• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I moved your post to the Suboxone/subutex megathread so ypu can get more answers and not de rail the other persons thread.

If your feeling better its most likely the sub because it does eventually kick in after precipitated withdrawal. If you never felt the heroin then it means the receptors were blocked by the subutex and none got attached. I would take more Suboxone once you feel withdrawal symptoms again you will be fine if you are in withdrawal. If your not in withdrawal and take the sub anyways most lileu nothing will happen but why take more if you don't need it at the moment.

From what I understand about subs you are supposed to wait at least 24 hours.
You have to be in withdraw as I was told.
For methadone, you need to wait 4 f..ing days.
I´m pretty sure withdraw methadone would most likely kill me before I reach 4 days.
One may seriously need to go through a lot to be able to change to better medication.

Oh thank you Doc for moving it, i am new to this site and am still learning just how to navigate it. At that time early this morning I hadn't intended on doing anything right then. I was just not sure which one I should be continuing on with when I did need it... and apparentaly made the incorrecr choice out of fear.......I've tried this subutex thing 2 times with failing both times...and going into the precip withdrawals.... I know I'm supposed to wait until withdrawal symptoms kick in before taking any sub and which I feel like I did. This last set of precip. withdrawals last nighy scared me so bad, I feel almost mentally scarred from it, similar to PTSD like the drug is evil but I know it isn't mentally... like I have watched my fiancé successfully kick his habit twice using this (he relapsed due to being with me watching me constantly getting H) we both want this sobriety very much...so much I can taste it...he finally kicked his habit again and now I'm ready to do this for myself, him, and our children.. I guess I did the wrong thing today because I wasn't sure which one to do a hour or so ago so I went with what I knew for sure wouldn't make me sick..the H.

I'm very disgusted with myself and this I had blocked off 3 days off work and 3days without children to get on the subs and it seems I've failed again...

so my next question is if I be sure to wait more than long enough until I cannot handle the sickness anymore do you think that I will feel well enough to work once I do the sub or will I still have a day of feeling miserable before it kicks in? I just do not know how this works and I intend to wait 24hrs or more no matter if my symptoms of withdrawal kick in way before that time I will still wait... how much relief does this actually give? I just want to feel normal again.

Hey there your welcome glad to hear your making a change it really is worth it I tell you:) It's great to have such a useful tool to help people like us who have strayed down the wrong path and want our life back.

Some people feel slightly off the first day on sub's but if you use it right without precipitated withdrawal occurring then yes you should be able to do everything you did on heroin the sickness will go away like it did when you would do heroin but the high won't be quite as strong as heroin of course. Some people may miss the ritual of doing the heroin the whole process of shooting up the taste of dope etc but your physical symptoms should go away completely either the first or second day on it depending on how big your habit was.

Subutex is actually a pretty strong opiate it just doesn't work as strongly on the receptors responsible for euphoria like heroin does. It works wonders for me and I was a really bad heroin addict. Just gotta find the right dose for you I would try dosing in 2 or even 1mg increments if your worried about precipitated withdrawal. The lower the dose you do as your first one the less chance you have of going into precipitated withdrawal. If you take one big dose after waiting to take them then if you go into precipitated withdrawal they will be really bad. I usually take a 1mg chunk then see if I feel like I'm going into precipitated withdrawal and if I'm still fine a half hour later then I go and take another 2 or 4 mgs whatever it is that will hold me based itn how much dope I was doing previously.

Last edited:
Look, it ain't that hard to avoid precip withdrawals. I never wait 24 hrs before dosing sub, no way I could make that long. I usually wait about 12-14 hours at MOST and ive never had precip withdrawals. The key is, the size of your last dose of heroin. I have taken sub as little as 4 or 5 hrs after my last dose of heroin with no problem, but in that case my last dose of heroin was a micro dose. Basically, as youre going into wd from the heroin, you can inject tiny doses of heroin to make you feel a little better but without totally filling your receptors like a big dose. Then you can transition onto the sub much sooner. Also, like the guy above me said, you should start very low on your sub dosing. The most painless way to transition is actually to keep some heroin around, start very low on the sub and then do some heroin on top of the sub if you are still sick. For me, it used to take 4-6 days just to feel normal on the sub if I tried to go from a big heroin habit straight to sub.

But I have a lot of experience withdrawing from opiates now and I can honestly say that as long as I have the proper tools at my disposal, I know how to painlessly come off a massive heroin addiction. The only difficult part is the final stage where you go from microdosing whatever you tapered with to totally clean. But the rest is honestly a piece of cake.

If I had to come off a big dose of H again, Id get myself some UIE kratom and take massive doses of that the first day or two (since you dont have to wait at all to take that) and then go on sub after that or just do the whole detox with kratom which I find works just as well, if not better than sub (provided you have UEI or some other high quality kratom product, weak plain leaf ain't gonna cut it for folks with big habits but then again sub doesn't cut it for me either if I have a really big habit).

But really, the point I want to get across is that going from heroin to sub is easy if you know what youre doing and have access to heroin still. Just do less heroin, add a little sub, then a little heroin if you still feel really bad, then more sub, then only sub and then youre good, no pain at all.

