some guys I know and we smoked some bud in his chill spot in the woods in his backyard, than we each took 8 and chilled and kept smoking, than somehow I took 8 more, but yeah shit is trips...

and for some reason people look very very ugly when trippin on dxm(lol)

but yeah Im gonna start using pure shit only

I live with my girlfriend so I have the information you seek... Usually this happens from DXM polisterex as it is long long lasting so it has a VERY nice afterglow that has waves of euphoria and those waves of euphoria transfer into sexual energy and then I have extreme amounts of sexual energy and the thing is, it seems like you can't climax but you are close to the climax for a really long time and it is quite amazing!
Thanks. What's the dose and your weight, though?

DXM Abrupt Trip End

Hello all,

I'm brand new to the site and I figured I would get in and start posting. I am going to start off by posing a question to anybody that may have some sort of idea about why this happened.

I took 450 mg of DXM (Hbr) in the form of gel caps, each containing 15mg of DXM each. Despite the fact that I am moderately experienced with DXM, I was thrown into this trip at a decent 2nd plateau dose. Initially, I was struck with a minor paranoia, but eventually it subsided into a great trip.

Approximately 3 hours after that initial dose, I was feeling slightly dissociated, music was incredibly driving and my mind was racing with scattered and crazy thoughts. I decided I wanted to take my remaining 120 mg of DXM, which I had planned to do earlier but hadn't gotten around to. When I did however, I almost immediately felt a cessation in the strong psychedelic effects of my initial DXM dosage. I am wondering WHY this could be??

My best guess is something having to do with DXM's neuroprotective effects at NMDA Receptors, but I'm looking for something a little more concrete and explanatory. Thanks for the help in advance! I was loving the trip but was really let-down and depressed when this sudden wall was hit.

Boy its been a long time since ive refreshed myself about dxm. Kinda stayed away from it after a kilo of dxm lol. Anyway....

DXM and redosing will jump ya high up faster than a super bouncy ball on a concrete pad thrown by a baseball pitcher. Im not sure why you hit a wall and came down. That has never happened to me. Only questions I can think of are ... Have you taken any prescriptions? Other drugs? ect... DXM can be effected by those quite ait.

Never heard of this happening, I cannot speculate as to why it occurred.

Oh wait, you just said the "strong psychedelic effects" not all effects, and it three hours, I guess you just slipped out of that plateau or whatever. <shrugs>

i sort of doubt i'd ever even try it or anything...but what does DXM really feel like? is it a suppressant that makes you tired? i say i'd never try it but i guess i probably have...many times over years ago...considering i have robo-tripped on robo dm. so my statement is stupid now so let me rephrase it...what does straight dxm...without any other bs feel like in low and high doses? is the trippy feeling the desired effect from it?

Thanks for the speculation. Yeah, I'm guessing that the more "psychedelic effects" were probably close to resolving themselves anyway. It was just such a peculiar and abrupt change that I wanted to know if there was perhaps a scientific explanation. But alas.

Discussion about Dextromethorphan

This will probably be a few paragraphs long, I just feel like typing out my thoughts, maybe start a discussion about it.

I been a dex head for about 2 years now. A friend introduced it to me one night and it was one hell of a ride I loved it but after months of abuse and a few months of constant cough syrup abuse I hit the ceiling of my tolerance to DXM. I had a complete 100% tolerance to DXM at one point I had a big old bottle of syrup and took about 1,000MG. Now 1 gram of DXM should have sent me straight into the astral plane...and probably a hospital if any body seen me wacked out on dxm..dont do 1 gram lol. but it didnt do jack shit lol so I quit DXM for a few weeks. If you done DXM you know how easy it is to have too much of a good thing.

I was not like..addicted to DXM I did not HAVE to do it everyday but during that time I had nothing to do with my life so I just did dxm till once day I was like i need to fuckin do somethin with my life. I don't do too much DXM anymore, but maybe once a week I'll get a craving to be on dxm, I don't always go get my dxm fix but 40% of the time I do. This mostly occurs when I am just bored and honestly have done everything I could possibly think of to do that day. I still enjoy DXM but don't really trip from it at all. I have definitely reached my trip limit, after probably over 400 trips lol and that may even be an understatement I did 2 bottles of tussin a day for 2 months till I seen the other products non-syrup.

