European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Show us something cool in your house

felix

Bluelight Crew
Please show us something cool, interesting, old, or otherwise notable that you have in your home. It could be literally anything - even a nice view from a window. :)

This may not fall into any category, but I'm quite happy with my new arrangement of old 7" singles on the wall of our "activity room".

1MmF489.jpg

(Please note, we are aware that the wallpaper is not the cool thing about this. ;))

What's next? %)

I can only assume that you all live in a single room, with a mattress on the floor, with a window looking onto a wall. :p

I'm terrible at looking after plants. :( Even my cactus is dying.

Along the music theme but not as cool as yours felix, just awesome. I don't think it was actually as expensive as it looks:

I don't really play the piano... taught myself some grade 1 stuff on it one summer when I was bored but not at my folks house often enough to get much benefit out of it. :D

Apologies for the shit photo.

Last edited:
Well now, this is exactly the kinda stuff I was hoping for!

Venus fly traps! We need to get some of those, I haven't had them since I was a child. And that's a beautiful piano. We used to have a (non-functioning) antique organ of a similar stature, but it was only ever used as an ornate storage facility.

Next! :)

Birthday presents from our good friend The Stitch Bitch
75CA1BD9-F59D-4F3E-A317-413ADC545168.jpg

Our building is an old wool warehouse so they have kept the bale lifts and plenty of other cool oddities

ED3854CB-EBF2-4EBF-8EA1-40902B54C4A3.jpg

Bricks, pipes and light from our upstairs bedroom

E79FCE5C-5B17-4F80-B075-E8FD6944B05F.jpg

Hmm vinyl theme......bloody Dansette is skipping about 8 seconds of every record not sure how to fix. Any ideas?

6Jdr32b.jpg

If I wasn't absoluteness of spangleyficated right now would be blacking that hearth and grate...eek

Last edited:
Hmm vinyl theme......bloody Dansette is skipping about 8 seconds of every record not sure how to fix. Any ideas?

Nice machine! Do you mean it's missing out the first 8 seconds? If so, that imply the arm is going in too far (obviously), so perhaps there's a method of recalibrating it. I dunno. I would imagine if you're not using the "feeder" thing that it works OK?

It's been so long since I've seen one of those, let alone used one, that I'm completely out of my depth here, haha.

Nice machine! Do you mean it's missing out the first 8 seconds? If so, that imply the arm is going in too far (obviously), so perhaps there's a method of recalibrating it. I dunno. I would imagine if you're not using the "feeder" thing that it works OK?

I've yet to meet a female who can manually cue up vinyl without bouncing the needle and scratching the disc to pieces /end sexism.

PS I have nearly all the singles on your wall in that pic Felix.

a 5p piece blanaced on the top of the arm at the head directly above the needle? I used to do that (using a pebble) when i had a dansette for some records that skipped, it seemed to have some success, though my mother told me i would ruin my records. Err Mum these ones are already 'ruined'. Wobbly/warped vinyl was pretty high on the list of annoyances as a kid/teenager.

oh i see i misunderstood, its skipping, not jumping. 8(

I've yet to meet a female who can manually cue up vinyl without bouncing the needle and scratching the disc to pieces /end sexism..

lol my sister was the same, she was terrified of vinyl record players, taking forever to lower the needle, and then when she did it bounced and scratched right across the vinyl.

PPS Cool things in my house I can't show you because I'm not there.

Ceres's artwork.

A mirror from an RAF anti-aircraft thing (or something, searchlight, thats the word) that makes everything upside down and either intrigues or scares the shit out of children, depending on how wimpy the child is. It's pretty cool on psychedelics.

I've yet to meet a female who can manually cue up vinyl without bouncing the needle and scratching the disc to pieces /end sexism.

PS I have nearly all the singles on your wall in that pic Felix.

First of all: ooyah!!!

6 of those are mine, and 6 are kate's, btw. You seem to have great taste. :D

I know you're not at home just now, but I'll allow contributions from your hotel room or wherever you're staying. Just don't spam the thread with all of your holiday photos, there's a good lad. ;)

edit: I see you're contributing in text format. Like someone describing a picture on the radio. Hehe.

A 400 litre fish tank, i cant really be arsed taking a picture because it only has about 7 fish in it at the moment so you will have to use your imagination.

Yeah fish tanks are cool, low maintenance pets and living art at the same time?