• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Thanks for the help about rectal administration.

samadhi_smiles said:
This chemical is a potent releaser of serotonin (on par apparently with MDMA). So, do with it what you will....but its probably not best to abuse for this reason.

I have tried AMT at 5, 10, 30 and 80 mg without any crash or depressive hangover. I feel a bit tired the next day and then the other I feel great, maybe even better in some way. Nothing like MDMA, though I still took 5-HTP just in case. It's truly euphoric and visual but I don't feel like abusing it for some reason. Thanks again!

no problem! Just a quick note that there is no correlation of intensity of crash to neurotoxicity or long-term receptor changes or monoamine depletion.

My one low dose experiment with it really makes it seem like a unique chemical that is, like you mention, best left for once in awhile.

Travel safe...peace :)

if abused it can defiantely make you feel lethargic and worn out ,, 5mg usually picks me up the day after but 5-HTP is your best bet ;) =D

I really love the chemicals properties, i find though that it is hard to sleep if you havnt got any benzons around :|

Yeah, I must say that when I've used it too often, it makes me drained for a couple of days. Nothing at all like MDMA though. Fortunately for me (as I would enjoy if I could use it daily), tolerance builds very rapidly to the recreational effects. Soon it begins to feel like a nice, gentle amphetamine, and the negative side effects such as sweating and jitters vanish. But that's not the reason I like AMT, so for me, it causes me to take a break.

Me and AMT

As some of you know, I have some problems with my drugs consumption. Even though I managed to stay more or less on track in my life since I started to use again after rehab, I noticed how it got me into bad situations. Going at work on hangover, smoking weed before work, not helping at home, not working on myself and my behavior, etc. I had a mental intoxication when I decided to acquire 1000mg of AMT. A stimulating euphoric anti-depressive long-lasting psychedelic, uh? It seemed like a good candidate to toy around with.

I tried it at 5, 10, 30 (+20 booster), 75, 80 mg and possibly another dosage. I used it orally for the first three weeks and then I administered 80mg rectally. Everything went fine. The euphoria in my body (especially in arms and hands) was very enjoyable. The visuals could get really deep, thought they lacked meaning. It was quite sedative and a bit dissociative like 2C-E. It was hard to focus on playing a video game. 5 mg was probably my favorite experience with it, it was subtle, without psychedelic qualities, giving me a pleasant little warmth in the stomach. I would often thought repetitively how good I was feeling.

I can't say I loved it so much at higher dosage because of its side effects. As I am coming up, reaching the peak, my eyes start hurting as if I was tired. And god, I hated the head pressure. It is mentioned in Shulgin book in one of the report. It didn't hurt or anything, but it was annoying. I got a similar effect from 2C-E but it was less strong and that was last year.

Overall, I would got bored pretty fast and end up smoking weed every hour to keep me cool and going. It was half way the ride and I wanted it to stop. Not that it sucked, I would still enjoy the body high and state in general. Now I was wondering if anyone can relate to those side effects? I have been thinking that it could be that I am somewhat in need of a long period of recovery because my brain is a bit burned. Like you mentioned samadhi, abuse can lead to possible long-term receptor changes, monoamine depletion, neurotoxicity and other unknown problems. It scares me, especially since I became aware that my drugs experience has lost most of its magic. Body effects, impressions and thoughts leave me with the insight that my spiritual progress and happiness depends on my capacity to achieve abstinence.

I trashed my AMT this week. The following day I was given a test: I received a second batch of IT-290. I must have hesitated a bit, but I flushed it immediately. It was the best thing I could do. I had regrets this week-end as well as minor cravings... when the pulsion of addiction fills me, I try to remember that I trashed a lot of drugs and that I had and still have good reasons to stay away from this fucking shit.

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, I must say that when I've used it too often, it makes me drained for a couple of days. Nothing at all like MDMA though. Fortunately for me (as I would enjoy if I could use it daily), tolerance builds very rapidly to the recreational effects. Soon it begins to feel like a nice, gentle amphetamine, and the negative side effects such as sweating and jitters vanish. But that's not the reason I like AMT, so for me, it causes me to take a break.

