• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i shot up 15$ worth of black at 11-12pm and did a rinse shot at 8-9pm yesterday after i woke up (ya kno when u wake up cause u cant sleep anymore) i couldn't get out of bed so took i took 1 full 8 mg and split it in half nd laid there still feeling the same as when i woke up i got my laptop then took another strip and waited still nothing then smoked like a 20 of crystal then took another strip and laid down researching why i don't feel the suboxone and then after 45 mins of that i took my last 4th 8mg strip nd still nothing i feel like it isn't working or did not dissolve right cause usually like when i quit a year ago i felt it like it normally should work but im not feeling anything the only reason i think im okay is cause i took half a white xanax bar

(i was shooting at least 20-30$ of heroin a day since i cant even remember, i haven't taken suboxone in a year and even then it was only for a few days)

(im going to call my guy soon once i can get a ride so either way if its in my receptors im still going to try and see if it works)

i was wondering basically if it could be bas strips or they didn't dissolve right or anything please help ive been looking online ever since

okay so i shot up 15$ worth of black at 11-12pm and did a rinse shot at 8-9pm yesterday after i woke up (ya kno when u wake up cause u cant sleep anymore) i couldn't get out of bed so took i took 1 full 8 mg and split it in half nd laid there still feeling the same as when i woke up i got my laptop then took another strip and waited still nothing then smoked like a 20 of crystal then took another strip and laid down researching why i don't feel the suboxone and then after 45 mins of that i took my last 4th 8mg strip nd still nothing i feel like it isn't working or did not dissolve right cause usually like when i quit a year ago i felt it like it normally should work but im not feeling anything the only reason i think im okay is cause i took half a white xanax bar

(i was shooting at least 20-30$ of heroin a day since i cant even remember, i haven't taken suboxone in a year and even then it was only for a few days)

(im going to call my guy soon once i can get a ride so either way if its in my receptors im still going to try and see if it works)

i was wondering basically if it could be bas strips or they didn't dissolve right or anything please help ive been looking online ever since

What do you mean it's "not working"? It didn't get you high? Or you aren't feeling relief from withdrawals? Bupe doesn't really get you high. You just feel ok. The rest is up to you. I'm not really sure what you're asking I guess.

Also, the longer you wait before dosing, the better results. Even after a cotton shot. Some people have good luck dosing suboxone like 4 hours after heroin. Personally, that's not me, I need 18 hrs even if a small amount of dope/oxys to get well.

Also, captain h, sorry, have not had good luck PMing in the past - assumed it was due to greenlighter status. I know you were dosing micrograms a day, IV. I was wondering if possible to follow an equivalent dosing schedule sublingual, to maximise effects etc. I am also dosing for pain as well as addiction. Was curious as to your thoughts.

Am I right in assuming you took 24mg of subs? That's not going to get you high. Less is more with subs. Too many people are impatient n keep re-dosing. Try dosing 2-4mg give it an hour n see how you feel.

If you are not trying to get high n are trying to ward off withdrawals also start low the first day - 2-4 mg n re-dose every-say, 2 hours or so.

When you say crystal, are you talking about crystal meth or as another name for heroin? If H, I wouldn't recommend dosing suboxone with ANY over opiate. It can make you extremely ill.

Hope that helps.
Evey

Oh hell. Last week my wife & I cut down to 3or4mgs once or twice a day. Friday we did our last strip. Saturday was pretty bad, but I am now sicker than I can ever remember being. Tomorrow is a holiday, and our dr is out, and I dont know if the fill in can or will write suboxen. If not fuc& it, my mom is scripted 120 roxis and. she will help me out. She use to give me 90 every month! That would last maybe a week for us. Just knowing I can get a pill or ten is added torture to the bupe withdraw. What type of fresh twisted hell is this?
To those that answered my ladt post, Thanx.
Do the symptoms of bupe wd keep getting worse, or do they level out in a few days. I havent had or wanted a pill in eight months. Till right now at this instance.

I have a question or two about low dosr Iv bupe too. Like, I have been without all weekend, if I get my boxin tomortow, would I be able to start low dose without being deathly ill all week?

