View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched a good friend have a horrible trip on my 5-meo. was terrifying to watch. i went first with 21mg in a lightbulb, but didnt vap it correctly and had another very uncomfortable body buzz experience. we switched to a large bong for my friend, and i gave him 18mg. his last experience was with 10mg and was positive, more so than any of my experiences.

he chose his environment, alone in a dark room with headphones and sleep mask. from outside i heard him take a bong rip, and then 20 seconds later "help me, help me, help, help, make it stop" i went in and ripped the phones/mask off his face, not that it mattered at all. thus it went for the next 20 minutes or so, with him writhing around in terror/pain. it was my first time experience with someone having a bad trip.

i learned alot from this experience:

- the set and setting was not ideal.
- the jump in dosage was too great.
- a bong works really well.
- these dosages are too high, we've just been smoking improperly

you must give it a salt to not be the freebase, ala Cl from HCl, i believe. That's not the same thing as just making it more acidic.

Actually the salt is the combination of 5-meo-dmt and the acid you use. So in effect, it is pretty much the same thing.

5-MEO-DMT Experiments

I have easy access to many RCs, so I've been partaking in some research. I should note because of this, I seem to have quite a tolerance to psychedelics at the moment.

In the last day I've tried 5-MEO-DMT various ways. I've had some trips before but only by smoking, which is usually way too intense.

I believe I have the freebase, by the way, as I could not dissolve the 5-MEO-DMT in water even with a bit of heat.

Last night:
~7mg DMT (smoked) - Woah. Quite high for a few minutes.
~14 DMT (smoked) - Woah, Way too high. Though I've done 30mg before smoked with a freebase pipe, this hit me pretty hard, still in my own body but I couldn't stop saying "No no no no no!" for about 5 minutes, I thought I might die. Then I was fine.

Tonight:
~30 mg 5-MEO-DMT (oral) - No effect.
+ ~15 mg 5-MEO-DMT (sublingual) - Maybe something, can't tell. Definitely burnt my mouth, ow.
+ ~50 mg 5-MEO-DMT (sublingual) - Still nothing really.
+ ~20 mg 5-MEO-DMT (insufflated) - OW, it BURNS.. Starting to get something
+ ~30 mg 5-MEO-DMT (insufflated) - OWIE.. About 10 minutes after this, I'm definitely high.. Feels like some damn good acid or something.
+ ~20 mg 2C-C - Hasn't hit yet..

Time to go snort more, I've always wanted to do 5-MEO-DMT without smoking it, as I find it too harsh and fast, I've never had the self control to have the diet to try it with an MAOI, so I thought I would try other ways. I'm disappointed sublingual didn't have an effect for me.

Also, a partner I'm with tonight tried the following (~100lbs female):
~25 mg 5-MEO-DMT (sublingual)
+ ~40 mg 5-MEO-DMT (sublingual)

and got zero effects.

The problems with your sublingual attempts are probably due to the fact that it is a freebase. Freebases doesn't dissolve in water, thus it will be hard for it to absorb in your mouth. Convert it to a salt and then try again.

Plus, if you go the MAOI route, be careful. It doesn't seem to play well with 5-MeO-DMT sometimes and could be dangerous.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=55407 This person's dose was really high, but still sounds unpleasant.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_health.shtml

Has anyone here tried using 5-meo-DMT orally ? Shulgin says it is without activity, and the erowid dose chart says a common oral dose or 5-meo-DMT is 20-30 mgs. I don't think i've ready many, if any at all, trip reports about the oral use of 5-meo-DMT in conjunction with nothing else.

I have a lot of 5-meo-DMT in both salt and freebase form. If I was to experiment with oral 5-meo-DMT doses, would I be better off using the salt, or the freebase ? Just a sidenote, my salt is the shitty brown-tar-degraded 5-meo-DMT. (Which makes me think the freebase would be a better choice - who knows how much of that brown tar is actually 5-meo-DMT).

Forbiddenera....insufflated 5-meo-DMT freebase, you say it burns eh ? How bad and how long is this burn ? Your comment about it feeling like acid intrigues me. I am curious though....if the freebase doesn't dissolve in water, and you supposedly cannot use it orally...then how come you can snort 30 mgs of it and trip ??

I have never tried this one yet...but soon, i will taste it. 5-meo-DMT seems like a real juggernaut of a psychedelic, approach with caution.

Last edited:
The problems with your sublingual attempts are probably due to the fact that it is a freebase. Freebases doesn't dissolve in water, thus it will be hard for it to absorb in your mouth. Convert it to a salt and then try again.

Plus, if you go the MAOI route, be careful. It doesn't seem to play well with 5-MeO-DMT sometimes and could be dangerous.

Quite possibly, also I realized in those posted experiments that most of the said 5-MEO-DMT was possibly 'expired', part of a batch that melted in the heat of a car on the way to Shambhala and back.

