• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Should I tell a woman her room smells like menstrual blood?

moonyham

Bluelighter
OK so, I'm in this situation. I live with my girlfriend. We've been together a long time. Early in our relationship, I visited once and her room stunk of 'period'. I asked why and she, like many girls(I don't know why!!) put her pads/tampons wrapped up in toilet paper in a little bin in her room.

Now, I have an extremely sensitive nose. I can smell when women are menstruating. Its not the best superpower, if I'm being honest, it kinda sucks. I'd rather not know. But there is a VERY intense smell to it for me. My girlfriend was pretty cool about it - I just said you need to be putting that shit strait in the garbage bin outside, not in your room - if you want me to keep visiting anyway. And hey, she just said sweet and even not long after that converted to 'cups' for her period, which I cannot detect/smell. Problem solved!

Well, her friend has moved into our place recently, and I can INTENSELY smell her period. She clearly uses pads/tampons, and is storing the used ones in a bin in her room. It stinks out the hallway when I go to my room. I gag, it is horrible. Some of you here might be thinking WTF kind of chicks do you know, but this is surprisingly common(I've lived with many many women).
Thing is, my GF is a strait up good lady and I can have any conversation with her. Its why she is my lady. Having that conversation with her even early on in our relationship was not difficult. However, in my experience, most girls are not this reasonable and get very hurt by bringing up something like 'Hey, I noticed intense used-menstrual product smell wofting from your room, and it makes me gag everytime I walk past' won't go over well.

I'm honestly just.. I have been so happy to not deal with this shit for years and now its back!

Any advice? I don't want to come across like a creep/asshole. Which, I feel is very likely.

Give A&E a call. That's some Hoarders shit right there.

Seriously, though, tell her! "Stop hoarding away your blood clots like a bulimic vampire. It's nasty and it smells"

If you don't wanna be as direct about it, maybe say like "Hey, just because you're making jam, doesn't mean I wanna smell the fruits of your labour" kinda thing?

i was never able to tell when my girlfriend was having her period and i lived in the same room as her for a couple years.

i guess i should post this so the females don't think all dudes know when it's that time of the month. it's not a common thing. this dude just has a super nose. maybe he is part dog or something.

Give A&E a call. That's some Hoarders shit right there.

Seriously, though, tell her! "Stop hoarding away your blood clots like a bulimic vampire. It's nasty and it smells"

If you don't wanna be as direct about it, maybe say like "Hey, just because you're making jam, doesn't mean I wanna smell the fruits of your labour" kinda thing?
Honestly, it is super common. More so than not. Girls will do this often because the bin where garbage ends up is a bit annoying to get to, so once or twice in that week they'll empty it but not every day. I wish it was abnormal, because then I wouldn't feel so weird saying something. But in my experience of living with 30 odd women in my life, almost all of them did this.
i was never able to tell when my girlfriend was having her period and i lived in the same room as her for a couple years.

i guess i should post this so the females don't think all dudes know when it's that time of the month. it's not a common thing. this dude just has a super nose. maybe he is part dog or something.

LOL yes, this is true. My sense of smell is well beyond the norm. I am yet to meet anyone that can smell as good as I can, and I smoke regularly too so I would wonder how good it would be if I didn't(probably way too good, and I'd go nuts smelling everything under the sun).

Ok. As a woman, I will set the record straight on this.

1. Pads/tampons CANNOT be flushed down the toilet, they will clog it.
2. Generally, women will dispose of used pads/tampons in the garbage can next to the toilet. The reason being, when you are mid-change, it isn’t convenient to go all the way down the stairs, butt-naked from the waist down, dripping blood the whole way, to dispose of it in the kitchen garbage, or, even worse, the outside garbage can. And then back upstairs to insert a new one. Also, it is a terrible waste (and bad for the environment) to throw out an entire garbage can liner with just one pad/tampon in it. So that’s why we don’t throw these out after EVERY change. It’s not unreasonable to request that the garbage bin in the bathroom have a lid, so that you cannot smell it as much, and that it be emptied nightly. Additionally, if you place a sheet of Bounce (dryer lint sheet) under the trash can liner, you will not smell anything at all. TRUST ME. I live in a household with 4 women, 3 of them who menstruate, usually all at the same time (me and my daughters) and there is no smell. Just ask my dad.
3. It’s lovely that your lady uses a menstrual cup for you, but that is not a feasible option for all women. Women are not all shaped the same on the inside. Some women are simply unable to place it so that it remains put the way it should be. I, personally, have never been able to use a tampon in my life. It’s just an individual thing.

