View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
during my trip i did have to interact with a sober sitter and i proved to be quite talkative and articulate, but did have some trouble if i felt like explaining feelings/ thoughts. but communication was easier than wih lsd...

I attempted to read something out loud just before the peak and I was definitely not coherent. Was mixing my words like crazy. It was like temporary dyslexia.

My speech was also quite slurred.

Tested this last night. Approx 225ug (1.5 blotters) orally. All I can say is wow! Beautiful material. First alerts felt within 20 minutes. Slow build to peak at about 2.5-3 hours in. Short plateau for about 3 hours. Then a slow ride back down. I was at +3 for a majority of the trip. Sleep did not come before life was forced to resume as normal. No hangover. Beautiful afterglow. Felt clean the whole time. Definitely will repeat. I will probably do 300ug next time, not that 225ug was lacking. I just like my lysergic trips deep. And al-lad is definitely just as deep as Lucy, just not nearly as long lived.

I ingested 600 ug of AL-LAD last night and it was just beautiful. Really, really impressive, and seems to scale up nicely with essentially no body load, no anxiety, incredible OEV's, lush color immersion, and some very welcome head fuck, but no shame fest or negative introspection. I will write a proper TR later. By the way, I am attempting to store some decent quantity (LSZ and AL-LAD) and will report about stability. Will be employing same protocol as longer term L storage; Amber glass vials, purged with Argon, and sealed air-tight. Said amber glass will be stored within another, larger, amber glass jar, also purged with argon, and container O2 absorbers, activated upon sealing, and also containing dessicant package over-kill. Container(s) will be stored at stable, cool temp, (app 40 degrees F), again, controlling for moisture, temp, O2 and light exposure. Any opening with result in replicating of argon flush, re-entry of activated O2 absorbers, and new, dry dessicant packs. I tend to not freeze due to having good luck storing L and other compounds with this method with no perceived loss of potency out to several years. It's an experiment, but will keep posted over time. I am a huge believer in this method, and I truly feel that using inert gas, specifically argon, is critical because it removes likelihood of oxidation that comes with O2 exposure. It's cheap, a several year supply ( one or two cans) is cheap, and again, is my hero. These simple tools, I am convinced, have helped me store compounds for long periods of time. I also use it for long term storage of MJ that is special, unique, that I may want to keep for a year or more. Once more, same methods/tools. Works like a charm. I say if you control for light, heat, moisture, and O2 exposure, you are doing the best you can. Just my 2 pennies worth.

So it sounds like AL-LAD is about the same potency as LSD per hit, at least the hits I used to get which was many years ago. Might be higher doses now, I don't know. With the LSD of old, you had to take at least 2 and more like 4 or 5 for a full-on trip. Sounds the same for AL-LAD. Now if you could get 1000 hits for about $1000 it might be good value.

Sorry to hear you used to get horrible doses Jason. I used to get shit that one hit would have you questioning reality and your sanity until the sun was way up. We would eat 5 hits anyway, and embrace the beautiful ego death to come. I think that's what's happening here. Like LSD, al-lad is a useful tool at many different dose levels. It seemed to me to be only a hair less potent than LSD. Let's all remember, YMMV! Tread carefully.

sound much like 1970 to 76... In SF CA one dose was split into 4 ... or you took the hole thing... wonderful times indeed

Last edited:
I found a paper called Complete FBI Blotter Microgram Analysis Manual that had a long list of various LSD blotters from 1977-86, with images of them and the amount of LSD in them. Virtually all of them had an average of about 40-50 mcg. Some were lower others higher. The highest ones were close to or a little over100 mcg. In 1986 several were 56 mcg, oddly enough, being different blotters. It seems that for the most part you were lucky to get more than 50 mcg or so. A few were actually over 100, one dragon brand was 137. Mr. Natural from the years 1982-83, which I actually remember using, only had 24-27. I guess a lot of those blotters could have started out with higher amounts and then degraded. I don't know if the degradation products would show up as LSD in analyses or not.

Last edited:
I found a paper called Complete FBI Blotter Microgram Analysis Manual that had a long list of various LSD blotters from 1977-86, with images of them and the amount of LSD in them. Virtually all of them had an average of about 40-50 mcg. Some were lower others higher. The highest ones were close to or a little over100 mcg. In 1986 several were 56 mcg, oddly enough, being different blotters. It seems that for the most part you were lucky to get more than 50 mcg or so. A few were actually over 100, one dragon brand was 137. Mr. Natural from the years 1982-83, which I actually remember using, only had 24-27. I guess a lot of those blotters could have started out with higher amounts and then degraded. I don't know if the degradation products would show up as LSD in analyses or not.

That's pretty interesting stuff.

I dunno, 300 was definitely a solid experience. Definitely a strong +++. However it did feel friendly enough on the body to take it higher.

A note on stability: mine was stored in a Ziploc bag in a closed box at room temp (74-78F) for several weeks & seemed quite potent. Impossible to tell if it had degraded much if any with 100% certainty, but based on others TR's & my own experience, I don't think it's just terribly fragile.

This really needs to be dosed high to get the full experience. I mean 500ug plus

Rubbish, everybody is different. Work out the dose that satisfies you & enjoy it... but please do try not to give out stupid advise on a Harm Reduction site! Thank you.

