View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, I've having trouble finding information on doses for oral 5-meo-dmt... Apparently 5-meo-dmt is orally active on doses over 30mgs.. although I don't have any HARD evidence for this.. but I'd still like to try it witha lower dose with harmala.

Anyone with experience? Sugggestions?

I'd stay away from 5meodmt with an maoi...apparently there has been a lot of seriously (death) interactions..(look at the last page of the 5meodmt thread where theres some warnings on that)

You can do it sublingual which works great and isn't quite as shocking at smoking but it doesn't give you a long long oral trip still. Smoking it and sublingual have always worked great for me but I've never tried eating it alone and still haven't seen too too much evidence that it works that way.

Which 5-meo-dmt thread? The big and dandy one?

Tribal cultures in south america take 5-meo-dmt with maois, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do it.

Also, I'm not sure where I read it, it was here on BL, but I read at least a couple users combining 5-meo-dmt and harmala.

I'm pretty sure its safe as long as you don't go overboard, but I'm more interested in knowing what kind of dose I should use.

5meo and MAOI's is something I would stay away from... once, even when smoking 5meo, I was told to never do it!

I once snorted 5meo after an ayahuasca session.... BAD idea! 10 seconds of heaven and 20 minutes of hell!

I've said this before, but way back when someone posted on ayahuasca.com about him and three of his friends taking 5meo orally... two of them never came back!

I don't wanna be fear mongering or anything, but just relaying what has come my way regarding this.

DMT with an MAOI is good enough I reckon... some acacias have 7% or so of 5meo in them, if you up the dose on them orally with an MAOI, you are often taking a largish 5meo dose and things can get really messy and out of balance!

Julian.

In TIHKAL, Shulgin reports on three experiments combining 5-MeO-DMT with harmaline without any serious problems with toxicity.

(with 70 mg harmaline, 10 mg 5-MeO-DMT [0 min]). "I felt changes in pressure around the eyes at 18 minutes, and there was a floating feeling when walking. I had peaked at an hour and a half, probably at a plus three, with no visuals, no emotionals, no intellectuals, no negative, no positive. A little nausea. I am not sure why I am at a +++ but I am. By the 2 hour
point I am coming down. At three hours, I noticed a complete change of character, the harmaline was beginning to kick in. This grew in intensity for several hours, with quite a bit of nausea. This was fully equivalent to 300 mg. harmaline alone, but without the physiological noise. At 12 hours I got a little sleep with a lot of dreams."

(with 80 mg harmaline, 10 mg 5-MeO-DMT) "This was conceptually very active. Extremely rewarding. Remarkable difference from the harmaline alone, or the tryptamine alone, neither of which would have been active taken this way, orally."

(with 150 mg harmaline, 25 mg 5-MeO-DMT [60 min]) "In about 15 minutes I began to feel the typical effects of 5-MeO-DMT, a gradually building emotion of solid, somewhat boiling, turbulent feeling. I began to feel like vomiting so I did so, several times. Waves of the inner feeling would approach completely removing my awareness of the physical world, but it never reached that point as it does when I have smoked 12 milligrams of 5-MeO-DMT alone. The experience was quite intense but I never felt a great deal of fear. I consciously debated whether or not to smoke some 5-MeO-DMT in order to break through this 'middle' level of experience into a complete transcendent state as I had experienced in the past. But the complexities of asking for the pipe and managing to smoke it seemed too much, even with assistance. I abandoned the idea. I started to come 'down' into a more differentiated consciousness, and the first thing I felt was a powerful, aggressive sexual feeling. I was not wearing any clothes and I spent a long time, over an hour, writhing around, occasionally uttering phrases of one or three or four words of a very hostile and/or sexual nature. I remember saying I hated my sitter (a female) and God, but it was quite clear that it was the sexual/maternal image of the sitter that I hated as something that I desired and felt dependent upon while resenting that I needed something I did not have within myself. The next phase found me physically calm and quiet. Finally, after four hours, I felt sleepy and comfortable. I ate well, and was in a good mood. I do not feel that taking a higher dose orally would necessarily have pushed me through to the state achieved by smoking because the onset was so, so slow. I don't think I'll repeat this combination."

uhhhh ok yeah lets do everything shulgin or one of his friends tried 3 trial is plenty to tease out any negative toxicity 8( 8( 8(

uhhhh ok yeah lets do everything shulgin or one of his friends tried 3 trial is plenty to tease out any negative toxicity 8( 8( 8(

Well seeing as how I can't find any actual reports telling me that 5-meo-dmt+harmala alks is BAD or dangerous, I can only find reports of people actually trying it, working with it, enjoying it, etc...

