• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

^^ Definitely not dimethytryptamine! I think your first guess is correct. =D ;)

Xorkoth said:
I don't find it physically addictive, and I've gone through a period of two weeks where I took it every day. Other than that though, I don't use it enough to suffer withdrawal.

Didn't Magikal kat say that was from 5-MeO-AMT, not AMT?

But, I do agree that it can be quite psychologically addictive, although I definitely, definitely do not see anywhere near the potential for it that amphetamine has.

You gave me some relief there Xorkoth! =D i find it doesnt really have any psychical withdrawls either i just seem to wake up and feel i could take it again, but tolerance does develop after a while, and i find that it doesnt have that magic sparkle when taken day after day :(

i wonder if there is methamphetamine version of aMT, i dont really think i would want it, aMT on its own is stimulating enough :D

Bare_head said:
i wonder if there is methamphetamine version of aMT, i dont really think i would want it, aMT on its own is stimulating enough :D

I was just pondering what it would be like- sort of a psychedelic speed, if you will. I do agree that AMT is just fine on it's own though- definately the most social of the tryptamines.:D

yeh i would be curious to knwo that aswell, would bet on it being unstable or something :\

I love aMT that much that i wanna try 5-MEO-AMT, but i have heard so many bad things about it ... also anyone tried aET? would love to get hold of some of that stuff, is it illegal in the UK?

Trust me dude, stay the hell away from 5-MeO-aMT... that shit is the reaper, while aMT is like god.

And yeah, I was hooked on 5-MeO-aMT physically and psychologically (still crave it and if it was in front of me, I wouldn't think twice, even though I know I'd pay for it big time) but aMT was only psychological.

N, alpha dimethyltryptamine is in TIHKAL ( see here ).

No reports of any physical dependance problems from many years use in the USSR

I was reading some reports on erowid and came across this:

3. Make sure your experiemental chemicals are clean. If you're like most people and get them through *edited just in case*, note that on the outside of the bottle it says, 'Not for drug use.' Of course, this doesn't mean that the sample is less pure, but it does mean that the impurities in it don't necessarily have to be benign. The AMT I acquired, for instance, had a very large amount of organic solvent still left in it. Dissolving it in hot water boiled off the diethyl ether that was present in mine and made it MUCH more pleasant to ingest.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is this something to be concerned about?

I'm not much of one for trip reports, but I really liked a-MT the main drawback I had which may prevent me from trying it again is that it was really hard on my jaw. I took 25mg at 1130 am yesterday and a 15mg boost at 3 pm, I didn't experience any nausea with it. I loved the mental state it put me in and was asleep by 1am. But my jaw is killing me today.

Last edited:
cubehead said:
I'm not much of one for trip reports, but I really liked a-MT the main drawback I had which may prevent me from trying it again is that it was really hard on my jaw. I took 25mg at 1130 am yesterday and a 15mg boost at 3 pm, I didn't experience any nausea with it. I loved the mental state it put me in and was asleep by 1am. But my jaw is killing me today.

Yeah... AMT can really fuck the jaw like ecstasy can.

I took something like 120mg after being on the stuff for over 24 hours and my jaw literally was bouncing up and down like I had the shivers and every word I spoke came out as pure stutters. Scared the shit out of my friend I was with and she almost took me to the hospital before I snapped out of it and told her that I met the goddess and she is beautiful. LOL

what do you attribute the headache too when you comedown off aMT? i dont always get it, say 1/10 and it isnt at all pleasant. I think it could be down to dehydration, aswell as a few other factors. Ibruprofen usually helps... aswell as a few downers ;)

For the headache its hard to say. It could be dehydration or if after some anti-oxidants the headache disappears it could be free radicals which could indicate a potential for slight neurotoxicity. Its difficult to say though. I normally only get headaches with 2C-I.

I look forward to trying this in a week or two, the reports here seem much more uniformly positive than the ones on Erowid, so I guess I'll have to decide for myself.

Don't start with a silly dose - no more than 25mg first time until you have a feel for the stuff

Bare_head said:
what do you attribute the headache too when you comedown off aMT? i dont always get it, say 1/10 and it isnt at all pleasant. I think it could be down to dehydration, aswell as a few other factors. Ibruprofen usually helps... aswell as a few downers ;)

I don't know... never got a headache from it. 5-MeO-aMT is the only research chemical that ever gave me a true headache on the come down.

I don't understand how to do this drug rectally. I bought some (glycerin) suppositories, couldn't find anything else. I don't know how I can add my powder on this. If someone could point me out on how to do it, it would nice. I found the nausea quite annoying on 30 mg, I want to avoid this. Thanks.

Dissolve it in the minimal amount of liquid. Get an eye dropper. Insert, while sitting, squeeze it all in there and let it sit for about 5 minutes. :)

It may burn a tad. I plugged some 2c-b a long time ago, MAN did that burn.

Oh yea, empty the bowels before hand :)

Can anyone confirm if amt is legal in the UK? I'm sure I read somewhere it was as of 2004 but just need to be sure.

DemonSeed said:
I don't understand how to do this drug rectally. I bought some (glycerin) suppositories, couldn't find anything else. I don't know how I can add my powder on this. If someone could point me out on how to do it, it would nice. I found the nausea quite annoying on 30 mg, I want to avoid this. Thanks.
Do you have the HCL or the freebase? If you have the HCL, you're all good, dissolve in water, squirt up into rectum with a syringe (minus the needle of course).

If you have the freebase (search this website for more in depth comments), add a few drops of vinegar to your water that you'll be squirting up, add the AMT. This will form AMT acetate. It should dissolve, if not add a couple more drops of vinegar and or maybe a small amount of heat. Then squirt up there.

This chemical is a potent releaser of serotonin (on par apparently with MDMA). So, do with it what you will....but its probably not best to abuse for this reason.

I don't think AMT HCl is even available anymore... at least I haven't seen it anywhere. Freebase only. If it wasn't freebase, I'd have gotten some by now. Gotta wait until the summer is over and the heat goes away again before I order any.