AMT is one of my favourite psychedelics, has been ever since I discovered it's rather wonderful qualities for myself around 1990. Never had any problems with it, either using 5mg every other day as an antidepressant (no urge to escalate the dose) or as a psychedelic at around the 30mg mark. Generally about 2-3 times a year I'll consider taking some - it produces euphoria like no other drug does...

Anybody who hasn't piped up about AMT combinations, I would love to hear from you - especially interested in 4-sub-Ts and whether they are potentiated very much.

4-sub-Ts seem to be somewhat potentiated, and also changed in nature. Actually, that's true with most psychedelics... all of them I've tried it with (2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-B, 4-AcO-DMT, and 4-AcO-MiPT). 2C-I and 2C-B pretty much just blended in with their own effects, but the others changed in very nice ways to produce a new effect. 4-AcO-DMT especially, when added to AMT, produces a state of strong euphoria and extreme DMT-like buzzing, and jewelled visual displays. I haven't yet tried this, but I hear it also combines exceptionally well with DPT, and a few reports state that it makes salvia much more friendly and comfortable and also easier to remember.

AMT has become my favorite recreational substance, although not my most revered psychedelic by any means. As purely a psychedelic, it's along the lines of MDMA, IMO, except much, much more mentally lucid, with that tryptamine free-association. For me it is really barely visual at all. It just softens my visual field, enhancned color, makes lights all fuzzy like I need glasses, and just generally makes everything appear very beautiful and serene. I very much love the effect it has on my emotions and thought process. It helps me to be totally engaged in with I'm doing, and it helps me to share myself completely with those I am with, without any fear. Basically, it produces an ecstatic state for many hours, but with total mental lucidity and control of my behavior. It mixes extremely well with kratom, and also with marijuana (and also with both ;)).

Yesterday, I tried AMT for the first time. It was only a small dose ~5, just to make sure it wasn't 5-MeO-AMT or that I didn't have any bad reaction to it.

I noticed an energy lift for sure. I didn't feel wired, but I found I had consistent energy through the day. At times I felt slightly stimulation, similar to if I took 1g of tyrosine. Not uncomfortable, but a similar feeling.

When I smoked cannabis, I found the AMT over rid some of the lethargy that I normally get when I smoke.

A couple other things that may or may not have been related to the AMT is that I had "the runs" for a while and I also had a craving for pickles and ate an entire jar :)

As I also received synthesized DMT freebase at the same time, I also tried a few very small doses, perhaps ~2-5mg and found it quite pleasant.

I went to sleep fairly early and didn't have any problems sleeping.

Today, I'm contemplating a full dose of around ~25-30mg...

i find with aMT, the more times you explore with it the more great things you find about it, if you had the runs maybe a larger dose may give you dirrahea.. i dont get any side effects that way for it apart from the must "go to the toilet" as you begin to feel the effects...

It could well have nothing to do with the aMT as 5mg is fairly small..

I find 25-30mg to be slightly annoying at times, u feel buzzy but you dont get as much psychedelic effects (this well could be my tolerance though:\ ) i find 40-50mg to give a much higher euphoria and more of a visual aspect to it. i have heard people can get very surreal hallucinations on aMT but my field of vision is crisp and clear, with sparks sometimes, and also a slight breathing effect with walls. nothing like psilocybin which can sometimes scare you.. more fun visuals, but not as deep.

^^ I also find around 50mg to be optimal with no significant tolerance. If you succumb to temptation and use it multiple days in a row, I find that you need to increase the dose more each day until the dose gets pretty daunting, at least if you want the same effect each day.

Personally, I get no side effects from AMT either, except for sweating (sometimes quite profuse) and energetic tapping of the legs. I get a light headache maybe one in ten times, which is easily remedied with ibuprofen. I feel great the next day unless I use it two or more days in a row (or just too often in general), and then I feel very tired and sluggish the next morning. AMT makes me feel healthy and seems to improve my blood flow, which produces the side effect of making my body feel very warm to the touch. However, my internal body temperature does not change, as evidences by taking my temperature at various times.

Personally, I never get tired of the AMT state and I'd be perfectly happy if it lasted forever. To me it is an intensely engaging and euphoric substance that makes everything I might do on it more fun and rewarding. My favorite use for it is conversation though.

