• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

SLR Social vs. It's on like Donkey Kong

Sheesh.. my back was essentially a clawing device for cats. Horrible, horrible damage done. I still have the battle scars. lol

Btw, scag.. you think that's bad?
Take a peeky at this...

tumblr_li0tb8q35D1qa9un4o1_400.jpg

Doesn't look 'as' 'bad' but those are some deep ass cuts... lol

Question for the women around here...

My situation is such that as a consequence of addiction, I've lost my ability to drive. And getting that ability back is years and thousands of dollars away still. There's no "quick fix" for my situation. And I live in a town that is very car-dominant. I do rely on buses, but also get a lot of rides from friends/family willing to give them. I get to where I need to be, but it's always a hassle. And it's an area where not having a car stands out and suggests that a person lost his shit due to [insert something bad].

With that said, how do I ask a girl out in such circumstances? I have a crush on a girl. This girl has her life together, is hard-working and responsible. I have amazing intellectual conversations with her at my gym, and I'm helping her with some test-prep work so that she can get into grad school. She and I have a good "vibe" and have recently been talking about slightly more personal stuff. She (randomly) hugged me the other day when she came to visit me at work to pick up a book (she's usually a rather reserved person, but somehow our handshake transitioned into a silent embrace...and it really had an effect on me). I feel like she respects me, but she only knows my better side...

Anyway, I know our common interests and I'd really like to ask her out on a real date. I just don't know how to ask a woman out when I won't have the car to pick her up. I am 29, she's like 21...I really don't want to appear like a huge loser when she learns this about me. I'm now just a normal member of society and actually have real feelings for her I'd like to pursue. But not having a car (and the whole story of why I don't have one) is very emasculating, and this is a no-nonsense kind of girl I'd see ending up with someone who is very successful.

So how do I ask her out and facilitate a date?

While you're both at the gym or at your work, in other words in the same building and talking in person, say "let's go [around the corner] and grab a drink." Hopefully there's somewhere within walking distance.

How is everyone this fine Tuesday? Had a great weekend...took baby boy out on the boat/beach for the first time. Same as my daughter, boating at nine weeks old is sure to make him a beach rat, right? Lol my daughter is seven and she is a water baby for sure.

Trying to figure out what to do today. I have already cleaned a shower and toilet, changed two poop diapers, cooked breakfast and dropped the girl at school, taken a shower all before nine am. What has happened to me? I used to be on a plane every week to a new city, with a huge expense account, and now I am figuring out what to clean next...funny how life changes

Aw that's exciting Beachcat! Aha I think that's what my parents did to me then, take me out to the water when I was young. LOVE the water. It just feels so natural and "at home" when I'm there. <3

My boyfriend and I know we're going to get married sometime but now I guess it's time to be more serious about it. I can't believe it's actually time to think about what I want in marriage/engagement/etc. I would like to get engaged in... the next few years I guess. But I don't even know what to expect and all that. My bf and I have talked about it a bit but there is still lots to think about eh.

No one has been chatting here for a while!

Well this past weekend, I was going from a party to an afterparty and just walking down the street with my friend. There was a group of about 7 guys walking in the other direction. They crossed right behind us to get into a taxi. One of them was really close to me and he just grabbed my butt and squeezed it! I turned around and yelled at him but really... what are you supposed to do in that situation? What would even have an effect on the people so they know what they are doing is wrong? I'm confident that, after they got into that taxi, they just laughed at were like "lol that girl was sooo mad that I grabbed her butt" because that what people like them are like.
The amount of times I get disrespected in clubs, I really don't like it. I mean, I just move away, tell the person to stop, whatever. But some people tell me I shouldn't complain because "at least guys are paying attention to me" but I hardly think that's reasonable. I should have to be harassed and then be thankful for being harassed!
I just don't know what else I can do make them know that what they are doing is WRONG.

On a side note, it seems like my boyfriend wants to get engaged within the next year (ish). I don't really have a preference, we've been together for over four years and know we'll be together. It's exciting though. :)

Llama, that really sucks that you have to put up with that kind of harassment. I wonder if geography plays a part...here, that sort of thing doesn't happen that much, but then again, maybe I am just old and it does and I just don't know it.

That is super exciting about the engagement. It seems like y'all are a really good match and have a good relationship.

I a just sitting here making lists because we are having a big party this Sunday after my baby boy gets christened. It is going to be so fun, but there is a lot to do. I love having parties, figuring out people, food, flowers, music, etc....

Congrats on the engagement. :)

And a few months ago I was pretty horrified to find bruises in the shape of a hand/fingers on my wrist where a guy had grabbed me quite aggressively on a dancefloor and tried to walk off with me. That freaked me out quite a bit - thankfully I was pretty speedy and alert at the time. :/

How is everyone? :)

I've been wondering lately how some people are just so social. I guess people are just naturally social? I spend all day at work and I just don't want to hang out with people all evening too. And on the weekends, I love going to parties and stuff, but I couldn't be around people ALL weekend. It would drive me crazy (well, I have done it, and I just get irritated). I wish I could be more social and stuff but it is pretty stressful always being around people.
Something I've wondered about for a while, just how it works, why some people are more social than others, etc.

I think it has something to do with the ability to ignore people while they are around. Just a wild guess though, I'm not that good at that btw.

How is everyone? :)

I've been wondering lately how some people are just so social. I guess people are just naturally social? I spend all day at work and I just don't want to hang out with people all evening too. And on the weekends, I love going to parties and stuff, but I couldn't be around people ALL weekend. It would drive me crazy (well, I have done it, and I just get irritated). I wish I could be more social and stuff but it is pretty stressful always being around people.
Something I've wondered about for a while, just how it works, why some people are more social than others, etc.

I really think it has to do with how introverted/extroverted you are. Introverts gather energy while being alone while extroverts gather it from being around others. I myself am very outgoing, a definite people person, but I get burned out...I am an introvert mainly, I think.

I have never seen The Notebook. Is it really that good?

I really think it has to do with how introverted/extroverted you are. Introverts gather energy while being alone while extroverts gather it from being around others. I myself am very outgoing, a definite people person, but I get burned out...I am an introvert mainly, I think.

Interesting way to think about it. Introverts vs extroverts ... still confusing to me ... aha. I don't even know which one I am because I feel like both at different times. Who knows :p

The notebook is a good movie to watch.

Glad you enjoy it.
But, to be honest, not my thing. lol

I'm new to this site. Just looking to make some friends to chat with so hit me up if u r bored.

^Welcome :)

Ugh, there are two situations - my on/off relationship and a really fun new friendship - that are completely doing my head in. I want my relationship back at its best, and he's doing a decent job so far to fix it. I haven't been with anyone else nor has he. The love is still there. My new friend, however, is extremely compelling and has partied with me all weekend. Guess which one I'll be making breakfast for shortly? I've got to make up my mind at some point. Ugh.