• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bufo Alvarius Thread

DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are available from legal sources in many countries in various plants over the internet. Eating a bit of plant is a whole lot less hassle than fucking around with toads......

Check erowid for:
Yopo, Ayahuasca, Psychotria Vidris, Syrian Rue, Harmala, etc

Last edited:
Bufo Alvarius - The psychedelic Herp

Ok, this is a question for both psychedelic enthusiasts and reptile keepers/breeders alike.. Does anyone have experience with this animal? I know their easy to maintain, and the venom is milked every two weeks through glands on the sides of the abdoman (without harm to the animal). Has anyone ever kept these little guys? Anyone have any successful breeding experiences they'd like to share?

I'm thinking of acquiring a breeding pair, just looking into any insight on their upkeep/demeanor stuff like that.

Oh, and has anyone had the smoked venom by chance? (I was just going to keep them as a general herp breeder, but I might give it a go, curiosity will kill that cat you know)

I cannot foresee a circumstance in which acquiring bufo alveri, maintaining their upkeep, consistently milking their glands, and regularly isolating the 5-MEO-DMT from the bufoteine in their venoms is more convenient than shelling out maybe $150 per gram of lab grade substance. Just a heads up.

unless you just wanna breed them for shits and giggles?

A neat amphibian to have around. Not a great source for 5-meo-dmt.

I would advise against getting them for the sole purpose of milking. If not milked properly you will be hurting the animal. And for what your about to shell out cash wise for the toads, you could easily get several grams of the lab grade chemical from 'somewhere'

Last edited:
As for their husbandry, keep like any other toad.

A paper towel(plain white, no color or dyes) substrate makes for easy cleaning/changing. Plus a water dish and a couple well placed rocks or reptile 'hide hole' and your good.

If you want a more natural substrate, get that wood chip substrate from the pet store thats meant for vivariums. Get the larger stuff, as when the toads eat they have a tendency to pick up ground litter with their meal and eating bits of gravel or other substrate will eventually kill the animal.

If you need any help or have any Qs feel free to PM me.

Just for the hell of it, it might be cool like any hobby...
But theres more stuff in that venom than 5-MeO like bufotenine which apparently doesnt make it worthwhile.
It might be OK to try once or twice, but I really wouldn't make it the source for my psychedelic needs ;) .
If you've got contacts, get some stuff to experiment with from them - if you don't... grow mushrooms or something.
I'm always remembered why people mostly take the classic established psychedelics: I don't think it's only because they are too afraid to try, the advantages of a different substance are not in proportion to the excess bagage.
You want the clean shit, not the unbearable bodyload flavored shit. :)

unless you just wanna breed them for shits and giggles?

Yes I understand the yeilds would be low, even if i would take the time to bother smoking the venom.. That said, I'm an animal enthusiast and that would basically be the reason the keep/breed them.

Also their really cute fucking frogs.

p.s.. Can't get bufotenine on the internet can ya?

If you've got contacts, get some stuff to experiment with from them - if you don't... grow mushrooms or something.

Have grown mushrooms for past few years, have plenty of contacts, not the subject in question. Maybe I should have placed this in a different thread, more to do with animals than drugs...

I was however curious about anyone who had experiencing smoking the straight venom.

Cheers, and thanks for the replies, just what I was looking for!

CloudyHazeD said:
A neat amphibian to have around. Not a great source for 5-meo-dmt.

I would advise against getting them for the sole purpose of milking. If not milked properly you will be hurting the animal. And for what your about to shell out cash wise for the toads, you could easily get several grams of the lab grade chemical from china.

You need to to edit out you're comment on getting several grams. Don't even name a country. That's all we need is for the thought police to have even a clue, bub.:\

dbailey11 said:
You need to to edit out you're comment on getting several grams. Don't even name a country. That's all we need is for the thought police to have even a clue, bub.:\

But your quote has it too! :p ;)

I just think the novelty of having a pet that you can theoretically get high from is a cool thing to be able to say.

Yea, any lifeform, espiacally a reptile and not a plant or fungus that produces endogenous tryptamines is pretty spectacular in my book, probably why I'm interested in them. I could take a tryptamine and just hang out with them, maybe we could communicate in some otherwise unforseen way, like I do with my living mushrooms (I've noticed definite energy exchanges). Either way, pretty shitbones rad.

toads aren't reptiles. They're amphibians. ;)

what are your energy exchanges with mushrooms like? This is a serious question. I've smoked DMT and felt as though I were somehow interacting with living beings I previously thought were simply inanimate objects lying around my house, but I wouldn't throw that in a sentence like you have as if it were truly happening. Are your experiences like this, or different?

toads aren't reptiles. They're amphibians.
wow, I must have been fucked up, haha.

When I smoked DMT (only once),it was after hours in a tattoo shop. After I could stand up again, I immediately went outside and heard some kind of language perceived by some kind of other sense coming directly from the trees around me (positive on this). It was a small parking lot and late at night But was surrounded by very tall old trees (don't know what kind).

I've once combined DXM (370mg) and Psilocybe cubensis (2gramsdried) and walked a two mile old path in park land that leads to a beach, and I was hearing the discussions (more like encompassing feelings) of every life form around me. Only living organic matter though. Butterflies, birds, insects, I even heard a kind of sound come out of an old tree (that I had previously noted as being beautiful). It was really amazing.

Its very hard to describe in words the reaction you get when you eat your own mushrooms that you've grown and cared for and are still fruiting, its sort of an all-encompassing feeling, some strange language that I couldn't even attempt to theorize here. [when said mushrooms are both in your stomach and your fruiting chamber, possibly in your room.

Bufo alvarius (Psychedelic Toads)

I'm thinking about getting one just as a pet... I was wondering. Is there anyway to extract the 5-meo-dmt from the toad without harming it? I've USFSE and I could not find any extraction techniques.

Don't. They live upwards of 15 years and it takes a lot of expense and time to care for them correctly.

Bufo_alvarius,_in_hand,I_JDW126.jpg

thought this thread could benefit from a picture...