• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Flunitrazepam / Rohypnol - dont feel much

Hey!

I have some tolerance to benzos but haven't been on any for month or two.
So I have some Flunitrazepam pills, and yesterday I started taking 1 1mg pill, I actually redosed 0.5mg more like 2 hours later.

It worked wonders and I felt extremely good and everything and it was a very pleasant evening.

Now the day after I have took first 1 1mg tablet and I didn't feel anything like I felt yesterday. So I took another 1mg pill. And nothing happened really except for a little sleepiness. I think I took 1mg more and not a slightest change.

I was wondering if it would be safe to take 1-2mg more.

I just stumbled across some of these pills and I am not in the situation to acquire some more so I want to have a pleasant evening tonight and feel the same as I felt yesterday.

What you guys think?

Sounds like tolerance to me, flunitrazepam is enjoyable but it's nothing everyone makes it out to be, like the hype.

You'd be fine to take a few more so long as you haven't been drinking alcohol or consuming other CNS depressants such as narcotic opioid pain medication.

Don't drive or operate heavy machinery though!

are the capsules with the powder inside instant release as well or are they time released due to the plastic capsule holding the powder inside?

It's not plastic, it's a gelatin capsule that disintegrates on contact with water/moisture, it's about as instant release as can be, like parachuting. If you are hell-bent on opening the capsules go ahead, there's just no significant advantage to tampering with them, there's no time-release.

Sounds like tolerance to me, flunitrazepam is enjoyable but it's nothing everyone makes it out to be, like the hype.

You'd be fine to take a few more so long as you haven't been drinking alcohol or consuming other CNS depressants such as narcotic opioid pain medication.

Don't drive or operate heavy machinery though!

I have been using Oxycontin, but haven't used any for like a week. And drank like 250ml of beer tonight and not going to drink any more bc I only had that one little beer left lol and obviously bc I know that mix can be fatal.

Well if there's alcohol involved then I retract what I said about taking more.

Tricomb- I actually found a significant reduction in the time between dosing and threshold affects being achieved when opening the gel-tab. It was about 20 or so minutes, so it was definitely noticeable. However, I might have been using them partially sublinqually, as that is the only R.O.A I ever use for benzos. It's been a couple years since I've had temazepam so I'm not 100% sure my experiences aren't getting mixed up.

I sublingual 99% of my benzodiazepines too. However, temazepam is the only benzodiazepine that I don't mind taking orally because it's BA is 96%, so basically 100% is absorbed orally, and untampered with the onset is already very fast for me.

I'm a big fan of the sublingual ROA with benzodiazepines, but what I was trying to say was that opening the capsules doesn't defeat a time release mechanism. I agree with you that sublingually works quicker though, I feel temazepam SL in 15 minutes, and in 20 minutes taken orally untampered with.

You said it takes 20 minutes for onset when you SL it, how long is onset when you took it orally untampered with?

I found that I could shave a good 10-15 minutes off even if I just opened the capsules and took it orally, after washing it around my mouth for a second. the gel tab isn't really a time release, but it will add a little bit of time for the experience to kick in.

Interesting, I remember kokaino was of the same opinion, but I've watched those gel capsules disintegrate between my fingers, and that was just water eating the gelatin, I can only imagine stomach acid eating right through it, and my personal experiences with temazepam show no difference when swallowing it orally.

YMMV

edit: @OP, bunni, please do not create duplicate threads across forums, you created this same thread in Psychedelic Drugs, and temazepam is not a psychedelic.

Please review the OD Guidelines and the BLUA prior to posting again, thankyou.

Last edited:
IYO, what is the most effective benzo for you? Considering what works best for social anxiety and what is best for general anxiety? I can't take lorazepam or alprazolam because they actually cause more anxiety for me. They are too rushy I guess. I have been prescribed clonazepam as well and had more success than the short half-life ones. But the clonazepam made me tired and lethargic at the dose I needed to control my anxiety. I have had a little experience with diazepam, IMO it is similar to the clonazepam, more effective for anxiety but also more drowsy. This is not a desired effect in my opinion. One time, a long while ago, my friend from India brought back nitrazepam. I tried it and thought it was the most effective at treating anxiety with the least amount of lethargic side effects. I don't take any benzo's anymore, but still suffer from anxiety. I don't want to get back on any of the ones I've tried and don't want to ask for a specific drug, especially since I am fairly new to this area and therefore my doctor. I have never tried temazepam, from what I gathered from a quick search is that it has a half-life of 8-10 hrs. and is generally prescribed for insomnia. Does anyone use it for anxiety? Has anyone else had any success with nitrazepam?

Nitrazepam is a sedative hypnotic benzo prescribed for insomnia.
Temazepam is a sedative hypnotic benzo prescribed for insomnia or a night-time sedative.

I had a temaz script for a year, during which I also had a big valium script and was drinking a lot of booze. That was a bad year for me in general, but when I added the temaz my personality changed, which I kind of remember, mostly know from others. But I was such a benzo head I was eating 50 or 60 mg valium per day and taking restoril probably 30mg x3 per day. Interestingly, after cleaning up, I found ome temaz that was stashed and played with it alone for about a week, and stopped because now, with no other drugs or booze, I could clearly see how it changed my personality and I flushed them. It scared me. I'm done with benzos, fuck that noise.

