• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

^ Thomas, how much experience do you have with lorazepam? I'm just curious bc I have never heard of such an experience, let alone had one myself.

I have never heard of anyone hallucinating off benzodiazepines...

I'm sorry but lorazepam does not produce a "psychedelic mindset". Far from it.

Ive never heard of anyone getting any type of psychedelic effects from benzodiazepines or even the Z hypnotics. The hallucinations that zolpidem, zaleplon and occasionally zopiclone can cause are nothing like a psychedelic. The hallucinations i got from zaleplon more resembled dimenhydrinate type hallucinations then shrooms. As for lorazepam it's just a quick acting benzo so it's no more special in that regard then say alprazolam or temazepam. Though lorazepam is used alot for stopping seizures it's usually given in injection form for that purpose. I find it to be fairly useless as a rec drug unless taken with other benzos like say temazepam or Valium. Ive taken 20mg's at a time with fuck all effects really but i do have a pretty high benzo tolerance. I certainly never got anything resembling hallucinations from it.

Benzodiazepines are used in the hospital to stop psychedelic trips/hallucinations/delusions.

Benzodiazepines are used in the hospital to stop psychedelic trips/hallucinations/delusions.

Exactly. I always try and skip my clonazepam dose if I'm taking shrooms or acid because it kills the trip. The first thing they use to stop a freakout in a hospital is a fast acting benzo usually lorazepam. Ive used benzos to help me sleep when the trip is over but I'm still getting some of the afterglow. I kind of get sick of acid past the 10 hour mark so some clonazepam is just the ticket to shut my brain up :)

OP, I would save those tablets (if you indeed have any left), for the two "mixer" examples I mentioned above.
These tablets are just too rare to be used on there own IMO, and like I said in my previous post, you weren't even sure if you had taken another mg or not, so please don't waste them.
They are like gold and I wish I had some hidden away for a "rainy day", but I don't and that is why I am so passionate about giving out this advice to people who do in fact have these tablets.
Again, please don't waste them.

I have about 2mg left of them and I am going to save them. I live in Europe.. Iceland to be exact and I can get enough of these pills if I like to. I am just far from the capital right now where all the stuff is and won't be back there until a week or so. But Im not a heavy/steady benzo user but I like having powerful benzos once in a while ;)

I have about 2mg left of them and I am going to save them. I live in Europe.. Iceland to be exact and I can get enough of these pills if I like to. I am just far from the capital right now where all the stuff is and won't be back there until a week or so. But Im not a heavy/steady benzo user but I like having powerful benzos once in a while ;)

Good to hear that.
:)

valium = comedown cure ? or not ?

i have never taking valium before but got my hands on some not long ago. After a long night out on MDMA and speed ( not meth ) i took 2x pill 10mg each and it took away that twitching, i couldnt fall a sleep so i took 2x more few hours later and 1x more again. I got few hours sleep and woke up feeling fine ! however i eneded up sleeping whole next day and pretty much all day after, also felt very aggressive for some reason and 2 days later still feeling very tired and find it hard to focus.

I really liked how it cured comedown effects but valium after effects lasted for way to long... like 2-3 days. Is it normal ? how much mg's of Valium should i take so it dont last so long ?

I've used diazepam for comedians a few times. It definitely takes the edge off, relaxes and facilitates sleep. That being said I generally end up dosing like you in ever increasing amounts until I pass out.

Everyone's different and the dose depends on your motivation but if you took 50mg and it was too mug try 30 or 40.

I don't know of the aggression is a result of the Valium, possibly a combo of low seratonin and reduced inhibition but the Valium shouldn't affect you for more than 24 hours or so

Valium's a long acting benzo - has a half life of around 24 hours that's why I generally tend to avoid it (need to have my wits about me during the day). I'd go for a short acting benzo for come downs, one of the hypnotic benzos like midazolam, loprazolam, lormetazepam etc. Their half lives are 6 - 8 hours.

Diazapam or brand name Valium is dessigned for GAD and WD (from other drugs) good all rounder.

