• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 22 8.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 177 66.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by MynameisnotDeja
I'm not too fragile...not in that movies make me sad..I mean, I love sad movies and I love movies that make me cry..the only thing about is that when I see any movie that has a couple doing drugs together, it toooottaallly makes me want "that" again...and I know that is bad for us. SO yeah...

heh, i can almost guarentee that the film won't make you *want* to drugs. unlike most people, it doesn't actually stress me too much (i could quite happily sit and do drugs, watching the film), but i can see that it does do it to some....it's a pretty intense film, and whilst not necessarily being anti-drug, it does portray quite a few negative images *of* drug use...not exactly heartening ;)

I would hope that no one would watch this on a come down...
it's very intense that's for sure... i just couldn't believe the outcomes of those people man... and the arm.. oh god not the arm...

Tremendously made film! Never watching it again - Too much. I felt fucked up in the head (in a bad way) for days after seeing it.

-The poor, old, innocent, naive mother, and the impersonality of medical practice.

Siany said:
This movie is one of my favourites!

I am wondering if anyone knows the name of the theme song in it?

Summer Oveture by the aforementioned Kronos Quartet

Or perhaps it was Lux Aerterna ?

Not entirely sure now

I remember in 2002 I made a thread about this film... and I was told I would be made fun of for it. I think it got to around 4 pages. I wonder where it went?

atlas said:
I can't count the number of times somebody has encouraged me to come over to their house, do drugs, and watch that film.

Fucking morons.

I do that ALLL the time. Increases the impact of the movie for me. Plus I watched one movie sober in the last year...Butterfly Effect, ehich BTW was a damn good movie

from aronofsky's imdb.com page ....

Trade mark
Frequently uses a technique known as the "hip-hop montage," which is a montage of images or actions shown in fast-motion, with accompanying sound effects, usually shown to simulate a certain action, such as taking drugs.

8o

Requiem for a Dream= 3rd rule of JUICE

Does anybody know what the third rule of JUICE? In the director's cut DVD commentary, Darren Aronofsky mentions purposley not putting it in the movie. He said you can find on www.requiemforadream.com, but I can't make sense of that website.
THX or C

could this help?

Tappy Tibbons's regimen consists of "three things, which is all I did to change my life". #1, "no red meat", and #2, "no refined sugar", are repeated throughout the film. #3 can only be glimpsed by freeze-framing a scene with the whiteboard that Tappy is writing on (it can also be accessed (and you can view the entire third section) on the director's cut DVD, by choosing the Chapter Selections; scroll to 21-24 and press up twice before pressing Enter).

I thought the 3rd rule was 'no orgasms'
Maybe I was a bit fucked up when I watched the film! =D

Was it really no orgasms? Seems kind of odd. I guess i'll have to go look at the movie again.

^^^
Yeah that little "bam bam bam!" thing he does with the images is really clever. I'm sure its been done before, but i'm not into movies much so this was the first i'd ever seen of it. Intense movie though.

I watched the film the other day, and they do refer to whatever they're shooting as "some boss scag" at one point. I think if you're talking in terms of real life drugs, heroin is probably the most likely, judging by the effects and the method of use. Wasn't Hubert Selby Jr. a heroin addict at one point? I might be wrong about that, but either way, it's not really relevant to the film WHAT the drugs are. Aranofsky says on the director's commentary (and probably elsewhere) that the film is about addiction, in whatever form it takes, eg. heroin, crack, diet pills, television, food, whatever.

Dan

requiem

99% of people in this forum have an opinion on this film, now let your votes count

Last edited:
the theme song is a remix by cosmic gate or somone else but that remix kicks ass

Gave it 4 stars. Relies on a few painfully-exagerated stereotypes. The characters addictions take a back seat as the sheer power of the movie is just incredible.