View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, that sheer intensity you could (well maybe not) imagine that combination should have, especially in "adequate" doses... Leads me to think about trips that are so die-hard Near-Death Experience it actually becomes a death experience. Now, I really don't know much about trips where people encounter doors to the other side and if there is any merit to the theory but possible some deathdrive is initiated so that the body dies from some overwhelming psychosomatic impulse...
But I don't know, if you think about it that people who are truly ready to die lose their lifedrive and lose their instinct that makes them not drown for instance... it just might be the cause of death. Like getting scared to death or die of sorrow, very tricky though very interesting stuff...

I think you have more to worry about the violent muscle spasms, vomiting, diarreah, etc that come with this combination than a psychological route to death.

I truly do not understand why anybody would want to combine a MAOI with this substance. Have these people that are talking about doing this combination even tried 5-meo-DMT in a high dose? I clearly think they have not because I think nobody in their right mind would want to extend/exacerbate the nasty physical stuff associated with this drug (which is what the MAOI addition would do).

Even smoking enough 5meo induced such nausea that I would be reluctant to repeat at that dose - however at s;lightly lower doses I found it rather pleasant in a sort of " afterglow vibe" way.

I'm scared of psychedelics that induce nausea like that because I'm scared of vomiting - why I don't know - perhaps I should embrace being sick or something ?

B9, you should certainly embrace it! Purging can be a very important part of tripping, as you'll be reassured if you ever take ayahuasca. :D But with anything, people often report that after they vomit on a trip, not only do they feel like a million bucks, but they're tripping harder! :)

Embracing what amounts to a phobia isn't straightforward - or maybe it is - I should just make myself ill & get over it really

...I had a bad stomach infection when I was 11/12 years old, basically constant nausea and vomiting initailly (listeria)....I too have a slight phobia re: purging. Not the act; the build up of tension before hand. Me no likey :|

Yeah I got proper food poisoning when I was 5 years old & the effects are still vividly recalled all these decades later.

Mine is so ingrained that even the misus sticking her entire hand into my throat couldn't elicit anything more than a suppressed retch.

Me too, that sheer intensity you could (well maybe not) imagine that combination should have, especially in "adequate" doses... Leads me to think about trips that are so die-hard Near-Death Experience it actually becomes a death experience. Now, I really don't know much about trips where people encounter doors to the other side and if there is any merit to the theory but possible some deathdrive is initiated so that the body dies from some overwhelming psychosomatic impulse...

I remember reading in PIHKAL about a physician-supervised mescaline experiment where the person dosed actually saw a "door to the other side", stepped through it and then had second thoughts and came back. The doctor supervising that person saw that for the time they were "on the other side" their body went into cardiorespiratory arrest. This was recounted as an anecdote but Ann Shulgin seemed to seriously believe it and wrote that she had seen the same door on mescaline.

I also wondered whether it is possible to just forget to breathe or forget to come back and become catatonic. But afaik people with massive brain damage who are practically vegetables still maintain vital functions automatically as they are more or less independent from higher brain functions. On the other hand, maybe the upper brain can override these default functions.

5-MeO-DMT Tolerence!

Does one build a tolerence to smoked 5-MeO-DMT as fast as with other tryptamines, say mushrooms?

Can one dose 1-2 times a day for say 2-3 days in a row without any effects lessening?

For example im thinking the same as with tryptamines like mushrooms or like phenethylamines such as MDA and MDMA you get to loose the magic after a few tries, am I right?

Having never tried this compound, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a tolerance to all tryptamines builds quite quickly and you can expect to have a significant lessening of effects as use increases.

Actually, the smoked tryptamines that only last a few minutes seem to not develop much tolerance. You can smoke DMT two days in a row and not really notice any tolerance buildup. I think it has to do with the short, short duration. You have to wait a few hours afterwards to reduce the temporary tolerance but that's about it. Some PDers in the past have smoked DMT multiple times a day for long periods of time and over time they started to say it wasn't affecting them the same way, but that's obviously a very extreme case.

This was with DMT, not 5-MeO-DMT, but I'm pretty sure the same principles apply.

Snorting 5-MeO-DMT (freebase)?

I find that smoking 5-MeO-DMT is too intense and not so easy to integrate what you have learned in your day to day life. However from a few PEAs that I've tried and tryptamines 5-MeO-DMT is very natural I would say, at least for me.

I was wondering how 5-MeO is snorted compared to smoked?

I apologize if this topic has been covered already.

Smoking is better... I have never got all that much from snorting it.

You can snort it, although it lasts quite a bit longer and people have reported feeling like they might die, with a racing heart and huge bodyload.

According to a few posters such as egor/egore, you can also take it sublingually, as in, hold iy in your mouth between your cheek and gums for 15-20 minutes, 15mg or so, and it's more like a very short LSD sort of experience where your thoughts start going all over the place. I haven't tried this though.

The Experience:

I was sitting with three of my good friends around me and when one of them handed me a pipe with a white substance on the gauze.
‘Is this DMT?’ I asked
‘Yep’ Said my friend
What I wasn’t aware of was the fact that this substance wasn’t the same n,n, I tried previously but 5-Me-O. Anticipating the beautiful sensation of the n,n, I placed the pipe on my lips and inhaled. The taste was different from before and the feeling was quite the opposite. I’ve heard of n,n,DMT and 5-Me-O-DMT as being described as ‘the lush’ and ‘the push’ respectively. What I was experiencing was a definite push. Pressure built around me and it almost felt like resistance to this push would cause great discomfort, so I began letting go of my grip and relaxed backwards to a slouch. Doing so my friend said ‘Good you’re going with it’, and placed his leg upon mine. The friend to the right of me then placed her leg upon his. Where our legs were touching I felt our energies combine in a glooping fashion. Our energies kept on combining until there was only three lines left until we became one conscious being. The three lines became shorter and shorter until they met in the middle. What happened next was partially a memory and partially an experience. I had the undeniable sensation that I had experienced this before. I was standing in a golden lit garden with beautiful waterfalls and plants. I noticed I was holding the hand of a glowing white entity in a human form but noticeably taller than most. I looked at it and said ‘Who are you?’
‘I’m me’ it replied.
‘Why do I have to go back to earth?’ I asked
‘It’d get boring otherwise, wouldn’t it?’ It said.
After hearing that I opened my eyes and realised that during the vision there was movement in the physical world and where I was holding the hand of the entity I was now in a three way handshake with the two friends I ‘joined’ with. I looked to my right and my friend had a tear rolling down her face and she looked away from me. I asked my other friend what he experienced and he said ‘Absolute nothingness. Like Hell’ I have asked what the friend to my right experienced then but she still won’t tell me to this day.

that was my experience, pretty mad.
has anyone else ever had it where 2 more people experience something after only you have had a something?
i felt like this on 2c-b once too but it didn't actually finish joining up the three way thing...
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.