It lasts ages so what you say is fine but even 2-3 a week and you WILL get dependent people even once. So if you party 1-2 a month you would be ok but more often you need a shorter acting one

I think you were impatient hoping it to KO you and overdosed mate non fatal, just took too much I mean, a starter dose is 20-30mg - 40mg and no more

Trick is to wait after md, phet dies and you're comin down and in that state of want to go to sleep or not sure - sub 30mg and chill till you wake.

GHB/GBL not a benzo but good
Midazolam VERY STRONG sedation and short and can be snorted
Alprazoram XANAX 1-2mg is all but I just saw you're rom thrm UK

THIS CHART SHOWS BASED ON A HL OF 36 HR (THOUGHT IT WAS 24HR MYSELF IN THAT CASE IT'S 50% FASTER OUT YOU) WHEN YOU TAKE 30MG OR 40MG OR YOUR 50MG THAT IT'S STILL THERE HALF WEEK. IMAGINE 2-3/WEEK?
an eg: SUN 8am BACK FROM A RAVE 30 / 40 / 50mg diazapam down
MON 8PM 15 / 20 /25
WED 8AM 7.5 / 10 / 12.5
THUR 8PM 3.5 / 5 / 6.5
sat 8AM 1.75 / 2.5 / 3.25 <<<<<<<<< BARELY IN YOUR SYS BUT STILL ITS THE WEEKEND AGAIN!!

I find valium perfect for my anxiety attacks because of the long (half life) I can take 10-15 mg's @ 11pm and (once it has built up in my system) I can rely on it to keep an attack away into the early evening the next day, which is also ideal, because I rarely have an anxiety attack at home...

mdma and speed combo is sure euphoric but definately ranks towards the top of worst comedowns ever.

I actually find seroquel to be more useful because it gives you more restful sleep than valium. However, valium is also a good choice.

I think the aggression or aggrevation is a result of the MDMA and Speed (together and singularly).
I think these psychological issues would have been even stronger if you didn't take the valium.
What you experienced is known as the Tuesday blues

"A well-known phenomenon among Ecstasy users. If you spend your weekend rolling, chances are your serotonin will bottom out on Tuesday, leaving you with a depression that could be anywhere from mild to severe. May only last the day, or may stretch out over the rest of the week, depending on the person."

The valium just made the comedown easier and let you sleep, thus hitting the "Tuesday Blues" when you woke up. In other words, you woke up directly into the "Tuesday Blues" and didn't actually go through Sunday and Monday, so you basically went from 100mph to minus 50mph after one sleep(hope this makes sense).
In future if you are aware of this "syndrome" you can take certain measures to avoid the "post crash blues", which I assume is what you meant when you said you "also felt very aggressive for some reason and 2 days later still feeling very tired and find it hard to focus".

So is Temazepam the only benzodiazepine which actually improves sleep quality? Yet it eats away organic brain matter? haha

Last edited:
Zopiclone is not technically a benzo, but it is structually related to one.
Both Zopiclone and Temazepam do not diminish the total effects of REM sleep.
So technically Temazepam is the only benzo that improves sleep quality (obviously only in patients that are insomniacs - Temazepam won't improve sleep for a person who doesn't have insomnia or trouble sleeping).
But Zopiclone would be an alternative to Temazepam in quality of sleep (REM sleep), and "might" have slightly less addictive properties to Temazepam, but withdrawal from both these drugs would be pretty much the same.

Can't comment on the "eats away organic brain matter" question, but I highly doubt that it does at normal doses.

Benzos like Diazepam/Valium can make people short tempered or aggresive at times--ive experienced myself and seen many others go through it as well, its kinda paradoxical, and I could only speculate on the physiological causes, but it def happens... Just remember its the drugs making u react like that and u normally would never act that way and ull be fine...

Diazepam is very long lasting and more sedating than the other short acting benzos like xanax, so it will make you groggy and sleepy for a few days after you take it. Large doses of most any benzo will give you this lethargic sleepy hangover feeling, but valium especially. So combined with the mdma+speed hangover, u will def b sleepy for a few days.
Try taking a short acting benzo instead to reduce the hangover effects and wait as long as possible to dose so that you won't need to redose/take more throughout the nighti--the longer u wait b4 dosing the stronger that dose will feel