View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to these?
Does it dilate pupils?
I might buy a 150mcg blotter, i've never tripped before, so should i start with half a tab?
How long would you say a 75mcg or 150mcg trip would last?
Safe to do it alone?

Does it dilate pupils?
I might buy a 150mcg blotter, i've never tripped before, so should i start with half a tab?
Safe to do it alone?

I'd start with half a tab.

If you're new to tripping grab yourself some etizolam in case you need to end the trip.

Not that I've heard of ... and I've read tons of reports ... but it's always possible.

Does it dilate pupils?
Yes, definitely.

I've personally never experimented down at that level. TiHKAL indicates 80 to 160 mcg, and 150 mcg has become the de facto "1-hit" dose. 150 mcg is definitely a very enjoyable experience for me. And pushing to 300 mcg can pretty reliably open the psychedelic floodgates -- again, for me. I don't feel the need (only the curiosity) to go higher. I know others who have. It's always best to start small and grow, though.

The question becomes one of efficient use of material: if 75 mcg doesn't do much for you, will you be stuck with another useless 75 mcg half-tab? Or do you have a reliable source for more? It would be a shame to waste the whole experience by cutting up your one and only (if that's the case) worthwhile dose into two.

TiHKAL says 6-8 hours. And that's about right, I think. (In the end, you can't really say exactly when a trip starts and stops -- especially stops.) Your question about pupil dilation has me wondering: are you trying to do this within a specific time frame and without anyone knowing what you're up to? If so, you're still going to look like an owl well past that 8-hour mark ... and probably not be quite "right" (mentally) after your first psychedelic experience until the next day. Just a friendly word of warning. ;) (With more on that below.)

Safe to do it alone?
Wow ... how to answer that? It's safe for me to do it alone -- so far. But that does nothing to answer your question. If someone insisted on doing a psychedelic alone for his first experience, AL-LAD is probably the one I would give him. But, I wouldn't recommend that. So, that does nothing to answer your question either. I think you're going to have to make that call. If you do decide to do it alone, then do yourself a favor and read every trip report you can get your eyes on. Know what to expect. And, as someone earlier said, have a Benzo on hand for a quick "out."

Really, it would be best by far to have a sitter for your first psychedelic experience. (Maybe all of them ... IDK?) You don't really know how solid you are until you're there, and once you're there it's kind of too late to go into rational planning mode. In a "proper" psychedelic state, you're liable to become highly suggestible to every implausible and impossible thought that crosses your mind. And it often feels like millions of them are crossing your mind every second. Most of them are benign, amusing, funny, totally ridiculous, and on and on. But, when they turn scary and sinister (as they admittedly do not often do on AL-LAD), someone from "back home" can give you a little jolt and reestablish the real world tether. (I don't know if that's a metaphor that will make perfect sense.) Got any friends with 6 hours to kill?

Here's maybe the most important thing. If I'm reading this situation correctly (with the clues being your concern with pupil dilation and trip length), I suspect that you're trying to do this somewhat on the down-low and hoping to get back "in time." Nothing wrong with that on the surface, but I can tell you from experience that this is difficult to pull off. That is, going into any trip with urgency and the thought of "I've got to get this totally wrapped up by 6:45" is a good way to provoke things into going south. That anxiety gets greatly magnified and twisted in all sorts of crazy ways when you're in a psychedelic state. I don't think there's a huge risk of this on 150 mcg of AL-LAD ... but there definitely is on higher doses and with other substances. You don't want to find yourself in Pandora being drawn and quartered by the solar wind while the bricks are flying out of your walls and the ocean is pouring in through your ceiling ... and then have the thought that your girlfriend is due home -- when? sometime soon? who's my girlfriend? I've lost all track of time? what's time? where am I? who am I? That's when things can get a little dicey. Again, best not to provoke those sorts of experiences ... don't challenge these substances, or yourself on these substances -- especially your first time in. 'Cause you're liable to want to just get out. And you can do that with your Benzo ... but then the whole thing was kind of a waste. I may be misreading the situation, though -- and, if so, you can disregard my concern. Good luck...

Well i still live with my mother, i'm 19. She works half time, so i was thinking of doing it in early morning, and obviously she'll figure out i'm on something if my pupils are dilated. Only friends that i'm able to see are not into drugs whatsoever and they look down on me for doing them, but my best friend in england, we could prolly get on skype together in case something goes wrong, idk if that'd help though.
And i do have a reliable source i suppose. So my main concern is my pupils...