There, you have your answer, or at least a start. I would humbly request that you refer to women with a bit more respect; I realize you are annoyed and frustrated, but this didn’t reflect too well on you. Thank you. :)

I once met a chick in the psych ward who smelled strongly of period blood. She was an african muslim and she freaked me out by putting her hand between my legs, rubbing my dick, and offering to cook me a camel leg.

Totally true story. I had previously mentioned to her that i wanted to try camel meat (I have had alpaca and llama meat already, two out of three dromadaries eaten isn't bad).

She also told me about how she was sexually abused by her husband in Africa with hot needles through her vagina and asshole. Apparently they thought she was possessed and needling her vagina and asshole would cure it. She made it to the psych ward in the states so it must not have cured it.

Ok. As a woman, I will set the record straight on this.

1. Pads/tampons CANNOT be flushed down the toilet, they will clog it.
2. Generally, women will dispose of used pads/tampons in the garbage can next to the toilet. The reason being, when you are mid-change, it isn’t convenient to go all the way down the stairs, butt-naked from the waist down, dripping blood the whole way, to dispose of it in the kitchen garbage, or, even worse, the outside garbage can. And then back upstairs to insert a new one. Also, it is a terrible waste (and bad for the environment) to throw out an entire garbage can liner with just one pad/tampon in it. So that’s why we don’t throw these out after EVERY change. It’s not unreasonable to request that the garbage bin in the bathroom have a lid, so that you cannot smell it as much, and that it be emptied nightly. Additionally, if you place a sheet of Bounce (dryer lint sheet) under the trash can liner, you will not smell anything at all. TRUST ME. I live in a household with 4 women, 3 of them who menstruate, usually all at the same time (me and my daughters) and there is no smell. Just ask my dad.
3. It’s lovely that your lady uses a menstrual cup for you, but that is not a feasible option for all women. Women are not all shaped the same on the inside. Some women are simply unable to place it so that it remains put the way it should be. I, personally, have never been able to use a tampon in my life. It’s just an individual thing.

There, you have your answer, or at least a start. I would humbly request that you refer to women with a bit more respect; I realize you are annoyed and frustrated, but this didn’t reflect too well on you. Thank you. :)

I appreciate the response so much. Thanks for this its really helpful.

Just curiously, what part did you feel was disrespectful towards women? I mean, I'm going out of my way to find help in making a delicate issue as respectful as possible for one. You also make some weird (negative) assumptions 'uses a cup *for you*'. No, she decided to try it and loved it. It's a byproduct that it solves the smell issue. Of course I don't expect someone to use a certain sanitary product, which seems to be what you are implying?? Just don't want to be subject to such smell. It's akin to me, a male flatmate with cum tissues everywhere, that I can smell in the hall way. Go hard on cumming, I don't wanna smell it though.

Just curiously, what part did you feel was disrespectful towards women? I mean, I'm going out of my way to find help in making a delicate issue as respectful as possible for one. You also make some weird (negative) assumptions 'uses a cup *for you*'. No, she decided to try it and loved it. It's a byproduct that it solves the smell issue. Of course I don't expect someone to use a certain sanitary product, which seems to be what you are implying?? Just don't want to be subject to such smell. It's akin to me, a male flatmate with cum tissues everywhere, that I can smell in the hall way. Go hard on cumming, I don't wanna smell it though.
It’s just…in the tone. Additionally, it’s not a great thing these days to teach children to be ashamed of their bodies (males or females) and menstruation is a normal part of life that in the past has been very much stigmatized. So it’s something that parents and educators are making a big push to get over, these days, by teaching the proper words for everything and trying to teach children that normal, biological processes aren’t shameful things. It’s just how it works. And you said, above, “I’d rather not know,” which is a very old-fashioned male attitude towards women and periods.

In my experience, I’ve found that men want to view women as these perfect, beautiful objects of carnal desire, and the moment that illusion is shattered, they don’t value you anymore. I once slept over a boyfriend’s house and didn’t know I was about to get my period; had it in his bed, and he threw me out, yelling the whole time about how gross I was, couldn’t I “hold it in?” That’s not how girls work. And birth…birth is gross, blood and shit and mess, you don’t even want to know. I doubt your delicate nose could withstand it.

