• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The "Best" Anxiolytic?

I took a week break to avoid possible trouble of taking these pills too close together and I just took 200mg of Tofisopam to get to know it a little. I feel nothing so it sounds like another Picamilon but we'll see what a week does. Any recommendations on dosage/frequency?

Valium: easy high, 25mgs = happy days; for about 3 hours.
Pregabalin: Twisted drug. Fun for maybe the first few tries. Nightmarish, shitful and brain cell destroying overall.
Ativan: No results. Zero euphoria. Felt like eating a sugar pill.
Temazepam: black out
Clonazepam: the BEST. But ONLY if you're serious about controlling anxiety and not after any euphoric high; I've never taken enough to get a buzz, but am on 1mg in the morning and 0.5mg in the afternoon. My longstanding, seemingly never ending anxiety has vanished.
Clonazepam all the way.

Valium: easy high, 25mgs = happy days; for about 3 hours.
Pregabalin: Twisted drug. Fun for maybe the first few tries. Nightmarish, shitful and brain cell destroying overall.
Ativan: No results. Zero euphoria. Felt like eating a sugar pill.
Temazepam: black out
Clonazepam: the BEST. But ONLY if you're serious about controlling anxiety and not after any euphoric high; I've never taken enough to get a buzz, but am on 1mg in the morning and 0.5mg in the afternoon. My longstanding, seemingly never ending anxiety has vanished.
Clonazepam all the way.

Klonopin is the most effective benzo for me as well, but it lasts 2 days and then deal with rebound. Even at therapeutic doses it gives me enhanced tactile sensation which feels pretty nice (but that's not what I want it for! lol).

For me, Phenobarbital. 100% of my anxiety was gone. It didn't make me at all sleepy. I was very functional. Zero side effects. And I never felt the compulsion to keep redosing like I do with benzo's. I didn't have any memory problems or slurred speech or lack or coordination either.

Oh, that one was at the top of Honeywhite's list, he considered it the best. I completely forgot about it.

Man Tofisopam is a pain in the ass. Since Monday, I've been feeling different and frequently getting sick to the stomach, yesterday I had a mini panic attack 30 minutes after ingesting 100mg Tofisopam on my way to work. The heightened blood pressure, the paranoia, the uncomfortable apprehension, everyone at work telling me I look sick, it's 2018 all over again. This shit is going down the toilet. So much for a benzo without the assorted retardation, this is a scam.

For me, Phenobarbital. 100% of my anxiety was gone. It didn't make me at all sleepy. I was very functional. Zero side effects. And I never felt the compulsion to keep redosing like I do with benzo's. I didn't have any memory problems or slurred speech or lack or coordination either.
Phenobarbital made me feel like a zombie for 3 days, this drug is clearly a mess. Everybody asked me if I was ok.

There are also alternate view.

If you have ADD or ADHD anxiety can be supressed by Amphetamine (Adderall, Vyvanse).

If you have depression anxiety can be calmed by SSRI or other antidepressants.

There are surely alot more conditions that cause anxiety but the fact is that major depressant like Benzodiazepines (PAMs) positive allosteric modulator of GABAa receptors are effective for most conditions but they come with bad side effects like episodic memory loss, depression in long term treatment, general cognitive dysfunction...

Last edited:

If you have ADD or ADHD anxiety can be supressed by Amphetamine (Adderall, Vyvanse).

There are surely alot more conditions that cause anxiety but the fact is that major depressant like Benzodiazepines (PAMs) positive allosteric modulator of GABAa receptors are effective for most conditions but they come with bad side effects like episodic memory loss, depression in long term treatment, general cognitive dysfunction...

That's not an alternate view, it's a rather popular one that I most vehemently reject. Stimulants very much INCREASE my anxiety. Coffee pills gave me a panic attack for chrissakes. I acknowledge these work as anxiolytics for some people but I'll never understand why or how, it makes no sense. I really wish there was a way to measure neurotransmitter levels in the brain so I can play more effective matchmaker with all these happy pills.

I am also all for using Quetiapine as an anti anxiety medication, even though it is technically classed as an anti psychotic drug. I know not everyone agrees but each to their own.
I've recently started using this along with Effexor for depression and Clonazepam for panic etc and because the entire trio was started at the same time I can't pinpoint which one is doing wonders, but they are DOING WONDERS. I can't even tell you how far I've come since switching to these meds. My crippling anxiety is gone. I'm not at all depressed anymore. I still have occasional negative thoughts that linger and border on panic but take my clonazepam when that hits and I'm golden.

Sorry just re read your OP and you say you don't want something that requires daily dosing. If not for that, I'd highly recommend Quetiapine. What's the issue with taking it daily, if I may ask? I personally don't care if I need to swallow 10 pills a day to feel free from anxiety, if it's that or continuing suicidal ideation, I choose daily pills...

Sorry just re read your OP and you say you don't want something that requires daily dosing. If not for that, I'd highly recommend Quetiapine. What's the issue with taking it daily, if I may ask? I personally don't care if I need to swallow 10 pills a day to feel free from anxiety, if it's that or continuing suicidal ideation, I choose daily pills...