Well i still live with my mother, i'm 19. She works half time, so i was thinking of doing it in early morning, and obviously she'll figure out i'm on something if my pupils are dilated. Only friends that i'm able to see are not into drugs whatsoever and they look down on me for doing them, but my best friend in england, we could prolly get on skype together in case something goes wrong, idk if that'd help though.
And i do have a reliable source i suppose. So my main concern is my pupils...

19 is old enough to get a hotel, it may cost a little bit of cash but seems worth it to me. You are an adult so you could easily just let her know that you're staying at a friends for the night. BTW I took 300 ugs all by myself at my house and I was fine, I've had experience tripping for years though.

I'm unemployed, not gonna be able to afford a hotel, maybe a cheap, gross motel where people go to fuck prostitutes, not exactly a great setting for me to be tripping in. My first time as well.
I guess i could wait until ma is going somewhere and i have the apartment for myself longer than 4 hours

Supposedly they've got strong anxiolytic properties, i don't know if that's what kills the trip though.

Supposedly they've got strong anxiolytic properties, i don't know if that's what kills the trip though.

There's really no such thing as "killing a trip". Benzos will chill you out, and subjectively diminish the psychedelic effects, which can help if you are in a bad mental state.

Antipsychotics, which are also commonly mentioned as a way to "abort" a trip, directly block the action of the psychedelic drug on serotonin receptors, by binding to the receptors as antagonists. However, there is no antipsychotic that is, effectively, a reverse mirror of the receptor binding profile of, say, AL-LAD. So what happens is that some, but not all, aspects of the trip will be blocked. Complete sobriety is however not achieved, instead the user is thrown into a weird headspace, which can get pretty ugly.

If you expect that you may need to kill a trip, it's probably best not to take the drug at all. Find a good setting, get into a good mindset, and then embark on the trip when you're ready.

That said, I think that with AL-LAD, a first-time tripper is in "good hands" :) While I am not saying you should throw caution to the wind, AL-LAD is pretty gentle. Just be prepared to have everything, including your grasp on reality, questioned. And remember that whatever happens, it will be over in 8 hours, even if those 8 hours may seem like an eternity.

Also, personally, I would reach for a couple of beers before a benzo. The stupidly simple "feel good" aspect of alcohol can be surprisingly helpful in improving your mood, and, consequently, your outlook on things.

Last edited:
Don't be so hasty - perhaps he's got some more in store for us. God works in mysterious ways his aladdin to provide :D And why didn't everyone stock up with 400 in the freezer in case of a drought occuring?

I think doing it in bursts might be the best way - instead of leaving it available for ever until every doofus gets hold of some, put it out there for a few months, let it sink back under the radar, then release a little more.

Don't be so hasty - perhaps he's got some more in store for us. God works in mysterious ways his aladdin to provide :D And why didn't everyone stock up with 400 in the freezer in case of a drought occuring?

I think doing it in bursts might be the best way - instead of leaving it available for ever until every doofus gets hold of some, put it out there for a few months, let it sink back under the radar, then release a little more.
Agree with every word ---^

Thanks ;)

I really wanted someone to comment my comment :D I went through a life changing experience

So, has anyone here took high doses of AL-LAD? How does it differ from high dose LSD?

Anyone experienced ego death with AL-LAD?

I really wanted someone to comment my comment :D I went through a life changing experience

So, has anyone here took high doses of AL-LAD? How does it differ from high dose LSD?

Well your report makes me jealous, I'll be lucky if I get more than 150 ug! I hope LSZ can get me to the same type of spot you talk about in your post.

I've still got 2 and a 1/2 150s left from September. I hope they're still okay.

I've gone as high as 300 and that was plenty - I could hardly see across the room for the visuals. I dunno about ego death but I was certainly running around naked with my underpants on my head.

I think it is even more explosively psychedelic than LSD but it seems to scatter your thoughts a bit more, I find I can ponder a bit more sensibly on LSD and mushrooms. Alan Ladd just seems to be the mischevious, lysergic sunshine imp of the family.

still yet to try this, only have 300mics sitting here, whats a good testing dose? wud 75mg be ok to try first off? and if i like u think 225 should go down the hatch?

also just for hypothetical reasons, anyone combined this at the peak with a hit of dmt? and if not would you? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.