I want to do it today but really do not do cough syrup anymore, i stick to the other products cough syrup is nasty! I see Duract at the shop, does anybody have any knowledge on chemistry to see if there is any possible way to Extract the DXM HBr from this? I know other brands can do a cold-water extraction and I have done my fair share of those. Duract is crap because it does not have any real alcohol or anything to really help absorb the DXM. While I was reading the ingredients I noticed they have SUGAR ALCOHOL inside...I'm sorry but whats the point in that? Theres a great number of people who would feel like shit from all that, and it does not absorb easily.

For me, to this day i do not trip from DXM. My usual dose I would take..really just dilates my eyes, I feel spacey, I have that really good head pressure feeling. But when I bump up the dose Its basically to me like just getting black-out drunk. I put that in bold and shit because I don't want anybody to read this and think they can take this to feel black out drunk, because thats not how it works.

Its almost like everytime I do DXM its a different thing, different effects. I feel like this is the way it is.

I started on the floor, the floor being 0% tolerance. Within about only 8 months I reached the ceiling at 100% tolerance. A month after this happening when I mustered up the will power to take a break I sort of floated down to the middle of the room. I tried it again and it was like new but the "magic" was gone. A friend and I one night had a bunch of DXM in the form of DXM POLY which is simply DXM coated with edible plastic for time release. I did one or two bottles of this, became pretty messed up I did not have rational reasoning skills and ended up drinking 4 grams of DXM POLY within 6 hours. Being dehydrated since I did not drink anything I was kicked out of my friends apartment and ended up passed out on the side of the street was taken to the hospital, I swear to this day I had an OOBE and talked to "god" or a "higher power" when this OOBE was done i was hovering about 80 feet above my body next to an ambulance with paramedics and police above me trying to wake me up, there were people around watching, I saw a darkness come over and it all was black till I opened my eyes in my body again, and the same ambulance, the same paramedics,and the same police/people were around me, I DEFINITELY was in some spirit form outside of my body. Needless to say the friend who kicked me out of his apartment, we're not friends any longer, dudes just a pure idiot.

After that hard 5-6 days of tripping with a 3 day afterglow after that it was never the same. DXM did nothing. But I feel as if I have broke through the ceiling, and have opened up a whole new world of effects.

I feel that abusing DXM causes a person to disconnect from reality. Not a total full blow psychosis but, it makes life dull, and its like whatever another day, dont really have anything to look forward to and nothing really brings excitement. The first stage of DXM abuse the person will feel as if the drug is making them a better person, more happy and social, but continuing the abuse they still think this is true but its really not. But on the other hand DXM use brings this strange, different form of intelligence. Like at one point me and a trip buddy were talking telepathically. I have somehow some way been able to predict things that will happen with having no information before hand, for an example while on DXM I would think "Oh i want some McDonalds I want to get some" than somebody would bring me home Mcdonalds within the hour. Or another example I would somehow out of nowhere get the thought of a friend calling me, than not too long after what do you know, that friend is calling me. It happened so frequently that I would at times write down the names of a few people that I know, and after taking DXM I would go for a walk, and I wrote down these names in order of the people who I would see first, and I found that every time I did this It happened exactly as I wrote it down first i saw this person than this person. I had, and still sort of have the ability to do this. It mostly occurs with emotions now after I quit doing DXM a lot. Like I get this weird sensation, almost like being anxious and I feel as if somebody is unhappy or angry, than in a few minutes, it is always within a few minutes that somebody walks through my front door like a friend, or a parent or a sibling any other family member and they are angry and screaming about something. I have noticed that the brains of two DXM users link together, almost like being telepathically connected on some frequency sending out some kind og wavelength that each other can pick up on to communicate. And I have done research and you can google DXM + telekinesis and you will find this is not just the delusions of a dried up DXM junkie.

OD -> PD

FWIW this will likely get merged with the DXM megathread, which is no bad thing.

Dextromaniac, sorry to hear about your friend. I can understand him kicking you out if you were messed up at his house and he were sober, but as it was, you were both high. Not very friendly :(

As for any perceived paranormal events on DXM.... I'm forced to approach such phenomena rationally, since magical thinking has led me nowhere positive in the past. All logical explanations must be exhausted before I can accept anything mystical. I've had a number of experiences where I've predicted the future, seen my environment from a detached viewpoint, could hear people's thoughts, etc. It all boils down to the same thing: DXM enhances one's "mental model" of reality, allowing one to view and work with much more data than usual. Our minds are reality simulators, on DXM, more so. The McDonald's Prediction was probably arrived at from the following: 1) the knowledge that your friend had or would have the munchies, 2) The McDonald's location was convenient, and possibly 3) your friend had been previously talking about McDonalds, and that you may have overheard his mention of it subconsciously. The Out of Body Experience could have occurred because at a few point your eyes picked up the scene, and your mind took and processed that data, giving you a 3D representation of your surroundings from a different perspective.