That's the thing, quickfixgrrl, you suffer from a much more serious problem than me. I don't have suicidal ideation and I'm not depressed (though I am disillusioned and unmotivated). It's not so much the daily use per se, it's more the fact that most of these are quick fixes with no long term effect, or even worse, they cause a horrible rebound as soon as you stop taking them. That's too shitty of a deal for me to consider as an option. If I had crippling depression, I'd probably use quick fixers like you do. As for antipsychotics, been there, done that, never again.

Anyway guys, I ate some 1.5 grams of CBD yesterday and I'm both surprised and disappointed. There was no relaxing effect whatsoever, it kept me up for hours and I couldn't stop thinking negative, paranoid shit while trying to sincerely go to sleep. I was tired, had a headache and it was still early so I thought crashing would be easy. Dead wrong.

CBD is pretty much modern day snake oil IMO. I doubt it has much in terms of psychoactive properties whatsoever. I've given it a shot via different ROAs and none have produced anything noteworthy. I've found it virtually useless. It's abundantly clear to me that THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis, the others playing minor, or even non-existent roles.

CBD is pretty much modern day snake oil IMO. I doubt it has much in terms of psychoactive properties whatsoever. I've given it a shot via different ROAs and none have produced anything noteworthy. I've found it virtually useless. It's abundantly clear to me that THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis, the others playing minor, or even non-existent roles.

That's the reason I avoided THC, I didn't want the paranoid idiocy that normally comes with it or be walking around stoned. I drive power equipment for a living after all.
But if CBD is that weak then were my negative symptoms placebo or what? I was genuinely tired and should've been able to fall asleep but I couldn't.

That's the reason I avoided THC, I didn't want the paranoid idiocy that normally comes with it or be walking around stoned. I drive power equipment for a living after all.
But if CBD is that weak then were my negative symptoms placebo or what? I was genuinely tired and should've been able to fall asleep but I couldn't.
I dunno man, some people claim CBD works wonders for them, I'm just giving my experience. I haven't gotten anything psychoactive from it. Maybe you did get effects, I couldn't tell you.

It looks like you've explored just about every anti-anxiety medication or supplement available... If you're not wanting to be on a bzd daily or an SSRI, I don't know what you're looking for at this point. It sounds like you need to turn inwards and look for the source of your anxiety and perhaps consider alternatives that aren't medications or supplements; what those are, I couldn't say. I just take bzds every day and my anxiety is managed well and I'm fine with that so I haven't spent much time exploring stuff like meditation, etc.

Hope you find something that works for you.

As an aside, I find it funny you (and so many people) think it's dangerous to operate machinery while stoned. I used to deliver pizza and I would smoke my whole shift, not one violation or accident the whole time. Also used to drive a forklift for hours daily and get stoned my whole shift, and I had the least accidental damage to products out of anyone I worked with. Some people can be stoned and be completely coordinated. I laughed one time when my then girlfriend's friend wouldn't let me drive after smoking back in college. I was like, "I don't think you understand, stoned is a 24/7 state for me, if you've been in a car with me, I was stoned," and then she was even more worried. I'm like bitch please, your sober driving scares the crap outa me, I trust my stoned abilities over the average sober individual any day. My wife actually prefers I'm high when driving us somewhere because I drive slower and less aggressively.

Last edited:
Im very unqualified and inexperienced to answer this. But one you didnt include, which I tried myself a few times recently. Excellent for anxiety and depression...

Kanna. It is a natural SSRI but surely has a different mechanism of action to the chemical SSRI's and likely does not interact in the same way with the same things certainly not in all cases I expect at least.

For myself, the effect was also very long lasting, especially the anxiolytic effect, with a lasting afterglow. I did combine it with my regular medical cannabis edibles and vaporization and also LSD but I I have been trying numerous different herbs and psychoactive substances in combination with my other drug use so there is always a "control" of sorts.

Kratom, I cannot tolerate it due to allergies and intolerances but I did take it for one month and I absolutely loved it or what you are seeking I found it to be amazing for my anxiety and I have a really extreme anxiety disorder about as extreme as can be much of the time.

Kratom was probably the best thing I have ever experienced for immediately taking away all of my mental agitation and anxiety and woes as soon as the effects kicked in in and instantly improving my mood and outlook.

You never mentioned Etizolam. I have found that to be very helpful with anxiety in certain situations and certain types of anxiety but probably not to the same degree as the kratom for example.

Also have you considered microdosing psychedelics like psilocybin mushrooms or LSD or the clearnet LSD homologues like 1p LSD, ald-52 and 1cp LSD?

Anxiety is one of the main if not the most common reasons people are microdosing psychedelics in the first place and is probably the symptom or condition which has been improved or or helped most in general by the microdosing.

SSRI side effects are far worse than benzo side effects for me. SSRI's are fucking nasty drugs.