• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Nice E1! Have an excellent trip....sounds like this one will treat you smoothly.

Peace and Love

I have used hundreds of different substances, and amt is by far the best drug for sex. It feels like you are cumming the entire time and you can last all night. As a matter of a fact people cant help but moan from a massage alone. Not only does it mix well with 4-aco-dmt, it mixes really well with 4-ho-dmt. Also my brother and his wife of seven years have been separated for 9 months and I gave them both amt for there first time the other night and they are working on getting back together. I used an amt and 4-aco-dmt combo for a few nights in a row along with heart-felt conversation to help an 18 year old girl quit using heroin. This shit can literally be life saving. And Governments have the nerve to tell adults that they dont have the right to take advantage of these amazing properties. It makes me sick...

-Peace

^^ Agreed! Performance is not reduced from AMT... in fact, most of the time it's enhanced. And it makes it take a long time to finish, which is often a good thing! Plus, it makes you so happy and comfortable with yourself that sex can be totally uninhibited.

Well just to update, I had a very enjoyable day yesterday. At 30mgs the psychedelic effects were much less than I expected, but I felt very happy, peaceful and content, without feeling like I was even on anything.

At around T+4 I got a slight headache, which wasn't very bad. I also noticed a bit of jaw tension so I took 150mg of magnesium, which I believe helped.

At around T+7 I started smoking cannabis and found it brought out the psychedelic effects slightly more. After the first 5 hours or so, the psychedelic effects seem to become more noticeable compared to the empathogenic effects.

I had the urge later on to add another psychedelic (4-AcO-DMT) but I decided against it, as I wanted to experience AMT by itself the first time.

I also vaporized extremely small amounts of n,n, DMT and loved it . I don't know how much I was doing, basically whatever stuck to the pin I used to get it out of the bag.

Around T+13 sleep came very easily (I took a "TrueCalm" pill with GABA, Taurine, Glycine etc) and in fact when I awoke a few times in the night I found my eyes hard to open. :|

The mentally reinforcing aspects of AMT were also apparent. I didn't re-dose, but the thought was there. If I didn't know better, I would probably take more today. =D

When I woke up today, there was no "hangover", but rather an "afterglow", I can still feel the mood elevating effects slightly.

Next time I think I will try ~40-50mg

:) :)

*edit* Xorkoth, PMing you now about the EEG

rectal ROA-freebase vs. hcl

Anecdotal evidence suggests that AMT freebase and hcl can be administered rectally. Several exp'd Blers have mentioned converting freebase to hcl before administration. Are there negative effects to using the freebase?

Subjectively I have found the HCl to absorb more quickly and have a lower incidence of body load. I almost always use it this way (rectal HCl), and I very rarely get headaches or anything negative worth mentioning. Whenever I take freebase orally, I get headahces more often and more general speedy side effects. However, this could be due to oral administration over rectal, as I haven't taken converted HCl orally (although in theory it would convert to HCl in the stomach anyway).

I tried AMT again today in an antidepressant/stimulant type dose of ~6mg, and found the side effects to outweigh the benefits. I was hoping in might be useful for my job, which involves interaction with many people.

The last few months I have been using Klonopin as I have found it helps greatly when dealing with people, but thought I'd see if AMT could be a better replacement.

I took it around 11 am and although it did improve my mood slightly, I noticed a lot of jaw ache and a headache. By around 4pm I took 0.5mg of klonopin and it made me feel much better and got rid of the jaw tension and headache for the most part. So AMT wasn't as helpful as I would have liked, it did provide some insight as to the reasons I dislike my job :D

I'll likely give AMT one more try tomorrow (~8mg), this time with magnesium, and if the results aren't any better, I'll probably stick to recreational doses from now on. Interestingly enough I found the side effects from 30mg to be much milder compared to the much smaller dose I took today. One difference is that the 30mg was taken on a completely empty stomach and today I had a light breakfast before hand.

I like 35-45mg for a good roll and personal insight, and I like 50-65 for a Psychedelic experience.... By the way using a vix vapor inhaler with Amt works better than it does with mdma. breath it in through your nose, mouth, and let someone gently blow it in your eyes when you are blowing up. Peace

I had much better luck the second time with ~8-10 mg. For me at least, I believe taking AMT on a completely empty stomach is key.

I took it around 10am. Around 1pm I took 0.5mg of Klonopin which really helped smooth out the experience. The klonopin seemed to synergize quite well. It didn't dull the empathogenic qualities but rather seemed to enhance them. As the psychedelic aspects with low-doses of AMT are negligible at best, there wasn't the normal "dulling" effect that often occurs when mixing benzos with psychedelics. Also the sedating qualities of Klonopin were overpowered by the stimulating qualities of AMT.

(* I wouldn't recommend mixing benzos with large doses doses of AMT. I researched benzo/MAOI interactions and even though I didn't read about any serious side-effects and AMT is reportedly a very weak MAOI, its better to be safe than sorry imo)

Around 4pm I took a second dose of amt, and around 5pm had my first meal of the day.

Later on there was a definite psychedelic tinge to the world. I went to sleep around 7:30am the following day and woke up feeling no ill effects.

Overall, I found this to be a worthwhile experience I will likely repeat.

One thing I have noticed on the few occaisons I have taken AMT is that subjectively, it seems to enhance both the frequency and recall of my dreams. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
^^ Yes, for sure. It's one of the only things that successfully makes my dreams vivid. The most vivid period of dreaming I've had in a long time was when I took AMT each day over the weekend (3 days) at high doses and then also Monday through Wednesday at low, 5-10mg antidepressant doses. On each of the low-dose days, I had increasingly vivid dreams, until on Wednesday night, I had an extremely vivid dream which involved pretty much non-stop sex. =D

Over the rest of the week, my dreaming recall and vividness faded until it went back to normal.

