Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy fuck.

After my first 5-meo breakthrough that was all i could say for about 5-10 minutes after returning to my body. Just over and over, what an experience eh? Great report man, glad you've found a new friend in the 5-meo :)

Ingested about 10mg of 99+/100 pure freebase via glass shooter. Took about three consecutive puffs, fully concentrating on holding in the smoke. The taste was not as bad as expected from research. Had a distinct white grape taste... Thick smoke but easier to hold in than a solid hit of weed from a waterpipe. There was a characteristic amplified whistle of suction when the vapor was inhaled.

After 3 milky puffs, looked out the window and saw thick, bilious, brilliant clouds of white smoke entering the room and was overcome by an amazing white light.

Natural tendency was for the subject to stretch out their arms, physically embracing the sensation. The subject did not try to fight the feeling, citing prior experiences. Whatever was experienced was pretty indescribable. It was an overpowering sensation with overtones of "interconnectedness" with other minds or an oblique otherworldly hierarchy. The subject would classify it as "hyperreality", i.e. everything seen (the smoke, the light) was already there, but wasn't focused on or as magnified without the introduction of freebase.

Eventually subject decided to lie down around 2:00 and felt almost the opposite of the momentary ego loss felt before. The subject felt totally concentrated on the nothingness of the physical shell, and could only feel the beating heart.

For the next period, subject was more or less back to reality, but was still noticing every tiny detail of the phenomenal world.

Within 30+ minutes felt more or less normal, but still a bit "out of it". This went away within the next 30 minutes.

Overall, the subject has experienced the aforementioned feelings through other means, i.e. meditation and contemplation. The experience had a "dreamy feeling", which was no surprise. The whole experience more or less suggested an underlying, incredibly powerful chaos undergirding the phenomenal world. That being said, this was more about experiencing how incredibly raw that force is.

Is 5-Meo-DMT a naturally occurring compound? I think I've heard of it naturally occurring in some plants and seeds, but I've also heard of it being sold by RC vendors...

Yea it's naturally occuring, but usually along side other similar alkaloids so extraction of pure 5meo from plant sources isn't very easy. 5meo that you'll see being sold is most always synthetic i believe.

Though I could be wrong.

If one would have a good 0,005 g scale but also access to a 0,001 g only not a personal one... then maybe would it be wise to dissolve 5-MeO-DMT in a solution together with another inactive material in 1:10 proportion to make it homogeneous and more easily doseable, if so: what?

How do you guys weigh your 5-MeO-DMT doses?

Quality MG scale. If one does not have this, the dose can be quite easily eyeballed provided that one uses a high degree of discretion, starts with a fraction of the below dose, and adjusts until satisfied.

Remember, size varies and purity varies. Exercise caution and common sense.

The best / easiest way is to take a crystal a bit less than the size of a match head or what can fit in-between these two parentheses"( )". This amount is about 10mg give or take. Then sandwich it in with an herbal carrier, e.g. mint leaves, a one-hitter straight-style works very well. Use until satisfied. 3 times is usually sufficient. The most effective way although YMMV.

It's really hard to get 100% of a dose, one is always going to lose some of it. People would be wise to remember this when weighing out a dose.

^ As pointed out by someone wiser than I elsewhere, not everybody's screen resolution is the same so using ( ) and the like as a guideline really isn't such hot advice. With something as potent as 5-MeO-DMT 0.001mg scales are pretty much essential. One of our EADD regulars OD'd and nearly died on the stuff - pretty serious shit. That was at 30mg snorted (recklessly whilst drunk, I believe). Telling the difference between 10 and 30mg purely by eye isn't so easy so scales all the way, I'd say :)

Quality MG scale. If one does not have this, the dose can be quite easily eyeballed provided that one uses a high degree of discretion, starts with a fraction of the below dose, and adjusts until satisfied.

Remember, size varies and purity varies. Exercise caution and common sense.

The best / easiest way is to take a crystal a bit less than the size of a match head or what can fit in-between these two parentheses"( )". This amount is about 10mg give or take. Then sandwich it in with an herbal carrier, e.g. mint leaves, a one-hitter straight-style works very well. Use until satisfied. 3 times is usually sufficient. The most effective way although YMMV.

It's really hard to get 100% of a dose, one is always going to lose some of it. People would be wise to remember this when weighing out a dose.

I purchased the MyWeigh GemPro-250 today from saveonscales.com, but it said my credit card was declined, didn't give me a confirmation number, and MasterCard said it went through! I e-maied them, hopefully it's on its way. Anyways I've had enough posts re-routed to the dandy scale thread so back on topic...

Is it not best to use a freebase pipe or a "meth" pipe, whatever you call it? People seem to be torn between using a meth pipe or sandwiching it in with a herbal carrier when it comes to DMT. I assumed the debate was cuz the dose is a lot higher with DMT, and you can get a lot more in one hit with a herbal carrier, but 5-MeO-DMT is so much more potent it seems like a meth pipe would be best as it shouldn't be hard to get a full dose.

Try both and do what works for you. They are both viable options, some find it's easier to get sufficient hits and avoid wasting with the sandwich method and vice-versa.

