View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
still yet to try this, only have 300mics sitting here, whats a good testing dose? wud 75mg be ok to try first off? and if i like u think 225 should go down the hatch?

also just for hypothetical reasons, anyone combined this at the peak with a hit of dmt? and if not would you? =D

Nah, I don't like DMT I'm afraid. DMT is smoked at LSD peak so doubt it would be risky healthwise.

Yes, 75ug is about twice a threshold dose. I waited patiently after dosing a quarter tab & felt extremely subtle effects after two hours. 75ug will still be pretty gentle, 150ug is also still a mild trip but things do pick up once you hit the 200ug mark. I always thought these tabs should've been dosed at 200ug, makes the maths simpler & gives better value!

I remember seeing a slight mention earlier in the thread, but cant seem to find it anymore....
question: does AL-LAD have the same handling and storage requirements as LSD? Id assume that if the answer was yes, a chunk of the active chem would degrade during shipping from a vendor. Im just curious is all. From the sound of it, this chem is a real winner. Im bummed I didnt hop on the train when it was still available and making its rounds.

I don't believe it would be unreasonable to assume that Al-Lad & LSD share similar degradation issues. Al does not appear to be any more prone to degrading than LSD is. I doubt there'd be much degradation simply through the mail system, but leaving it in sunlight & warmth or getting the tab wet for any length of time would I suspect be terminal.

Regarding potency/degradation, I stored 5 tabs in the dark at room temp (or slightly higher during july & August) & had no perceptible loss of potency from my first experience with the substance in early September to my most recent experience at the beginning of November.

Went with two 300mcg trips, which were both great. Remaining 150 was used in combo with 30mg 4-HO-DET & a smallish amount of mdma.This was an excellent experience as well, despite the fact that tolerance was a factor. Will do a better write up when I've got some spare time to reflect. To use a Shulginism, AL-LAD is my ally ;)

Ive a fair amount of psych experience (by no means to the extent as the maj here, more of a downer person) but i am very interested in this compound. I am wondering how visual it is? Ive read its not as visual as lsd, ive also read its more visual. Is there certainty to that or is it the kind of thing that everbody experiences differently. The ones i would get are supposed 150mcg and i would only take one, probably solo as these days the only thing the ppl i know would want is a bag of nod and a spike and maybe some xanax lol.

Also, how do the effects of lsz compare? I am alos interested in this bc i get severe migraines, have since i was a kid, and ergolines have long been a treatment for migraines. I know one called sansert can produce lsd like effect if taken in really high doses. Id love it if these analogs could stop my migraines for a few months or something.

LSz is like a longer, deeper version. Some people dig them both, some one or the other, some people dig neither of them.

As for the visuals & the quality of the effects generally, I guess like the rest of us, you'll just need to work that out (carefully) for yourself.

Also, how do the effects of lsz compare? I am alos interested in this bc i get severe migraines, have since i was a kid, and ergolines have long been a treatment for migraines. I know one called sansert can produce lsd like effect if taken in really high doses. Id love it if these analogs could stop my migraines for a few months or something.

Hello.
Fellow migraine sufferer here. There is a B&D thread dedicated to migraines and psychs ( would link ya but I'm too lazy, sorry )
I learnt a few things from it, I can recommend it, its only 2 or 3 pages and well worth a read.
In a moment of desperation I very nearly dropped 1/4 of a tab of AL-LAD to ease a migraine but decided it was a waste.
Someone in the B&D mentioned getting some relief from 3 or 4 morning glory seeds. This, personally seems like a less expensive and wasteful technique.
AL-LAD may not be around forever either whereas I'm sure morning glories or HBW will remain fairly easy to obtain. Good luck with the headaches mate. They're fuckers aren't they ? My heart always goes out to people who know how intense they can be.
Take care

Oh and IIRC 'Fun' ergoloids provide pain relief as and when migraines happen, not prevent them for weeks or months. Might be totally wrong about this though.

^fucking aye, everytime that someone is like just take an asprin its only a headache i want to put their head into a drill press on a canoe in a rough ocean. yea i remember reading the migraine threads, there was also one in ditm about thins lik mushrooms and acid to ease "suicide headaches" which i think are like cluster migraines. i cant even imagin how bad that must be...ive had moments where i wanted to eat my .45 just so the blood will darin and lower th pressure. yeaa i didnt think i would provide a long term cure...sucks.

