Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xorkoth said:
4-AcO-DMT has a way of providing knock-out trips of incredible strength that leave the user feeling like they had had the most useful experience of their lives.

Just keep in mind that you have to work daily to keep that up, or else you'll regress back to your old ways. :)

Oh, and I'm glad you learned your lesson about taking powerful psychedelics in public at high doses!

Do you have any links to such experience reports? I'm wondering whether I was perhaps on the verge of passing out or dying or something else; tryptamines seem so safe, it's hard to know. Has anyone had any really bad reactions to 4-aco-dmt as of yet?

I am calling Bellevue to see if they have any information regarding what was wrong with me (my heart rate was only a bit high).

Well, two of the experiences didn't result in reports. yoyoman and Church, both posters here (but not very active anymore) reported that effect. As did I. I wrote a trip report, here.

Only thing I would change about 4-AcO-DMT: make it more colorful. So far my visuals have not been very bright and colorful like I am used to now from DMT and 5-MeO-DMT and mushrooms themselves (and 2Cs).

Perhaps the most useful substance I've tried although the insects screaming at you can get a bit nerve wracking at times! 8o

Synesthete said:
Do you have any links to such experience reports? I'm wondering whether I was perhaps on the verge of passing out or dying or something else; tryptamines seem so safe, it's hard to know. Has anyone had any really bad reactions to 4-aco-dmt as of yet?

I am calling Bellevue to see if they have any information regarding what was wrong with me (my heart rate was only a bit high).

I tripped some 4-aco-dmt after a night taking mdma, I had an amazing trip when all of a sudden while having sex with my girlfriend I felt as if someone turned off my heart and all the life drained out of me and I collapsed. Then I felt fine but it kept happening again and again. Really disturbing, I eventually sobered up and was fine though. I put it down to having not eaten that day but the same thing happened to me on a high dose of LSD the week after which lead to the most amazing/disturbing/frightening/amazing experience of my life.

The drug always felt so safe but then this attack where I KNEW I was dying all of a sudden. Wierd...

BongFish said:
The drug always felt so safe but then this attack where I KNEW I was dying all of a sudden. Wierd...

Ditto.

Also: does anyone know whether anxiety from psychedelics can produce hives?

Synesthete said:
Ditto.

Also: does anyone know whether anxiety from psychedelics can produce hives?

I think anxiety from any source can manifest hives.

The feeling of dying is something very common with ayahuasca (DMT, high dose mushrooms) and I think it just may be part of the drugs effects, but there are a number of reports of negative reactions occurring with 4-AcO-DMT that have started to surface. I really think the drug is physically pretty safe (similar to 4-HO-DMT, n,n DMT), but the mental effects can be quite profound, life changing, and not always pleasant (although they usually are).

Yeah I thought my leg was on fire all of a sudden on 4-aco-DMT one time...

and my buddy once thought his body was turning inside out.

Definitely can be physically psychedelic in unusual ways. I think that's all there is to it though.

I've twice now experienced states of extreme ecstasy and self-awareness followed by physical exhaustion--unlike any other psychedelic--on 4-AcO-DMT (do a title search for "Ego Trip" if you care to read), but your reaction it was not. Though I've also experienced trips with it that did not impact me physically at all, suggesting that the physical reaction is partially the result of trip events that were initiated psychologically; perhaps blackingout is such an event? I don't know about the chest pain, but it seems likely that you were just lying funny on your left arm during the blackout. I don't know much about deacetylase in the body either, but theoretically, via the oral route at least, the 4-AcO should be mostly converted by it to 4-ho-dmt, which is as physically benign in terms of toxicity as psychedelics get.

David Lynch’s film “Inland Empire” finally came to my city, and I met it there with 12mg of 4-AcO-DMT loaded in a syringe...

Lynch’s film is a monster lurking in the shadows of a Narnian wardrobe, a world of overlapping fabrics, strange connections made in the dark, and holes in silk, burned through with cigarettes. A world I have always wanted to swim in since I was a child reveling in the terror-charged wonder of nightmares.

“Inland Empire” is a kind of Dadaist meta-film and to say the 4-AcO-DMT added a few layers to the beautiful, self-referential absurdity would be an immense understatement. The theater became an extension of the film, with the creaks of the seats of patrons, unaware and uneasy, becoming the strain of the building itself trying to contain this wild thing from gnashing its way out of the screen. Intermittently the entrance doors would open, allowing phantasmagoric shimmers of light into the darkness as unknown figures quietly shuffled in and out. And my mind was just one more screen, one scattered across these many worlds, letting in dark figures and shimmering light from the cracks at the periphery of my vision. In the film the characters become detached in time. Likewise my mind seemed temporally extended, aware of my how my past was influencing my perceptions and how these haunting images would become slotted for reappearance in the future of my dreams.