A note on stability: mine was stored in a Ziploc bag in a closed box at room temp (74-78F) for several weeks & seemed quite potent. Impossible to tell if it had degraded much if any with 100% certainty, but based on others TR's & my own experience, I don't think it's just terribly fragile.

Ah good thanks, I've been storing mine in a sealed bag in the fridge since Shulgin says it's best preserved between 2 to 8°C but would kinda like to move it to my room so might follow your lead.
Also, was wondering how long the come-up is for most people? I took it for the first time a couple days ago and it took a good 3 and a half hours, which seemed slightly ridiculous...(after keeping it SL for about 10mn and then swallowing it). Was this a weird reaction or is it always like that?

It's possible that individual blotters have varying amounts of the compound in them, depending on how they were made. The only way to get the same amount on each blotter hit would be to use a dropper and put one drop in the middle of each blotter in the sheet. Even that might not be perfect, depending on how much of a drop of liquid can be held in one blotter hit. You might actually need rather large hits to hold a whole drop without it migrating out toward the edges as it dries. I don't know who thought up using blotting paper but it doesn't seem like all that great a way to make LSD doses unless they are about a half inch square or something.

Regarding dosage of AL-LAD, probably wise not to take more than 2 as the first trial just to be on the safe side. Then if that seems weak you could go up from there next time.

On the subject of storage, I found this page which shows that you really need temps over 37 C and alkaline conditions to get fairly rapid epimerization to iso-LSD. It also shows that it's possible to convert iso-LSD back to LSD. I think the instability of LSD may have been overplayed. It says that an equilibrium is reached at a 9:1 ratio of LSD to iso-LSD. It's actually hard to get it to go any further than that apparently. Since the available LSD analogues are the tartrates, there wouldn't be alkaline conditions involved anyway. I've also never even heard of anybody who had LSD for a long time and said it went inactive on them.

Last edited:
I was wondering how long I could keep 3 al-lad tabs in foil wrapper in a dark place for? Would a couple of months be okay? :)

It's possible that individual blotters have varying amounts of the compound in them, depending on how they were made. The only way to get the same amount on each blotter hit would be to use a dropper and put one drop in the middle of each blotter in the sheet. Even that might not be perfect, depending on how much of a drop of liquid can be held in one blotter hit. You might actually need rather large hits to hold a whole drop without it migrating out toward the edges as it dries. I don't know who thought up using blotting paper but it doesn't seem like all that great a way to make LSD doses unless they are about a half inch square or something.

I was under the impression that the blotters that are currently around have been laid precisely using multichannel micropipettes like they seemed to be doing for 25i (25i usually left a visible stain on the paper). Multichannel micropipettes are incredibly precise. But I could be completely wrong and maybe it is not precisely dosed. Has anybody tried to observe the blotters in UV light? I know UV is not good for stability, but doing it quickly should allow to see whether the blotters were dipped (uniform stain all over the surface) or precisely dosed (nice circular stain in the center).

Rubbish, everybody is different. Work out the dose that satisfies you & enjoy it... but please do try not to give out stupid advise on a Harm Reduction site! Thank you.

My genuine apologies, I was fucked last night and not exactly clear headed. I should have of course mentioned all the usual caveats, YMMV with dose, set and setting. Please start low and see how it goes.

And this isn't just a shallow backtrack, I'm a huge believer important HR, and all of these statements are.sincere.

Tread carefully people, and thank you St.Ingwe for pointing out my stimulant induced stupidity <3

EDIT: I know it isn't "St", just thought touch deserved it due to your HR due diligence

I was under the impression that the blotters that are currently around have been laid precisely using multichannel micropipettes like they seemed to be doing for 25i (25i usually left a visible stain on the paper). Multichannel micropipettes are incredibly precise. But I could be completely wrong and maybe it is not precisely dosed. Has anybody tried to observe the blotters in UV light? I know UV is not good for stability, but doing it quickly should allow to see whether the blotters were dipped (uniform stain all over the surface) or precisely dosed (nice circular stain in the center).

Great, that would certainly be an efficient and accurate way to do it. As long as it's not just wetting the whole sheet and hanging it up to dry, as I have read sometimes. I figured they probably wouldn't use such a crude method but I didn't know about the multiple pipettes thing. I guess you could make a thing yourself with 100 or 1000 pipettes all connected to the same dispenser, each making a single drop on each blotter.

The thing with the UV light might not be a bad idea. You could get a small reptile aquarium lamp if nothing else. It's not going to hurt the AL-LAD in a few seconds.

Here are a couple interesting quotes I found in this forum page.

bluedolphin 09-12-2011, 04:48
I've heard from people who've had blotters stored between pages of a book or otherwise room temperature with minimal exposure to moisture for decades and they claimed it was just as good as new. But I've also personally had blotter sit out in a CD case on the dash of my car over the course of a few hot days and I'm pretty sure that sheet was like half as strong as it should have been afterwards.

huolesoh 11-12-2011, 20:14
apparently, there was some sandoz acid from way back when that was being shared at hofmann's 100th birthday, and no one noticed any loss of potency. it was stored in a brown vial at "room temperature" for at least 50 years, you can probably find out more using google.

Looks like as long as you avoid light as much as possible LSD tartrate is pretty stable really. All the things I read where it decomposes down to 3% in a day sitting on a window were in solution. As dry tartrate crystals, like on blotters, it's probably pretty stable. Doesn't look like air does much, since air would certainly get between pages of a book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.