PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it was...
life changing..

i used to snort it too, i used it to give me extra awareness...nothing like smoking it...but like a mario mushroom........

Is there an alternative way of taking 5-meo DMT? I have smoked it twice with no effect other than a noticeable body high and intense thinking, no visuals. How much would one need to snort and is the high more intense?

Hey fellas, just a quick question for anyone who's used 5-meo-dmt before, i understand that the peak is at around 30 minutes and you're back to baseline after about 1 hour. What I want to know is how do you feel afterwards? The next day? Any sort of hangover/comedown?

I'm asking becuase I want to have my first try tonight but I have to work fairly early in the morning. Will my brain be ok and alert for work? Thanks :)

Hey fellas, just a quick question for anyone who's used 5-meo-dmt before, i understand that the peak is at around 30 minutes and you're back to baseline after about 1 hour. What I want to know is how do you feel afterwards? The next day? Any sort of hangover/comedown?

I'm asking becuase I want to have my first try tonight but I have to work fairly early in the morning. Will my brain be ok and alert for work? Thanks :)

The peak is in minutes after you smoke it and you are down pretty much after a quarter of an hour or so. This doesn't mean much to you though, as for you it will be timeless, and it's not like you can trip in your lunch break.

How you feel afterwards depends only on the dose and on yourself. If you smoke a low dose (<6mg or so) you might not have very strong effects and recover immediately. If you smoke a high dose your response could range from having a blissful experience that will leave you happy and energized to having a shocking bad trip that may leave you incapacitated for days or weeks.

In any case you would want to have some spare time afterwards with no obligations in order to reflect on your experience. You can try 4mg now to get a feel for it and leave a full trip for a weekend when you have time to go into it. This is not a recreational drug. It is an extremely intense experience, one of the most intense of all drugs, and can easily be life changing. Not something you can put in the back on your mind and go to work. You will need time to reflect on it.

My top tip: smoke it only when you are happy, peaceful and content with your life and have nothing burdening your soul. Whether it will take you to heaven or hell depends only on you.

Last edited:
hmm monsoon season is coming. cant wait to hunt for my on 5-meo toad buddy

Last edited:
The peak is in minutes after you smoke it and you are down pretty much after a quarter of an hour or so. This doesn't mean much to you though, as for you it will be timeless, and it's not like you can trip in your lunch break.

How you feel afterwards depends only on the dose and on yourself. If you smoke a low dose (<6mg or so) you might not have very strong effects and recover immediately. If you smoke a high dose your response could range from having a blissful experience that will leave you happy and energized to having a shocking bad trip that may leave you incapacitated for days or weeks.

In any case you would want to have some spare time afterwards with no obligations in order to reflect on your experience. You can try 4mg now to get a feel for it and leave a full trip for a weekend when you have time to go into it. This is not a recreational drug. It is an extremely intense experience, one of the most intense of all drugs, and can easily be life changing. Not something you can put in the back on your mind and go to work. You will need time to reflect on it.

My top tip: smoke it only when you are happy, peaceful and content with your life and have nothing burdening your soul. Whether it will take you to heaven or hell depends only on you.

Thanks heaps for the input, very helpful advice. I think I'll do as you suggest and smoke a low dose to get a feel for it and save the proper trip for a weekend. Problem is I've got completely full weekends coming up which is why I wanted to try it mid-week.

Ah well, it's not soemthing to be rushed and as you say, need to be in a comfortable mental place with time for reflection so I'll just have to have patience. thanks again

Also I forgot to ask, does smoking 5-meo-dmt affect the ability to sleep afterwards and if so, what kind of time frame are we talking about? thanks

^I've never tried sleeping immediately after smoking it, but I would say after an hour or so, you'd be right to sleep. Depends on the trip; if it was a true hair-raiser then you might be shaken up too much to sleep; same goes for the opposite.

Cheers. I smoked 10mg last night but it was in a cone with some inert herb stuff. I think I burnt up the majority of it because I didn't feel close to 'breaking through' - whatever that is (haven't experienced it yet).

Don't get me wrong, it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks with an amazing brain/body high for about 4 minutes but no real trip aspect. Going to try shuglins method (teaspoon and upside down funnel) tonight to hopefully get a better yeild from smoking.

Cheers. I smoked 10mg last night but it was in a cone with some inert herb stuff. I think I burnt up the majority of it because I didn't feel close to 'breaking through' - whatever that is (haven't experienced it yet).