I was mostly just testing for adverse reactions and also trying it in the dose it was originally used as an anti-depressant. I'm still having slight bowel problems today, but I don't think it will be a huge deal.

I just weighed out ~30mg and think that should be enough for a full, but manageable first trial. I don't have to work tomorrow so if it keeps me awake until sunrise it shouldn't be a problem as long as the experience is pleasurable. I also have Xanax, Valium and K-pin if I feel overly stimulated and can't sleep.

I haven't eaten anything so far today, would it be best on an empty stomach, or with a bit of food?

I assume the small MAOI effect of AMT is not enough to cause problems with benzos, but if anyone knows any different, I would love to know.

I have also heard trisma (jaw-clenching can be a side-effect of AMT).

Has anyone found magnesium to help? I bought some 150mg pills yesterday, just in case.

I may also try a few mg of n,n, DMT if things are going well.

^^ I have never noted anything that seems to point to MAOI activity with AMT. I've used it with caffeine, tyramine-containing foods, once with amphetamine, with AET, and with a large variety of psychedelics both stimulating and not, and I never noticed anything other than a blending of effects (except for a few great synergistic combos with tryptamines).

It's my belief that the light MAOI activity reported with AMT was the result of being cautious, and that it has no more MAOI activity than amphetamine, which is to say that every substance that MAO breaks down ties up some of the enzymes temporarily. But I would hardly call that MAOI acitivity. it's just standard for any tryptamine or phen.

But don't take that as truth! Because it's just my educated guess.

I would have guessed its day or two lingering anti-depressant effects are due to its MAOI activity, but I could be wrong.

I guess it could be. But it's also a very long-lasting one with even longer aftereffects. My basis for my statement above is from my combinations with it, and how it didn't seem to react at all in the way that combining with an MAOI would.

I took 2 blotters over the weekend, each was about 3mm by 5.5mm, I think they weren't acid ('ve never had lsd be4) i think maybe their some kind of AMT?

Could have been 5-MeO-AMT (not the same as AMT at all). AMT, however, requires a tremendously higher dose than would fit on a blotter.

So, its been about 90 minutes since I took the capsule of ~30 AMT on an empty stomach.

The "come-up" has been extremely smooth. With most psychedelics I always feel like crap during the initial phase, but not so with AMT.

There are no visual aspects, only a slight increase in color perception and perhaps a small amount of patterning. My mouth is a bit dry and "clamy" but my stomach feels better than it did before I took the AMT.

The best way I can describe my current mind-state is peaceful and calm. There is the odd tingle of bliss, but thats about it so far. I just feel "better". This is very distinct from MDMA and I agree with the assessment of others that it doesn't feel forced. I think the longer action can also be a benefit, because with MDMA/MDA there is always the realization of the brevity of the experience, which can make the experience seem rushed.

I am taking EEG measurements in the background and I haven't noticed anything significant so far other than perhaps an increase in gamma waves and the ratio of theta wave activity to alpha activity has increased (more theta).

Perhaps later in the day I will take more measurements and see if theres anything I can learn to help reproduce the AMT calm/peace using biofeedback alone.

Right now though, I think its time for a walk outside. :)

Huh. I always felt really jittery and nervous during the come-up of AMT the first few times I took it. Nowadays I don't except slightly, sometimes. But it really is gentle, and 30mg isn't a large dose. The best part is hours 2-5 I would say. If you smoke cannabis, then do so at 2.5 or so hours, or whenever you feel you've peaked. It synergizes well. Also, kratom synergizes really well to produce a stronger body euphoria, but sometimes dampens the mental lucidity slightly. The combo of the three is great. If you can find someone engaging to talk to, you should do so. Conversation is excellent and deep for me with AMT.

So have fun! :) :)

e1evene1even said:
I am taking EEG measurements in the background and I haven't noticed anything significant so far other than perhaps an increase in gamma waves and the ratio of theta wave activity to alpha activity has increased (more theta).

Perhaps later in the day I will take more measurements and see if theres anything I can learn to help reproduce the AMT calm/peace using biofeedback alone.

I wish I had something to take EEG measurements! I'll bet I could learn a lot about my mind that way and how to control negativity. If I may ask, where did you get it and how much are things like that?