• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newb in need of advice

I am screwed. First, I am not sure if this post .is in the corect place or not, so a pre-emptive appology to the mods.
Well my wife and I have been bangin at least 12mg of boxin everyday for nearly a year. Also we eat gabapentin like skittles. That being said, we are ready to stop. I came off of meth cold turkey in a jail cell, and I would rather go through that again than to be in withdraw from bupe. I have been reading or trolling here for a bit, and have been looking for the best way to taper ourselves down till we can safely quit. As I said I have read a bit here about the subject,but always for sub-lingual dosing, not iv. Please help us......

Thanx. We have a clinic appt today, but we are scared that he will cut us off. See, we each already have a dirty piss test. Then week before last, we split and sniffed a methadone ten. Seven days later he tested us. again. Would the 'done be gone? It has been years since we have done a done, and we each only had a half of it, so low dose, single use, and a seven day wait. If he cuts us off of the bupe, we are screwed cuz we are low on funds and can not pay <snip> a piece for a strip. I know the pill and the strip are the same strength, but I do not get any relief from the pill form which is cheaper on the street here. If we do get cut, whats the safest way to detox from bupe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, it's been a minute... Evey glad to see you're feeling better on a lower dose.

So, I get my bupe from one of those drs who is basically a pill mill dealing suboxone instead of oxys. I don't see him, I just get a script, and he doesn't really give a shit what I do. However, he does drug test. As some of you know, I almost got kicked out for smoking weed and "excessive" amounts of alcohol.

Because of this, I have been trying to lower my dose so that eventually I can stop going there. For a while when they weren't drug testing me I was doing great. Now they test me every month, so when I go, I need to make sure the full amount is in my system. So I have to take my ridiculous high dose for a couple days.

Does anyone have any advice that could help me stabilize on a dose? Even better if I could feel some energy, mood-lift, something off that dose? I've been trying to stay under 4 mg/ day but usually end up at around 6 or so taken in 2-3 doses sublingually. Always with the intent of taking 2-4 mg... But those doses don't seem to hold me.

My habit, pre-bupe, if it matters, was around 400mg oxy or a few bundles so-so powder. I've been on bupe since Jan, and at the low dose (for the most part) since March or so. Am I ever gunna be able to stabilize on a dose, or does having to take a larger dose for a couple days just mess it up too much?

I am screwed. First, I am not sure if this post .is in the corect place or not, so a pre-emptive appology to the mods.
Well my wife and I have been bangin at least 12mg of boxin everyday for nearly a year. Also we eat gabapentin like skittles. That being said, we are ready to stop. I came off of meth cold turkey in a jail cell, and I would rather go through that again than to be in withdraw from bupe. I have been reading or trolling here for a bit, and have been looking for the best way to taper ourselves down till we can safely quit. As I said I have read a bit here about the subject,but always for sub-lingual dosing, not iv. Please help us......

Hiya Blueglass,

I think mr.scagnattie has given you good advice. If you are concerned that you may be cut off change to putting the subs under the tongue and have them dissolve that way. I have heard from others, so please don't quote me as I don't know it to be fact, that the strength bioactivity?(is it? mod please help) is less strong when the subs dissolved usnder the tongue than IV. I, myself, have not ever IVd so please don't take my word for this - I am going by what other posters on this thread have said. Then try to taper. I can't really advice how fast or slow to taper because I have not yet tapered (apart from gone from 12mg to 10mg) and the only affects I felt from doing that were that things felt better in myself - that's the only way I can explain it.

Good luck to both of you - and yes you're on the right thread :)

Evey

Bluegrass, I didn't reply to you, as I've never shot up bupe either. That being said, I agree with the advice given so far. However, if the issue is that you're not going to have very much bupe and want to get the most out of it - here's what I have to say.

Evey, you're on the right track. The bioavailability (BA) of bupe taken sublingually is around 30%. So, by taking your dose sublingually (under the tongue), you are getting a third of what you would IV.

If you want to get more out of an existing supply of bupe: if you take that bupe in high proof alcohol (just a few drops will do) you can raise that to 50%, or half the amount you'd get IV. Also, snorting or plugging will get you a 50% BA. To snort strips, dissolve in a very small amt of water, either on the tip of a spoon (and snort off there) or in a needleless syringe (and use that to gently squirt into the nose). Plugging, is, up the butt. Before you laugh, some swear by this method. It is the closest to shooting up you can get without shooting up. To do this, you must make sure you don't have any shit up there (by shooting warm water up there with needleless syringe first) then dissolve your strip in small amount of water and insert anally with needleless syringe. There are tons of threads on both of these methods of administration (MOA or ROA), use google if you need more info.

