• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im just strarting to use suboxone films (sublingually)..and I just salivate so much whenever I put those stips under my tounge. So everytime I end up with nearly a mouthfull of saliva that taste of the lemon/lime flavor ( in the matter of minutes ). I usually just "tough" it out and hold that mouth-full of "Sub/Spit" for about 20 mins, then just swallow cuz its to fucken' annoying having a mouth FULL of saliva.

Do you guys think this effecting the absorpting?

..and does this happen to anyone else, it must? :\

So im just strarting to use suboxone films (sublingually)..and I just salivate so much whenever I put those stips under my tounge. So everytime I end up with nearly a mouthfull of saliva that taste of the lemon/lime flavor ( in the matter of minutes ). I usually just "tough" it out and hold that mouth-full of "Sub/Spit" for about 20 mins, then just swallow cuz its to fucken' annoying having a mouth FULL of saliva.

Do you guys think this effecting the absorpting?

..and does this happen to anyone else, it must? :\

If you're careful you can swallow the saliva before it gets under your tongue and mixes with the sub, see if you can manage it. Although it's weird that your mouth fills up so quickly. I get the same thing, but only if I leave them in for 20 or 30 minutes +. Perhaps try putting them in a slightly different area, I've even heard that between your bottom gums and your cheek works. Definitely talk to your doctor about it - your mouth filling up with saliva so quickly would, I'd imagine, be effecting the absorbtion, since you'll have a more diluted solution of saliva and bupe in your mouth, and so less of it will be in contact with areas of the mouth which absorb the drug.

Every time I reduce subs I feel stimulated as hell. It's ace! I mostly take 8 mg now and I'm literally bouncing off the walls. Why did no one ever tell me that the less you take the better you feel?

Evey

Haha we did Evey many tines
Wait till you get to 4-2mgs you'll be a super worker

But I don't remember feeling this stimulated the last time I was on 8 mg? I just felt tired a lot - and extremely empty.

I may just drop cold turkey from 8 mg. I'm thinking of it. Another member has done so from 24 mg.

Evey

If you're careful you can swallow the saliva before it gets under your tongue and mixes with the sub, see if you can manage it. Although it's weird that your mouth fills up so quickly. I get the same thing, but only if I leave them in for 20 or 30 minutes +. Perhaps try putting them in a slightly different area, I've even heard that between your bottom gums and your cheek works. Definitely talk to your doctor about it - your mouth filling up with saliva so quickly would, I'd imagine, be effecting the absorbtion, since you'll have a more diluted solution of saliva and bupe in your mouth, and so less of it will be in contact with areas of the mouth which absorb the drug.

Hey don't swallow the saliva guys you'll thank me later. It hurts the stomach and affects the bupe working for some reason. Its normal when your mouth fills with saliva theres no way around it except spitting it out befroe it builfs up too much while the strip is under the tounge. I used to swallow the saliva but one day I spat it out and whoo my eyes got pinned off the same dose tjatbdid nothing before and for some reason I was higher than I've ever been. Now I never swallow the saliva I spit it out before wit can build up while the sub's still in my mouth but now I don't really sorry about this as I only take 0.3 and rub it into the veins under my tounge so saliva cant affect it at all or if I'm at work in a rush I'll throw 1mg under there and just let it dissolve in like that which equals to about the same as rubbing 0.3 mgs into the tounge veins or snorting 0.3mgs. But that saliva does sooo much damage to the teeth it isn't funny when you let it sit in there for an hour or so after taking a huge dose like 8-12 mgs its slowly rotting your teeth you feel then become more sensitive afterwards from citrus and SHIT in the pills and you don't really absorb much more its just addict behaviour you don't want to waste any precious opiates.

But I don't remember feeling this stimulated the last time I was on 8 mg? I just felt tired a lot - and extremely empty.

I may just drop cold turkey from 8 mg. I'm thinking of it. Another member has done so from 24 mg.

Evey

Why would you do the same as Owen? What works for one may not work for another. Dropping off 24mgs is adding a whole lot of unnecessary stress to soneone its not a good idea at all in my opinion Evey.

And it was probably cause you were transitioning from your DOC to suboxone. And 8mgs is still pretty high so thats probably why you were feeling so tired when your were on it cause the doctor had you on a lot more bupe than the codeine you were taking more than 5 times the amount of opiates you were getting on codiene and with high dose suboxone it make you feel that way. Now that you are used to the bupe and taking 12mgs when you drop down lower you feel a lot better cause your not being weighed down as much even though its still a high dose for someone coning off codeine which would make the person on codeine extremely tired its low to you now after taking 12 mgs of for so long so your tolerance has been raised a lot from the time when you were taking codiene due to the high amount of opiates you've been taking so now your body is more used to high strength opiates and won't get as groggy as when you first started taking it.

