Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fastandbulbous said:
People do die from drinking too much water. It's a psychiatric illness (version of a psychosis) where a person compulsively drinks water and reduces the concn of sodium in the blood plasma to dangerous levels, causing the brain to swell, put pressure on vital areas and stop regulating things like heartbeat, brathing, blood pressure etc

Not a mistake Sherlock Holmes would have made I think...

With the alkaloid aconitine (from monkshood) it's possible to absorb a toxic dose just by getting plant sap on your skin. Just having the plant rub against your skin (no sap) can make you ill

I think you got the wrong end of the stick, the point (I think) eshu was trying to make was that anything can be toxic at a high enough dose. I however do not believe that people here are really taking 'heroic doses' of this stuff as eshu seems to think.

Anyways... re nasal admin:

I've snorted 4-aco-dmt as many times as I've eaten it and have always found it just as gentle and enjoyable snorted as when eaten. Theres no burn, drip, increased body load or shockingly fast come up as with snorted 2Cx. Slightly reduced overall trip duration and increased potency (2x??)... all good

I have a trip report in the works on this one. I believe I consumed close to 60mg the night before last. The funny thing is I believe I have had more profound visuals on 20mg of the stuff. That last final big scoop before I wnt to bed just made me black out :( waste, wasteful wasteful... Like I said trip reort coming soon. Some parts are quite funny other parts quite emabarassing! Oh well, "son cosas de la Vida." All is well that end well.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice alot of people are reporting 'blackouts' with this compound?

Seems like it.

But I chalk it up to the dreamy almost sedative nature of the chemical. You can relax and just go deep inside your mind, and its such a relaxing almost opiated experience that I'm sure you can "nod back" into reality and forget what just went through your head for the last 2 hours ;)

also happens a lot to me on mushrooms i dont call it blackout i call it trance state.

happens to me on 2Cs as well and staring at candles even when sober and sometimes just staring at walls blackouts is normal dont be afraid of the void it is where you live. ;)

I'd like to ask a question concerning the legality of 4-AcO-DMT.

In my country there is no analog act and the CS schedule does not include esters. 4-AcO-DMT is therefore legal.

But does the 4-AcO-DMT available contain traces of psilocin? And can it degrade over time to detectable amounts of psilocin?

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, I couldn't even search specifically for 4-aco-dmt - the search engine gives hits for aco and dmt separately.

The void is not a good place if you lose control of your bodily functions while there. Thats what happened this particular time. It was a reckless dose, but I wanted to push it. I love the void when I'm there, but if you wake up in a mess it sucks. I'm going to stick to doses under 30mgs from now on.

samadhi_smiles said:
... i dont call it blackout i call it trance state.

Yeah, that makes more sense. The only thing that has made me completely trance-out so far is ayahuasca, although I'm sure if I ventured higher with other substances (especially mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT) it could easily happen as well. Everytime I've had 4-AcO-DMT I end up laying down in a semi-dream state which is quite nice. When people say 'blackout', it has a negative connotation for me. A blackout to me sounds scary, like some ambien/benzo/alcohol/psychedelic rampage where you wake up in a strange place wondering how you got there and what your were doing for the last X hours. These 'trance-outs' sound more like a dream, where you physically fall asleep (and remain perfectly safe), yet your mind is free to roam.

Spun420 makes a good point, as with ayahuasca if you are trying a very high dose you might want to take some precautions against losing control of your bodily functions. Of course all this *depends* on the individual. :)

After recently listening to Ann Shulgin's talk titled "psychedelics and the shadow" and a similar talk by Myron Stolaroff (Psychedelic Salon), I think 4-AcO-DMT could be a great substance in low-doses for working with 'shadow' material. One of my ayahuasca experiences I came in contact with what seemed like the 'collective shadow' and could see how it influences to conscious mind in negative ways. I certainly hope its the 'collective shadow', because if its all mine I'm screwed :\

My one really high dose Aya trip was much more rewarding than the high dose 4-aco-dmt thing. With the Aya that time out one the beach I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed. every thing looked like Alex Grey was handling the landscape for the time being. And "god", some big computer or the aliens whatever were beaming the visuals down to me from some higher plane. All the while there was this overwhelming sense that thing were going to be "OK" even though I couldn't walk talk or feed myself/make a drink for the moment. Most intense profound trip ever, but certainly not what I would call recreational.

how long does it last if stored in room temp? and whats the best way to store it?

4-AcO-DMT fumarate (which is as far as I know all that's going around) seems quite stable. I've actually got mine in room temperature right now and have for over a week, and it shows no signs of degradation whatsoever. Although that reminds me that I need to store it properly again.

Like with most chemicals, the best way to store it is in an airtight glass jar with some dessicant (silica gel packet for example, and not mixed with the dessicant but kept separately), in the dark, and in a cool or cold place. The refrigerator works very well.

the mushrooms + psilacetin combo is anything but clearheaded...

or wait, maybe I'm not clearheaded now!! [lightbulb]

Hello :) I have several questions!

In a dream, I obtained some of this particular chemical, 4-aco-dmt. I have reasonably mild experience with psychadelics and drugs in general, and I am definitely looking forward to research with this one. However, I take some prescription meds and I am just wondering what sort of dose I might start with. I'm female (130 pounds) and take an SSRI and Buspirone (buspar). I was thinking 5 mg as a starting dose -- just in case it's 1. Not the substance that I expect (unlikely!), 2. Stronger than anticipated, due to my other meds, or 3. Not fun.

So I guess I'm asking what sort of recommendations you guys have for a newbie to this RC and its effects.

(The last time I researched an RC it was 5-meo-mipt, about 3 weeks ago, and instead of a mild short trip as the previous several experiences with this substance, it was 14+ hours of active crazy, awake until 12 noon the next day, fun, but annoying madness. I was not pleased, so this time I want to be more careful).

I do have a 0.001 g scale, and I use liquid measurement anyway for precision purposes...

And my final question: How stoning is this substance? (Will I be able to walk, basically?)

Love and hugs :)

Did we ever determine how stable this compound is in sulution?
Other 4 ho/aco- tryptamines have proven that its best not to disolve them in a liquid fr storage.

File d'argent i recomend if you decide to do liquid measurment only do so 50mg at a time, this way if it goes bad you havent lost too much product.

RigaCrypto-the 4-aco's always tend to have traces of free phenol in it at varying degrees,though analytical conditions can initiate some degradation as well (particularly if dissolved in an alcohol) and screw the result.Don't count on it being totally free of psilocin.

last night swim took 20mg 4-aco-dmt and within an hour was tripping simular to what you would expect from 2g of cubensis. What swim was wondering is if it is normal to itch like one was on opiates after insufflation of 4-aco-dmt. About 2 hours after the 20mg oral dose, swim insufflated 10mg more and within a half hour was itching like swim had taken an 80mg oxycontin. Is this normal? Do tryptamines cause histamine type reactions?

-Peace

Has anyone tried 5-meo-mipt in combo with 4-aco-dmt? I was wondering if smoking a little Moxy after the 4-aco-dmt peak might be like candy flipping. What do you think???

I became dissociated from a large dose of 4-AcO-DMT, I had a near death experience, I thought I had suffered CNS damage (my legs and arms were numb) it was a surprise, but I worked though it and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

^How big was the dose? Were there any lasting side-effects?

Numbing or tingling in the extremities often isn't a good sign, but I think the frequency of near death and ego death experiences with this substance are due to its pharmacological action (which seems quite similar to ayahuasca in my experience), rather than any actual physical danger.

Have you experienced this before with other substances?

Status
Not open for further replies.