Like I said before.. south american cultures use 5-meo-dmt+harmala.

Also, if Shulgins data can't be used as a sort of benchmark, fuck, I don't know what can be then. 3rd hand reports from users on random internet message boards?

:p

Some of the bad reports involving 5-meo-dmt+an maoi seem to involve what to me would seem to be a large dose of either the 5-meo-dmt or maoi or BOTH.

I'd obviously take a small starter dose..

Anyone with first hand accounts of dosing 5-meo-dmt with maoi?

I've found a few on bl, but anything from the horses mouth in this thread is appreciated.

Do you prepare somehow your first 5-meo-dmt trip? Like you prepare your first lsd trip... i.e. look up information for weeks, read trip-reports,... or will one do fine (when familiar with the usual psychedelics)... I feel rather unprepared, but I have no real intentions to do more... but the experience is known to be very overwhelming... so yeah... can one really prepare himself?

prepare all you want, but if the psychedelic experience is really anything like we often hope it is, preparing falls very short.

Still, always a good thing to do. Can only help, never hurt I think.

I do simple breathing practice to calm my head down...once I notice my thoughts have slowed and I am in a generally positive frame of mind I pick up the pipe and take the toke <3

mmm, I've gone through the erowid trip reports... I guess like 60% were horrible/terrifying/life-trashing, 10% neutral, 30% good... makes me more insecure about the substance... I'm going to snort it, not smoke. Still... I don't want to trash my life for a substance which I don't value that high as LSD for example... Any input? Or someone talk me in some courage? I have DMT too. I don't feel this insecure with DMT at all...

Psyduck, as you're figuring out, 5-meo-dmt is probably the most intense, reality shattering "psychedelic" out there... so if you don't feel ready, then you probably aren't ready!

I have a good quantity of 5-meo that I've been sitting on for over 2 years, waiting for the right moment. It really is not something to rush into.

I have the impression that you're relatively new to tripping anyway. So it's probably best if you work on acquiring other experiences before you go ahead and hit the "Reset" button for the Universe. You must be ready to accept the utter obliteration of yourself and everything you've ever known.

Also, you haven't yet had 5-meo, correct? So why assert that you don't value it as highly as LSD? The former certainly blows away the latter in my book.

Last edited:
I also have some 5MeO and DMT and DMT was earth shattering awesomeness. A rocket ride to the edge of the universe. Haven't tested the 5MeO, but I am also apprehensive. This is just out of curiosity, do people combine the two? What kind of experience would that lead to? i can only imagine

mmm, I've gone through the erowid trip reports... I guess like 60% were horrible/terrifying/life-trashing, 10% neutral, 30% good... makes me more insecure about the substance... I'm going to snort it, not smoke. Still... I don't want to trash my life for a substance which I don't value that high as LSD for example... Any input? Or someone talk me in some courage? I have DMT too. I don't feel this insecure with DMT at all...

honestly I don't suggest friends go through very many trip reports...because I think it influences too much what you experience. Its better to make up your own mind whats happening to you when entities contact you or you feel your ego dissolving or whatever. At least initially. THen once you have experience with the drug you can discuss with others and compare your experience to theirs.

But, now I'm better with less knowledge about the drug, the better. Of course you have to get the safety parts down and the duration and the basic broad categories of effects (very visual or lacking visuals or heavy body feeling, possibility of puking, etc).

Well, the third trial in Tihkal was intense and the subject did not wish to repeat it. I was just providing the information that the combination could be attempted if one used a low dosage. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.