Last edited:
Hey don't swallow the saliva guys you'll thank me later. It hurts the stomach and affects the bupe working for some reason. Its normal when your mouth fills with saliva theres no way around it except spitting it out befroe it builfs up too much while the strip is under the tounge. I used to swallow the saliva but one day I spat it out and whoo my eyes got pinned off the same dose tjatbdid nothing before and for some reason I was higher than I've ever been. Now I never swallow the saliva I spit it out before wit can build up while the sub's still in my mouth but now I don't really sorry about this as I only take 0.3 and rub it into the veins under my tounge so saliva cant affect it at all or if I'm at work in a rush I'll throw 1mg under there and just let it dissolve in like that which equals to about the same as rubbing 0.3 mgs into the tounge veins or snorting 0.3mgs. But that saliva does sooo much damage to the teeth it isn't funny when you let it sit in there for an hour or so after taking a huge dose like 8-12 mgs its slowly rotting your teeth you feel then become more sensitive afterwards from citrus and SHIT in the pills and you don't really absorb much more its just addict behaviour you don't want to waste any precious opiates.

I used to have saliva n 'twas annoying. For ages would be there n trying to breathe with that shite in your mouth was like DEATH... Literally!!!! But for some reason I don't have salvia now and it doesn't take long at all to dissolve... I'm thinking of going up to bed n maybe taking 2mg for the fun of it... I've so much sub now I could run a pharmacy (Joke!)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo accccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccce yea.... Sorry in a good mood... but yea.

Evey xxxx

Why would you do the same as Owen? What works for one may not work for another. Dropping off 24mgs is adding a whole lot of unnecessary stress to soneone its not a good idea at all in my opinion Evey.

And it was probably cause you were transitioning from your DOC to suboxone. And 8mgs is still pretty high so thats probably why you were feeling so tired when your were on it cause the doctor had you on a lot more bupe than the codeine you were taking more than 5 times the amount of opiates you were getting on codiene and with high dose suboxone it make you feel that way. Now that you are used to the bupe and taking 12mgs when you drop down lower you feel a lot better cause your not being weighed down as much even though its still a high dose for someone coning off codeine which would make the person on codeine extremely tired its low to you now after taking 12 mgs of for so long so your tolerance has been raised a lot from the time when you were taking codiene due to the high amount of opiates you've been taking so now your body is more used to high strength opiates and won't get as groggy as when you first started taking it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat yea!!!! I love sub.... Ignore that I won't do a cold turkey thing. I can't believe that I felt the way I did over codeine. That grief feeling. Now I could NOT care less for it like SEEEEEERIOUSLY!!! Someone mentioned to me that they had co-codomal n before I was be like jealous and wanting to rip their bloody eyes out but now I'm like chill man they're taking codeine it's just a lil tablet, means nothing. Life's good right now...

Bed's calling.
Night world

Evey :)

Meh, I've done worse totally unmedicated in the past and I have enough meds to start my own pharmacy to get me through it. I'm under no illusions, it's going to be rough, but it's preferable to doing a taper for me at this point in time. Watch this space!

It hasn't been rough in the slightest. Withdrawal symptoms at a 2/10 so far at worst and I'm basically 100 hours out from my last bupe. I know things are still going to get worse for another few days but this is fine so far, feel well enough to go round my mates and watch the boxing with loads of people. Maybe even pub first. At this point with methadone I was curled up in a ball crying out for relief! Only really used pregabelin, lofexidine and promethazine so far. Have been sleeping fine, still eating if in small amounts.

OK I think tonight I have just figured this out...however I may have once again posted on the wrong forum. I would love to PM you and anyone else that sent me messages but one step at a time. I wrote that I have finally tapered off completely and I am exhausted beyond belief. I really feel sorry for any of you that have taken so much more than me. I know in the comparison I don't take that many prescribed drugs but I am feeling terrible. Last night I finally took an ambien. I also had weened off of them but not sleeping is terrible. I have some subs and want to know if tomorrow I can put a small amount under my tongue and how often. I only want to do this for a couple of days if possible. Can any of you tell me what to do and how long this stays in one's system. I would rather feel the pain I have than ever go through this again. Thanks for reading this and helping me out you have no idea how much I appreciate your help. Michelle

Michelle, you posted in the bupe megathread. I'm thinking that was correct? Refresh my memory, what are you tapering off of? As a general rule, if using bupe to taper, start off by waiting at least 24 hrs from a fast acting opiate (sounds like you have already). Take bupe in 2 mg increments every hour or so by cutting the strip/pill in pieces until you feel "held" (not sick). Then, whatever you ended up taking that first day, reduce by 25% or so each day until you have tapered down to nothing. It will stay in your system one to two weeks, since the half life is so long.

