• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The "Best" Anxiolytic?

I'm on the other end in being able to eat quite a lot, punching above my weight so to speak. Well, except when depressed.

Gross changes may be visible, macro-scale effects like aneurysms and other larger physical aspects may be apparent on earlier technologies. There are always advances of course. Something may have promising academic relevance that doesn't quite reach the level of a clinical standard of care / practice for the average or general population. I think your doc oversimplified it, especially with newer approaches, but research can sometimes overstate itself in its fields. What is the power and effect of the research, truly, the relevance and reality, not just some statistical significance.

I don't remember how good the study/journal was, but they had an upper estimate of the memory capacity of the human brain at 1 petabyte scales. Even exabyte in some rough estimates with neuronal connections, though that isn't really the same density.

We're making advances, but there still needs to be a greater focus on mental health applications, including drug use. I'll be curious to see where the field is in 10 years, given remarkable progress and machine learning applications. Nature published AI breast cancer screening work that outdid US radiologists.

Klonopin is my go-to. I'm an addict, however the pros outweight cons.

Try Librium. Hydroxyzine is loads Bette than Buspar. CBD is not snake oil but the source and type matter.

Also indica cannabis works wonders, but it's the after effects that help more than the high

Forgot to mention the most promising anxiolytic: tianeptine. Supposed to be a miracle for some people. If I wasn't an opiate addict of the first degree i would be on it yesterday.

tianeptine
I was actually just reading about this drug. It has TCA type design yet doesn't have TCA side-effects (i.e. constipation, dizziness, brain-zaps, etc.) and also slight opioid activity. In The majority of the world, it is used as an extremely effective anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication, and is considered to be significantly more effective than TCAs, SSRIs and SNRIs.

But it wasn't invented in America, so it's a generic if it were to come here, so big pharma killed clinical trials in 2012 and now it's lumped as an opioid by state governments and has been banned in Michigan and I'm sure will be federally banned eventually. A drug that doesn't cost anything AND actually helps patients with depression and anxiety?! Dear god, we have to stop it! We MUST force people to commit suicide/get serotonin syndrome from SSRIs so we can be rich and 'inventive' right? RIGHT?!

So this Pantogam has been going for several weeks now. I've increased the dosage to 3 pills twice per day 2 weeks ago and I can't say I can correlate any positive effect to it. Some days I've been more relaxed than usual so I really wanted to say it was working but there were plenty of bad days and typical days too. And the one day (weekend) where I forget to take it rewarded me with discomfort today where I felt irritated and nervous. Time to start tapering off this shit, I'll go back to 2 pills this week, 1 pill the next and be done with this.

This concludes my trial of all the Russian anxiolytics I selected. I gotta say I'm disappointed. I was really excited when the very first one I tried (Selank) was very good, but most did nothing and one of them was anxiogenic. There's more of them out there but I selected only ones that seemed promising from the limited info I had on them. I'm open to suggestions like always, of course.

Gross changes may be visible, macro-scale effects like aneurysms and other larger physical aspects may be apparent on earlier technologies. There are always advances of course. Something may have promising academic relevance that doesn't quite reach the level of a clinical standard of care / practice for the average or general population. I think your doc oversimplified it, especially with newer approaches, but research can sometimes overstate itself in its fields. What is the power and effect of the research, truly, the relevance and reality, not just some statistical significance.

Well, if the tool used to do the experiment is itself not objective, then that invalidates the whole experiment, does it not? To overstate the significance of one's findings is one thing, but if the findings themselves are based upon results which many papers do not openly admit are not-replicable, that's outright dishonesty and I have no idea how this doesn't generate controversy among the scientific community. Is everyone trying to milk the nearest moron investor for profit while doing as little actual research as possible or something? It all reeks of a giant scam.

I don't remember how good the study/journal was, but they had an upper estimate of the memory capacity of the human brain at 1 petabyte scales. Even exabyte in some rough estimates with neuronal connections, though that isn't really the same density.

PFFFT! Good luck! One petabyte is about one trillion lines of code. Nobody will live to even count to that long.

Klonopin is my go-to. I'm an addict, however the pros outweight cons.
Try Librium. Hydroxyzine is loads Bette than Buspar. CBD is not snake oil but the source and type matter.
Also indica cannabis works wonders, but it's the after effects that help more than the high

How is Librium different than all the other benzos? I'd tell you my CBD source if it wasn't against the rules.
Thanks for tianeptine, I added it to the list.

Librium is used to detox alcoholics a lot. It's slow and steady. Also used for anxiety. It's a good long-acting benzo without the degree of hazards that many other benzos have.