I was in the position over the weekend where I was able to compare AL-LAD and LSD directly. I took 150ug of AL-LAD and after about 4 hours, topped it up with a small to medium amount of LSD (the blotter was of unknown dose). It's the first time I have taken AL-LAD but having the two back to back gave me the ability to draw conclusions between the two.

Dare I say that AL-LAD is LSD perfected? All the positive aspects (depth, empathy, ego softening, introspection, etc) are there without the rough ride which acid can cause? Theres less push and less physical jitteryness, clenched jaw and speedyness. It also seems less likely to have a dark side.

Ive been taking LSD now and then since 1989 but AL-LAD is new to me. I would love to hear from someone who has explored it more about whether my conclusions seem right.

I've never done LSD (as far as I know - the one time I did have 'lsd' it was almost painful directly where my tongue touched it, so i suspect nbome anyway...) but when I have done ALLAD there's no jitteryness, jaw, no speed. personally it had no bodily effect at all except feeling a bit odd urinating, burping and farting - fairly normal for me for psychedelics. But I have had some awfully rough mental rides with it, but this was with nitrous as well which has thrown a lot of trips out for me recently (one to avoid).

Ive a fair amount of psych experience (by no means to the extent as the maj here, more of a downer person) but i am very interested in this compound. I am wondering how visual it is? Ive read its not as visual as lsd, ive also read its more visual. Is there certainty to that or is it the kind of thing that everbody experiences differently. The ones i would get are supposed 150mcg and i would only take one, probably solo as these days the only thing the ppl i know would want is a bag of nod and a spike and maybe some xanax lol.

Hey Medicine, I actually ordered 3 hits of AL and LSZ for this very investigation. I took a half hit (75ug) of Al when I first got them while I had a severe migraine to see if it would have an impact. (as well as I bit of an allergy test/get to know it) I have tripped for years although I did plenty when I was young and dumb :) I followed up 9 days later with 325ugs of AL and had a fantastic time watching the wall and teh doors :) the interesting part is that I suffer from chronic migraines usually from 6-9 pain level daily, no days without pain, I did this, this past friday and have not had even a shadow or twinge since. the next 2 fridays are earmarked for 2 trips 225ug of LSZ to see if I can continue and perhaps extend the relief time. I will be posting more info over on teh cluster busters message boards when I have more info.

also for the record I loved AL and the visuals (I did smoke thorughout the trip as I have always found it help up the trip while smoothing it out) Fantastic trip! Fantastic chemical, here's hoping this isn't just a placebo effect. :/ (i am also on 100mg topirimate daily with no effect on my migraines)

^beautiful! I had a 5+ last night from the weather i think and had to take immitrex, i try not to bc its bad for your heart. Took a long time but the pain is gone but i feel spent.

This makes me extremely glad to hear, thanks for giving it a go. I dont take any main meds for them, just abortives when its nec. Im mobile so i cant see but youre UK yea?

I'm in Canada actually... and funny enough I took this route as it was easier then finding other sources locally. I also forgot to mention that the 75ug did nothing to help the headache. I don't like the meds and their side effects that my neuro keeps trying on me, but due to being on disability I have to keep trying to legal but crappy stuff while I try to fix myself. (sorry for off topic here) None of the abortives have ever worked for me either and since I am sensitive to barometric pressure which I can't eliminate from my diet :) I am willing to try anything :) (some of the reading I have done seems to show that it can take multiple doses to get lasting effects, almost like a build up.) hence the plan for several more trips. I of course have no idea if these RC's are even suppose to have the same impact as LSD and Mushrooms or the LSA seeds. (sorry if some of this, isn't coherent, the topamax really messes with my word associations)

Dare I say that AL-LAD is LSD perfected? All the positive aspects (depth, empathy, ego softening, introspection, etc) are there without the rough ride which acid can cause? Theres less push and less physical jitteryness, clenched jaw and speedyness. It also seems less likely to have a dark side.

I wouldn't argue with you much builder but I do think LSD has the edge for music. Alan Ladd doesn't seem quite as good for music and perhaps not for deep introspection - tho I never found acid much good for deep instrospection either, I always thought mushrooms were better for that.

I wouldn't argue with you much builder but I do think LSD has the edge for music. Alan Ladd doesn't seem quite as good for music and perhaps not for deep introspection - tho I never found acid much good for deep instrospection either, I always thought mushrooms were better for that.
It's hard for me to say as AL-LADdin and I only danced the on the merry go round a few times unfortunately, but I always found LSD to be one of my "top tier" psyches, along with the likes of DMT/Mesc/2c-E/DOC/etc.......! Even LSZ was amazingly beautiful!

