• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

I have a friend that the only psychedelic he's really receptive to is herb, he's taken windowpane LSD and shrooms and both times he just got a body buzz and no other effects and to him LSD was a stimulant and he did take strong LSD and mushrooms both times.

The first time one of my friends tried LSD he felt nothing besides a body high until he smoked some marijuana.

I understand why he didn't trip hard though, it because of the setting. A lot of experienced trippers were all on LSD too and we were all drinking in an apartment with loud music, too much going on at once to focus on the trip, even I had a hard time noticing my visuals until I stepped outside and then I was blown away at how vibrant they were. [I was on 4 hits of really strong blotter]

I think the DXM is the problem. Tripping on DXM 2-3x a week is some pretty heavy use, and i'd expect it to effect your enjoyment of other drugs (and life in general, for that matter).

Try not using DXM for a few weeks and then drop the acid. IDK if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

watch. I bet I know whats gonna happen. He'll try one more time and get frusterated. Then in a last ditch effort he will unluckily eatl like 100 tabs and then it will work and he'll go crazy for a day or too.

Amber's post got it good.

Also, it could be bunk acid and your friend was just getting a placebo trip off it. (it does happen, especially with inexperienced users).

I've had this problem with all drugs at one point :) Frustrating as shit... The problem was I've been smoking dank for 3 years daily, my brain did not even work without weed... Haha.. some sad shit. I was doing MDMA and was like WHY ISNT IT WORKING, like 4 times lol -- I wanted to have a clean trip without weed. The 5th time I gave up and smoked some herb then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM HEAD SHOT, and you know the rest. Rolled fuckin balls. Maybe your problem lies in DXM.

Whoa! Kinda suck :'( Poor dude ! I had a question too, it is possible to be sensitive to the lsd effect and after to be non-sensitive? (i mean lost effects) Sorry for my english btw

Peace Out

Not that it can basically nullify the effects of acid (or any drug for that instance) however my partner seems more receptive to drugs, all different kinds so I can just put it down to one specific class, then myself. I attribute this to me being alot more analytical then him. So basically I can't "let myself go" as easily as him. For example, we might take the same pill and he's munted as while I'm only "half there".....I think about things (eg, what's happenig with my body? What's this drug doing to me?) too much!

But like I said, can see how, if this is the case with you, it could completely negate the affects of LSD. Im too putting my money on the DXM.

^Nah, no cross-tolerance between weed and LSD.
It's not about tolerance at all, it's about brain function. I tested this theory many, many times and I know that it is true, for me anyway. When you do something like smoke weed daily for 3 years, your brain WILL get use to it. I did this and tried to do MDMA several times with little effects at all. As soon as I hit the blunt though I was in the clouds :).

Hello,

I am totally new to LSD or any psycho active drug. I've only tried XTC 4 times in the past, but I'm searching for something more visual, something deeper, and longer lasting. I've always been wondering how to find LSD around (yeah yeah, it finds you, but I guess it did then ;-) ), but now a study mate of mine is able to get me 4 papertrips.

I now face a 'luxary' dilemma: I live in the Netherlands, and drug testing is free over here. Problem is that I would like to have this experience (and hopefully 'these experiences') with my girlfriend. If I get 1 trip tested, I will only have 3 left, which leaves me with an uneven amount for me and my gf. For future use we would then have to buy some more from a different batch, and hence have to test it again. So, getting 1 out of 4 tested isn't so 'economically interesting'...

I am kind of thinking about just buying 4, and get nothing tested at all. We would then start with half a paper trip each, and see how it goes.

I know that in America and a lot of other parts of the world testing isn't free, so I guess a fair amount people have experience with taking the drug without testing it first.

So my question kind of is: what would you advise me to do?

Thanks in advance!

Okay I have a couple questions.

1. After your trip...does it change your perception in a way where you feel more disassosiated? Like...you don't feel like you're living in-the-moment totally? Or maybe you feel alienated? Does it make it harder to feel normal emotions through normal means? Like attraction for the opposite sex, or the excitement of a party.

I know...it sounds stupid. But like I really don't know how an acid trip and it's perception changes could affect you. I've heard from a couple who've experienced ego death...how they have no desire for anything or someshit. I feel dead inside as it is...I don't wanna feel even more emotionless. :|

2. How long post-trip do you feel the perception changes...if any? Like how long until you come back to a totally normal, sober state of mind?

After you come down it's definitely not a disassociated state i personally felt more connected and at peace with my life and surroundings after a high dose acid trip. The best i can describe is like feeling reborn and invigorated. That feeling probably lasted around 3-4 months after the trip and then it was kindof back to humdrum sober state of mind with a better perspective on my life.
Hope that helps a little.

I am kind of thinking about just buying 4, and get nothing tested at all. We would then start with half a paper trip each, and see how it goes.

have you ever gotten anything tested? do you have any reason to suspect you need to get these trips tested? do you know your dealer well, and do you trust his experiences eating this batch?

if you have any reason to suspect adulterated trips, then i must suggest you get them tested. giving up one trip is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that you got exactly what you paid for. if you are really worried about the unevenness of 3 trips for two people, is there any way you can buy 5 trips and get one tested?

Ryan i would have to agree with thespiral. In no way is it disassociated state, your thought pattern may be a little different but in a good way. After a strong pleasent and introspective trip leaves me feeling so wonderful !! It is like a total rebirth of your consciouness and if anything u will feel more in the moment ! O wow u got me jonesing for some of those lovely Hoffman anniversery tabs now !!!!

After you come down it's definitely not a disassociated state i personally felt more connected and at peace with my life and surroundings after a high dose acid trip. The best i can describe is like feeling reborn and invigorated. That feeling probably lasted around 3-4 months after the trip and then it was kindof back to humdrum sober state of mind with a better perspective on my life.
Hope that helps a little.

Ryan i would have to agree with thespiral. In no way is it disassociated state, your thought pattern may be a little different but in a good way. After a strong pleasent and introspective trip leaves me feeling so wonderful !! It is like a total rebirth of your consciouness and if anything u will feel more in the moment ! O wow u got me jonesing for some of those lovely Hoffman anniversery tabs now !!!!

Haha well this is good to hear.=D

Sounds like the best course of action - unless a trustworthy psychonaut has verified these tabs to be LSD for you. In that case, I'd simply take 1.5 - 2 tabs right from the get-go. Two relatively strong hits of acid, by today's standards, would make for a good first-time trip in my opinion.

After a good acid trip, I'm usually a little burnt out the next day. The long-term therapeutic effects of LSD are invaluable, though.

Last edited: