Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Yes. But we're calling it Psilacetin. However Wikipedia lists it as "O-Acetylpsilocin".

whatever's clever

ill be meeting with this one again,at 25 orally...my last experience with 20mg orally was fantastic..after the 25 trial,i do belive next up on the list is a 4acodmt/DPT combo...anybody done this? i have a feeling itd be incredible.

grey_area said:
My feline came upon two small capsules and was told they had 4-aco-dmt and 5-meo-mipt inside, but wasn't told which was which. both are fine sparkley powder. one tan one white. any help?
sorry if it seems redundant but my kitty needs to make sure she knows for sure.

No way to know for sure, but I can say that my 4-AcO-DMT is a VERY fine tan crystal, exactly the same as Xorkoth and BD describe. But there are also white powder versions of 4-AcO-DMT.
If 5-MeO-MIPT also comes in both tan and white powders, then it is impossible to tell. If I had to guess I would say the tan is the 4-AcO-DMT but keep in mind guessing and research chemicals are not usually a good combination. I'd recommend doing neither.

If you don't know what it is, you probably don't know the dosage either. With 4-AcO-DMT a nice dose for one person =D , can be ego-death for another 8( . Not knowing what or how much you took can easily lead to a 'bad trip', even if both capsules are baking soda.

the 4acodmt i have is the same i believe bd,xorkoth and ^ have,very sparkly and yummy looking,a light,pearlescent tan..i havent tested this particular batch yet,but it looks fantastic.

i wouldnt advise that you play a guessing game with this...but if you are bound and determined to do it,keep in mind that 5 meo mipt has a much smaller dose than 4 aco dmt....then again,you really better hope whoever packed the capsules didnt put an equal dose of both chems in the capsules,cuz high doses of 5 meo mipt are very distressing in my eyes.

My kitty went back to the spot the pills appeared and GOD told her that the 4-aco-dmt was in fact the lighter tan powder. Thanks for the info.

I would also guess that the tan is 4-AcO-DMT and the white is 5-MeO-MiPT. I have had HCl and fumarate 5-MeO-MiPT, and both were white, but particularly the fumarate (which places are making more now due to stability and, most likely, also because of the higher dose needed), which was very white and sparkly.

And by others' responses, it seems that most tend to have the tan 4-AcO-DMT batch.

My recommendation, since we cannot possibly positively identify your substance over the net or indeed even without lab procedures, is to take 3-5mg of each, on separate occasions. The 5-MeO-MiPT should be plenty active (but also a good dose) at 3-5mgs, but the psilocetin should be only weak, threshold most likely.

^good to hear, we don't want your kitty wasting any of its 9 lives.

Last night I had 5mg of 4-AcO-DMT with a cannabis cookie and found it very enjoyable. The 4-AcO-DMT seemed to shape and enhance the body buzz and also calm the mind. It was very worth while. Has anyone else explored low doses? I was inspired to try a low dose by BD's post above.

Bluedolphin said:
Doses around 6mg to 12mg have been used in situations where people might want to use MDMA... such as a concert or relatively social occasion, with fantastic results. Given the psychological toxicity of MDMA I find these doses particularly useful.

I've never heard of MDMA having "psychological toxicity" before, only physical toxicity. I see MDMA as more of a treatment for psychological toxicity rathar than a cause.

In a perfect world, I could see 4-AcO-DMT being given daily (or as needed) in low doses as a treatment for spiritual apathy caused by an atrophied and calcified pineal gland.

The medical community acknowledges low levels of other neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine etc. as being causes of depression. I don't think DMT is any less important. Everytime I have taken 4-AcO-DMT it has felt like a medicine rather than a drug.

Meh, the MDMA thing depends, really. Some of us respond very badly to it. Like me as you probably know. When I first used it, it was beautiful and therapeutic, but for whatever reason, despite only using it a handful of times over two years, when I revisited after taking a 2-year break, it had totally lost its magic, and much worse, it caused me to become terribly unbalanced for at least 4 or 5 days after every use, which got worse each time. I would never take MDMA again, personally, because after the last time I felt like it was really causing me a lot of damage. perhaps the damage was physical to my brain, but the results of it were definitely psychological.

Anyway, not trying to demonize MDMA because I know it doesn't do that to plenty of people.

e1evene1even said:
The medical community acknowledges low levels of other neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine etc. as being causes of depression. I don't think DMT is any less important. Everytime I have taken 4-AcO-DMT it has felt like a medicine rather than a drug.

I totally agree. The DMT family of psychedelics seem to be real healers.

Xorkoth said:
Meh, the MDMA thing depends, really. Some of us respond very badly to it. Like me as you probably know. When I first used it, it was beautiful and therapeutic, but for whatever reason, despite only using it a handful of times over two years, when I revisited after taking a 2-year break, it had totally lost its magic, and much worse, it caused me to become terribly unbalanced for at least 4 or 5 days after every use, which got worse each time. I would never take MDMA again, personally, because after the last time I felt like it was really causing me a lot of damage. perhaps the damage was physical to my brain, but the results of it were definitely psychological.

Anyway, not trying to demonize MDMA because I know it doesn't do that to plenty of people.

I totally agree. The DMT family of psychedelics seem to be real healers.

I agree as well. Although I have as yet only had the opportunity to try 4-aco-mipt, I find that for me it has been the single most beautiful compound I've ever tried. The next day after the experience I feel nothing but having been rewarded in some very sacred way- not to mention the utter outpouring of the contents of my soul ( so to speak, for lack of a better term) during the experience. Tryptamines are in my opinion better at causing a fundamental confrontation with your dark side, which is humbling and liberating as well.