I took two tabs of this and got blasted into cosmic space, beyond time and beyond any semblance of the typical human experience... I was aiming for enlightenment, and I got it baby! But damn if only it was permanent. Once infinite bliss has attained every thing else is really a joke, a game, a shadow on the wall of Being, playing silhouettes from the grand projector beyond the veil. Seriously insane, seriously beautiful. I've never done LSD before but I seriously doubt it could top this stuff. What's the most you guys have done and been comfortable with?

First day I had 1 & a quarter tabs, loved it. The very next day I did 1.75 tabs, whats that in micrgrams, one sec... about 237ug. 225ug seems about perfect for me, but I may still ramp it up to 300 one day if my meagre supply lasts long enough... Speaking of meagre supplies, this has almost ceased to be on sale in the UK.

Nicely put, mirrors my finding pretty accurately, except I didn't have to put myself through another LSD trip. In 5 years of experimenting with new psychedelics, I have yet to find one that makes me want to try LSD again... Al-Lad has filled the Lysergide gap in my preferred repertoire beautifully with the added reasurance of regulated dosage, professional synthesis & production & no legality concerns. What, I beg, is not to like..? =D

I took two tabs of this and got blasted into cosmic space
Yeah ... 300ug is enough to open the psychedelic floodgates for me. I'd like to ramp it up to 450ug, though -- just out of curiosity.

I've never had a bad AL-LAD trip per se, but last time I do remember thinking to myself, "oh, this is starting to feel like a bad trip ... let's make it a good bad trip." IDK ... there's something very copacetic about it that seems to prevent (at least me) from taking things too far in a negative direction. And it's *much* more often 100% positive and euphoric. Very, very pleasurable. Also, at 300ug, I reliably "lose it all" for a certain amount of time ... like, the first-person singular completely evaporates, I don't know where I go, and I'm not so sure I want to know(?) 8o It's episodic ... and when I snap back and regain *some* perspective, I feel vaguely horrified or embarrassed about what just went on. =D Even if I don't remember much of it or can't really access it. The problem is that, when you lose first-person singular perspective, it becomes very hard to get back "there" and recall the experience. I guess I've always explained it to myself along the lines of, there was no "I" there experiencing anything. It was just raw experience. Whatever little has been accessible about that experience, though, has been worth its weight in gold.

The other thing that I find happening with AL-LAD -- at 300ug, not lower -- is that it reliably goes extremely "contrasty" on me. That's the standout or unifying feature for me over about a dozen trips. Everything is changing from itself to its inverse over very definite boundaries ... from black to white and back, from normal color to inverse color and back, from in to out and back, from alive to dead and back -- you get the idea. Lots of Terminator-like special effects in that regard. But, I keep getting trapped on the wrong side of things(!) Like, I'll be behind a translucent page of a book, and I can see the writing, but it's backwards. So, I slip through the page and suddenly the book has flipped itself and the writing is backwards again. Or I'll reach out to grab something, and it disappears -- only to reappear somewhere else. I end up chasing a lot of shit around I guess ... LOL! I'm not describing actual visuals BTW ... this is all "mental movie" stuff (I think?) -- and only fragments. Like I said, it sometimes becomes very hard to "get it back" or recall it after the fact. A lot of it is very hazy...

The "take home," though, has always been very positive. It's gentle, kind, peaceful, and mind-opening. I always come back with a great new idea, or a better way to look at something, a resolution to a problem -- that kind of stuff. It's helped me to separate the wheat from the chaff in my life, focus on some particular goals, look at certain issues from someone else's perspective, be more productive. Oh! ... and it *always* reinforces my commitment to staying sober (no alcohol -- extremely important for me). Wow ... I guess I could go on and on!

Anyway, I didn't mean to write a trip report. It's not one, really. Just some aggregated impressions from someone in love with a very interesting mistress and mental guide. <3

I had a little taste about bad trip when i took 450ug of al-lad. Good thing it happened before i smoked a shitload of weed because thats when the trip really started. Spiders coming out of my dick and so on, i had to go pee outside to my yard because i was so scared to go to bathroom :D good thing my brother was there to calm me down. If this "bad trip" would have go full-on when i was tripping hard it could've been fucking horrible. Ended up being the most amazing trip ever tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.