I can't confirm 100% but I do believe the non-'expired' substance seems more active insufflated.

And thanks for the warning, I've been avoiding this route as much as possible, I may try it one day but not without the correct preparations.

Has anyone here tried using 5-meo-DMT orally ? Shulgin says it is without activity, and the erowid dose chart says a common oral dose or 5-meo-DMT is 20-30 mgs. I don't think i've ready many, if any at all, trip reports about the oral use of 5-meo-DMT in conjunction with nothing else.

I haven't been able to find any either and I didn't find it to be active in my experiments. When the next shipment comes in I am considering furthering my oral experiments of 5-MEO-DMT.

Forbiddenera....insufflated 5-meo-DMT freebase, you say it burns eh ? How bad and how long is this burn ? Your comment about it feeling like acid intrigues me. I am curious though....if the freebase doesn't dissolve in water, and you supposedly cannot use it orally...then how come you can snort 30 mgs of it and trip ??

Well, since my last post, last night, I've decided to try this again.

The burn is bad! Not as bad as any 2C's I've snorted.

Novocaine seems to be the solution. Tonight, I dosed ~50mg DMT mixed with an unknown amount of novocaine (for the burn/pain).

I came up unpleasantly fast, nauseatingly, puked a bit, but then was very high, visuals again reminded me of some good LSD.

A few hours later, I tried again with a smaller dose, about 20mg mixed with novocaine, I also injected about 200mg of ketamine intramuscularly (I have a very high ketamine tolerance).

What an amazing expereince! Probably one of the most intense highs ever.

I'm sure the ketamine gave it a kick in the psychedelic butt, but, after the ketamine has worn off I'm still left in a colorful world, almost like an LSD trip but probably better.

I'm going to have to do more experiments with novocaine + 5-MEO-DMT.

forbiddenera;7660479luminescent said:
A few hours later, I tried again with a smaller dose, about 20mg mixed with novocaine, I also injected about 200mg of ketamine intramuscularly (I have a very high ketamine tolerance).

It's a good few hours since then and everything is still colorful and luminescnt.

I would have to say 5-MEO-DMT + Novocaine = win/win.

Start small!

It seems strange that 5-meo-dmt freebase would even be active when insufflated. insufflating drugs depends mostly on their solubility in water. Poor solubility = poor uptake. If youre gonna snort 5-meo-dmt it would propably be better using HCl or another salt of it.

Well, it worked great.

After that post I was high for another +8 hours at least with some of the most intense visuals of my life, especially CEVs.

I did do a lot of ketamine as well but the DMT was very pronounced over top and almost 'muted' the k and I never k-holed even though I was doing very large doses.

5-meo-dmt - Question

Hi,

thanks in advance.

SWIM foil smoked 6mg of 5-meo-dmt (37 minutes ago).

User is fairly experienced in psychedelics (lsd/mushrooms/amanita/RCs) and had 2 days previously taken 20mg 4-ho-mipt & 200mg B1 and enjoyed the experience greatly.

I have some questions for those more experienced with this compound please.

Firstly the dose was certainly not breakthrough but a little more than threshold. Experience was intense, massive body buzz, disorientation, CEVs described as rolling thunder clouds/smoke with multicoloured lightning (mostly purple/green). At no point did i lose myself totally, but i relaxed and accepted it (fighting this would not have been good, as IS the way with these things). Now 46 minutes and baseline (sort of!). I always knew i was me.

Questions:
1) I presume the trip 2 days prior will have lessened the effect in this case? I am unsure how long to leave all compounds to have the full effect.

2) I noticed i would stop breathing and had to make a conscious effort to breathe. I have concerns that with a breakthrough dose i may just not breathe and not know to/be here to. Any opinions/experiences on this please?

All i can say is 'wow'. SWIM has serious respect for this substance and would like to now proceed further. It is just the breathing thing!

Thanks TT36.

Hi,

thanks in advance.

SWIM foil smoked 6mg of 5-meo-dmt (37 minutes ago).

2) I noticed i would stop breathing and had to make a conscious effort to breathe. I have concerns that with a breakthrough dose i may just not breathe and not know to/be here to. Any opinions/experiences on this please?

Thanks TT36.

Oh man, that sounds so much like my experience with foil smoked 5-meo-dmt. I heard there could be a chemical reaction with the 5-meo and the tin foil. I would use a glass pipe or similar next time and vape it, see if that improves the breathing thing.

^More like a reaction between the ego and 5-MeO-DMT. You just have to take deep breaths and trust that the rise and fall of your chest is indicative of breathing. The sensation of taking in a breath is simply whisked away along with your self; it won't be any different at higher doses, except that breathing may stop being a concern. You'll still do it though. You just need to trust that your basic functions function without you and that the tinfoil industry is made up of good people producing a fine product that's rarely implicated in deaths by asphyxiation.

