• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question.

So It takes me over 24 hours to start feeling sick. Usually around 30 + hours. I do get the aches around 18 hours though. So I should wait 30 hours then take a quarter of the sub. If that works how long do I wait to dose again?
And is it possible that 24 hours is not enough, could I still get premature( Nopt sure if thats the word)wd's from taking it then? I take the IR.

Another question.

So It takes me over 24 hours to start feeling sick. Usually around 30 + hours. I do get the aches around 18 hours though. So I should wait 30 hours then take a quarter of the sub. If that works how long do I wait to dose again?
And is it possible that 24 hours is not enough, could I still get premature( Nopt sure if thats the word)wd's from taking it then? I take the IR.

The word you're looking for is "precipitated" withdrawals.

It's very possible 24 hours isn't long enough. Everyone is different. Some people have to wait longer and others can dose faster. That's why you're supposed to base it on your level of withdrawal and not a specific time. The COWS scale can help in determining your level of withdrawal but you know your body.

You need to be in moderate withdrawal before dosing the suboxone.. if you don't get that way until after 24 hours, then you need to wait or you will be thrown into PW's.

As to your other question, after taking a dose of suboxone, wait 2 hours before dosing again if you need to.

Another question.

My advice:

Wait till you're feeling withdrawal, take 2mg, wait 1.5 hours then post about how you're feeling. If that dose is ok for you your oxy habit prob won't be that difficult to get off of. If it takes 8mg or more to 'hold you' you're gonna be in for some moderate to serious withdrawal.

I would look into using alcohol to make those strips more effective.( has nothing to do with drinking...I'll post link)

gl

BOOM: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/404947-Alcohol-and-Suboxone-Alcoholic-Solutions-for-Higher-BA-With-Sublingual-Use

Last edited:
Okay, tomorrow is the day.

No 41mg of methadone today, I'm enduring this day of no opioid with etizolam and etaqualone, all shit they can't detect olol. But seriously I still feel like shit, I've had diarrhea twice today....for the first time in almost a year (started done in mi oct last year), my musles and bones hurt and I get sick of sleeping it away like that...maybe I shouldnt have forgotten to reload on hydroxyzine...i'll do so before I show up at the hospital again, or maybe not, I don't know. All I know is that I want to have the bupe as fast as possible and this unfortunate encounter with methadone to be over after all it did to me (endocrine system fucking up, water retention, all that at relatively low dosage...never went up 60mg.)

I wonder how much more time I'll be in the hospital bed until they decide to give me the bupe....this is getting really uncomfortable and I wonder how I'll go through the night. I guess mort etaqualone.

At least I'm not too afraid of precipitated wds..i'm a pretty fast metabolizer...i managed to never go upwards 60mg because of being allowed benzos, hydroxyzine, tagamet etc. during treatment and 41 is as low i could go without feeling absolutely nothign from the done.

And I forgot to mention to my previous detractors....it's been 46 hours without anything right now....I'll have waited more than I previously said, especially the fast metabolizing taken into action...basically at 6-7pm i didn't feel anything I took at 8 am, so 41mg lasted me 12 hours at best.

Now Subxone doesn't have generics here yet, it's a pretty new med (3-4 years give or take), brand name, superior as the usual right ? I won't have to pay for them because docs can put a special code to the script and I'm all good.

I just want to be next week, with my 7 pills a week (i'll have my last priviledge then) and for this painful sleeplessness to go away (ate 350mg etaqualone + 4mg xanax + unknown eyeballed etizolam dose (my scale goes to 10mg..i do what i can with that).

I just want to collapse and wake up next week this is unwidstandanble.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm in the right thread but I'm perscribed 12 mg of suboxone and have been on it for a year, I was on 16 mg until two months ago and my doctor started lowering my dose, well I relapsed on H two days ago and have an appointment tomorrow to fill my script, is it better to be honest with my doctor and if I am are they going to kick me off the subs ya think or am I better off deluting my test?

Not sure if I'm in the right thread but I'm perscribed 12 mg of suboxone and have been on it for a year, I was on 16 mg until two months ago and my doctor started lowering my dose, well I relapsed on H two days ago and have an appointment tomorrow to fill my script, is it better to be honest with my doctor and if I am are they going to kick me off the subs ya think or am I better off deluting my test?

This all depends on the dr. With mine you have to fail several times before they make you TAPER. A good dr doesn't kick anyone off for this reason alone.

tip: you might want to search for how long that stuff might show up (if youse knows whats I mean)

Answer to your question should be yes, you should have no problem being honest here. The worst thing that should happen is more "CARE".

gl

Most doctors have a policy on how many relapses you can have, etc, before you are kicked off. But they know that slipping up is part of addiction and recovery so they will usually work with you unless they see you just totally don't give a shit and constantly use.

Be honest.

Like PP said it depends on your doctor- a good sub doc will be understanding and expect slip-ups to happen, not make a relapse automatic grounds for dismissing from treatment.

Do you actually take that 12mg dose daily, and if so were you able to feel anything from the H? Did you stop taking sub for a few days first? Just curious because most people would have said something to the extent of, "I'm on subs and relapsed and it was such a waste of money!!!"