Agreed that if one is to insufflate this stuff, a scale is an absolute necessity. Seems a waste but opinions differ.

The last experience user had was utilizing the above method (sandwich). Very peaceful and a smooth come-up compared to past experiences. A total feeling of content with the universe yet awed by the random chaos that makes up the collective experience of life. This chemical is just giving a peek at the powerful force bestowing "existence" as we know it. Again and again themes of an ultimate singularity and the amazing things one's brain can do when unfettered by common perceptions, and what humanity could become if it is ultimately freed from the limitations imposed by the physical shell.

This night experience was different than past day experiences. In the darkness, CEVs constituted by a great deal of wild neon geometric assemblies was experienced. This day-night difference is something very interesting...

There is something here deeper / more direct than other, more widespread tryptamines. No delusions, no boggled thinking, only hyper-reality; so pure, "life force" in a bottle. Less of a narrative quality, it often feels as if it dumps you at the steps of a door, behind which lies "the ultimate". As beings in the phenomenal world, we can only grasp so much. Perhaps death is the ultimate path to seeing things as they truly are. Ultimately we will be reposited in that which is too great to comprehend from this vantage point. And another thing to ponder... Is N,N-DMT an expression of what lies on the other side, an alternate reality, etc?

Two things recommended: Some peaceful, familiar music, and a nice stick of incense or other fragrance.

I've found the trusty light bulb to be an effective smoking device for this substance.

A friend recently gave me a sample of some of this substance - 10mg of 5-MeO-DMT freebase. Having never tried DMT nor its 5-methoxy counterpart, I am excited to give it a try fairly soon. I was thinking about smoking it either tonight (Christmas Eve) or on New Year's Eve (10 seconds to midnight might just be epic). I have a few questions though.

I'm somewhat experienced with more traditional psychedelics including some high-dose/earth shattering trips on 2c-e. After doing reading, I think I've settled on smoking all 10mg. I'd prefer not having an underwhelming experience because I don't expect to find this compound again soon if ever. Any insight on my dosage would be appreciated.

My other question is about the method of smoking. I'm capable of cleaning and preparing a lightbulb to vaporize it if I need to, but I had in mind something that sounds possibly easier/as effective:
I place a fine screen into a glass bowl used ordinarily for cannabis. I tap a fine layer of cigarette ashes on top of this, and then place the 5-MeO-DMT on top of the ashes. Over this, I place another screen that has been bent to a convex shape (forming a dome over the other screen and smoking material). Then I will hold a lighter flame high above it while inhaling, lowering it slowly until I start seeing the vapor travel through the pipe.
Do you think this will be sufficient to get most of the 5-MeO-DMT into my lungs?

Input would be appreciated :)

OH, I missed one of the more important things I wanted to ask, which was about setting. I have the option of smoking it indoors or outdoors. I also have the option of having music playing or no music. I think I might prefer smoking indoors due to climate control, but I read a few posts that suggested an outdoor experience might be more worthwhile. As far as music, I was under the impression that music might be overwhelming (as it is often considered to be on n,n-DMT), but again I read a post or two that suggested it. How might these things play into it? Will I be able to hear the music? Will it sound better or worse?

I would recommend layering it between cannabis / mint / another herb in a straight shooter / one hitter (best if thin, clear glass), then just lightly lighting the end. This way is probably better for the first time, and very effective when done right. The other reason that I would recommend this method is that onset is delayed a bit, you aren't getting the pure vapor hits; you can adjust to your liking a bit more using the aforementioned layering approach. Just my .02

I have listened to music before, e.g. Brian Eno, Biosphere, and other light ambient. If you feel that music will augment your experience, by all means go for it...

Whether indoors or outdoors, make sure you have somewhere to lay down.

Have you thought about an experience at sunrise or sunset? Recommended. Be safe, and take heed that just like anything else, set and setting make a huge difference. Those without knowledge of self usually get humbled, IME...

Admittedly, I've never used a scale to measure 5meoDMT. We just started with an absurdly tiny amount, vaporized, double that amount, vaporize, double that amount, vaporize- until threshold effects were felt. Of course I have no idea how much it takes me to get to a certain level of tripping now, but everything went fine.

I'm not suggesting this at all, just felt like sharing that.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about listening to some Eno already, sounds like a definite plan now =D
I have a very small metal bat/one-hitter (from my dugout) I could use, but I was concerned that I might suck some of the compound through, because I have that issue even with ground cannabis. Would the method I mentioned before not work?

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about listening to some Eno already, sounds like a definite plan now =D
I have a very small metal bat/one-hitter (from my dugout) I could use, but I was concerned that I might suck some of the compound through, because I have that issue even with ground cannabis. Would the method I mentioned before not work?

It certainly will work, on pretty much the same principle. You might find that it works better with some type of herb rather than ash, both under and over your material.

I recommend "Music for Airports" & "Another Green World" personally %)

Am I more likely to enjoy this in comparison to salvia. They both sound as though they have their similarities, not entirely 'fun', massive intensity and short duration. I love salvia as much as the next guy but the intensity of the experience in general leaves me terrified usually and im rather weary of the substance. Is 5-MeO much lighter in comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.