Not breathing 5-meo-dmt

^More like a reaction between the ego and 5-MeO-DMT. You just have to take deep breaths and trust that the rise and fall of your chest is indicative of breathing. The sensation of taking in a breath is simply whisked away along with your self; it won't be any different at higher doses, except that breathing may stop being a concern. You'll still do it though. You just need to trust that your basic functions function without you and that the tinfoil industry is made up of good people producing a fine product that's rarely implicated in deaths by asphyxiation.

I also do not think it was the foil, it was definately just me. There was no rise and fall of my chest though, i really did just not breathe, like it wasn't required or necessary. It was probably around 40 seconds before i noticed and then forced an inhale/exhale. It was not a perception of not breathing, i just didn't breathe at all. I think i will just press on with a larger dose, i can give my sitter specific instructions to tell me to breathe if i stop for any length of time. I am sure once my body is short on oxygen i will just do it anyway. If not hey ho, i'll pass out i suppose. :\ Thanks.

TT36.

I have heard of people losing consciousness on 5-MeO-DMT, but I don't think it was because of respiratory depression. In addition to not being able to feel the breaths I take, I've felt that I've stopped breathing on numerous different psychedelics, even cannabis. But I'm pretty sure it was always after trancing out and losing touch with bodily sensations and I was just breathing really shallow, or that coming back from the trance coincided with the end of a slow exhale similar to not breathing and from that I concluded that I must not have been breathing during the trance.

When we shift our perspective by tripping, unconscious processes we've become desensitized to appear in far sharper relief. So another possible explanation is that when you become highly reflective on a behavior like breathing that's usually pretty automated you feel that you need to exert more effort to do it. I think that's because klutzy old conscious awareness removes administration of the activity from the non-conscious areas accustomed to performing the behavior. While driving, I've caught myself thinking "this is me driving, right now I'm driving, I'm holding the accelerator level, etc." before, and for just a moment I've gotten stressed asking myself "how the fuck is it that I can drive without thinking?" while not really knowing the full answer. The proper response in such a dangerous situation is, of course, think about something else.

It's strange that you both noticed you weren't breathing and were aware that not breathing lasted about 40 seconds. The implication is that you were aware of not breathing enough to recall the approximate time of its duration but not aware in a way where you conclude that it's important to take a breath. Kind of cartoonish--like noticing that you've sat on a stove burner only when you catch the scent of scorched meat.

Last edited:
Hello everyone :D

I've got a few questions that I would like to clear up before I begin experimentation with 5-MeO-DMT in the coming weeks.

First: dose. As a nice introduction dose, I was contemplating smoking ~11mg of this substance in a freebase pipe. I've read that lower doses can often produce unpleasant effects and I want to keep the body load and any other uncomfortable effects at a minimum. Is this a [relatively] dependable dose which has the least negative effects?

Second: harm reduction. I have discussed smoking 5-MeO with a select few friends (well experienced drug users (DMT included) who are not particularly familiar with RCs). They are aware of the risks and are willing to take the plunge. When smoking the pipe with multiple people, what is the best way to make sure that no one gets a larger dose then they bargained for after being handed the pipe without wasting product (residue from previous user)?

Any other first-timer tips are welcome.

1st: you type very neatly, i liked reading that :) lol

2nd: I think that will be a pretty high dose. If you're experienced with DMT then its pretty much like deciding whether you want a breakthrough first-time or not. I have done low dose experiences, as low as 5mg, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Though I couldn't say if i enjoy it at the low dose because I understand it at a high dose. If that makes any sense. Basically, that's gonna be ur call if you wanna dive in head first like that

3rd: I can't comment on having multiple people sharing a session on one pipe without having each person have their own pipe or their own amount ready to load. I guess you could start with say 15mg, have the first person hit it, then have each subsequent person add 5-10mg? Maybe not, im really stoned, sorry for all this indecisiveness lol.

5-MeO-DMT went from "too scared to touch" to easily top 3 favorite psychedelics very quickly. I dont think i have any psychedelic that makes me feel as good as JUST the 5meo afterglow does. Its really a beautiful compound. Hope you have a great experience!

Hah! Do not just start with 15 mg and then add 5 to 10 for each additional person using the same pipe. There's no telling how many milligrams each hit will take in. Don't worry about wasting product, just accept that whatever your putting in will be gone. If your using a single pipe make sure the flame has licked over the whole bowl before a person stops hitting it and you'll probably get most of it. 5-MeO-DMT crawls away from flame so just swirl the flame around to head it off. Then turn the bowl upside down and hold a flame to it to get rid of anything remaining. There's no sense in leaving an unknown amount left over for the next person.