Well it depends on what true objectivity really is at some level. What instrument is objective? Would you end up with some sort of situation like LDL where it is used as a marker but the situation is more complex. I mean taking the quantum level (a bit silly) every observation in some way changes what is being measured, all tools/experiments are biased in some sense. The experiments can provide guidance. Life is biased. How can it be applied? Replication is definitely an issue, though, and there is controversy.

As for petabytes, I think some of the CS and big data people, as well as bioinformatics types would start into that range readily. Not that we are there yet for efficiency and analysis but progress is being made. I mean the psychiatric genomics consortium database has over 1 million people and incredible amounts of data points.

I think others mentioned it but did you try theanine? Moderates some effects of caffeine and stimulants. Taurine somewhat similarly.

Some of the glutamate and various receptor drugs are interesting as well (NMDA antagonists like memantine, mGlur antagonists etc...) Fasoracetam was somewhat interesting but doesn't meet the criteria if it takes time for some changes.

Well, a scale objectively measures my weight, a thermometer gives the objective temperature and so on. But if an fMRI image doesn't mean anything and I can't trust anything it's showing me, what good is it? If it reports brain activity when there is none, all experiments based on that become junk. They need to do more experiments on perfecting the actual function of these tools before they use it to validate other experiments and potentially peddle crackpot theories.

As for petabytes, I think some of the CS and big data people, as well as bioinformatics types would start into that range readily.

I don't think you grasp the magnitude of the problem. To reverse-engineer a tiny program just a hundred kilobytes can take years, that is to debug and map every function of it. Now think about how many of those you can fit in a petabyte and the lifetimes it would take. Far more outlandish things, such as a nuclear apocalypse, climate apocalypse and the like will happen way before humans ever reverse-engineer their own brain.

I think others mentioned it but did you try theanine? Moderates some effects of caffeine and stimulants. Taurine somewhat similarly.

No one mentioned those, no. I'll add them to the list but they sound like snake oil TBH. In which way do they moderate caffeine?
Racetams I need to do more research on. The anecdotal positive effects I heard were only marginally impressive and the horror stories were very discouraging.

Well contextually with the case of the scale, a scale on Earth gives you a weight but say on Jupiter would be something. The context is well established of course. But an fMRI image may mean something but we haven't set a context as of yet, and we can work on developing it for a particular condition. An fMRI certainly has uses, just not as far as definitive clinical uses around that particular case.

I mean you wouldn't say an xray is invalid in that it didn't catch something an MRI or CT would. Similarly with imaging protocols you can develop guidance and interpretations to change experimental parameters and follow/test hypotheses to see if something will work. Sometimes we find the limits of function by use rather than design, especially with technologies that can develop out of discovered functions we didn't originally perceive of. Basic research is often mysterious in how it can produce and extend. As for over-extension of some theories, I can agree with that.

I mean in terms of reverse engineering as a built electronic human brain or some replica, of course that would not be within our lifetimes (If that is your meaning with the map every function of it, I took it as sections or particular areas). I don't quite understand the argument in requiring a test human to test for humans, in terms of validity relative to what we would define as a test electronic human. But in terms of reverse-engineering or reviewing functional components and models for networks/circuits that can have real-world impact, we are getting there.

We partition, we section out areas of interest to attack the problem. Let's take Huntington's. Terrible neurodegenerative disease. If you said you had to review the entire human brain and build a model to study, brain in a box, that could be slow. But we could sequence elements from patients and isolate the data stream, the defects in a particular sequence (repeats in the htt gene) tied to that disease and go after it. Directly target that function and develop therapies to counter it. I used Huntingtin because we don't even know what Huntingtin does but we can recognize effects and target it with real-world outcomes. (An intrinsically disorder protein it is hard to crystallize and study structurally) .

We have single cell sequencing analysis that can take a tumor, multiple tumor cells and track and classify the changes that have happened within the DNA, allowing targeted therapies for different cell types based on mutations. 100s+ of cells, each sorted and sequenced. Tracking DNA, RNA transcripts and potential products. Incredible amounts of lines of data that we have generated useful analysis of because we have built upon our previous works and models.

Or say the sequence of insulin and modifications on that structure with long-lasting formulations of insulin by modifying the sections that bind to relevant receptors or are processed by enzymes. Again old but the degree of effective information was such that we could produce insulin in yeast and e. coli. A reverse engineered and utilized section.

Whose brain would be the true human brain to model? What would be the objective sequence to base off of given the degree of mutations in humans themselves? What would be normality? We would have to define this and choose such a state given the evolution of ourselves over time. There are functions that don't exist any more for ourselves that are in other species. But we can recognize that function in other species and compare changes in the operations of our proteins, etc...

Motifs, patterns, comparisons.

