• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are absolutely insane doses. Its reckless doctors like that with no clue how bupe really works that ruin it for a lot of people and make you a slave to yet another chemical.

My advice? Fuck what your doctor says and get down to as low of a dose as possible. You'll be eternally grateful you did.

Those are absolutely insane doses. Its reckless doctors like that with no clue how bupe really works that ruin it for a lot of people and make you a slave to yet another chemical.

My advice? Fuck what your doctor says and get down to as low of a dose as possible. You'll be eternally grateful you did.

This.

I see nothing wrong with stocking up tho...

Thanks for the feedback... guess I will cut down and stockpile a bunch, lol. It is weird though because me and my Dad talked to him last saturday about how we were worried if I was taking too high of a dose... and he says no and that don't listen to the internet because the internet is more likely to share bad experiences with suboxone since a person who is doing well is less likely to post their story than someone with a negative experience. Then asks me if I want to move from 16mg to 24 or 32mg. He has many suboxone patients, and told me not to worry about taking 32mg. He also mentioned the ceiling effect to me... and said it varies for everyone and can be as high as 32mg. He told me that this is a medication that I will want to take for the rest of my life. I asked him what happens if he isn't my doctor anymore? He said that he won't retire and that he loves his job so that's good I guess lol.

What dose do you suggest is a good dose? I have been on it for two weeks so I hope I can make a jump without withdrawal. This isn't for withdrawal, I got prescribed this when I was a two months clean.It is for depression and social anxiety.

Last edited:
32mg is a completely unnecessary dose no matter who you are or how many opiates you used. I can't really come up with a justification for having to use that much off-label for depression either. your receptors are saturated 10x over on that amount...talk about overkill!

You could probably do a 3 gram shot of pure heroin and not even feel it!(not really so don't actually try that)

He said you should take it for the rest of your life, are you kidding? Wow. Yeah, like he isn't completely biased. That's more cash money in his pocket and he'll take that shit all day.

I would find another suboxone doctor, man. Even in the realm of sub doctors (which have a rep for being really shitty) this guys seems like a real scumbag.

I recommend 8mg's and below, man.

I get relief for my depression from sub as well.

IME as far as depression goes, once you have a tolerance any dose between 2-8mg will produce about the same effects. I guess the fact that you were not opioid dependant could possibly change this. Id imagine not much though and for not long.

This is one of the strangest suboxone situations I have ever read about, esp considering you're only 20 years old with no serious addiction to treat at this time.

Aww man.... I am kind of worried of what I am doing to my body now. And High Anxiety I am actually 19 haha just put 20 for anonymity reasons lol...
Shit I don't want to have to do 3gs and not even feel it, if that's how overloaded my receptors are that is kind of scary. (not that I am going to) I guess that's why I haven't had a bowel movement in five days and counting...

Well fuck, I think I am definitely going to taper then starting tomorrow. Will probably try to take 12mg max tomorrow and see how that goes. I bet my body is so full of suboxone it won't be that big of a jump though at this point lol. Hopefully I am not too far in the game yet..

Thank you all for the help. Without this post I think I would have continued taking my doctors advice on finding the perfect dose (which was 24mgs...)

Do psychiatrists/doctors get money from prescribing this medicine?? I don't understand how they would though because my insurance pays for it and he just writes the script. How would this make him richer? I talked to my Dad about this and he told me that he doesn't think it goes to him. Man I am so confused I thought my doctor had really good intentions :(. He is so nice to me and said he treats all his patients like family, and that I would be treated like his son. I dropped my previous psychiatrist for this one because she just prescribed me lexapro and it didn't help me much at all. Is this just all a lie for him to get me hooked? He also said that if I decide to taper (which he told me that he would help me with if I decided I wanted to quit) that I will go back to my old self, of having high anxiety levels and strong depression issues.

Not going to lie, Suboxone has been great to me for my anxiety and depression. Probably the best thing I have tried that I can function well on (besides illegal opiates/benzos) and I see this as an amazing legal alternative. But I don't want to be cheated either by my doc... he has a 5 star reputation on all the psychiatrist sites I don't understand!

Either you're a troll, or your Dr is a dealer - abusing you as a lab' rat.

You most definitely do not understand...a correctly administered ROA of 2 mg's is going to help you out much better than anything above that, and do not make it a daily ritual.

Last edited:
?? Man wtf? I have another account on bluelight besides this one you know. I made this to remain anonymous because somebody else knows of my other BL name and I don't want that person to know I am on sub. I am not a troll you don't have to infer that about someone who is just new to Suboxone. That's really insulting man after I post my whole experience with subs here. Don't know why you got to be so condescending towards me? I just started suboxone 2 weeks ago give me a break. Everything I said previous is true.... why the fuck would I lie? What would I gain from this? I'm just trying to get help. Maybe my doc is treating me like a lab rat. But don't draw conclusions that I am wasting my time making things up because I am not.

And what do you mean not make a daily ritual? I'm on suboxone maintenance for anxiety/depression so I have to take it daily or I will feel bad the days I don't take it. I'm pretty sure you need to have a stable dose everyday

I will be going to take 12mg maximum today and see how that goes.

Last edited:
^^

If you need treatment for anxiety and depression.. why not get on a medication that's actually meant to treat that..?

Also, just so you know, you can get banned for having more than one account.

Is it effective to take Kratom whilst reducing Bupe intake ? Or will the Bupe just prevent the Kratom from doing anything ?

Does anyone know/have they tried this ?

Im down from uncounted amounts, trying to stabilsie at 4mg, and then reduce from there. Some of the pills i have seem to be fuckin duds which is making things a lot harder.

Okay, you're not trolling...
But I still say your Dr. is setting you up as an example, and you're the one who is going to have to pay the piper.
Dont worry, I wont bother you anymore - find out the hard way.

