• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Oxycodone is not an option. I am thinking that even this amount of Subs could be to much for me???? Going to wait till noon tomorrow and see if I can just take .5 once for the whole day or .25 in am then .25 around 2pm. Realize, I own a business and have to go home to a large family of 5 kids... so trying to not be a bag of shit.

The subs completely removed the craving for me. Also, I failed 3 times tapering on the 30,s. you should know.If I have them I am going to abuse them...

The subs completely removed the craving for me. Also, I failed 3 times tapering on the 30,s. you should know.If I have them I am going to abuse them...

With your low tolerance, if that first dose gets you feeling good and energized then you shouldn't need another dose that day, so maybe that second dose is getting you sick and it's not withdrawals you feel. Suboxone has such a long half-life that with your tolerance you wouldn't be feeling withdrawals that soon after your first dose, and those symptoms seem to be from taking too much. If 2mg can cover a habit of 200mg of oxycodone a day (might take a few days to get used to) then I don't see why 0.5mg a day wouldn't cover a 60mg a day oxy habit especially since taking 1/3 of your normal recreational dose should keep you from withdrawing, and 0.5mg of suboxone is enough for that.

I used to get anxiety and trouble sleeping from taking too much suboxone, so it sounds like that is the case with you, especially when you consider how well that first 0.5mg dose of suboxone works for you. If anything it would wear off a few hours short of the 24 hour mark, so definitely not just later in the day.

If you want to get off of the suboxone asap then I suggest waiting closer to 48 hours before taking it, and only taking 0.25mg. That will also allow you to gauge how the withdrawals would be at this point if you jumped off at this dose, because I know of some people with much larger habits that only took 0.25 - 0.5mg of suboxone when they really needed it, and all they needed was a total of 4-6mg of suboxone to kick their habit pretty painlessly. You should be able to stop pretty painlessly at this point, and due to the potency of suboxone it may be worse for you to stay on it, which is why people are suggesting getting off before it gets too hard to.

Last edited:
Taking Oxycodone is not an option. I am thinking that even this amount of Subs could be to much for me???? Going to wait till noon tomorrow and see if I can just take .5 once for the whole day or .25 in am then .25 around 2pm. Realize, I own a business and have to go home to a large family of 5 kids... so trying to not be a bag of shit.
I have a business as well. Lucky it's fully staffed and I am able to take some time off. 60 mg oxy you would have had like 3 days of shit and maybe 1-2 weeks till you were back to 80% .

This sub is going to make that time much longer. Your only making your tolerance go up much higher.This half life is stacking more and more opiates into your body. You most likely have 5X more opiates in you now then you ever had doing 60 mg oxy / day

When I stopped at around .1 mg I really didn't notice much. I was taking some clonazepam, too, but really don't think it made much of a difference. I only used them for like 6-7 weeks and never was using more than 3 mg a day when I did that taper.

That's about the lowest I've seen anyone taper to. 2mg lasted you 20 doses...good for you!
I was on sub two yrs but had 12 yrs of methadone and decades of IV opiates piled on top of that...It hurt when I quit!

I am still trying to get my daily dose correct. I want to get off this Suboxone fast. Started last Sat with .5. Stopped my withdrawals within half an hour. took .25 a few hours later and went out Christmas shopping. Was doing .5 twice a day this week but having some issues. The morning dose works well and I have energy at work and get shit done. but tues. I took nothing the rest of the day and had really bad depression and woke up in sweats. took the .5 in am and felt great again. But in the afternoon I took .5 again and felt anxiety and could not sleep that night. strong ringing in my ear also. Today I took .5 in am, had a good work day then took .25 in afternoon and same thing. feel very irritable and anxious???? Cant tell if its too much Suboxone or not enough and I am in withdrawrals in the pm???? I was on 2-3 30,s oxycodone a day before I started Suboxone??

Those sound like typical signs that your taking too much.
I agree with the others...your out of the frying pan and into the fire. I went from 40mg of methadone to .5mg the last time.
Have you tried to get by on .10mg if you HAVE to take it?