^^^Yes, I second that. I used to eat through grams & grams of AMT back in the 90's and the dream enhancement happened back then. Also, just recently I acquired this gem once again (ahhh nastolgia...) and dosed it last weekend for the first time in years, and after the come down I had the most vivid, lucid & meaningful dream in which every detail was easily recalled. I did unfortunately get nausea during the 3 hour come up, but I think I'll try plugging it next time to avoid that whole mess. Does anyone know if the dose should be decreased via rectal as opposed to oral?

^^ I find the dose is about the same rectally, if perhaps just slightly stronger. I use the same dose between oral and rectal dosing. AMT seems to be rare in this respect though.

Xorkoth said:
^^ Yes, for sure. It's one of the only things that successfully makes my dreams vivid. The most vivid period of dreaming I've had in a long time was when I took AMT each day over the weekend (3 days) at high doses and then also Monday through Wednesday at low, 5-10mg antidepressant doses. On each of the low-dose days, I had increasingly vivid dreams, until on Wednesday night, I had an extremely vivid dream which involved pretty much non-stop sex. =D

Over the rest of the week, my dreaming recall and vividness faded until it went back to normal.

The best kind of dream;)

Ive only tried AMT twice both experiances were negligably psychedelic (30mg and 35mg)

With all this talk of AMT Im gonna have to try it out at a higher dose this weekend, probably 45mg. The only negative aspect to AMT for me is the duration

btw way xorkoth, it seems my cats not the only one who loves boxes

Last edited:
Yep... my kitty (his name is Stripeson/Stripey) is obsessed with going inside of things. He spends much of his days figuring out how to open closets and doors, and getting inside boxes. :)

Other than that, he loves to snuggle as close to people as possible, and nuzzle your face with his face repeatedly while purring and rolling around on the floor.

Does the dose of a-MT extend the duration? If one takes just 20mg, is it still going to be a 20hr experience?

I didn't really notice any problem sleeping after 12 hours on a small dose ~10mg or a medium dose ~30mg. For me, AMT doesn't have the mental stimulation or noise that can make it hard to sleep on other psychedelics. A little bit of cannabis and perhaps some Valerian root would probably do the trick.

I'd also like to try melatonin as it has been shown to increase dream frequency and intensity so it may synergise with the dream enhancement effects some people report with AMT.

The days that I was on low doses of AMT and dreamingly very vividly, I also took melatonin, and vitamins B6 and B12 before sleep. I can't believe I forgot to mention that, as I've never had dream recall even nearly that good from either AMT or melatonin alone.

MGS, I don't find AMT hard to sleep on after maybe 8 or 10 hours. But then, I can sleep very easily for whatever reason, including on stimulants. The only way I can't fall asleep is when my mind is racing, and After the peak, AMT doesn't really make my mind race. It fades into a sort of glowing calmness, where during the peak is was ecstatic exuberance. But if you're very sensitive to stimulants in general when you're trying to sleep, then it will probably be difficult. But with a little help, a benzo or even better, valerian root and melatonin, or something like that, you should be able to sleep before the 20 hour mark. Maybe even around 12 hours.

And yes, lowering the dose does seem to make AMT last a bit longer, although it's long at any dose. Mainly I find that it makes the plateau shorter, as if the drug leaves your system at a constant rate no matter what concentration it's at, so that when you've taken a lot of it, it will take a good bit longer to totally fade away than if you took a low or medium dose.

But I don't think 20 to 30 or 35mg is going to make much difference in duration. However, it will make a difference in the experience. I find that AMT really gets going at 40mg personally, but I must be more tolerant to tryptamines than you.

Trying to find a new (to me) psychedelic to try this weekend for a hike. But I think we will stick with psilacetin. It seems like one of the few tryptamines that would be complimentary to daylight....normally I only take tryptamines at night.

Gosh, I loved that stuff so much I doubt I'll even bother taking the pure psilocin.

I had 50mg (AMT) at a festival two weekends ago and had a lovely experience from about 6pm to 6am.

Then it just faded to a feeling og wellness which lasted until 3pm when I fell asleep without even trying to for five hours and awoke totally refreshed.

The NEXT night I had some rather bizarre and vivid dreams, must be said.

Hmm... so perhaps there is something to this AMT dream enhancement.

I have a hypothesis. Perhaps it has little to do with AMT itself but melatonin. Cannabis increases melatonin levels like nothing else (4000% baseline after 2 hours: Lissoni, Resentini and Fraschini 1986) and perhaps the slight lingering MAOI effects of AMT increase the amount of melatonin available to be used as a 'substrate' for the dream tryptamines (Callaway 1988 ).

It would be beneficial if those reporting vivid dreams would include whether or not they used cannabis, which could be a factor.

I have a few books on melatonin in front of me and have found a few interests things.

Melatonin Nature's Sleeping Pill: Dreams Like You've Never Dreamed (page 16) said:
When melatonin is metabolized in the pineal gland, it is converted to 5-methoxy-tryptamine (Hardeland, 1993). When rats are given melatonin or 5-methoxy-tryptamine, they spend more time in REM sleep (Mirmiran, 1986)

Melatonin (page176) said:
One family of antidepressant drugs known to increase nocturnal melatonin in the MAO inhibitors (Brand names include Marplan, Nardil and Parnate.) In one study, healthy nondepressed volenteers were given a dose of Parnate during the daytime when their melatonin levels were naturally low. The Parnate caused significantly higher melatonin levels during the next few hours.

:)