Scag, Ive tried SSRIs, they dont help. I dont have many options, it would be benzos or this. And suboxone doesnt have as many cognitive impairment issues as benzos. Plus I did research and suboxone is used for depression too in some situations.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread150496.html
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28585
http://www.medschat.com/Discuss/Suboxone-Depression-202297.htm
I took 4mg this morning and feel some anxiety after about an hr and a half.

I think im going to reduce my dose to 8-16mg and just tell my psychiatrist that I am taking 3. I will stockpile the rest. It sounds like he doesn't know suboxone as well as he should, I dont think he is doing this maliciously to me though..

Last edited:
Okay, you're not trolling...
But I still say your Dr. is setting you up as an example, and you're the one who is going to have to pay the piper.
Dont worry, I wont bother you anymore - find out the hard way.

You are rude and condescending.
Btw I have read many testimonials that is easy to jump from a high dose back to the 8mg range again with barely any tapering. I read a report of someone who dosed 64mg as an experiment and above everyday for a while and jumped back to 16mg with zero w/ds. So stop trying to scare me beause you dont

Last edited:
Finding a good sub doctor is one of the hardest parts of this treatment. They def jacking you up too high and subs for life sounds like a life sentence, or new boat for the doctor. If you have insurance and cleared to take subs go check out all the docs in your area til you find a good one. 8mg should be a good dose to start with or 2/4mg doses daily. Then tapering much easier. Don't believe every story you read online, specially on subs.

There's a lot of doctors out there that are good doctors who know their shit and know how to treat different illnesses who have no clue when it comes to Suboxone. And it's not that they haven't studied the drug or that they don't understand how it works, a lot of doctors can explain to you the technical aspects of how and why buprenorphine works, how it binds to the receptors, the difference between full agonist/partial agonist opioids, etc.

The problem is, a lot of the information being taught to these doctors who have to attend seminars and take tests to be able to prescribe Suboxone is wrong.

They originally believed that people wouldn't even experience withdrawals coming off suboxone, which I was actually told 8 years ago when I first went on it.

The other thing that's accepted as fact:

"It takes 24-32mgs of suboxone to completely saturate all the opioid receptors", they supposedly figured this out by using a brain-scan or something like that, a doctor told me how they arrived at this conclusion once, but it's clearly complete bullshit. Well, it does completely saturate your receptors, but it'[s way beyond any amount that someone actually needs to maintain an opiate habit!

(Opiates/Opioids) Getting High After Taking Suboxone

About Suboxone, a Dual-Drug Medication, its Effects, Potency, and Half-Life

Suboxone. As drug users, we should all know what it is: a potent medication combination of Buprenorphine, a partial opiate-receptor agonist with an average half life of about 37 hours is a potent opioid agonist - it's main active metabolite being a u-opioid agonist, o-opioid agonist, and full nocicepton agonist, as well as being a partial k-opioid agonist, and also a analgesic, ie pain reliever, in which has shown to be 20-40 times stronger than Morphine in animal studies - however Suboxone, unlike Subutex (in which is ONLY pure Buprenorphine HCL), is a combination of the medications Buprenorphine HCL and Naloxone HCL. Naloxone HCL is mostly used for overdoses of opiates/opioids such as Heroin and opioid pills, especially when combining with other drugs and alcohol or taking extremely high doses and/or potency levels. Bear with me as most of you [should or probably already] know that Naloxone HCL is an extremely potent opioid antagonist - get it, antagonist, as it antagonize, meaning it reverses the effects of an opiate/opioid agonist in the opioid receptors of the brain, highly affecting the u-opioid receptors and CNS as well as the k-opioid and o-opioid receptors less, respectively - with a half life of one to two hours maximum, and although there are Naloxone HCL pills available and OxyContin is now laced with Naloxone here in the USA, it is mostly administered intravaneously by IV or sublingually by Suboxone.

Conclusion

If you're taking Suboxone, the recommended amount of time before getting "high" or feeling the affects of an opiate or opioid is 12 hours, however there is evidence as well as my own experience of getting high anywhere between 4-8 hours after dosing with a mean of 6 hours. However, I try to not take Suboxone everyday to avoid Suboxone - being both medications listed above being extremely potent - to build up in my system. Suppose you take the medications everyday for 7 days or longer, I would then therefore recommend you take the advice of at least 12 hours and the mean average half-life of both medications combined of 37 hours with a minimum of 24 hours to a maximum of 60 hours, or of course until you start withdrawing.

Here is my sourcing. I did a lot of reading, comparison, as well as read through my medical school books as well as online conversions between ug, ml, and mg.

Sources

There's a lot of doctors out there that are good doctors who know their shit and know how to treat different illnesses who have no clue when it comes to Suboxone. And it's not that they haven't studied the drug or that they don't understand how it works, a lot of doctors can explain to you the technical aspects of how and why buprenorphine works, how it binds to the receptors, the difference between full agonist/partial agonist opioids, etc.

The problem is, a lot of the information being taught to these doctors who have to attend seminars and take tests to be able to prescribe Suboxone is wrong.

They originally believed that people wouldn't even experience withdrawals coming off suboxone, which I was actually told 8 years ago when I first went on it.

The other thing that's accepted as fact:

"It takes 24-32mgs of suboxone to completely saturate all the opioid receptors", they supposedly figured this out by using a brain-scan or something like that, a doctor told me how they arrived at this conclusion once, but it's clearly complete bullshit. Well, it does completely saturate your receptors, but it'[s way beyond any amount that someone actually needs to maintain an opiate habit!

I agree. The other problem is that a lot of patients aren't exactly truthful to their suboxone doctors, since most are trying to get scripted more to either stash or sell, so doctors are getting a lot of incorrect feedback on the drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.