Mouthwash Question... and spots on films issue.

what are the effects(if any) that mouthwash has on the way the suboxone dissolves or is absorbed??

i know about the whole alcohol BA thing... my question is a bit beyond that.

for example: whenever i use mouthwash prior to dosing, it seems like i cant feel the suboxone dissolve the same. it dissolves much faster than normal it seems. I typically cant taste the sub at all either if i use mouthwash prior.

Im worried that there is a possibility that the mouthwash makes the sub film degrade or dissolve way too fast. or it may be the actual type of mouthwash, like Scope has a kind that is intended to "last" a long time to keep your breath fresh. would that cause problems?

also does using an alcoholic mouthwash to rinse as directed prior to dosing increase BA at all anyways? or do u need to actually have alcohol in your mouth along with the sub?
----

I have the 8mg strips. when I opened a few of them I noticed one half looks normal and the other half Looks almost orangish/clear with orange spots. like they've been split exactly down the middle. they weren't melted to the foil or anything. has anyone seen this or know what happened to them?

also is the chemical spread evenly across the films? or can one half contain more bupe than the other?

ive only seen this on films that were past the expiration date... which i was surprised to even find in the first place.

the spots ive actually seen on non-expired films. not sure what it is. noticed that they seem to have the spots the more the strip is dried out.

i would be taking those back to the pharm. thats an expensive medication to paying for a screwed up batch.

Last edited:
Ok what would say hydrocodone is compared to oxy? do you think 30 hydro = 15 oxy?

I seem to be ok at 240 mg a day. But I'm taking 180 oxy and 60 hydro something like that.

At that rate I actually feel better in the morning than if I binge and do 320 or more the day before.

At the amount I'm doing I'm thinking 2-3 mg sub will be all I need. Although I have a good supply left and hopefully will be down in the 100's by the time I step over to sub. I only have 10, I mean 9 I gave one away subs so I have to make them work.

wow im having a hard time getting an answer about the mouthwash thing...

seems the mega thread is getting to be more of a social area rather than FAQ and discussion :(

I've been on subs for the past 9 months and can't afford it anymore it's been 48 hours, was on 4mg or so a day give or take.. I got some tramadol to help but not much

wow im having a hard time getting an answer about the mouthwash thing...

seems the mega thread is getting to be more of a social area rather than FAQ and discussion :(

I cannot answer your question directly but I am taking my sub the exact same way and having similar results. (dissolve quickly, not tasting the sub much)

I use tweezers and stick my strip directly to the bottom of my tongue.

I noticed the sub sticks better if I swab my tongue with alcohol first and don't see why this would lower the BA at all, but have no idea if it is helping much either.

Maybe sixparts7 would know?

Sorry I couldnt help. I didn't notice this thread getting social really..

IME the amount you lose sublingualy, even if you're not as careful as you are, is negligible; the sublingual ROA is very efficient. I really don't think you can improve it's BA, I may be wrong, though.

I have a question, too: is it better to take my suboxone (12mgs daily) as a single dose re negative side effects and ease of tapering? I currently take it in 2 6mg doses.

Have you checked out this thread?

i have a question or two sitting in that thread... it got ignored. check out post 183 in that thread. i didnt get very far in there. perhaps its time for me start my own thread about this. i tried...

I cannot answer your question directly but I am taking my sub the exact same way and having similar results. (dissolve quickly, not tasting the sub much)
I use tweezers and stick my strip directly to the bottom of my tongue.
I noticed the sub sticks better if I swab my tongue with alcohol first and don't see why this would lower the BA at all, but have no idea if it is helping much either.

i hope u mean u swab your tongue with liquor and not iso alcohol. i would think thats not a good thing to get in you...

and like i said... the alcohol would raise BA. im worried that for some reason the mouthwash itself is breaking down the film even faster or destroying it and/or the bupe. the strip dissolves so much faster and u dont taste it, like u say.

i usually at least use hot ass water to rinse out my mouth a few times, then place the pieces of sub film as close to my big veins on my tongue as possible. the veins pop out more if i hold my tongue up for a minute, as if i was looking at the bottom of it in a mirror. its like flexing your arm to get a vein, just in your tongue instead. that works and all im just curious about the mouthwash and the alcohol BA increase thing. having a hard time getting any decent answers either for some reason. thx for your response tho.

IME the amount you lose sublingualy, even if you're not as careful as you are, is negligible; the sublingual ROA is very efficient. I really don't think you can improve it's BA, I may be wrong, though.

I have a question, too: is it better to take my suboxone (12mgs daily) as a single dose re negative side effects and ease of tapering? I currently take it in 2 6mg doses.
U can use alcohol to increase subL BA of bupe. there is an entire thread about it... its the one Mr. S has the link to in his post answering me.

i personally find it better to dose all at once in day at the beginning of the day. ive had dr's try and have me split my doses, i just seem to have more cravings and swings that way. more peaks and all in blood concentration or whatever. im not feeling very smart today, so excuse me, ha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.