5 to 7 mg is a good starting dose to get an idea of 5-MeO-DMT's power without too much risk of ego death (which can be very unpleasant). Measure out that dose for everyone beforehand. The person who got everybody into this, probably you, should go first so all can see how you react before they go--not that the your reaction necessarily means anything. I've had friends start crying while pawing the floor in amazement, saying it was the best experience of their life, and others who just said "whoa" and complained of nausea for a half hour.

ok im new to this, so ive skimmed through this thread a little bit and it helped but maby some of you on here could help me further.
1. what should the crystal look like? color mainly apparently, also does this determine purity?
2. if purity is an issue what effects will this have on my trip.
3. do you recommend smoking wile tripping on paper for your fist time, i mean dmt not acid. (im rather exp with psychs, and the paper needle point 250-300 mikes)
4. how much 7-8 mg appropriate, and can you smoke dmt multiple times in a night? how much to jump off?
5. is the experience similar to a dissociation? or like high doses of shrooms/paper?
6. are you immobile? can you inflict harm in the chance of a bad trip.
7. duration?
8. method of consumption; i have a vaporizer i cant imagine 10 mg just chillin in the diffuser can i put in a lil bud in crystal on top? what temp? how long should i inhale and hold for?
9. is there the possibility i could be quite disruptive?

The reason why im gonna have to exp dmt on paper for the first time is because i trip religiously every three weeks and i have an affection for the delysid and i save all my serotonin for that as its most promising. yet im not literate with the dmt so i dont know if i smoke it a day or two prior to my trip will it fuck up my paper trip. im pretty exp with psychs, im at peace and usually remain calm, i will be in a peaceful setting with a woman i trust very much. what do you think?

p.s also i have a hundredths scale 0.00 ten mg look like this 0.10 correct? just to be safe...

1st: you type very neatly, i liked reading that :) lol

2nd: I think that will be a pretty high dose. If you're experienced with DMT then its pretty much like deciding whether you want a breakthrough first-time or not. I have done low dose experiences, as low as 5mg, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Though I couldn't say if i enjoy it at the low dose because I understand it at a high dose. If that makes any sense. Basically, that's gonna be ur call if you wanna dive in head first like that

3rd: I can't comment on having multiple people sharing a session on one pipe without having each person have their own pipe or their own amount ready to load. I guess you could start with say 15mg, have the first person hit it, then have each subsequent person add 5-10mg? Maybe not, im really stoned, sorry for all this indecisiveness lol.

5-MeO-DMT went from "too scared to touch" to easily top 3 favorite psychedelics very quickly. I dont think i have any psychedelic that makes me feel as good as JUST the 5meo afterglow does. Its really a beautiful compound. Hope you have a great experience!

I appreciate the compliment :)

As an experienced DMT user (in my dreams! ;P) myself, I get what you're saying; it sounds like you have a nice relationship with 5-MeO-DMT.

The more we discuss it, the more enticing a lower dose sounds. While I love me a good ego-shattering experience, I would like to ease my way into the arms of Ms. MeO the first time around.

Sometimes I get myself all worked up about trekking in the uncharted waters of my brain that I must remind myself to start slow. Most importantly, though, is releasing all my expectations and predispositions. This drug is a unique compound in the collective whole just like all the other ones out there. She intrinsically deserves equal respect. <3

Hah! Do not just start with 15 mg and then add 5 to 10 for each additional person using the same pipe. There's no telling how many milligrams each hit will take in. Don't worry about wasting product, just accept that whatever your putting in will be gone. If your using a single pipe make sure the flame has licked over the whole bowl before a person stops hitting it and you'll probably get most of it. 5-MeO-DMT crawls away from flame so just swirl the flame around to head it off. Then turn the bowl upside down and hold a flame to it to get rid of anything remaining. There's no sense in leaving an unknown amount left over for the next person.

5 to 7 mg is a good starting dose to get an idea of 5-MeO-DMT's power without too much risk of ego death (which can be very unpleasant). Measure out that dose for everyone beforehand. The person who got everybody into this, probably you, should go first so all can see how you react before they go--not that the your reaction necessarily means anything. I've had friends start crying while pawing the floor in amazement, saying it was the best experience of their life, and others who just said "whoa" and complained of nausea for a half hour.

Are those reactions the result of 5-7mg doses?

I've got my shiny new Tanita so dose measurements should be accurate +-1 in that mg range.

In my first post I neglected to mention that I've had a handful of run-ins with two batches of Yopo snuffs (four trials ranging from 4-6 seeds). In terms of discomfort, I was certainly afflicted by some of the less than appealing physical aspects of MeO although I was able to let go and appreciate the experience. All in all, with the guidance of my fellow BL'ers I'm fairly confident I will be able to embrace (or troubleshoot!) whatever effects Ms. M deems acceptable.

=D

5mg in mah pipe ya herrddd

Status
Not open for further replies.