Which benzo's are best for anxiety then?

It depends on so many factors and is difficult to answer on an internet forum.

I can't take lorazepam or alprazolam because they actually cause more anxiety for me. They are too rushy I guess. I have been prescribed clonazepam as well and had more success than the short half-life ones. But the clonazepam made me tired and lethargic at the dose I needed to control my anxiety. I have had a little experience with diazepam, IMO it is similar to the clonazepam, more effective for anxiety but also more drowsy.

So for example you can cross out lorazepam, alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam as per your own experience quoted above.
Many people here would have advised alprazolam, but in your case it isn't a good option (which is good as it is a highly addictive benzo).

You could try oxazepam, it has a long onset of action but that could be OK in your case.

So from what I have read in your post and if I had to suggest something, then I would say speak to your doctor about trying oxazepam and take it from there.

Which benzo's are best for anxiety then?

Benzodiazepines that produce stronger anxiolysis, although temazepam works really well for anxiety too in my experience, but I'm not saying that it should be taken for anxiety.

Every person responds better to particular benzodiazepines, which is why you need to work with your psychiatrist on this. For example, clonazepam does nothing for me, it's like a minty placebo pill. I respond better to triazolobenzodiazepines for example alprazolam and triazolam. For sleep, I like temazepam too.

Lorazepam hits in like 2 minutes and comes into Full Effect in 15 Minutes when used under the tongue since it is designed to stop seizures and the best kick asss quick-acting Benzodiazepines Sedative Tranquilizer,Sleeep Med and or Anxiety relief to Amnesia and Hypnotic effects you name it. Even hellish withdrawals lol if abused and used to frequently that is. It's main strong point is how quick it works that is all it is a fairly shitty Benzodiazepine unless you need something that kicks in quicker. Oh ya certain individuals such as myself literally hillucinate off that shit when I take more than 6mg of Lorazepam it feeels like I am on one gram of shrooms or 2 and just seee words on my computer screen shit and move around on me lol and the walls morphing fucked up thought patterns like a psychedelic Drug most people do not get this effect though but I sure as fucking hell do and it is not placebo in the slightest all to scarily real when it happens and you do not fucking expect it for the very first time trying it. If your like me you might not want to take Lorazepam since the psychedelic mind frame might not be suitable for what ever panic attack state and or crisis you are in or for what ever I am assuming desperate reason you are taking the QUICKEST-Acting drug but if you are like myself and find psychedelics healing if your a real brave person that is..... Unless you are using it for Recreational use which I do in higher doses for the psychedelic Effect to have a blast compared to other Benzodiazepines and there normal usual expected Effects. I use Lower doses for when I need it for Medicinal reasons.

Last edited:
The problem is, that flunitrazepam is one (maybe the most) very euphoric benzo, but you have to stay clean of it for 3-5 days to feel like you felt the 1st day you took it. I've been on this situation a lot of times, for example, it was Monday, i took 3x2mg (at that time they were coming in 2mg pills, there weren't 1 mg pills), i was getting very high and enjoyable, so the next day (Tuesday), i took 3 pillls, they didn't gave me the Monday's feeling, then i took more, but nothing:|, the same expierence you described..long time short, after a lot of tries, i figured out that only when i was staying out of the fluniz for 3-4, or maybe more (for better results..) days, and after these days, the flunit. gave me the feeling i wanted to get..so, (that's just my opinion..). I think you don't get the effect you want, cause you consumed them the previous day, but as i already told ya before, that's just IMO..I think that if you don't get them for some days, you'll get the feeling you want. I hope that i helped you a bit..And don't NEVER forget:DON'T TAKE BIG DOSES OF FLUNITR., IT'S A VERY STRONG DRUG, AND I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO TAKE IT..STAY OFF OF THEM, IT'S THE BETTER YOU CAN'T DO..

MartinFn%)

MartinFn is right about the skipping a few days between doses.

Flunitrazepam is a great "mixer" drug in the following two examples.
1. If you take 2mg and once you feel it working you smoke some weed, it is very euphoric.
2. At the start of a stim comedown if you take 2mg it is extremely euphoric.

When taken on its own it is euphoric for a short time (20 minutes), but then the sedative effect becomes overwhelming and it is best to go to sleep at this stage.
If you fight it and stay awake you probably will "wake up" many hours later not knowing what you got up to that night and this is the dangerous part about flunitrazepam.
Also there is no need to take more than 2mg, this is just a waste of a very precious drug.

OP, I would save those tablets (if you indeed have any left), for the two "mixer" examples I mentioned above.
These tablets are just too rare to be used on there own IMO, and like I said in my previous post, you weren't even sure if you had taken another mg or not, so please don't waste them.
They are like gold and I wish I had some hidden away for a "rainy day", but I don't and that is why I am so passionate about giving out this advice to people who do in fact have these tablets.
Again, please don't waste them.

Ok, I've said my piece.