But all these are my experiences. And they lead me to believe that we are definitely the stronger sex 😇

Last edited:

To be perfectly honest, if she’s paying rent, she can leave however many used sanitary products in her room as she wants.

You can ask her to empty her bin nightly, it’s her choice if she wants to.

I also have an excellent sense of smell, I can smell when people on the street have had sex and haven’t showered for example, am I going round telling people they are gross? No, I deal with it and move on.

Maybe put a bit of lavender balm under your nose during her period, it’s not like it’s everyday.

@moonyham
Just get caught by your GF masturbating with her friend's used female hygiene products.
One way or the other, you won't ever have to smell period blood in that house.

Sorry to make fun of your problem, but can definitely detect when my GF is menstruating and my sense of smell is shit.
It turns me on, like I'll literally have boners every time I can sense it.
If it's another girl's I'll try to keep away from fantasising but it's not easy if she's attractive lol.

OK so, I'm in this situation. I live with my girlfriend. We've been together a long time. Early in our relationship, I visited once and her room stunk of 'period'. I asked why and she, like many girls(I don't know why!!) put her pads/tampons wrapped up in toilet paper in a little bin in her room.

Now, I have an extremely sensitive nose. I can smell when women are menstruating. Its not the best superpower, if I'm being honest, it kinda sucks. I'd rather not know. But there is a VERY intense smell to it for me. My girlfriend was pretty cool about it - I just said you need to be putting that shit strait in the garbage bin outside, not in your room - if you want me to keep visiting anyway. And hey, she just said sweet and even not long after that converted to 'cups' for her period, which I cannot detect/smell. Problem solved!

Well, her friend has moved into our place recently, and I can INTENSELY smell her period. She clearly uses pads/tampons, and is storing the used ones in a bin in her room. It stinks out the hallway when I go to my room. I gag, it is horrible. Some of you here might be thinking WTF kind of chicks do you know, but this is surprisingly common(I've lived with many many women).
Thing is, my GF is a strait up good lady and I can have any conversation with her. Its why she is my lady. Having that conversation with her even early on in our relationship was not difficult. However, in my experience, most girls are not this reasonable and get very hurt by bringing up something like 'Hey, I noticed intense used-menstrual product smell wofting from your room, and it makes me gag everytime I walk past' won't go over well.

I'm honestly just.. I have been so happy to not deal with this shit for years and now its back!

Any advice? I don't want to come across like a creep/asshole. Which, I feel is very likely.
Start smoking at least 30-35 cigarettes per day and - or snort significant amount of cocaine. Be assured that after a while your extremely sensitive nose will not be that extremely sensitive anymore . Plus you ll smell of cigs and you ll sweat like crazy hence you ll get your revenge!
Seriously down here ( Brazil) we cannot even flush used toilet paper cos the plumbing is a joke, we dispose of the things in a bucket by the toilet and get rid of this horror ASAP, hot weather + shitty toilet papers = No no. Nothing to be ashamed of menstruating or shitting or sweating or whatever but we should try to be considerate of others , if something stinks it stinks, if I go to the loo 4 times a day than it s on me to get rid of the results, if a lady has an "intense" period maybe not collecting the used tampons in her room but...in a bucket by the toilet could be a start. Ok, how much am I wrong?

Last edited:
Cumming is a voluntary process. Menstruation is an entirely involuntary process. They are apples and oranges; cannot be compared

Without getting into a debate about whether never jerking off is healthy, pissing and shitting isn't voluntary either. And if someone had some incontinence and was pissing them self a bit, I think I'd be rightly in a position to not want to smell used daiper/pads that smell of urine wofting from their room if they lived with me?

Im not hating on women menstruating, I just don't want to smell used byproducts of it? Is that really an unreasonable position to have?

Yes I said I'd rather not know, as you hilight. It's not a nice smell? I think if most people could smell used sanitary products like me they would agree it's not nice either. I'd rather not know (by virtue of the smell of used diapers wofting from their room) that someone had incontinence, too. I'm not put off by knowing if menstruating, it's why I know(the smell of used products).