I know that's a different class of drugs, but when you are dependent on a drug there is a world of difference between even a tiny dose and nothing. I eventually got off of valium in early July by going to a detox facility, and have been clean from it ever since, and that was after being prescribed benzos (was on 3mg of xanax a day for around 4 years, then 10mg of valium a day for another 3 years, plus a year of trying to taper before going back to the 10mg and taking around 7.5mg a day for almost a year before successfully detoxing off of it) which totaled 8 years of daily benzo use with missing only a handful of days in all of that time.
this is what scares me. I just recently picked up 10MG day Valium. I usually end up doing 30MG and blowing through my weekly supply in 2-3 days. I need to CHILL THE FCK OUT and stop. LAST THING I EVER WANT IS BENZO problem. I will try to chill but I swear if I end up taking ONE today then I will throw whatever is left away and pass on next script. I dont have time to play the withdrawal game again. even tho, I'll play that game one day w/ subux but not anytime soon, ha.

That's about the lowest I've seen anyone taper to. 2mg lasted you 20 doses...good for you!
I was on sub two yrs but had 12 yrs of methadone and decades of IV opiates piled on top of that...It hurt when I quit!

Yeah My habit was only like 1.5 years long when I did that taper, also had some clean time in there. I even might've even done a few doses below .1 mg before jumping. I wasn't on .1 mg that long, not for 20 doses. I was doing like 3 or 4 days at a dose and dropping to 75% of the last dose.

With your low tolerance, if that first dose gets you feeling good and energized then you shouldn't need another dose that day, so maybe that second dose is getting you sick and it's not withdrawals you feel. Suboxone has such a long half-life that with your tolerance you wouldn't be feeling withdrawals that soon after your first dose, and those symptoms seem to be from taking too much. If 2mg can cover a habit of 200mg of oxycodone a day (might take a few days to get used to) then I don't see why 0.5mg a day wouldn't cover a 60mg a day oxy habit especially since taking 1/3 of your normal recreational dose should keep you from withdrawing, and 0.5mg of suboxone is enough for that.

I dose twice a day and feel a good energy boost when I first dose. I definitely feel withdrawal after about 12 hours from the last dose. Nothing horrible but just general apathy and some minor body aches. But if you are getting down to doses below 1 mg and really trying to cut it out of your life, then the one a day thing is the way to go. Even if there is a little pain involved. Maybe taking a very small amount before bed to help sleep. Like if you are at .5 then take .4 in the morning and .1 later at night.

I am still trying to get my daily dose correct. I want to get off this Suboxone fast. Started last Sat with .5. Stopped my withdrawals within half an hour. took .25 a few hours later and went out Christmas shopping. Was doing .5 twice a day this week but having some issues. The morning dose works well and I have energy at work and get shit done. but tues. I took nothing the rest of the day and had really bad depression and woke up in sweats. took the .5 in am and felt great again. But in the afternoon I took .5 again and felt anxiety and could not sleep that night. strong ringing in my ear also. Today I took .5 in am, had a good work day then took .25 in afternoon and same thing. feel very irritable and anxious???? Cant tell if its too much Suboxone or not enough and I am in withdrawrals in the pm???? I was on 2-3 30,s oxycodone a day before I started Suboxone??

I find it hard to believe on a small dose like that it would be an issue with being too much. Maybe you are oversensitive to the naloxone. How do you take it, sublingual (spit or no spit?), or other method? You also might metabolize quick, so its good when you take it but it doesn't carry on to morning like for a most people. That is how I am, I dose twice a day, usually like you have been doing, but I take 2mg in AM and 1mg in PM. Of course I plan to decrease that quickly.

Last edited:
I take it sublingual. Today I took .25 this morning. Going to try and take nothing else today.keep u posted.at work now feeling normal.

Not again you're doing ace n we're all rooting for you. I know you're putting yourself through this at Christmas time but think of all the christmases you'll have, free of drugs. Also people are reading what you're writing so you're helping others by doing this
Evey x

I take it sublingual. Today I took .25 this morning. Going to try and take nothing else today.keep u posted.at work now feeling normal.
Hopefully all works out for you. I also hope you have a quick escape plan from the sub. Long term use ( longer than 3 weeks) Is to be avoided at all costs. I'm at 1 mg. Started at 16mg about 3-4 weeks ago. I was taking 350-400 mg oxy/day

tomorrow I will drop to .5 and then on Monday .25 then I will jump. Of course I will have some sub on hand if anything becomes to difficult. I doubt it though. I think I will be ok. Fast tapers from what I read seem to work the best.

Edit: Just saw your post Eve, Thanks!

Edit2: Mike , I know your going to do what your going to do. But if you went into a rehab saying your doing 60-90 mg oxy day. They would give you comfort meds and have you QT it.

I'm sure any DR skilled with this med would never write a script for your case. There are reasons that people are saying this is not the right thing to do.

