Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Show us something cool in your house

I think I'm gonna go with the giant wall of pictures

1zyvr02.jpg

Hopefully that counts as cool :p

It counts. :D Don't lose any of them.

Another gift from the previously-mentioned son of antiques dealer/best friend.

Art Deco racing driver teapot. I love this little guy, look at his wee face. %)

YVLPAG0.jpg

AqxSe1g.jpg

Certainly don't plan to, I've got a bunch more coming too! :D

Oooh love it. Dyou collect antiques?

Oooh love it. Do you collect antiques?

Not as such. I've just been fortunate enough to have a friend who has generously given me a few nice items. I'm not interested in the value or profit to be made on them; I just love them for their own sake. Our house has more than enough stuff already! :D

We've got a combined 92 years worth of possessions here, and they are what remains of two severe & brutal decluttering house moves. We (especially ME) are fast appreciating how rewarding it is to have less worthless shit lying around, and now have a massively increased appreciation of the nice things we've held onto. A handful of cool things ended up in charity shops or skips, but we'll get over it. :)

YVLPAG0.jpg

AqxSe1g.jpg

Is it wooden made?

I collect sample of all the ds I´ve done.
Quite a huge collection, very well taken care of. And in perfect state of use.

great thread idea, felix.

i love our antique french lamp hanging over our dining room table:

light01.jpg

i also love this 40" wide. on-canvas print of a photo i took in argentina last year:

picture01.jpg

alasdair

Any 60s/ 70s nostalgia 'buffs' on here?

Is this thing a Clanger?

Does it have a name?

I'm thinking of ebaying the thing, I'm currently trying to find anything that i have that i dont need that might be worth something on ebay.

I'm thinking of ebaying the thing, I'm currently trying to find anything that i have that i dont need that might be worth something on ebay.

How many mg's of DHC could you buy from selling that thing y'think? What if you'd put it in the washing machine first? Maybe you could bump the condition up to "Acceptable" or even "As good as new"

How many mg's of DHC could you buy from selling that thing y'think?

haha, you're making me sound like a junkie, selling all my possesions to pay for drugs, so far it's only been the stuff that i dont use thats getting ebayed. ;) if I'm lucky maybe i might get enough for 750mg of DHC, (not that I'm selling it to buy more DHC) perhaps more if i get a bunch of real fanatics/enthusiasts bidding for it as it's an original piece from the era, not a fake recently made replica.. It has a history. Am I selling it to you?

IMO it looks nothing like a clanger, it is most clearly a mouse....a small corduroy mouse but a mouse none the less....Clangers are not mice :D

IMO it looks nothing like a clanger, it is most clearly a mouse....a small corduroy mouse but a mouse none the less....Clangers are not mice :D

ok cheers, i'll search the listings for small 70s corduroy mice, and see if there are any similar items, and what they are selling for.

Is it wooden made?

Ehhhh... how can I say this without sounding sarcastic... did you miss the bit about it being a TEAPOT? :D

The drawer unit underneath it is wooden. The teapot is not. ;)

Any 60s/ 70s nostalgia 'buffs' on here?

Is this thing a Clanger?

Does it have a name?

Of course there are retro buffs on here; it's what this thread was made for. :)

Doesn't look strictly like a Clanger, but you can call it whatever you like.

Thanks ali; nice stuff there!!

edit: fun fact: The original Clangers were hand-knitted by the programme's creator (Oliver Postgate) and I think their offspring now own them. <3

OH. FUCKING. YES. =D

I want to hold it and play with its knobs. That must be 1950s era, or something? Love it and want it.

^^ I'm not sure of the exact vintage, as I recall it's a MK3 but you can still buy AVO 8s today, but they managed to loose their charm along the way. It works but I don't use it as a cheap digital is much more practical, it lives in a glass cabinet (not candy cabinet ;))( with a few other odds and ends

What if you'd put it in the washing machine first? Maybe you could bump the condition up to "Acceptable" or even "As good as new"

Doing that might bleach out all the colours, and it might dry out 'all lumpy'. I'll leave that decision to its' new owners as to whether they want to do that or not.

Last edited: