• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bufo Alvarius Thread

^ agreed. that neurosoup girl is very smart and cool. i suggest watching more of her videos.

^Pity her boyfriend is in jail for torture :\

Who told you you have to do something illegal to get arrested? That's not true at all :\

...at any rate, this thread is about toads, not neurosoup. Let's stay on topic here people :)

I eat meat and drink milk, so i cant think of any moral reason why its bad to milk a toad. ive heard you can milk them without causing pain and i think it was yokai who would hold a cat up to the toad and it would squirt its venom voluntarily...perhaps frightening for the toad but i doubt painful.

i doubt if its painful to the toad, if done correctly. the stigma comes from the illegality of collecting the venom.

just like ayahuasca vine is legal to possess, yet any extracts of the vine are illegal.

I eat meat and drink milk, so i cant think of any moral reason why its bad to milk a toad. ive heard you can milk them without causing pain and i think it was yokai who would hold a cat up to the toad and it would squirt its venom voluntarily...perhaps frightening for the toad but i doubt painful.

Not a fair comparison, as the "milk" you speak of in reference to the toads is a verb. "Milk", the noun, is any of the various liquids produced in the mammary glads of female mammals.

Meh it's pretty much the same thing, if you've ever eaten meat then it should be no biggy. I'd just feel shadey eating venom... that'd take me to a baaad place.

& no I ain't no vegetarian.

I wouldn't cause my pet to be frightened. That goes against the very philosophy of a "companion animal" (insipid euphemism). At least call your toad a "drug factory" or something. Don't pretend it's a "pet." :\

As for the Neurosoup chick.... fail. Anyone who advertises on YouTube that you can buy MHRB legally and get DMT from it is part of the problem. It's only a matter of time before some teenager freaks out on extracted DMT and ruins it for everyone. Thanks a lot, ya dumb bitch. :|

anybody tried pluging these frogs? I bet that is will have 2x stronger effect

I keep the tank between 75 and 80 degrees F and feed them on crickets. It's alot of fun to watch them jump around the tank and hunt the crickets. Mine are still quite young but I beleive they can eat small rodents when they get older. They live for 15 years and grow up to 7 inches! Thats a big old toad! So anyways anybody try the venom? what do you think of it?

how would you go about collecting the chemicals without harming the toad?

i would kind of like a small pet, and i have a fasination with psychoactive... a psychoactive pet would be interesting....

and no i wouldn't just keep it for the drugs.... i would actually take care of it...

and by the way milking the toads doesn't seem to bother them at all. I don't like to think of they as living drug factories, I like to think of it more as a symbiotic relationship :)

And warehousepunk is right, she is an idiot for posting that stuff on youtube! she is going to fuck up the precious chemicals that we can still slide under the technicalities of the law. It's really only a matter of time now :(

.....Unapproved a bunch of off topic posts. Personally, I think Neurosoup is a bit of an idiot, but thats her choice. Her "boyfriend" was Gordon Todd Skinner.

Anyway, how do you milk your toads exactly? I can only imagine that venom release would accompany catecholamine release, so either way, fear probably plays a role in this process. Also, I do find it laughable that you call the toad your pet; you wouldn't have a pet toad if it didn't secrete psychedelic venom, so to call the relationship symbiotic is a stretch. What does your toad get from it? Its venom collected and smoked. :\

Um, lets stay on topic.

Back to toads...

actually the toads get a nice big 50 gallon tank, no predators and a lifetime supply of food and a loving owner in exchange for a few doses of venom a month. seems symbiotic to me. I don't know how the venom defense works in the wild, but when I 'milk' them I squeeze the venom glands and they launch the venom like puss from a zit. It doesn't 'pop' the venom glands it just comes out somehow and the toads don't even flinch really. So nobody else has indulged in the venom!?

I would love to get a Bufo Alvaris toad, but I sure as hell wouldn't try to get high off of its venom. In fact, I would take pride in the fact that I was saving it from potentially becoming the property of somebody that would intentionally scare it just to make it produce drugs. Now, if by some chance the toad just got scared anyways, by a situation that wasn't caused by me -- and there was a bit of venom that I could somehow collect, I might give a try to smoking it.

But I think some people are underestimating the coolness of just having a pet that naturally makes complexly-substituted tryptamines -- you don't have to scare it and make it produce drugs for you for it to be a cool pet, for chrissakes -- it would be a cool thing just to have and take care of.

I already have a cat, though, and I'm pretty sure my cat would at least try to eat the toad -- which wouldn't be a good situation for my beloved cat or the aforementioned toad. So, no toad for me.