• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Oh its definitely superior to MDMA, no doubt about that. Although I don't really recommend it at parties... screws the stomach up too much for most people.

BTW... Should one be concerned about having it go through the mail when its hot outside? Its reaching temperatures of 100 degrees here in Colorado right now (so much for our mild Summers that we usually get) and I don't know if I want to take a chance on it getting damaged by the heat during transit. Any ideas?

^ I would agree. There's no crash and no entirely drug-constructed emotions with aMT for me. I've had 4-ho compounds come in a hot mail truck without degradation, even their freebase forms. I wouldn't be concerned about aMT.

Having just read this entire read, I must say AMT sounds really, really good.

The main benefits I see is that its been extensively researched, it seems to mix well with other compounds and I'm especially interested in its low dose use as an anti-depressant/stimulant.

The positive comparisons to MDMA are also quite interesting. From what I've read, the come-up is worse, but the come-down is much less. This seems like a good trade-off. In my experience it doesn't matter how great you feel on MDMA, it can be hard to catalyze any positive changes if you feel like complete crap for days afterwards...

I wonder how AMT would work as an anti-depressant to counteract the few days after MDMA, it could be of value...

I'm also curious if anyone has tried smoking DMT or 5-MeO-DMT at the euphoric plateau? I fear 5-MeO-DMT like the wrath of God, but if I was in an already euphoric mindset, I could probably take the plunge without fear and anxiety which is probably the cause of most of train-wrecks with this stuff. I'll likely be receiving DMT and AMT at the same time so theres a good chance I'd mix them assuming others have had some success.

DMT is heavily potentiated by AMT. I usually smoked about 40mg for a breakthrough and just 26mg gave me a breakthrough experience on AMT. Just watch your dose or you'll be in over your head.

I'd never smoke 5-MeO-DMT on AMT though... I don't think the AMT euphoria would be strong enough to overpower the 5-MeO-DMT dysphoria and if it fails, the two are just going to combine into one large pool of dysphoric madness and it could very well last long beyond when the 5-MeO-DMT ends.

Oh, yeah, I was never trying to say I like or liked MDMA more. AMT wins when comparing those two, hands down, no question. Man, I love AMT... 8)

This thread makes me excited, I think I'm gonna try a-MT next weekend. I think I have a full day I can devote to it then. Just not sure if I want to take it at home or spend the day wandering about Golden Gate Park.

Xorkoth said:
Did you really mean +4, or did you mean +3? I find it hard to believe anyone could obtain a +4 from AMT (although I could be wrong certainly), and even harder that such a state would last fior 24 hours. A +4 is not a level of intensity but a certain profound, life-changing state of mind. Sometimes people use +4 to refer to an extremely strong +3. You may not be, but I'm curious.

I've "space walked" with 5mEo, but it was a brief thing. that would randomly happen. i was easily takin out of it just by a slight movement/blink.
Like, the whole reformation could be seen...it just didn't happen.

but who's to say that it didn't occur?
tisk tisk, words at such states.
they just flow out to no end/point 0_0

If you're talking about 5-MeO-aMT... that's a different drug altogether... and it definitely can produce ++++ experiences when you take the right dose but you have to get past the body load, which can be very difficult to do.

could i ask magical kat what properties they do share? Obviously one is much more potent and a hell of a lot more psychedelic but i like to know the similarities to it aswell.. if there is any at all

Hardly any, really.

5-MeO-aMT has a much higher bodyload, the body high alternates between euphoria and dysphoria, the mental trip is completely different, and short of smoked DMT, its the most insane hallucinogen I've ever done once you get the dose high enough.

Careful with it though... its extremely toxic and I truly regret abusing it like I did. The visuals were just too good to pass up but looking back, I could have done much better without doing it so much and I probably would have enjoyed it even more than I did.

I seem to be out of the norm. I, personally, didn't find it to be all that bad at lower doses and always had a blast in the end, no matter the dose (except for one time that I received it in place of AMT... my dosing of AMT being usually in the 50mg range, I didn't even think twice before dropping 40... ended up in the hospital a few hours later with my heart rate at 190, my blood pressure and 191/97, and my entire body going number and number by the second - I shudder just thinking about it and I haven't touched 5-MeO since. Its just not worth it and I could have died that night) but the comedowns were always nasty and filled with headaches, residual stimulation that lasted for many hours after the visuals went away, and a discontent with the world as I knew it along with an urge to eat more to bring it all back.

I have an addictive personality so take this with a grain of salt but I definitely formed an addiction to it and continued to take ridiculous (eyeballed most of the time) doses for many months up until I finally pulled myself back... hadn't done any research chemicals in a long time when I ordered that "AMT" and boy what a nasty experience.

did you suffer any ill side effects once you stopped taking aMT or 5-MEO-AMT? i have taken aMT alot and dont really think i will be touching as much of it anymore.. just wanna know what im going to feel like and for how long?

I never noticed anything bad with AMT.

5-MeO-aMT on the other hand... I felt like I was borderline schizophrenic for the better part of a year. Paranoid about everything. That has mostly subsided now but I still have the panic attacks.

I was using a lot of other chemicals too though so who knows what the cause was... but I'm sure the excess 5-MeO didn't help at all.

Bare_head said:
did you suffer any ill side effects once you stopped taking aMT or 5-MEO-AMT? i have taken aMT alot and dont really think i will be touching as much of it anymore.. just wanna know what im going to feel like and for how long?

I have used lots of AMT in the past 6 months, more than any other psychedelic, and all I notice from it is a bit of fatigue afterwards, and a calmer mood overall. I find it therapeutic, really.

Well it was used as a clinical antidepressant in the USSR for quite a few years, so 'theraputic' might just be the word to describe the extended effect!

Do you find the same type of lingering therapeutic effects even after using a recreational dose, FB?

^^ I do, even moreso. Well, the therapeutic aftereffects are very nearly as good with low doses as with normal/high ones, but the recreational doses give you a great, euphoric, and possibly psychedelic experience as well, which, while not easily measurable, certainly add to the therapeutic benefits of something.

i feel they last for a good few days afterwards, unless u take a really hefty dose, then the comedown can be extrememly tiring. i heard magikal kat going on about how he suffered withdrawl symptoms from not taking it .. Is it physically addictive, i wouldnt of thought so

Bare_head said:
Is it physically addictive, i wouldnt of thought so
If there is a physically addictive tryptamine it's aMT. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in the pharmacology of addiction can comment, but if amphetamine (AlphaMethylPhenethylamine)is physically addictive then it wouldn't be all that surprising if its tryptamine cousin alphamethyltryptamine turned out to be as well. I think it is potentially the most psychologically addictive of the tryptamines as well, given that one can forego the psychological commitment by using it sub-psychedelically as just a euphoric stimulant.

I don't find it physically addictive, and I've gone through a period of two weeks where I took it every day. Other than that though, I don't use it enough to suffer withdrawal.

Didn't Magikal kat say that was from 5-MeO-AMT, not AMT?

But, I do agree that it can be quite psychologically addictive, although I definitely, definitely do not see anywhere near the potential for it that amphetamine has.

Is there a methamphetamine version of AMT? Sorry, I don't know how else to put it. I guess methyl alpha methyl trypatamine would be the way to put it. Or is dimethyltryptamine the the methamphetamine of the tryptamine world?