The experience and the film were in turn, profound, grotesque, beautiful, hilarious, discordant, and disturbing. Strangely, the disconnected, dream-like images were responsible for the film’s greatest sense of realism. There was something of truth in tumbling through the wardrobe, awash in the plurality of its textures and its shifting threads, something about the depth of an image and the illimitable moment. They are like a puzzle whose completed picture is that of yet another puzzle whose pieces are skillfully hewn together in conflict with their forms, yet the exquisitely fragmentary image produced is a fuller representation of its subject’s reality than the one demanded by objective coherence.

psood0nym said:
[...]become detached in time. Likewise my mind seemed temporally extended, aware of my how my past was influencing my perceptions and how these haunting images would become slotted for reappearance in the future of my dreams.

Someone needed to say that and you said it well. We all know it and some of us know it well. Thank whatever gods are listening that the images aren't always haunting because they always reappear. Look around and wonder at the fact that your life is so much like you think it is. It is because you think it. Images always reappear. What song- standing facing nothing with a road and a past forming behind you, the future swooping out of the darkness and flash freezing into memory?

Eshu2012 said:
If you want to talk to the insect dude.......do the natural DMT...this(aco) is for ....vacations....not soul searching....

These RCs...are not made for heroic doses......

Would that be 'toxic" Sherlock? Hum...they drank too much water....and died?

Not to be rude or offensive, but these statements are a little short-sighted, don't you think? RC is not a class of drugs. How could you possibly know if they're inferior or toxic, or group them all into that category despite the fact that many of them are in totally different chemical groups and each is unique? It's fine that you find it inferior and not for soul-searching, but a lot of us have found it to be very profound, of course different from n,n-DMT, but still very valuable. You know, all psychedelics, even natural ones, are chemicals produced in chemical reactions, just within plants rather than labs. There is no difference, though, they all still chemicals. There are plenty of natural plant drugs that can damage or kill you, just as there are plenty of man-made ones. People tend to just assume something natural is better for you, when in fact this is totally not true in many cases.

Personally I find 4-AcO-DMT to feel much less toxic than psilocybin, and about the same as DMT. They're actually quite similar to me except that I've gotten far more so far from 4-AcO-DMT than from smoked n,n-DMT. I haven't truly broken through yet with DMT, nor have I taken it orally with an MAOI.

I have gone much further with psilocybin than 4-AcO-DMT, though. Just that's probably in large part due to the fact that I used mushrooms as some of my first trips, and when I received 4-AcO-DMT, I was already using psychedelics much more often, and physical and mental tolerance was an issue.

As far as mental effects its definitely on par with the other powerhouses (DMT, 5-MeO-DMT) in regards to destabilizing personality (depersonalization).

Care should be taken in deciding to use 4-AcO-DMT as it can have powerful psychological after-effects (anxiety, tremors, visual disturbances, sleep disruption, etc).

Peace and find your Way carefully... :)

what would be a good oral dose for 4-aco-dmt fumarate???

Would insufflating it be better?

Would that be 'toxic" Sherlock? Hum...they drank too much water....and died?

People do die from drinking too much water. It's a psychiatric illness (version of a psychosis) where a person compulsively drinks water and reduces the concn of sodium in the blood plasma to dangerous levels, causing the brain to swell, put pressure on vital areas and stop regulating things like heartbeat, brathing, blood pressure etc

Not a mistake Sherlock Holmes would have made I think...

There are plenty of natural plant drugs that can damage or kill you, just as there are plenty of man-made ones.

With the alkaloid aconitine (from monkshood) it's possible to absorb a toxic dose just by getting plant sap on your skin. Just having the plant rub against your skin (no sap) can make you ill

OzzBozz said:
what would be a good oral dose for 4-aco-dmt fumarate???

Would insufflating it be better?

15mg should be a good place to start. My first try, 25mg had me blacked out for an hour or two but was still enjoyable and was incredibly intense.

Don't start past 15 because this one is very strong. After working up, you may find that 20-25mg is optimal for you. ~20mg is the dose I use these days when I use it, but at the beginning 15mg was plenty strong, even in the midst of general psychedelic tolerance.

Insufflation works okay, better than with most psychedelics, but I still prefer oral. Oral starts coming up as fast as mushrooms or faster (for me). Although, really, rectal is the best. It gives the same experience as oral but the come-up begins almost immediately and the required dose is much lower, perhaps even 2x lower.

^^
Agreed. Thought I haven't tried it up the butt yet. Oh I mean "rectal" lol

Almost all psychedelics that I've snorted weren't as good as orally. There was something lacking from the trip, or it was a rougher ride physically.

Not so with psilacetin. In fact my best trip with the stuff was snorting it, smooth like butter, no nasty drip or burn even.

I'd say 15mg is a good place to start, but be prepared for a solid trip at that dose. If you just want to test the waters maybe start around 10mg.

And if you snort it you need about half as much, maybe a tad bit more than half.

^ I agree, 4-AcO-DMT is very gentle nasally, no drip and no burn at all. I still find the trip inferior to oral/rectal, though. Although I've only tried nasal once with it, and my opinion on nasal absorbtion of psychedelics is generally negative, which may have colored my experience.

I can't imagine snorting this would be fun. Whats the point, it comes on very fast in 15 minutes when taken in solution.

Maybe its just me, but I HATE dealing with a drip while tripping.

I don't snort it either (except once). I'm just saying it's very easy and pleasant and effective mentally compared to the majority of other psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.