I have a question or two about low dosr Iv bupe too. Like, I have been without all weekend, if I get my boxin tomortow, would I be able to start low dose without being deathly ill all week
no man if you wanna do that then try another month without to detox you have to work your dose down you have been on extremely high doses for a while now so you will have to taper down to under 2mgs then you will be able to use small doses and get the most for your money a 8mg strip could last yourself a week and get you higher than you were on 8mg+ so why not do it you will feel some discomfort at first while tapering but you can do it slow and soon enough you will be getting high and comfortably numb dosing micrograms of bupe saving money cause you figured out the secret that with buprenorphine LESS IS MORE LESS IS MORE stick to under 2mgs each day split up into 3 or 4 doses a day and you will be pleasantly high each dose and not just getting by so your not sick. this way if you want to get an extra kick to your buzz you could dose a whole 2 or 3 mgs at once and smoke a joint start feeling like you can do anything and wonder why you wasted so much money doing large doses and feeling absolutely nothing the whole time except normal.

Last edited:
Also, captain h, sorry, have not had good luck PMing in the past - assumed it was due to greenlighter status. I know you were dosing micrograms a day, IV. I was wondering if possible to follow an equivalent dosing schedule sublingual, to maximise effects etc. I am also dosing for pain as well as addiction. Was curious as to your thoughts.

Yes you can minimize nausea

I am actually 166 days off suboxone and am trying my best to be happy and functional without it.

What dosage are you at now? Splitting up a single daily dose to a few per day smaller doses can help reduce nausea.

I have had nausea during acute buprenorphine effects and during withdrawal.

Antihistamines and Weed really help with the nausea.

I know your asking The Captain, but I am both expierenced/knowledgable about this.

Knowing your tolerance would help, though. You may have mentioned it before, I'll have to check.

But, it will be hard converting IV to sublingual dosing. Because the half-life of IV/IM buprenorphine is MUCH shorter than sublingual, combined with the higher BA, IV is exponentially more potent than sublingual, but shorter acting.'
(For the record, the half-life of IV buprenorphine is 1.5-7h, mean roughly 3.5, sublingual 12-40h, mean 24-30)

The long half-life will also make it harder to do what cap H did, because plasma levels won't fluctuate as much, prolonged exposure to such a potent substrate leads to even more rapid tachyphylaxis, and other reasons I won't go into.

For pure maintenance, sublingual is the gold standard, but for what your looking for, I'd start with 250-375mcg, you could even go 125mcg. Remember, you need to lower your tolerance as much as possible to maximize the effects of bupe.

I know in Cap's case, he got down to doing very small doses, like 64mcg, but that took him a while, and as you already know, he eventually quit.

And fun fact: The analgesic dose of sublingual buprenorphine for the opioid naive? 200-400mcg!(but usually BID, and sometimes even TID for analgesic purposes)

Great my response just disappeared :/

Anyways I dose between 4-6 mg a day right now. I just can't seem to get lower, even though I had. Once a month I have to take my scripted dose for 2-3 days to pass a drug test. It really messes up my lowering. I don't ever seem to get below 3 mg a day though. I don't get anything off those low doses right now. I think my tolerance is too high.

I'm open to anyone's answers lol I just knew I had seen him talking about dosing micrograms of bupe and actually feeling good.

And yes Lorne .2 or .4... Temgesics lol found em on a Mexican pharmacy once ages ago too.

^Your free to message him, but as I said, you can't imitate what he did sublingualy.

But, you could do it intranasaly. Are you taking the strips? If your looking for ANY sort of enjoyable effect, sublingualy won't really work. Again, it is the fluctuation in plasma levels that gives those "highs" and "lows".

Of course, lowering your tolerance helps, A LOT. Even 48h without a dose could make huge difference.

But sublingual is a lot weaker than any other BA(except rectal) so I would go with intranasal. Then if you really want to follow the captain, just double(or more likely triple) his doses. But at your tolerance, I'd really try to go 48h(at least 36) then take 2mg intranasal.
If you took an extended break(3-4 days) you could snort 0.5-1mg at a time and feel great. But no matter what tachyphlaxis with buprenorphine is sickeningly fast. Captain Heroin exemplifies YMMV.