Don't get me wrong, it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks with an amazing brain/body high for about 4 minutes but no real trip aspect. Going to try shuglins method (teaspoon and upside down funnel) tonight to hopefully get a better yeild from smoking.

Yeah it sounds like you wasted quite a lot. 10mg is usually enough for a breakthrough experience. You should smoke it in a test tube or if you don't have one, a lightbulb. A lightbulb is pretty ineffective for DMT but for 5-MeO it is good enough. But best of all you should make yourself a DMT machine, search for the thread on this forum.

thanks... I've seen "The Machine" and I don't think it's something i'm capable of constructing right now. Out of a lightbulb of an upside down funnel over a teaspoon (spoon heated from underneath with a ligher), which do you think would be better?

Lightbulb vaporizer. Google how to make one with the pop bottle top and straws. Works fine for me with 5-meo

There's also a technique you have to follow with a lightbulb. The spice runs away from the flame like a drop of water on a hot pan. To avoid this, heat the surrounding glass first by running the flame in a spiral starting from outward and converging on the pile of spice in the center. This way when the liquefied spice runs away from the flame it will have nowhere to run but onto the already hot glass around it and will quickly vaporize.

Also, it may work even without a bottle top - just a hollowed lightbulb and a thick straw held in your mouth. If you inhale constantly the smoke won't get a chance to get out.

I had an interesting 5-meo-DMT experience last night. Before the trip I was sitting on my bed and realized i had to do something about my ingrown toenail tonight before i get to a doctor because the pain was getting kind of bad. So I had to dig in there and pull out the nail from the bed and cut off the part that was going ingrown. This freaking hurts. Without any local anesthetic or opiates in my system to dull the pain self-inflicting pain like that is not pleasant. Not quite as bad as Tom Hanks with the tooth on Cast Away but the same theme.

So anyways after that the pressure is off my toe but it still hurts. About 3 minutes or so after I was done with that ordeal I took a hit from my 5-meo pipe. Got more than expected. When I was in the bathroom before I went into my room, I rubbed my face with a cloth to remove the grease from my broken out face. When the 5-meo came on all the minor pains in the pimples from rubbing and my razorburn got really amplified and started to hurt, the toe pain was also increased. As I lied down this started to go away. The ringing in my ears was coming strong and the heavy pressure in my chest was making itself quite apparent.

As the 5-meo was weighing down on me I became aware of this element of manipulative control I try to impose on a certain someone. I try to direct my attention of my trips towards my relationship with this person because this issue in my life right now is paramount. As this kept weighing harder on me all of a sudden.... SNAP!

I let go. As soon as i let go of my egoistic, selfish control a bone somewhere in my back which I've never cracked before cracked. I don't really know where this bone was located but it felt like I didn't have much control over this particular bone. I wasn't even moving my body, I was lying perfectly still when this bone cracked. It's as if the breakthrough in my mind synchronized with the physical manifestation of this bone cracking. It felt incredible. Like a load was broken. I feel relived to be able to see through that control. I don't feel like I'm flying high on an afterglow but I feel more comfortable with myself. It's nice to let go of control over something you are unable to control and don't actually want to control anyway.

It is also a normal component of the human brain and it is produced by the pineal gland, an organ also known as the "third eye." We are not sure what purpose it serves being there.
is this true or was OP mistaken?

i had to do something about my ingrown toenail tonight before i get to a doctor because the pain was getting kind of bad.
Lol one of those things (nick named INFECTOR) was the reason i learned to preform Open toe surgey by practicing hours at a time with no pain pills trying various tools (most effective was a knife & plyers) at 13.

How'd that turn out for you?

Liquid Dose 5-MeO-DMT -Evaporation

I use a gunpowder scale for my RC's and then put them in liquid solution because I don't trust that thing, but I can't really smoke 5-Methoxy in liquid form.

So I figure that it would work to dissolve a known amount of 5-Meo in either water or high proof alcohol for better evap times, and make little tin foil "bowls" to put like 2-5mg in each. The liquid evaporates, and I have accurate doses. Which are apparently absolutely necessary for this shit.

Any tips on how I could get this done today? If it must take longer that's ok, but I was hoping to try it later.

Beware of the liquid evaporating whilst stored - you might get more than you bargained for.

Status
Not open for further replies.