Don't get me wrong, I like the phens as well, but I consider them to be more conducive to a group atmosphere. Where as mushrooms and the recent explorations with 4-aco-mipt take on the tone of the lone warrior walking into the dark wilderness without a map or a compass, not knowing if he will make it back sane or even alive. Remember when Luke Skywalker was training with Yoda and he had to walk through the tree and face his deepest fears. I know that sounds more than a little melodramatic, but the reward (if you can call it that) is an increased confidence in one's own basic goodness and sanity on the other side of the spiritual trial. That's just my piddly two cents worth of insight into the matter.

There is absolutely NO reason that these medicines should be outlawed in any way. In fact I believe it is a grave disservice to all of us to be denied these true gifts from the infinite.:D %)

Last edited:
Dbailey you've written just what I was thinking!

I'm swerving my ship sharply at DMT and its homologues (DPT) and its slightly more complex brethren (4-sub-Ts) this summer. They are healing magic.

I understand what was meant by MDMA's "psychological toxicity" more clearly now. My MDMA use has been about 5-6 times total over the last 8 years so it definitely has not 'lost the magic', but the last time I took it was about 3 weeks after my ayahuasca retreat (not the best idea) and it seemed to really unbalance my neurochemistry after ayahuasca had just finished rebalancing it. The fact that I had to return to a job I hated 2 days later was likely a large factor too.

When I get pure MDMA (I don't take random pills labeled "E") I plan on using it as a therapeutic tool in a Shulgin/Stolaroff way to hopefully clear my mind of all the junk/shadow material that makes me fearful of high dose psychedelic exploration. After my experience with 5mg of 4-AcO-DMT last night, I think it could also be VERY useful as a psychotherapy tool. I had a few things bubble up from my early life that I could see affecting me to this day. I was pretty impressed. I'll have to experiment further with and without oral cannabis to see the difference.

Also every time I try to take up a consistent meditation practice I always seem to get side-tracked before it becomes a solid habit. I think using a low dose of 4-AcO-DMT (3-5mg) along with meditation could help me see some results sooner so I stick with it. Its getting pretty clear to me by now that in order to maintain more of the psychedelic state in my everyday life, meditation is crucial.

I think that meditation is key also, but I also personally think in order to get the most out of combining it with psychedelics, it entails a decrease in psychedelic use. Like on the order of 2-3x psychedelic sessions a year.

Xorkoth you did an excellent job describing just what I meant by "psychological toxicity".

Thanks! That's because I'm you and I know your thoughts. =D

I definitely agree that pure MDMA is better. However, ever since I began getting these reactions from it, I never used anything but pure crystals. I had 4 or 5 trials with it, then it was gone and I was emotionally destroyed for a month or so, and when I recovered (with the help of the healing, energy-realigning tryptamine 5-MeO-MiPT) I vowed to never use it again. Which will be no problem considering the high doesn't even work anymore.

Yeah, MDMA just fucks with my mental/emotional balance moreso than any other substance I've used. I hate it. I wouldn't take back my initial experiences because they were beneficial and healing and revealing and beautiful (although not as much as my full psychedelic experiences). But beware MDMA, because it definitely gets dark.

I don't know MDMA + methamphetamine (the most common adulterant ime) is a great combo, perhaps better than pure MDMA if what you're after is an 'up' experience.

MDMA by itself makes me want to lay in a puddle (which is good too!).

I probably won't ever do MDMA again, maybe once or twice with a lovely faerie.

Actually, heh, my favorite two MDMA experiences have been with a bit of clean meth in there I later found out. Of course, they were also my first and third experiences.

yeah methamphetamine can be a powerful empathogenic in its own right. Thats why I'm excited to try flouroamphetamine which should be available soonish +other flourinated stimulants! :)

the only problem is that methamphetamine increases the potential for neurotoxicity with MDMA. I think it has something to do with the depletion of serotonin combined with the dopamine release from the meth.

I wonder if the 'psychological toxicity' of MDMA has any relation to frequent hallucinogen use? Xorkoth perhaps your psychedelic use has somehow altered the functioning of your serotonin system so that MDMA doesn't have the same effect. Since both the classic psychedelics and empathogens like MDMA are working mostly on the serotonin system, some cross-modulation of effects can be expected. If you live most days in a blissful positive state as you often describe, I can see how MDMA may not have much to offer any more.

I'm sure for anyone that has attained a semi-permanent state of bliss (advanced yogis, enlightened/Self-Realized beings etc), or at least significant steps in that direction, MDMA could really mess things up as much as it could help.

I would love to know how the permanent bliss that many of these people claim would compare to MDMA. I wonder if any traditional yogis, monks or shamans have tried MDMA and have commented on it?

(*good discussion on MDMA, but maybe it should be cut into a new thread as to not clutter up the 4-AcO-DMT thread.)

^^^ Hey E1, unfortunately what you say about MDMA+methamphetamine neurotoxicity is just a theory, nothing more. And its a theory that is only backed up by evidence from studying rats.

Further, there was no evidence to suggest that methamphetamine+MDMA co-administered was more neurotoxic than either administered alone. What the study found was that methamphetamine administered after MDMA was more neurotoxic (in rats) than MDMA administered after MDMA.

This supports the going theory for MDMA neurotoxicity (ie dopamine is accidentally reuptaked and decomposes to form some nasty byproducts).

But, I do say that methamphetamine +MDMA is REALLY tough on your body and this is the reason I wouldn't do it again (or either drug alone for that matter). Its just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.