Newbie Subutex back 2 Opiates

This is my first post so pls I'm not trying to annoy anyone I just need any advice .
Ok, 8 months ago I went on Subutex to kick a OXY habit of 80mg about 3 x times daily. I was on 12 mg Subutex which I IVD. During these past two weeks weeks I have skipped doses due to running out and jot being able to find any. The days I did u I used 8 mg 1xdaily, with days I between. Ok on Wednesday of this past week I did 8 mg about 9 am. Then on Thursday I did less than 2 mg at 1 pm I haven't had any subs since then, but I have tried to get high everyday since Sunday my highest dose being at 90mg. I think the oxy has kept me from the withdraws. My question is I'm going on 96 hrs of no Subutex and I can't feel 90mg oxy . My withdraws are being held by the oxy I have tried. Is it I've not given it enough time or is it my tolerance ? Is there anything I should be looking for or upping my dose of oxy? I'm completely miserable on subutex I gain so much weight and stay swollen. I just wanted a break. Please any advice is appreciated. Thank u

Great my response just disappeared :/

Anyways I dose between 4-6 mg a day right now. I just can't seem to get lower, even though I had. Once a month I have to take my scripted dose for 2-3 days to pass a drug test. It really messes up my lowering. I don't ever seem to get below 3 mg a day though. I don't get anything off those low doses right now. I think my tolerance is too high.

I'm open to anyone's answers lol I just knew I had seen him talking about dosing micrograms of bupe and actually feeling good.

And yes Lorne .2 or .4... Temgesics lol found em on a Mexican pharmacy once ages ago too.

I dose micrograms sublingual with good results I used to IV 0.2-0.5mgs but now I sublingually take 0,3 every 6 hours at the moment I'm staying here. I just rub thecrushed up pill into the veins on the bottom of my tounge And sometimes snort it but snorting is pretty close to sublingual use

Bupes & subutex help!

This last relapse, SWIM has been using about 1g of heroin a day for last 10 months. Within this time, SWIM tried detoxing with 8 mg suboxone after 24 hrs of no use and have gotten precipitated wds. In the past, with similar habit SWIM would only take a piece and be fine. Well SWIM got some subutex and IVd 4mg 24 hrs after use because SWIM couldn't ingest with extreme vomiting. Didn't do much so SWIM did the other 4mg and could swear my legs were even more restless and achey than before. Has anyone had similar problems or advice. Can you still get precip wds from subutex. Does bupes cause restless legs for many. SWIM can't do cold turkey so that's out of question

Sorry it wouldn't let me post in other drugs

Last edited by a moderator:
no need to apologise.

if you're having problems posting, please visit this thread in our support forum.

i kindly ask however that you remove "swim" and any other variants from your post. it makes your post hard to read and it's also prohibited as per the site rules.

homeless -> other drugs (suboxone megathread)

welcome to bluelight.

The thing is, the 12 mg of sub you were IVing is so much stronger than 90 mg oxy. Lots of people don't realize how strong bupe is. That 12 mg is equal to 36 mg taken sublingually. It might take longer to work your tolerance down to "feel" 90 mg bupe. At what you were taking you most definitely raised your tolerance.

You could either wait longer, or get back on bupe and lower your tolerance. There's no need to IV 12 mg a day. Many people on here have had success with low doses of bupe. For example I started out at 16, went up to 20, then found I could lower with little to no wd. I went down to 6 mg a day immediately and have lowered to 1-3 mg since then. At these low doses, your tolerance will get lower and you can feel your DOC.

This is my first post so pls I'm not trying to annoy anyone I just need any advice .
Ok, 8 months ago I went on Subutex to kick a OXY habit of 80mg about 3 x times daily. I was on 12 mg Subutex which I IVD. During these past two weeks weeks I have skipped doses due to running out and jot being able to find any. The days I did u I used 8 mg 1xdaily, with days I between. Ok on Wednesday of this past week I did 8 mg about 9 am. Then on Thursday I did less than 2 mg at 1 pm I haven't had any subs since then, but I have tried to get high everyday since Sunday my highest dose being at 90mg. I think the oxy has kept me from the withdraws. My question is I'm going on 96 hrs of no Subutex and I can't feel 90mg oxy . My withdraws are being held by the oxy I have tried. Is it I've not given it enough time or is it my tolerance ? Is there anything I should be looking for or upping my dose of oxy? I'm completely miserable on subutex I gain so much weight and stay swollen. I just wanted a break. Please any advice is appreciated. Thank u

CT from 24mg starting next wednesday, wish me luck!

Day two no bupe, really feel pretty much ok atm. Slight aches and pains and my guts are funny but my detox meds are covering most of the wd so far, although I know the worst is to start on day three or four.

Status
Not open for further replies.