View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a few low dose trips with this and nitrous oxide. It was great when i came out of the nitrous depths and found myself immobile (somebody described it as "sat on by an elephant") and my body vibrating hard, ringing.

Yes and I have done so quite a few times. Both together is greater than the sum of the parts as they say.
I actually enjoy it so much that I made a rather nice blend consisting of around that ratio of the two infused onto some Mullein.

I feel like it sorta helps you to be less overwhelmed by the utter zen of the 5meo experience while still reaching the same sort of place along with the additional alternate reality weirdness of the DMT experience mixed together into a nice something or other. meh, words are hard to use in decribing it I feel
mmm...sounds tasty.

Thank you kindly sir :D

after being intersted in dmt and 5-meo-dmt for ca. 10 years and sucking up all information about it i could, i finally got the balls to use 5-meo, and i must say:
o_0
it was worth waiting so long before doing it and thinking so much about it beforehand.
out of it i got a truly satisfying, earth-shaking, positively re-adjusting experience.
5-meo-dmt made me love myself again.

and:
i do absolutely NOT condone use of this substance without proper mental preparation and without having read the available informations about it thoroughly.

I'm considering getting this glass pipe, so I can smoke 5-meo-dmt.

But can I just place the amount of 5-meo-dmt through the hole and then vaporize it? I can see that many people talking about using chore boy in the pipe. But do one have to do that?

No you don't use choreboy in oilpipes. Thats only for crack pipes. Everyone in this thread is correct though without respect for a drug like 5 meo it will utterly rip your existence to mere threads in a few seconds. 5 meo dmt is like a pack of pirhana waIting for someone to foolishly step into the water without thinking first.

Would a crack pipe be better for smoking 5-meo-dmt? I can see that everyone is keen on "Then Machine". I'm just asking because I want the best possible way of vaporizing it.

I know that 5-meo-dmt is not something to be taken lightly. Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited:
^^ I've only smoked 5-MeO-DMT with an oil pipe which worked perfectly. Probably better than a crack pipe. The doses are so small with 5-MeO-DMT compared to DMT that "The Machine" is not necessary.

Ok. Sounds good. I'm gonna go for the oil pipe then.

Thanks guys!

It sounds like you're buying a pipe just for 5-MeO. If you're set on buying a special pipe, go ahead, but if not there's no need to waste the money. I've always just tapped the tip of a normal lighter flame directly to the 5-MeO in a normal pipe and I've never had reason to suspect much is being destroyed. If you're still worried just use tinfoil.

Can anyone comment on the possibility of 5-MeO-DMT experiences haunting you in the form of anxiety and panic attacks and trouble sleeping, all chronic?

Responding way too late and with a sorta different (well totally different) drug...salvia defintely left me with increased anxiety and propensity towards panic (which was already very high...) After my first rather traumatic breakthrough, I was weirded out for weeks; everything reminded me of the salvia trip.

The problem resolved with time, but also by smoking more salvia and getting myself more acquainted with the head-space. I kinda taught my brain that salvia is essentially harmless by taking it slowly...

That said, I've never found 5-MeO-DMT to be as overtly frightening as salvia....

It sounds like you're buying a pipe just for 5-MeO. If you're set on buying a special pipe, go ahead, but if not there's no need to waste the money. I've always just tapped the tip of a normal lighter flame directly to the 5-MeO in a normal pipe and I've never had reason to suspect much is being destroyed. If you're still worried just use tinfoil.

While it may not appear thus, doing that is very wasteful. You are burning the material, and while you may vaporize some, you can't move the liquified material around like you can in an oiler. The best and only really effective way is in an oiler, straight-shooter with some carrier, or "The Machine". Otherwise you are wasting. You want to turn it into a liquid first, then spread it and make it bubble.

Well, while tapping with a direct flame may not be the best in terms of efficiency, I assure you it is effective. Perhaps N,N DMT is more sensitive to heat than 5-MeO. I've tripped off as little as 3 mg this way, so it's hard to imagine much is being destroyed. Also, why can't nuanced heating of tinfoil as I suggested work about as well as an expensive pipe? Mr. Toad could buy a lot more 5-MeO for the cost of one of those, not that he's likely ever to finish off even a half gram on his own.

The pipe Mr. Toad is referring to is not expensive at all and it's working like a charm.

Last edited:
I've been having a few rounds with 5-MeO-DMT lately.
Very difficult to describe, recognize and integrate. I never know what is happening. I think this is a type of ego death, but it doesn't seem traditional by any means from what I know.
5-MeO-DMT does well as my tryptamine friend, though I am told that I'd prefer n,n-DMT over 5-MeO any day. So I look forward to that day!

Some people prefer oil pipes, some prefer just smoking out of a bong or pipe with some weed. I smoked 20 mg on top of weed through a bong last night and it was absolute insanity! The good part about smoking it through a bong is you can smoke all of it within a couple of seconds, whereas with an oil pipe you don't waste any, but it takes longer to smoke.

Both have advantages.

Quick question - is 5-MeO-DMT found naturally in the brain? I couldn't really find a clear answer to this anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.