View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say in general, more people might like 5-MeO-DMT more than salvia, but it is very intense in a completely different way than salvia, and just like salvia it is definitely not for everyone, unlike MDMA which seems to be for practically anyone hehe

Way too different to compare and be able to tell if you'd like one based on your experience of the other. The only similarities are they're both intense and often lead to psychedelic thought, both have a short duration and both are found to be unpleasant by a lot of people (al though people find them to be pleasant as well). You just gotta try it for yourself.

5-meo-dmt is hit and miss with a lot of people too but it is distinctly different from salvia
very characteristic of a tryptamine. beautiful buzzing rushes and rather profound ego dissolution at breakthrough levels..

i am one of the few that also experiences visual distortions with this one

Ill try ordering 250mg when I have the cash and will report back, just hope the source I found is reliable as I havn't ordered from them before. Merry christmas :)

I reckon 5meoDMT is best smoked with a carrier - the rush of vaping it all at once makes me want to puke - in a roll up the same amount is just lovely & smooth

Is there someone that labtest ' 5-MEO-DMT ' and it was 5-MEO-DMT en did the EZ Test with it ? So , Is anyone knows what the EZ Test Check color is with Marquis , Mandelin , Rhobadope... ?
Or someone have great experience with 5-MEO-DMT and have the feeling he had 5-MEO-DMT and did the EZ test with it... ? So place here the color please. I think there must be more attention to the EZ Test color change [ Marquis , Mandalin , Rhobadope... ] Somekind of reference would be great i think. I know there is a kind of bigger list on erowid http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml but it's far from complete ! That's bad i think. One of the sadest things on forums like this is there are not much attention to testing like EZ Tests. When you have a official ez test color of a substance that will make a less misunderstadings and even DEATHS ! It would be a great thing i think when start a topic of a substance like 2 cbcb then you give some general info and also say's 2 cbcb have the pink color with marquis. It's a EXAMPLE a give now , i don't know the color changing about that but's it's an example. So given the ez test color change in the info message of a substance in a thread would be a great thing and save lives ! It must payd more attention to that i think... I would be a great thing when there is a big official ez testing list of the most research chemicals and kinds like that...
Now the most researchers swallow or inject or snort or smoked or put the stuff in there research ass and kinds like that , but it's a kind of Russian Roulette ingestion , injection , snorting , smoking and ass putting and kinds like that... More Research about the EZ Test color changing would be a great thing.
Everyone knows the Haupt story , or must know that , so mislabeling is a fact. It can happen to you , to you're friend , to you're girlfriend , to you're grandmother and even your plants and T-rex. Keep that in mind.

And about 5-MEO-DMT is it Orally actief at 20 MG without MAO's and kinds like that ?
Can you smoke 5-MEO-DMT on HCL version ? I think not...
I read that it must be atleast 98% pure for good research.

Last edited:
5-MeO-DMT is only orally active at dosages >30mg. You can smoke the HCL but it requires more product for an equivalent high.

edit: Not sure about your other question although I would like to know the answer as well.

BLUESPACELIGHTER: In response to your three questions...

-5-MeO-DMT will turn yellow to black with the Marquis reagent, and purple to blue with Ehrlich's reagent.

SOURCE:
NSFW:
http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v3/mj05_v3_pg8.html

-Not orally active but active sublingually around that level

-Yes, the HCl can be smoked, it really isn't wasteful and is quite effective.

Can anyone comment on the possibility of 5-MeO-DMT experiences haunting you in the form of anxiety and panic attacks and trouble sleeping, all chronic?

I think thats posibble with all intense psychological experiences. If you had a traumatic experience from the 5-meo-dmt it can haunt you for a very long time. One can suffer some sort of PTSD after a traumatic or very unpleasent psychedelic experience IME.

But I cant say this is particular for 5-meo-dmt. Thats just psychedelics in general. Though (fast acting) tryptamines can be far more frightening than phenethylamines for me. But I guess thats individual.

I think thats posibble with all intense psychological experiences. If you had a traumatic experience from the 5-meo-dmt it can haunt you for a very long time. One can suffer some sort of PTSD after a traumatic or very unpleasent psychedelic experience IME.

