• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Should I tell a woman her room smells like menstrual blood?

. I'm not great at speaking delicately though, as is clear
Well that s pretty clear no worries :ROFLMAO: , what´s not clear is what your end goal is. Would you be ok with some form of reasonable agreement ( i.e. she does not leave her tampoons in her room but say, in a bin in the bathroom BUT you take care of getting rid of the trash daily tampoons included?)which can be negotiated maybe with the help of your GF as it s a sensitive issue and you are by your own admission unable to speak delicately ? or are you a "my way or no way " kind of person, hence I agree with @xtcgrrrl
evict this person and do not accept further tenants
I have lived in shared flats for almost ten years, it can be either good fun or hell, but usually ...talking things thru like adults can help, unless there s some HEAVY shit going on. I ve lived with a lot of flatmates, some were nicer than others, some liked me some barely tolerated me but we tried to get along. The only real issue was when I had the pleasure of living with a crack user that was also a paranoid schizophrenic , verbally and at times physically abusive against me and the other two tenants for no particular reason but the voices in his head, now THAT`S some heavy shit worth of eviction...but again if you are a "my way or no way" kind of person, maybe having tenants is not for you, deal with it and pay more rent- bills.

This is so hilariously unique, I don't even know where to begin. I'm so sorry for your situation. As a massage therapist in Boulder County, I've smelled more dirty hippies and strange B.O than most.

As a grown man, sounds like you need to ride it out until your woman's lease is up and get your own place together. Work 3 jobs if you have to, make it happen. Sounds like you're truly suffering lol. Can't think of another feasible solution. Plus, sharing your space with people you don't want to really sucks.

if you place a sheet of Bounce (dryer lint sheet) under the trash can liner
then i will literally never visit.

make sure everyone involved is ok with this... i'd rather smell rotting bodily fluids and actual fecal matter than dryer sheets (not exaggerating, either)

woop being nose blind pays off more times than not. That is my advice. Olfactory suicide. Most smells are bad. Don't actually do that but this seems more like a you problem.

You say your completely straight talking to your gf about this, perhaps it would be more sensitive to ASK your girlfriend to place it delicately to her friend. I would think it would come off less offensive from another female who understands and is sensitive about this issue.

maybe not though, I have never had this problem or thought about it at all until i read this.

then i will literally never visit.

make sure everyone involved is ok with this... i'd rather smell rotting bodily fluids and actual fecal matter than dryer sheets (not exaggerating, either)
Why bro, dryer sheets smell dank

I'm literally laying in bed sniffing my sheets right now

Sometimes I put like 4 or 5 in there just cuz they smell so good

Why bro, dryer sheets smell dank

I'm literally laying in bed sniffing my sheets right now

Sometimes I put like 4 or 5 in there just cuz they smell so good
Yeah, I wasn’t suggesting dryer lint sheets because they smell nice but because they neutralize scents. I have literally brought drugs through airports past drug sniffing dogs when they were wrapped in these (only tiny amounts and I DO NOT recommend doing this!)

Ok. As a woman, I will set the record straight on this.

1. Pads/tampons CANNOT be flushed down the toilet, they will clog it.
2. Generally, women will dispose of used pads/tampons in the garbage can next to the toilet. The reason being, when you are mid-change, it isn’t convenient to go all the way down the stairs, butt-naked from the waist down, dripping blood the whole way, to dispose of it in the kitchen garbage, or, even worse, the outside garbage can. And then back upstairs to insert a new one. Also, it is a terrible waste (and bad for the environment) to throw out an entire garbage can liner with just one pad/tampon in it. So that’s why we don’t throw these out after EVERY change. It’s not unreasonable to request that the garbage bin in the bathroom have a lid, so that you cannot smell it as much, and that it be emptied nightly. Additionally, if you place a sheet of Bounce (dryer lint sheet) under the trash can liner, you will not smell anything at all. TRUST ME. I live in a household with 4 women, 3 of them who menstruate, usually all at the same time (me and my daughters) and there is no smell. Just ask my dad.
3. It’s lovely that your lady uses a menstrual cup for you, but that is not a feasible option for all women. Women are not all shaped the same on the inside. Some women are simply unable to place it so that it remains put the way it should be. I, personally, have never been able to use a tampon in my life. It’s just an individual thing.

