View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noted one user and many more online reporting of allergic like reactions to AL-LAD despite being fine with LSD, they report a tingling in the skin which stays uncomfortably for the whole trip especially when touching objects and gets worse at higher doses.

Excellent psy otherwise :D fine for me. Not the LSD replacement, it's what you want for a deep trip or some nice mushies, but if you want a bit of a light hearted trip very similar to acid but not as taxing then this is what you want. I think it would be very difficult to tell the difference between this and LSD unless experienced however there is notable differences with a shorter duration in AL-LAD, different audial hallucinations, clearer headspace (although could be confused with clean, remember this stuff is much purer than the LSD going around) and less potent,

Is that a thing?

Yeah, too much in a bad environment.

My first roll I triple dropped (naive 17 year old "friends" bad advice).

Come up and roll were pure anxiety not to mention the comedown...

I can't compare it to LSD, but AL-LAD is a wonderful substance. I intended to just take one 150ug hit but 20 minutes in thought what the hell and ate two more. So my total dose was 450ug. It's hard to describe what happened but it was a great experience which I'm looking forward to repeating. Side Effects were nonexistent, the only real complaint is that using electronic devices (phones, computers, ..) is really hard with the letters whirling about and so. Other than that pure bliss without a hint of anxiety and speedines.

Never got any hyperthermia on it - are you sure it wasn't all in your imagination?

Obviously if you're prone to melancholy when tripping you're better off avoiding psychedelics.

It was pretty humid, might just have been that. I was pretty hot the following day even straight. AL-LAD didn't do anything good for me though. No euphoria, though after the main part was over I did find some videos amusing and was smiling a fair amount. I didn't drink any coffee that day like I normally do so maybe that had something to do with it. The worst thing was the tremors, and what little visuals I got did not make up for them. There has to be some pretty damn good visuals to make up for shaking like bugger for the first couple hours. That burns up a lot of energy and leaves me rather exhausted, in addition to being just plain annoying.

I'm with you Is, sounds like your head was not entirely straight for tripping Jason, I'm afraid. Obviously we'll assume you have the correct product because you have LSz too.

I'm not certain I'd advise another trip on the LSz just yet but if you decide to do so consider using some relaxation techniques (quite, dark room, deep breathing etc) between ingestion & first alerts. On the odd occassions that I attempt relaxation prior to tripping I find myself in a much more comfortable, chilled headspace when the trip peaks. Once that point is reached I'm happy hopping up & playing music, going out walking, going for pizza (a strangely common trip activity for me).

If you're in the PERFECT frame of mind for tripping & you know it, I'm sure little can go wrong on an average or low dose of either Al or LSz, but if you're not entirely straight in the head, the techniques I suggest may help reduce any discomfort. I suspect the hyperthermia was related to your mind-set which is why I thing that MDMA users who panic (I'm not suggesting you paniced, but you didn't sound too comfortable) are far more likely to suffer the adverse effects of increased body temperature caused by MDMA.

Some people just don't suit certain compounds, & it may be that your time with psyches is done. Either way, best wishes to you! Sorry you didn't enjoy it :(

I think I'll try the 4-ACO-MET I have but didn't try yet. Just got 100 mg for testing. I was thinking of trying it the day the AL-LAD came but then I tried that instead. From what I've read, I think the 4-ACO-MET may be the keeper of the lot. However, 4-HO-DET did not agree with me at all so it could be a repeat performance. I'll probably try that tomorrow after a few days have passed from the AL-LAD. It's quite possible that 4-ACO-MET is actually superior to LSD and its analogues but I'll have to confirm it. Several people have said it was their fav psych of all.

I can't compare it to LSD, but AL-LAD is a wonderful substance. I intended to just take one 150ug hit but 20 minutes in thought what the hell and ate two more. So my total dose was 450ug. It's hard to describe what happened but it was a great experience which I'm looking forward to repeating. Side Effects were nonexistent, the only real complaint is that using electronic devices (phones, computers, ..) is really hard with the letters whirling about and so. Other than that pure bliss without a hint of anxiety and speedines.

Am I the only person who had the full body shakes then? I don't know why, but pretty much every psych gives me tremors like crazy. Really, really not enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Not related to this compound per se, but LSD has given me tremors. Really have to second that maybe you're just not in the right mind for tripping though

@jason7

I don't remember any shakes (or I was tripping so hard that I didn't know). The only thing that does that for me is 2c-e and even those aren't bad.

i dont think tremors is a symptom of not being in the right mindset to trip... i think it has more to do with overall wellbeing, like having all your minerals and viamins in place. probably magnesium and calcium supplements might ease things next time, and i dont mean just during the trip, some people already have low magnesium and calcium levels that might become a bother during effort

i dont think tremors is a symptom of not being in the right mindset to trip... i think it has more to do with overall wellbeing, like having all your minerals and viamins in place. probably magnesium and calcium supplements might ease things next time, and i dont mean just during the trip, some people already have low magnesium and calcium levels that might become a bother during effort

