View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Never tried it oral without MAOI, always read it was ineffective, but then I read on the wikipedia page for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT the following:

When used as a drug in its purified form, 5-MeO-DMT is smoked, insufflated, or injected and is active at a dose of as little as 2 mg. 5-MeO-DMT is also active orally, when taken with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, but according to numerous reports, the combination with MAOI is extremely unpleasant and has a strong body load. According to the researcher Jonathan Ott, 5-MeO-DMT is active orally with doses over 30 mg without aid of an MAOI.

But I have not heard of any successful usages of it that way by us more casual psychonauts. The above is probably also the source of Willow's rumor of the combo with MAOI being "extremely dangerous." Note that ANYONE can post their opinions or even total BS in a WIki article, and that "unpleasant" does not = "dangerous." And anyway while there was a strong body sensation of vibrating energy, I would not say that the combo was "unpleasant" or even a "load" but merely a kind of electrified sensation that while somewhat alarming at first, I actually found kind of pleasant. (It just involved an oscillating "electric" sensation throughout the muscles, over the skin, and in the head, and only a modestly elevated heart rate, at my 10mg dose, so once I "checked" that I was fully functional and seemingly OK I actually enjoyed the feeling, but perhaps that's just me, I dunno).

SOOO... go ahead and explore and let us know if 30mg oral on its own is really effective or if Ott was full of crap :D

Last edited:
Many people have confirmed that Ott's suggestion of 30mg + oral dosage aren't actually active, IIRC. To my recollection there was maybe some questionable methodology though I'm not sure.

I actually plugged ~0.04 gr (bad scale) of 5-MeO-DMT quite some time ago and it certainly was active. Nothing world shattering, but certainly active.

My plan is to test the oral activity of 5-MeO-DMT this week, if nothing important suddenly pops up.

Approx. 15 mg orally is threshold for me. It's been an hour since ingestion on a nearly empty stomach and I think I feel something, but it could be placebo.

I'll probably trying this chemical for the first time in the next few days. I may have had it in the past but didn't know it. Now I'm pretty sure I have it so I'll be glad to see what it is like and how it compares to DMT.

yes, i´ve ordered the free base. but i don´t know if it is stable in (the) solution for a longer time (at least 2-3 month). if i remember correctly, many tryptamines degrade in solutions (only in solutions with water?). but 5-meo-dmt seems to be more stable than other tryptamines (especially the 4-substituited).

Correct. 5-MeO's are more stable than 4-subbed tryptamines. But for long term storage (5-MeO-DMT won't degrade in a couple of months noticeably) like a few years, store it in a glass vial in the freezer, preferrably with dessicants that keep moisture away from the compound. I've put silica gel caps around my glass vials where I have my tryptamines.

Anyway there's a storage thread too if you're interested in storing tryptamines for longer times.

Status
Not open for further replies.