• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bufo Alvarius Thread

Ome thing I am finding odd is that people who are saying they've used toad venom are calling it 5-Meo-DMT. Its not- 5-Meo-DMT is a minor constituent.

i dont think that has been happening, also 5-meo-dmt is by no means a minor constituent, its the major alkaloid in b. alvarius toad venom.

also in the midst of this heated argument has anyone come up with evidence that milking harms toads in the first place;)

EDIT: just to back up my point, dried venom contains as much as 25% 5-meo-dmt, and somewhere around 3% bufotenine although there is a huge variance in the data.

http://www.erowid.org/archive/sonoran_desert_toad/erspamer.htm#Table5

Last edited:
^Sorry, your right there, my mistake. I was thinking of bufo marinus, which is epeidemic in aus. They contain mainly bufotenine.

bufo alvarius, a few questions about smoking the toad

ive been doing some research because me and my roomates are thinking about getting some new pets, a couple bufo alvarius (Sonoran Desert Toads). i have no experience with these toads or DMT, but ive tried my share of psychedelics. the active chemical in the toads venom is 5-MeO-DMT. this chemical is supposevly 10 times stronger then DMT. this drug is right up my alley. the toads are about 300 dollars for a mature pair. you can milk the toads well doing no harm and we would be spoiling them so i would not feel bad about keeping them as pets for this reason (this has been an issue with some poeple in the house). once milked, the venom must dry and can then be smoked. one adult frog on average produces around 75 milligrams of dried venom, a dose for a full sized man being about 5-6 milligrams. from what ive read the first set of effects (felt for 2-5 minutes) are similiar to that of salvia. after that you just fall into a not so intense trip similiar to lsd for about an hour or so max.

so heres my questions. im looking for help from some experienced toad users.

1 what are the immediate and after effects of 5-MeO-DMT and how intense is it?

2 are there any bad effects that are noticable well tripping? not counting just having a bad trip overall.

3 can you develope a tolerance?

4 how much does 5-MeO-DMT sell for per gram?

5 whats your personal view on 5-MeO-DMT? is it worth it?

6 whats the best method to smoke 5-MeO-DMT?

7 can you use 5-MeO-DMT well on other drugs? if so what combinations are recommended and what combinations are warned against.

i am very interested in these toads lately and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=72085

This is Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT thread

It should answer many of your questions, but price discussion is not allowed.

Also check out erowid's 5-MeO-DMT vault and their Psychoactive Toad vault

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/animals/toads/

There are many resources to research basic 5-MeO-DMT questions so I don't think starting a thread with such broad questions is going to yield many replies.

I smoked 5-MeO-DMT once and it was very intense, no visuals, but a very intense rush. It was definitely a worthwhile experience, but not one that I have actively attempted again. A lot of people enjoy it on longer lasting psychedelics to potentiate the effects, but this may be overwhelming for some. If you're looking for a pet than Id say go for it.

Have fun!

Be conscious of what those animals have to endure (beginning with shipping) so you can find peace and happiness.

All of God's creatures dig happiness. If you keep them well, they will keep you well.

one adult frog on average produces around 75 milligrams of dried venom, a dose for a full sized man being about 5-6 milligrams.

Right, but the toad venom isn't pure 5-MeO-DMT; it's a mixture of organic compounds of which 5-MeO-DMT is a constituent. The toad venom isn't straight 5-MeO-DMT and the doses are going to be higher than the pure chemical.

If you want them as pets; okay, but you might want to try pure 5-MeO-DMT first.

Without going into prices or sources it's a lot cheaper than the toads and will last you a very long time. Not just that but things are usually much nicer to work with when in they're pure forms.

I personally like 5-MeO-DMT. I haven't "broken through" but I like it's effects. There isn't any real euphoria or visuals or anything really. It's what it doesn't do that makes it so great. It's like sobriety x 1000. If that makes any sense.

Bufo alvarius

I don't know if this comes under source discussion as I'm not asking about buying a psychoactive substance. But does anyone know where I can buy a Bufo alvarius
Toad? I intend to extract it's 5-meo-dmt containing venom.

Don't know about buying one, but there's one in the museum down the road from me (or there used to be at least) which has me contemplating a toad-heist on the occasions I'm in the vicinity.

Yeah, I always suspected one of the staff was doing that on the quiet! After all, why put a seemingly-random collection of live amphibians and reptiles in a museum?

At least it goes to show that they can be obtained and kept under the right conditions. It'd be an interesting and (I imagine) ultimately cost-effective way of exploring hyperspace anyway!

I have seen them for sale on websites before...

But i am also pretty sure they are endangered or whatever its called when they are almost endangered.... protected? watched? i forget... but anyways... I dont think you could easily purchase one, might have to go to the desert at night lol

THH, I take it you looked at his location!

Norwich doesn't have a nearby desert, though some would say it's a cultural one in itself. =D

SamhainGrim, Don't diss the roots man. :) I don't think they are endangered, protected or watched. Could be wrong though.

If you feed your toad with food mixt with somme cheap and easily avalable 5-meo-DMT, will his milk be more potent ?

My guess is his sense of yin/yang and pure experiential oblivion will be more potent - or it might no be so healthy for the fella.
Maybe precursors like tryptamine (hard to come by), tryptophan - you can buy that as L-tryptophan, or something like that would help. Then again maybe thats not in his best interest either.

If you already have 5-MeO-DMT, what is the point harassing your pet?

My buddy has a Bufo Alvarius. He also has snakes, scorpions and other cool creatures. Psychoactive creatures are pretty a cool novelty though! I'd never smoke Bufo venom when synthesized 5-MeO-DMT is available, but still, it's pretty cool.

Is the 5-MeO-DMT content in Bufo Alvarius venom consistent?

I wonder if different Bufo produce different levels of 5-MeO-DMT, or if even the same Bufo could have venom with different levels depending on when it is milked?

That's why I'd be hesitant to smoke venom. At least with synthesized 5-MeO-DMT you know exactly how much you are taking.

I also wonder what else is present in the venom? Anything you might not want to be smoking into your lungs?