If you are hung up on continuing to shoot, I would start by going down to 8mg. Even though this seems like a huge drop, most people barely feel it. I don't shoot, I use sublingually with alcohol or occasionally snort, but I personally dropped from 20mg a day to 6mg a day with no withdrawals. And I came off a pretty big habit. The only thing I have noticed is with the smaller dose I must break it up and dose at least twice daily, it doesn't hold me. But, I bet you could do 4mg shots twice a day and not feel a difference. From there, drop 1mg a week. So 8 every day this week, 7 next week, 6 after that. Once you get below 4mg/day I would only drop .5mg/week. So go from 4 to 3.5 to 3...

As far as gabapentin goes: I take that as well. There is a risk of seizure if you quit cold turkey so taper that as well. Whatever you normally take now, I would try to take 200mg less each day until you get to 200 or so. Then, just take that 200 for a couple days, then go off.

If you have any questions, ask away. Or send me a PM.

Also, where is captain h? Paging captain h? I was hoping you could answer some questions I have about low bupe doses... But I'm in greenlighter status still.

WOW!!! Since I've reduced from 12 mg to 100 mg it's like I 've had a new least of life. I've got so much energy flowing through me it's like electricity. I just feel hyped. I 'm back exercising again. I'm starting to feel alive n the weight is dropping off- so my metabolism must be speeding up again.

Wow just ACE!!!! I thought you didn't feel any effects by reducing suboxone by only 2mg but well I have. I keep singing, dancing round the room n stuff!

Is this normal??? It's like I'm stepping out of some heavy fog that wS weighing me down n I've electricity flowing through me. But that's how I felt when I was doing intensive exercise like INSANITY.

Can any of you tell me your effects when reducing subs? Did the /mg drop affect you in either a positive or negative way?

Evey

This goes into the "I wish I had a time machine so I could post this to your past self to show you" book. Glad to see you're enjoying the benefits of being on a more reasonable dose of bupe, hope your progress continues to flourish!

Trainspotter - trying to figure out how to stabilize on a dose after my appt each month (see my post above). Also, trying to figure out what dose I can take twice a day (bc the lower doses don't seem to hold me, bc I dose for pain, and bc I want effects twice a day) and still maximise effects.

Also, evey, I do feel better on a lower dose, in case my past posts left you confused. I just can't seem to get below 6 mg/day, which I split dose.

Also, I thought greenlighter was up after 50 posts? I'm at 51...

This meds help me allot , I used to be on methodone but still shooting up dope , but suboxone safe my life , I only got 4 left and one strip , it's my 7 day clean , and iam planing to stay clean for life , dope suck!!! I just need script for Xanax or clonopin !!! I stay in la by downtown please help

Trainspotter - trying to figure out how to stabilize on a dose after my appt each month (see my post above). Also, trying to figure out what dose I can take twice a day (bc the lower doses don't seem to hold me, bc I dose for pain, and bc I want effects twice a day) and still maximise effects.

Yea it can be hard to get on a low dose can't it once you've already been put on some ridiculously high dose for a long time. I dose for pain too my backs fucked from a work injury and I have irritable bowel syndrome so I dose 0.3 mgs every 6 hours and that's my perfect dose I've found it kills my pain and feels like I've taken a couple percocet 10s so I'm feeling good. The neat thing about buprenorphine is your tolerance doesn't go up while taking the same dose daily meaning a person could take say 1mg a day every day for decades and not have to up the dose to get the same effects as before like what happens all to often with other painkillers and heroin people's tolerences grow to massive proportions until their blood is almost toxic just to feel relief.

That's why bupe is a very interesting drug I really like it. Every time I dose I feel buzzing like I'm taking a full agonist. If I smoke weed or hash Its like heroin but cheaper easier on the wallet. Most pain patients take 0.2mgs -0.4mgs every 4 hours because bupe is only effective on pain the first four hours after its taken after that it just takes away the dope sickness. At dose under 2 mg bupe acts like a full agonist because more of it gets converted to nor-bupe which is a full agonist not a partial one like just plain un converted buprenorphine is. When large doses are taken they fill up all the receptors making it so it cant convert to nor-buprenorphine so the euphoria isn't there and the doses last so long when you try to redose 4 hours later nothing happens cause all the receptors are filled up with old unconverted bupe that stops working on pain after 4 hours but fills the receptors still not letting any more in so you can't get a rush or any pain relief. High doses are considered 3mgs and up.