But I cant say this is particular for 5-meo-dmt. Thats just psychedelics in general. Though (fast acting) tryptamines can be far more frightening than phenethylamines for me. But I guess thats individual.

Well-said. The "SLAP" that such a quick-acting material delivers can be overpowering to some, but there are ways to deal with this.

Ultimately, if you don't respect it, why should you expect it to respect you? Majority of bad experiences with psychedelics in general seem to happen because of some sort of gross negligence in planning or execution. Personally, I also believe that there are those "hang up the phone" moments. In those moments, your body and mind are trying to tell you something. Please listen.

Psychedelics are not toys so do not treat them as such. They are tools and keys with a high potential for misuse - especially something as powerful as this material. Minimize risk as much as possible but do not be ignorant to their existence.

In the I Ching, it is often recommended to mull over a decision three days before one plans to take action, and to reflect on the experience for three days after the fact. This is applicable in every facet of life.

Without time to reflect, without time for one to have a "hang up the phone" moment or integrate what has unfolded positively into the day-to-day, use of any material becomes abuse.

I dont know the difference between Dipt and DPT, but the shit I just did had hella "open eyed" visuals! Brian Eno's music helped to cure a bad experience I had the other night where everything was mean and sharp,and a little scary.tonight was wonderful! I was an eunuch! My penis was gone,and my skin was ham and cheesy,kinda like I was created envitro( spelling?). Everything was flat;the doors had no seems.and everything was one along with me.Dosage and where your head is at is very critical to what kinda trip your going to have.

I dont know the difference between Dipt and DPT, but the shit I just did had hella "open eyed" visuals! Brian Eno's music helped to cure a bad experience I had the other night where everything was mean and sharp,and a little scary.tonight was wonderful! I was an eunuch! My penis was gone,and my skin was ham and cheesy,kinda like I was created envitro( spelling?). Everything was flat;the doors had no seems.and everything was one along with me.Dosage and where your head is at is very critical to what kinda trip your going to have.

What does DiPT / DPT have to do with anything? You may have the wrong thread my friend, otherwise please elucidate as your post is a bit unclear...

I definitely get the whole respect thing, N,N-DMT pretty much demands it and basically every psychedelic deserves it although many don't treat lighter 2C-X as such because you can get away with a lot.
My point was that I read reports on Erowid and it struck me as if the chance was considerable that 5-MeO crosses the line from lesson to trauma pretty easily so of course before I would want to try it I would need to figure out for myself if it's 'too easy', if even with proper preparation this compound is just so inhumanly powerful that it can put you in a sort of state from which recovery can present a big problem i.e. trauma.
Salvia is just not for me, but 5-MeO might be. Not to say that I think they are similar but it's the differences that make me think 5-MeO could be very worthwhile.

I definitely get the whole respect thing, N,N-DMT pretty much demands it and basically every psychedelic deserves it although many don't treat lighter 2C-X as such because you can get away with a lot.
My point was that I read reports on Erowid and it struck me as if the chance was considerable that 5-MeO crosses the line from lesson to trauma pretty easily so of course before I would want to try it I would need to figure out for myself if it's 'too easy', if even with proper preparation this compound is just so inhumanly powerful that it can put you in a sort of state from which recovery can present a big problem i.e. trauma.
Salvia is just not for me, but 5-MeO might be. Not to say that I think they are similar but it's the differences that make me think 5-MeO could be very worthwhile.

I think the almost immediate ego loss accompanying a "breakthrough" dose can be scary to a lot of people, especially here in the Western world. That feeling - even to someone that has used psychedelics before - can be perceived as a hell or a purgatory if one is unprepared or views ego loss as undesirable. On the other hand, if one is experienced in meditation or is an adherent to Eastern religion / philosophy, the whole experience would be perceived as blissful, etc.

Every time I have used this material, I have experienced an "undergirding chaos". The feeling can be compared to a collective conscious, but it feels more like raw energy - What a Taoist call Tao, what the Chinese would call Qi, what a Hindu would call prana, what a Westerner might call "life force". It is more powerful than our perception allows. "Awe-inspiring" is the term I would use to describe it. Trying to resist it would certainly make for a humbling...