I mean I helped out on a small bioinformatics project (not my research but I helped with the processing) where you took river samples (over time to track changes due to metal pollution) and processed them to sequence the DNA inside, to monitor which species were present from analyzing the fragments and aligning with references.We built up (and later divided/distributed) low TB databases just for the species involved, sectioning out changes over time and later analyzing patterns of change in the composition of species and even some changes within expression patterns of particular metal responsive genes of a particular species (daphnia under some conditions.) (At a middling school with limited resources, a fairly weak cluster of servers, with people like me who don't even do work in the area.)(Goddamn ugly Perl). Could connect changes to conditions and track/model it, combined with in lab sections to determine some heavy metal responsive genes. The connection.

Let alone the programs to model some chemicals and particular interactions. And all of computational biology.

Slight tangent. Sorry.

Oh I'm not a fan of theanine or racetams myself, but theanine is fairly common and you didn't have racetams there.

[Late edit: Man I apologize for the tangents in your anxiolytic thread. Not quite sure what I was thinking. Doesn't make sense.]

Last edited:
Quick update, exactly 2 weeks ago I stopped taking the Pantogam after tapering off it a few weeks previous. I can't tell if it did anything, but an interesting note is that the only day that I forgot to take it, I became a giant edgelord. My boss kept asking me if I was alright, that I look really depressed. Not sure if it's related. I'm waiting for kratom, I had some trouble finding all the other pills.

About CBD, the vendor just admitted to me they were low-purity extracts instead of "full spectrum CBD", but I resent that I wasn't informed of this before deciding to buy it. To hell with him.

@checktest, I don't mind your post. As long as it's more or less relevant to the general topic and doesn't outright hijack the thread, it's fine, especially during quiet periods like this one where I'm out of pills. I promise to reply to it later.

Last edited:
Guys, is Tianeptine sulphate/Ethyl Tianeptine the same thing as Tianeptine itself?

Also, got my results back for the hormone test. I passed with flying covers. Looks like low testosterone isn't the issue.

Hey guys, some bad news. I'm a failure. :(

The reason I've been gone so long.... I received the kratom finally. I figured there was no way I could do this regularly in small doses so I did it in big ones on the weekend for recreation purposes, it felt like a nice mild opiate. I quickly built a tolerance and because it tastes so gross it no longer became worth it so I went on a phenibut binge for months, at one point taking 5 grams of that, kratom and DPH together in one night. I have now effectively undone all the progress I made for alleviating my anxiety and now I have mild depression to boot.

I am ready to go back on the straight and narrow, I have abstained for a month and as of friday I have started taking Selank like I did when I first made this thread almost a year ago. 3 drops per nostril, twice a day, I'm not missing the hole and wasting drops like before and now I have more than a 2 week supply. Best part, this stuff is impossible to abuse. I'm feeling nothing yet but last time it took a week before the happy thoughts started so I'm patient.

While I technically don't owe you guys an apology, I'm sorry for being a fuckup. Because of this stupid covid drama both my social workers were laid off so I have no one to talk to.

You're not a fuckup, man. We all slip and fall, it's part of being human. The question is, can you stand back up? It sounds like yes.

I haven't read the entire thread, only about 5 or so pages, but I know that the OP was quick to dismiss opiates early on. "I'll use them for pain, not for anxiety". I have crippling anxiety. I have trouble leaving the house, social anxiety, panic attacks, just about all forms you can think of, and they are BAD. They have ruined everything over the decades, from my social life, to jobs, my nerves, my health, etc. Opiates, specifically oxycodone, is one of the only medications that has actually helped. In fact, I believe in a more advanced world, opiates would be considered for certain cases of severe anxiety where other first line treatments failed.

The thing is, I think there are many forms of anxiety. I think there are many causes as well. I don't believe you can treat them all the same. Thats why opiates work for some like me, SSRIs work for others, benzos for others, etc, etc.

edit: I read above how you finally tried kratom, and went a bit overboard, and now you feel depressed. Yea, opiates wouldn't be a good idea for you, LOL.

Pyrazolam. I used to take this until domesticRCs went down. It was hands down the best anxiolytic I had ever taken and pray I can take it again. I am literally trying to figure out how to make it lol but seriously I am.

I don't seek out benzo vendors, and I still see it regularly.
Really? Only online right? No way street vendors have it right? I still cannot find it. I have been unable to locate it.
Do you like it? Or prefer other benzos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Online vendors, yes. I've never had it, I've just seen it a few times recently.
Ah. It's so difficult to get bitcoins after I ordered so much from Wall Street years ago and CoinMama and CoinBase won't allow me to buy BTC off them anymore because my ID associated with one of the vendors I think.
Otherwise maybe there is BTC I could get without ID verification but seems so damn expensive beyond belief.