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me the exact weight of an 8mg subutex tablet? I have some but they are broken up and not sure how much is there. I have good scales so I can weigh my dose.
Thanks.

I was actually reading that thread this morning... About the weight of an 8mg Roxanne bupe pill being exactly 400mg. It's obviously going to vary brand to brand though.

Has anyone tried Bunavail yet or know anyone that has?

Look, it ain't that hard to avoid precip withdrawals. I never wait 24 hrs before dosing sub, no way I could make that long. I usually wait about 12-14 hours at MOST and ive never had precip withdrawals. The key is, the size of your last dose of heroin. I have taken sub as little as 4 or 5 hrs after my last dose of heroin with no problem, but in that case my last dose of heroin was a micro dose. Basically, as youre going into wd from the heroin, you can inject tiny doses of heroin to make you feel a little better but without totally filling your receptors like a big dose. Then you can transition onto the sub much sooner. Also, like the guy above me said, you should start very low on your sub dosing. The most painless way to transition is actually to keep some heroin around, start very low on the sub and then do some heroin on top of the sub if you are still sick. For me, it used to take 4-6 days just to feel normal on the sub if I tried to go from a big heroin habit straight to sub.

But I have a lot of experience withdrawing from opiates now and I can honestly say that as long as I have the proper tools at my disposal, I know how to painlessly come off a massive heroin addiction. The only difficult part is the final stage where you go from microdosing whatever you tapered with to totally clean. But the rest is honestly a piece of cake.

If I had to come off a big dose of H again, Id get myself some UIE kratom and take massive doses of that the first day or two (since you dont have to wait at all to take that) and then go on sub after that or just do the whole detox with kratom which I find works just as well, if not better than sub (provided you have UEI or some other high quality kratom product, weak plain leaf ain't gonna cut it for folks with big habits but then again sub doesn't cut it for me either if I have a really big habit).

But really, the point I want to get across is that going from heroin to sub is easy if you know what youre doing and have access to heroin still. Just do less heroin, add a little sub, then a little heroin if you still feel really bad, then more sub, then only sub and then youre good, no pain at all.

Yeah I agree with the transitioning by using smaller doses of Sub, like 1-2 mg, not enough to activate all your opiate receptors and leave some for a moderate dose of your DOC to take up the rest. Its still not painless, but you can easily get through a day of work at most jobs in that condition. I would not say the same for a straight switch to Sub after a long time on hard opis.

The biggest issue can be your last point, having access to the heroin/DOC when you do the switch. Because there has been many times where I am down to my last penny and thats when I am forced to grab the Subs. Usually I can get something on the cuff to make things easier, but you gotta have some degree of self control to not just decide to go off and enjoy 1 or 2 good highs instead of making the transition much easier.

I still think there is no painless way to go from a heavy habit back to Subs, but it is much easier with a 'Sub-aided rapid taper' (for lact of better terms). I really can't see a reason to go 24 hours either, if you plan the transition correctly. It pains me to read many people who have so much issues with the transition. Mainly because they come on here and you read about their struggles and know they are going about it all wrong, plus they are getting all different advice and most of it is wrong or misleading.
A major example I have read about on the internet which I never understand is a post regarding this scenario:
I'm a big time IV heroin addict, did last shot 10 am, waited 24 hours. Took 8 mg Sub and thrown into Precipitated w/d. It was worst thing ever, 2 hours of hell, after that I couldn't take it anymore and did a shot, which made me feel better. Now its been 6 hours since taking the sub, still feeling alright from shot, but not great. What should I do? Can I take more Sub now?

And in comes the "wisdom" of people who will insist to wait another 24 hours, or longer, to the point where they cannot tolerate it anymore. Which is basically suggesting the person put themselves through more pain and agony for nothing, doing another induction because they went into PWD. The advice is asinine and makes no sense in my opinion and when people try to follow it they more often crack and go back to using than make a successful transition. A better suggestion is just keep taking more Sub when you feel a mild withdrawal again, it shouldn't cause another PWD. If it does it will be much less severe than the last, in which case you can again cure it with another shot/dose (but make it a smaller one, 1/2-3/4 the last dose). Continue to dose Sub again when you feel mild w/d kick in. You will eventually stabilize and not need the H to feel fine, probably no more than 48 hours after initial Sub dose. Now another obvious issue I would have with that made up scenario (though almost identical scenarios seem to constantly happen) is induction with 8 mg right off the bat. Always start small, and if the small dose causes PWD, you will need a much smaller dose of H to even things out. Just gotta realize when doing this, you are trying to get "not sick", not "high".

Can you guys feel kratom on you normal sub dose? I've heard a bunch of ppl say they can; and not just the stim effect, the opioid part as well. It don't see how that would be possible pharmacologicly.

I believe its 400 mg. if not exact then very close. I remember a few people figuring it out a few threads back.

Yeah I searched the threads and found posts saying suboxone weigh 400mg but I've got subutex. Do they weigh the same? I haven't seen a suboxone tablet in a few years but I thought the subutex tablets were a fraction bigger. Was it definitely subutex tablets that you read weighing 400mg?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.