For example, if you take 8 mg the first day, I would do 6 the next, then 4, 2, 1.5, 1, .75, .5 and maybe even a day at .25 at the end. If you want to do a shorter taper you could probably do 8, 4, 2, 1, .5.

Hello everyone, I have long used this website as a basis for answers to my many questions that often pop up regarding substances. I figured I migt as well start contributing- especially as this is a wonderful community I look forward to being a part of! That being said here is my question- I KNOW it has been asked several times, but I never could get an answer to this particular one. So here we are

I have been smoking tar(that's all we have out west) for about 8 months- not every single day- usually my routine is smoke for 3 days(I don't get high during the day- only at night so I can make sure and take care of all my duties for the day- and I only smoke about .5-1.0 gram a night) After 3 days I take a 3-7 day break and repeat the process. I recently quit for 3 weeks straight and started this process again about a week ago- however, I have binged a bit, and today would be day 5 of use for me. My first question is this-- why am I not withdrawling? Before I quit for 3 weeks- I would go into mild w/d for the first 3 days- anxiety, NO ENERGY, fatigue, lack of appetite, and MINOR stomach issues- this began happening to me about 2 months ago. But this time around on this binge- I am not having w/d symptoms- I might have a little less energy but nothing like before- is w/d not occurring because I have not bee using heavily enough this time? Or for long enough?

Second question- I do have subs on hand, because I would take them the first day of w/d (NOTE- I will only take 1/4 of a sub- not a whole strip)

Today I woke up, decided I wasn't going to smoke tonight- and would begin my 3-7 day period of cleansing- only I have decided I DO want to smoke tonight- I took not even a fourth of a sub today- maybe like 1/6th of one- I decided I wanted to smoke tonight after this fact lol.-- If I wait 8-12 hours and smoke this evening- do you think the effects would be greatly diminished? I havehad an experience in the past where I took a tiny bit of a sub- smoked like 5 hours later- and got bzzed but it was very very weak. Do you all think that if I waited a bit longer(8-12) hours- I would have some stronger effects than last time? Please take into consideration there is no way I injested more than 2 mg of sub.

Sorry if this has been a repetitive question- but I felt like you all would be considerate and helpful- and I don't really have anywhere else to ask these types of things lol. Thanks!

^^it will tickle u tho not near as close as normal....good luck...don't ride the bupe /soa rollercoaster man....rough waters!!!!

yeah I have heard that subs are worse withdrawal than H- I have no intention of w/d'ing from either substance= and I have never used more than 4 mg of subs spaced out over 2-3 days....hopefully it stays like this. Ok thank you! It has been 5 hours since I ingested perhaps .5-1.5 mgs of sub-I just scored a g- so going to try it out and see if I can get a buzz going

fuck suboxone. why was i able to try heroin (after being clean for a while), and put it down for a couple months, but then when i tried suboxone i used it for 3 weeks straight and then moved back to heroin?

i think i might like suboxone more than any other opiate besides heroin. i might even like IV suboxone more than IV heroin. idk thats a tough question. i really liked IV suboxone with IV meth, more so than meth and heroin. lolol

i dont do shit like that anymore. fuck needles and fuck opiates.

fuck suboxone. why was i able to try heroin (after being clean for a while), and put it down for a couple months, but then when i tried suboxone i used it for 3 weeks straight and then moved back to heroin?

i think i might like suboxone more than any other opiate besides heroin. i might even like IV suboxone more than IV heroin. idk thats a tough question. i really liked IV suboxone with IV meth, more so than meth and heroin. lolol

i dont do shit like that anymore. fuck needles and fuck opiates.

That's weird man.

I can't do suboxone maintenance because sometimes it makes me want to use heroin more. Like since it gives me a half-ass buzz it has me itching for the real thing. And other times I just feel weird from the bupe, so want to get high to change that. That's why I only use it for a few days to taper off of dope, otherwise it's just used to keep me well between binges.

yah i am rally weird when it comes to suboxone. lol. i guess it is i can be strung out and live a more "normal" life on suboxone?

i always end up going back to heroin/cocaine too. that or i get strung out on meth, so obviously suboxone doesnt work for me. heroin and cocaine and opiates have almost completely wrecked my life. i am so fortunate to have another chance at life, i really should be dead.

it really is a bummer that a drug that is meant to get people sober is used by most to either get a cheap high, or is used in between binges

Anyone have experience taking Kratom and then Sub shortly after it? Any chance of PWs? I searched and found some old threads related to this but mostly vague answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.