Anyway I hope you can understand I'm not here to poke fun or make anyone feel bad. It's a delicate situation. I'm not great at speaking delicately though, as is clear.

Without getting into a debate about whether never jerking off is healthy, pissing and shitting isn't voluntary either. And if someone had some incontinence and was pissing them self a bit, I think I'd be rightly in a position to not want to smell used daiper/pads that smell of urine wofting from their room if they lived with me?

Im not hating on women menstruating, I just don't want to smell used byproducts of it? Is that really an unreasonable position to have?

Yes I said I'd rather not know, as you hilight. It's not a nice smell? I think if most people could smell used sanitary products like me they would agree it's not nice either. I'd rather not know (by virtue of the smell of used diapers wofting from their room) that someone had incontinence, too. I'm not put off by knowing if menstruating, it's why I know(the smell of used products).

Anyway I hope you can understand I'm not here to poke fun or make anyone feel bad. It's a delicate situation. I'm not great at speaking delicately though, as is clear.
Pissing and shitting, as you so “delicately” put it, have a place. That happens in the bathroom. If you had an elderly person in the house who was incontinent for some reason, no, it doesn’t smell nice, but you need to learn to be a decent human being in that situation also. My father, for example, is a prostate cancer survivor. Beat it twice. But the radiation means that he suffers from that very problem. He takes care of himself very well as he is fairly fit for his age, but yes, there is a smell, and he would be embarrassed if I mentioned it. I carefully do not, so as to preserve his dignity. That is what NICE PEOPLE do. Some day we will all be old, and then we may smell funny. It would be horribly embarrassing and wrong for a young whippersnapper to come marching up to us and tell us that we smell. Especially in our own home.

That brings me to my other point. If this girl is paying rent to live there, you have no choice but to abide by the terms of your rental agreement or to kick her out. But, honestly, if your nose is so very sensitive and fragile that you cannot withstand the onslaught of a woman’s period trash from behind a CLOSED DOOR, I believe you may have difficulty finding ANY suitable tenant.

So, you came to this forum for advice, correct? My advice to you is just that: either learn to be a stronger person than you are, and hold your peace, or evict this person and do not accept further tenants. And, either way, the REALLY douche-y thing to do would be to TELL her why you are evicting her, so maybe don’t do that?

Have you ever heard of endometriosis? I have it & it’s EXTREMELY painful & have days that I can barely get out of bed & I take care of my stuff, but you have no clue what this girls going through. I get in so much pain some days I literally have to lay sideways & do breathing exercises to just push through the pain & can barely even eat …. so no way in hell am I able or going to run up & down a driveway to put an (already sanitary & sealed up bag) out every hour on the hour. Try to have some compassion once a month maybe & be glad it’s not the shedding of your uterus lining, debilitating pain, plus EVERYTHING else it entails every month.

Have you ever heard of endometriosis? I have it & it’s EXTREMELY painful & have days that I can barely get out of bed & I take care of my stuff, but you have no clue what this girls going through. I get in so much pain some days I literally have to lay sideways & do breathing exercises to just push through the pain & can barely even eat …. so no way in hell am I able or going to run up & down a driveway to put an (already sanitary & sealed up bag) out every hour on the hour. Try to have some compassion once a month maybe & be glad it’s not the shedding of your uterus lining, debilitating pain, plus EVERYTHING else it entails every month.
I somehow think expecting compassion from a man who told his gf “if you want the SUPREME HONOR of my presence you need to put (his words) ‘that shit’ straight (he misspelled it as well, lol) in the garbage bin outside” - basically ordering her around in her own home. Where he was a visitor. Was a bit of a stretch. Not gonna happen…Wow. The audacity of some…men.

I somehow think expecting compassion from a man who told his gf “if you want the SUPREME HONOR of my presence you need to put (his words) ‘that shit’ straight (he misspelled it as well, lol) in the garbage bin outside” - basically ordering her around in her own home. Where he was a visitor. Was a bit of a stretch. Not gonna happen…Wow. The audacity of some…men.

LOL and if I had daipers that smelt like piss that I was hoarding in my room and she had said that I need to throw that shit in the trash outside or she won't visit, I'd consider that pretty reasonable.

Is pretending the smell of used period products isn't gross part of some woke agenda I wasn't kept up to date on? What am I missing here.