Every time these sorts of things have happened to me--some were quite astonishing--I could, with effort, uncover the clues leading to the paranormal event in question. Like most people, I'd like to believe there is more to life (and indeed I do, to an extent), but I just can't afford to deceive myself :\

I believe that mostly everything paranormal has a logical explanation, but some stuff the only logical explanation for it is that there is no logical explanation at all. I have had so much stuff happen to me, from being frozen, something turned me around, than my head was forced to look up at the north western sky and I heard Beta waves as if I was forced to be an alien satellite. This one is more funny, and probably just my body messed up on DXM but ya never know =D

I specifically remember my first OOBE that happened while I was actually awake. I was meditating in a chair in the center of a room but against the back wall. I had my head down with a blanket over my whole body and my forehead was resting on my forearms so it was pitch black. There were two people in the room at the other corner listning to justin bieber of all things...i dont know why. Well I closed my eyes and was meditating having, me time and i heard what sounded like a giant freaking big fat insect fly up behind me, it landed on my neck than stopped buzzing, it felt like it dug its fangs or stinger into my neck and i immediately went numb. I could not move or scream but my breathing was normal. I morphed through the blanket and was above my body once again but up in the corner of the room looking at my two friends, i still heard justin bieber and saw their faces and looked at them. But I started to panic at this point and I lost controll of my OOBE and i was back under the blanket fussing around trying to move my fingers and toes and re-gain control. Than I heard the buzzing insect again but this time it was buzzing away from me than I was able to stand again and move my body and freaked out, I was like WHOLY SHIT WHAT JUST HAPPEND TO ME they were like..wow. Thats the one bad thing about having people know you do so much DXM they don't believe you when something like this happens.

But on a different subject, would butt plugging DXM be a good idea? Lol Its funky to think about but with my high tolerance I wouldnt mind trying the anal route once.

LOL. Give it a go man, who knows... it could burn like hell. Some guy used to plug tramadols up his girlfriends butt during sex, and that worked.

LOL. Give it a go man, who knows... it could burn like hell. Some guy used to plug tramadols up his girlfriends butt during sex, and that worked.

ahh..ahaha....ahaha..=D I dont have any empty pill capsules or else id give it a shot xD I mean, the purpose of butt plugging is the fact that it bypasses the liver and goes straight into the blood than passes the BBB (blood brain barrior) but I dont think this would be healthy (or safe) with just straight up DXM, because when we take DXM the liver converts it into DXO and THATS what we trip from, so i dunno if straight DXM HBR into the blood stream would really be that fun, I can of course let DXM HBr sit in the open air for a week or two than that should degrade it into DXO.

dxm

im new here and i dont know if this is the right place for this. i love dxm and after a month long binge (at least 3 bottles a day of tussin) iv decided to do it only once a month because iv noticed that for me it wastes away my muscles extremely fast even when i only do it once a month (im also a bodybuilder and that is very frustrating). i was just wonderring if this happens to anyone else and if anyone knows if it is from the dxm its self or one of the other ingredients in the cough syrup? (i use robitussin long acting cough). im thinking if its not the dxm i could just start doing extractions. any input is appreciated thnx

I would first recommend knowing what ingredients are in your preparation of DXM. You want a DXM-only product to avoid overdose or organ damage. But, I have to tell you DXM is not something you want to be using everyday for a month esp. at those very high doses. That is concerning, and DXM is neurotoxic, whether or not that is supported by studies, it is true. Going on such long and heavy binges is so unhealthy for your brain, entire nervous system, and entire body. It can cause irrevocable cognitive defecits - that is permanent brain damage, when used in such a fashion. If you have used it like this, I would suggest stopping altogether for time being, and would actually suggest you never touch it again even on occassion. DXM is one hell of a drug, but you really have to use it sparingly from the start. So, my sincere advice is to stop the DXM altogether, and get health-conscious in all ways to help repair your body and brain as best as possible. I might even suggest taking some neuroprotective supplements to help your brain out a bit. I am not very versed in the area of such supplements, but I know others here on BL are and can give could advice. When I started with DXM, the longest binge I ever did was 5 nights in a row, each night 150 - 250 mg of DXM, and just that had some lasting effect, along with my continued occassional use. Really, stop the DXM and get yourself healthy.