There, you have your answer, or at least a start. I would humbly request that you refer to women with a bit more respect; I realize you are annoyed and frustrated, but this didn’t reflect too well on you. Thank you. :)
Personally, I would prefer those things are put in the bathroom trash anyway. My girl obviously has a period and I only know because she tells me when it’s here.

What are period cups though? Do I want to know?

But yeah, I’ve only ever smelled a woman twice in my life. One was a really old Russian boss and I’m assuming she just didn’t wash well and one was a girl I was about to sleep with who again didn’t wash well. I dodged that bullet because I was kissing her stomach and getting ready to undress her and then I was hit with the most awful smell so I think she was just dirty.

But to be fair there are men that don’t wash well who I’m sure stink too. I mean I never got close enough to tell but I know they’re out there.

Oh wow, apparently they're in laundry detergent too... and many other household cleaning products

yea just buy dryer balls instead if you're looking to help with static - i get the wool balls and use about 6 of them - it helps speed up the time it takes to dry you clothes too

and then i only buy laundry detergents that are scented with essential oils because ya know, im a hippy ☮️

Oh wow, apparently they're in laundry detergent too... and many other household cleaning products
yes, it's a hellscape out here.

i can't choose the smells that cause me grief, but it's always artificial fragrances and diesel fumes.

can't inhale, i get headaches, can't think clearly, my eyes water, my sinus cavities burn... and my neigbors for some reason must have 80k glade/ febreeze plugins cause i can (sometimes) smell their house from three football fields away.

Last edited:
yea just buy dryer balls instead if you're looking to help with static - i get the wool balls and use about 6 of them - it helps speed up the time it takes to dry you clothes too

and then i only buy laundry detergents that are scented with essential oils because ya know, im a hippy ☮️
This IS the more “all-natural” way to go, you’re right, and as a new mom I originally started out with organic food and natural fibers and all that jazz but by the time you get to baby #3 you’re just too busy and frazzled and overwhelmed to pay attention anymore so you fall back on the old standby. So now I have given up and I just go, if it worked for my parents I guess it’ll work fine for me. Cancer anyone???

:Sherlock:

Oddly enough I'm extremely attracted to the smell of gasoline. I love it. Also artificial smells like urinal cakes, moth balls, and dryer sheets. Smell so damn good to me.

Oddly enough, im extremely attracted to the scent of menstrual blood. It just draws me in like a fly to honey. When i catch i whiff it reminds of back in the old days when i first got my red wings. When i ate that up it was pretty wild, was on a bunch of Heroin and it gave me moar courage the first time.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I'm extremely attracted to the smell of gasoline. I love it. Also artificial smells like urinal cakes, moth balls, and dryer sheets. Smell so damn good to me.
I like the smell of gasoline! But that partly be because powder cocaine sometimes smells a little bit similar, idk?

But I’ve always loved the scent of fresh laundry, dryer sheets and all.

This IS the more “all-natural” way to go, you’re right, and as a new mom I originally started out with organic food and natural fibers and all that jazz but by the time you get to baby #3 you’re just too busy and frazzled and overwhelmed to pay attention anymore so you fall back on the old standby. So now I have given up and I just go, if it worked for my parents I guess it’ll work fine for me. Cancer anyone???

:Sherlock:

i was already going that route way before i had a kid, so it was already a practice i had begun some time ago

it's not too difficult - you change brands, and stop wasting money on dryer sheets and it all works out in the end

my neighbor uses Downy and i can smell it 3 houses down when she's drying her clothes and it makes me wanna vomit

but hey - whatever floats your boat

Oddly enough, im extremely attracted to the scent of menstrual blood. It just draws me in like a fly to honey. When i catch i whiff it reminds of back in the old days when i first got my red wings. When i ate that up it was pretty wild, was on a bunch if Heroin and it gave me the courage. Me and my girlfriend fuck when she is on her period, it doesnt faze me at all.

it's never bothered me either - ive banged plenty of times while she's in the red zone

:shrug:

i was already going that route way before i had a kid, so it was already a practice i had begun some time ago

it's not too difficult - you change brands, and stop wasting money on dryer sheets and it all works out in the end

my neighbor uses Downy and i can smell it 3 houses down when she's drying her clothes and it makes me wanna vomit

but hey - whatever floats your boat
glad i'm not alone