However, if all the SAO's ( Short acting opiates)are out of your system and you've only been doing sub for a week. I believe you may stop today or tomorrow with very minimal symptoms.

You want to stop sub before your body gets dependent on it and you build up too much in your system. I'm on a race against the clock. The goal is 21 days I'm just past that mark and at my pace it will be a solid 32-33 days for my taper.
Also if .25 is what you need. that's actually the goal that most people try to get to when they decide to jump.

I would get stable at .25 then in 3 days go to half of that .125 and 1-2 days there and just stop.

Last edited:
You spit it out after sublingual? I find it elimabates a lot of the side effects.

You spit it out after sublingual? I find it elimabates a lot of the side effects.

what do you mean by this?

I am always shocked at what I read about every day in these forums. crazy to see the diff. experiences people have and ideas, thoughts, whatever.

I ONLY take sublingual and work perfect for me always. sometimes when there is a little lump sum left I start to suck it to drain whatever is left fast. I dont mind the taste of bupe at this point because it's been a while but did attempt a 2MG sniff a few weeks back as a desperate act and realized what a FOOL I was for doing that.

Hopefully all works out for you. I also hope you have a quick escape plan from the sub. Long term use ( longer than 3 weeks) Is to be avoided at all costs. I'm at 1 mg. Started at 16mg about 3-4 weeks ago. I was taking 350-400 mg oxy/day

tomorrow I will drop to .5 and then on Monday .25 then I will jump. Of course I will have some sub on hand if anything becomes to difficult. I doubt it though. I think I will be ok. Fast tapers from what I read seem to work the best.

Edit: Just saw your post Eve, Thanks!

Edit2: Mike , I know your going to do what your going to do. But if you went into a rehab saying your doing 60-90 mg oxy day. They would give you comfort meds and have you QT it.

I'm sure any DR skilled with this med would never write a script for your case. There are reasons that people are saying this is not the right thing to do.

However, if all the SAO's ( Short acting opiates)are out of your system and you've only been doing sub for a week. I believe you may stop today or tomorrow with very minimal symptoms.

You want to stop sub before your body gets dependent on it and you build up too much in your system. I'm on a race against the clock. The goal is 21 days I'm just past that mark and at my pace it will be a solid 32-33 days for my taper.
Also if .25 is what you need. that's actually the goal that most people try to get to when they decide to jump.

I would get stable at .25 then in 3 days go to half of that .125 and 1-2 days there and just stop.

Good luck tomorrow, NA. I think continuing to .25mg would be wise..
That said, I didn't notice much difference between the jump from 1mg, .5 and .25mg...but common sense and others experience seems to say that "the lower the better".
Just listen to your body...it will tell you when enough is enough...

My last .25 was at 6 am this morning.going to try and go to bed and wait till morning and see how I feel before I think of taking another .25. Hope to not Wake up in the middle of the night in wd, s

what do you mean by this?

I am always shocked at what I read about every day in these forums. crazy to see the diff. experiences people have and ideas, thoughts, whatever.

I ONLY take sublingual and work perfect for me always. sometimes when there is a little lump sum left I start to suck it to drain whatever is left fast. I dont mind the taste of bupe at this point because it's been a while but did attempt a 2MG sniff a few weeks back as a desperate act and realized what a FOOL I was for doing that.

Well it eventually all dissolves into my saliva, but I hold that in my mouth for a while after its dissolved. Once I've held it in for what I deem a reasonable amount of time, depends on the dose: 1 mg(10 mins) 2 mg (15) 3+ (20+). After that I spit that shit out because swallowing it isn't going to absorb much more bupe and it prevents any further absorption of naloxone. Naloxone does have a ~2% BA when taken orally, so if you get bad side effects from constantly consuming it (I believe I do) then spitting it out is essential

Why do you feel you were a "fool" for doing that?

Has nothing to do with ^this quote, but I've been listening to some Bowie recently just because of seeing you BL handle.

^Thats odd, are they hard/compacted or not. Such a small dose of Bupe should not be causing much constipation. I get bad constipation on dope or oxy, but with bupe and maintaining at <4 mg per day I usually have normal bowel movements.

I had a pretty bad day. By the time I got home I took an extra .25 which kinda seemed to help. Big time mood issues. Today I lost it in some traffic. I was yelling the whole way home. Some where I read that these are the things that get the transmitters firing again.

I guess since I'm taking low doses the stacking effect is losing the amount of drug in my body. I can feel it. It comes and goes.

I just need to jump already. After this weekend I am. does taking .25 extra hurt me much?

I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.