If you want to take it twice a day how bout trying to get to 1mg twice a day or 1.5mgs twice a day or 1mg three tines daily wouof probably work best on your pain.
Micrograms wear off before the next dose so you get a rush every time. What I did to get from 8mg to 2mg was i split it up into 4 doses per day so it made it easier for me to Lower my doses. I would take 2,2,2,2 then 2,2,1,2 then 2,121 then 2,1,11, then 2,1,1 then 1,1,1 then 1, .5,.5, then 0.5,0.5, 0.5 then your down to a low dose and you feel it every time time you dose and don't get all those nasty side effects like constipation and headaches. I stahed on each dose around a week mabye 2 sometimes a month i didnt do it fast. I don't even want to use heroin now If I want a good high I'll just up my dose to 1 - 3mgs and get a nice high and smoke a joint then I'm flying high as a kite. Try it for your self let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Also, evey, I do feel better on a lower dose, in case my past posts left you confused. I just can't seem to get below 6 mg/day, which I split dose.

Also, I thought greenlighter was up after 50 posts? I'm at 51...

Hiya fullycaffeinated,

(Sorry, only just woke up, fell asleep!) it does but you need to give it an hour, sorry if this sounds sarcastic but did you read the Greenlighter's Guide? The reason that I give those links to new members is that I actually did not read it, myself, until last month!!! If I had have done, and also have read the BLUA (Bluelight User Agreement), I would have saved myself a LOT of trouble - hence I'm genuinely thinking of you all when I give those links to you. I broke a few of those rules because I did not read relevant documents, as a fellow BL member, I'd advise you to PLEASE do so.

As for getting below 6 mg, I cannot advise you on that because I have not yet done so myself - and I don't wish to give you the wrong information. However, I am sure that someone else will come along soon, who have tapered below 6 mg, and can help you, my apologies.

Sorry mods (again) for changing subject on here.

Right off to bed, Please take care everyone :)
Evey

Last edited:
Owen are you sure about that? I know that you n I don't get on - but I'm really worried about you doing that. A few here have gone cold turkey from 12mg n they've not slept in months.

Of course it's up to you but can't you consider a short taper down to .25? Lots of members have done so with good help n advice from this thread. They've still had withdrawals, of course but it's been more bearable.

Of course, end of the day, it 's up to you n if you feel you must go cokd turkey then well that's your decision.

Despite everything i'll be here as support if you take that route. But my advice to you would be to talk to the people here on this thread who have quit buprenorphine a few times, some from high doses n have said the experience was hell. I'm not naming names because it's to them if they choose to tell their stories, of course.

Take care
Evey

That's brave good luck.
I don't even have the balls to take that much bupe let alone detox cold turkey from it;)

Meh, I've done worse totally unmedicated in the past and I have enough meds to start my own pharmacy to get me through it. I'm under no illusions, it's going to be rough, but it's preferable to doing a taper for me at this point in time. Watch this space!

Owen - best of luck to you - I have CT'ed off 400+mg/oxy before, and off 16mg/bupe. The bupe was the easier of the two for me, if only because it was more drawn out. For some reason though, as opposed to how most people are, I can sleep while detoxing... The issue is more that all I CAN do is sleep. I used to actually look forward to work when detoxing just to get my mind off it. It's pretty much impossible for me to work and detox these days.

Trainspotter - your advice is right on and where I've been trying to keep my dosing. The two things that fuck it up are that I can't smoke weed, and that I have to take a high dose two or three days a month as I get piss tested every month. I'm trying to keep my high script so I can peace outta there in a few months and not have to worry about a dr. The ones by me are wait listed 6-12 months, the next closest city is 12-18, and they want you to be in counseling 3x/week while you're waiting. It'd be fine if it were free, but it added up to $84/week for me. I drive 2 hours one way to see my dr and get my script.

Oh and evey I did skim the guides, and I was correct, now that I've logged out and back in I am no longer greenlighter. About damn time.

I'm glad you guys are here to advise Owen. I did, as usual, got worried, based on what I've heard/read on others who've withdrawn from a high amount of buprenorphine. Of course people are affected differently so Owen maybe ok. But I seriously love this thread - and all the people who come here because the advice here is ace.
Owen I respect your decision, as a fellow Bluelight member, and you know that, despite everything, you can talk to me anytime.

As everyone knows I withdrew from codeine and found that, psychologically difficult - so I always try to help anyone in withdrawal whether they are a friend or not.

Did you say this Wednesday you will take your last suboxone, Owen? So Friday you're more likely to start experiencing affects, right?! I'll be online then and be as support if you need it.

Take care,
Evey

Status
Not open for further replies.