I take supplements, multivitamin minerals, and I eat very healthy stuff. The only thing I tried that stops the tremors is to take Motherwort tincture, which is a natural antiadrenergic. Only problem being it seems to cut the other effects to a large degree too. I tried it with both 25C-NBOME and 2CE. The tremors and nausea were barely detectable but I didn't really get very high either. I tried it with the 2CE because I wanted to test a compound with rather severe nausea and tremor effects. I felt stimulated but that was about all from about 13 mg. Must say it was a rather pleasant stimulation though. Can't really say if the Motherwort was contributing to that effect or not but I didn't get the same stimulation from the 25C. But I must add that I took a large dose of the Motherwort, 40 drops. Normal dose is only 20 but I wanted to make damn sure I didn't get nausea and tremors if at all possible. So perhaps 10-20 drops would cut the tremors and leave the other effects. I didn't use any with the AL-LAD because I wanted to see the true effects of it.

I've heard of jittery/shakey comeups on this but it tends to disappear within the first 2-3 hours.

For anyone experiencing nausea with LSD or similar I recommend Ondansetron or Domperidone.

Very interested in trying this stuff if I come across some and get my banking issues sorted out. Reading a lot of these posts, they seem overwhelmingly positive, and many of you are mentioning lots of positives this compound has over LSD itself, do some of you actually prefer this stuff to LSD then? Why/why not?

If I do get to try it sometime soon I might like to extend the experience since 4-5 hours is rather short - is redosing with this stuff effective enough to make it worthwhile?

I might be remembering wrong but I can only currently recall ever redosing on 2C-Xs and I found that to work just fine, and not be as pointless as people had suggested. Yes taking 10mg + 10mg in two doses of a 2C-X was weaker than taking 20mg in one go, but so is taking 100mg + 100mg of MDMA rather than 200mg in one go, so I didn't see anything unusual about the tolerance.

Hi I've never tried LSD but this last a bit longer than 4-5h, more like 6-7 fore the main effects + residual visuals even longer.

And tbh for me it's better than the 2c stuff -no body load (stomach pains and such), no speediness, no anxiety.

Must say that though my first try with AL-LAD was less than I expected it to be, it was still the best of all the RC psychs I ever tried. I tried out some 4-ACO-MET today and it sucked pretty bad. I still shudder to think about it. My only real gripe with the AL-LAD was that I did get tremors and that it seems to be weaker than I expected. Two or more hits might be pretty good though. I'll take my remaining 2 blotters at once when I do take them.

I agree about the durations, the visuals can last quite long. Also agree on no body load like from 2c-e. The only thing 2c-e does better is audio and stability.

For me this is wonderful, cant wait to try lsz and lsd.

is redosing with this stuff effective enough to make it worthwhile?

i think so, but i am sensitive to psychedelics...
the an initial dose of 150ug al-lad and redosing of 200ish ug of lsd(around 6h mark) had me going for around 24 hours.

It's almost amazing how little nausea etc this drug induces: I ate a huge meal 20 min after having ingested 300 mics of the stuff, and I felt absolutely fine. Tolerance might have been an issue, but I didn't get much visuals and could have easily taken more, even though I spent the day traveling on a train. I did get rather emotional though.

My song to al-lad,

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
I'll dose you tomorrow
It's only a day awaaaaay!

Sorry, I'm being a dork. For real though, I got my order. The blotters with al-lad printed on one side and the molecule on the other. I'm super excited to finally taste an LSD analogue. And this one sounds so good. I'm thinking of starting with a 225ug dose. I was always a hard head with LSD, preferring about 300ug. Wish me luck!

got an email today saying its getting low and restocks will take 3 months or so , so grab it while you can plus ive seen a lot of reduce/sales on rc of late usually a sign of a ban coming

Finally got around to trying AL-LAD the other day. I was pretty impressed! Took 300mcg about an hour and a half after a moderate size meal. Felt alerts within 45 min or so, but didn't get really going til between 1.5-2hrs in. Felt little in the way of side effects, maybe some slight stomach discomfort, but I also smokedmore cigarettes than usual, which could have played a factor. Visually similar to but distinctive from LSD. Plants & trees danced A LOT, but relatively little in the way of the swirly twisting stuff I get on LSD.

It did seem to lack the slightly sinister, mischievous feel of LSD, which could be positive or negative IMO.

CEV's while listening to music were amazing. Introspective as well. Not so positive realizations were easily handled without nosediving into a full on shame spiral.

I did feel incredibly clear headed throughout the experience, but I didn't have to interact with any other humansfor the duration of the experience, so it remains to be seen how clear headed I actually was,ha.

Will definitely explore further, could go both higher & lower with regards to dose. Also looking forward to trying LSZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.