This can be felt every day with no drugs, and everyone experiences it simply by living. 5-MeO-DMT seems to make the user hyper-aware of this force (and possibly more in tune with it?).

Another thing that might give some people a difficult experience is the hyper-awareness to everything, including heart beat / breathing, etc. While one might think they're struggling to breathe or have extreme tachycardia, majority of the time their heart is beating normally and they are breathing fine. They're just feeling these basic sensations so much more than usual, like if they were a newborn infant. A companion is recommended to alleviate such fears, dispel doubts, etc.

Thats also a part of panic attacks, a type of hyperawareness but one thats off: you think you don't get any air but in reality everything is fine. Then you hyperventilate...

I understand what you say about ego loss, I have had among all my trips two ++++ experiences now of which the first was complete unity and experience of the inner godhead in the void. The second one was a rebirth experience, reviewing my whole life by being scanned by a being made of golden light, then demise, then birth. There have also been near NDE states and very strong +++'s but it's not the same is it.

Even though I have experience with this and am not scared (but in huge awe) to experience this again the rate of trauma with 5-MeO seems so high to me. I take your answers from me asking again and again as saying that there is no real difference. Thanks for your opinion! Your input is nicely elaborated. :) Others joining in is welcomed though.

an off topic rant follows

NSFW:

You'll have to understand, me and friends have had overly intense derealization experiences that have occasionally been harmful to us.
DPT is a substance I might consider overly intense although I haven't pushed so far with it that it gave me either a full +++ or did me harm but the body effects are so jarring.... I just mean: there are limits.

Then again I seem to have a high aptitude for integrating extreme experiences, some rather psychotic in nature. After some number of them you are still wary of them and control yourself but sometimes there are compounds that are a little sick especially when a little overdone, still I return to a reality that is for me quite sane but may appear kind of eerily 'flexible' to some.

Haha many people around me reflect that I approach a boundary between a kind of unusual intelligence or unexpected originality and mild insanity but I feel at home there. Don't want to pat myself on the shoulder but I wanted to emphasize the strangeness people including like my brother express.
The quote "too weird to live too rare to die" comes to mind. Wanna stress here that it should hardly be considered any accomplishment to be this type of person, even though the quality of it can be appreciated by people the more they are into it. Who is to say what is inherently good? I've always had it in me to want to escape boundaries and be free. Free free free. It's a troubling path in ways though. Sometimes you take steps back and feel horrible and sometimes you make progress and feel heavenly. Is that connected to the theory of positive desintegration or bipolar disorder?

Sorry, I'm kinda drunk =D

Last edited:
I've felt derealized for about three months after a very intense experience. Granted, I was in a bad spot emotionally and this burst the dam for long-repressed feelings and I channeled them into an entirely wrong direction. The trip just precipitated things, I had had it coming for a long time.

Anyone ever consider combining 5-10mgs of 5meodmt with a breakthrough dose of dmt?

Yes and I have done so quite a few times. Both together is greater than the sum of the parts as they say.
I actually enjoy it so much that I made a rather nice blend consisting of around that ratio of the two infused onto some Mullein.

I feel like it sorta helps you to be less overwhelmed by the utter zen of the 5meo experience while still reaching the same sort of place along with the additional alternate reality weirdness of the DMT experience mixed together into a nice something or other. meh, words are hard to use in decribing it I feel

Honestly considering a decent dose of 2C-P and then 5-Meo-DMT when the P is peaking. Maybe that's crazy talk, but I've been thinking it over quite a bit and I believe it would be fantastic.

I've never tried 2c-p, But I have smoked 5meo while on a nice (think it was 35mg) dose of 2c-t-7. That was quite an experience. In fact I believe it was my first experience with 5-meo-dmt...not sure why I decided to try it for the first time while on something else but whatever. Point is, I enjoyed the experience quite a lot and was overtaken by the sensation of every single cell in my body vibrating and taking over my thought processes to the point that all of my awareness had become this vibration. YMMV of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.