• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 22 8.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 177 66.8%

• Total voters
I thought it was stupid.
I don't like movies where they try to be artsy and show off stupid effects and timings on everything.

whats really annoying is all the people that pronounce it rah-keem.

its rek-we-em dammit!

i have never heard the word requiem pronounced rah-keem. where do you live?

alasdair

horrifying, one of the few movies i just wish i didnt see. fair enough this might be true for some people but surely what the world needs is more positive imagry and a more realistic veiw on drug use and all i see that this movie spreads is misconseption, saddness and depression. I felt for the people but come on spread the love enough dwelling on the shit side of life...

alasdairm said:
i have never heard the word requiem pronounced rah-keem. where do you live?

alasdair

east coast US... i swear, everyone that i have ever met pronounces it that way. it's sad.

but i think it's because most of them have never heard the word requiem before the movie came out. so they assume it rhymes with dream.

Requiem for a Dream Question

What are they shooting up in that movie?

Is it coke or heroin?

Give specific facts!

I believe it's supposed to be heroin, but the pupil dilation effect is used for aesthetic purposes. So basically, it's kind of ambiguous.

I think its up for artistic interpretation. Its not the drug they're taking that's important, but rather what it does to them that's important.

besides the pupil dilation, all other hints lead to heroin... their eyes after fixing and especially Marion and Ty's withdrawals.. oh yeah.. and Ty says that it's some 'raw scag'... and the book verifies it

You're missing the point of the story--the specific drug isn't what it's about. In fact, Aronofsky purposefully was very vague and nebulous about that fact because, well, it just plain doesn't matter.

Requiem for a Dream

whoah

I know it's old but I just finished watching this movie alone...

I am officially disturbed...

I feel like crawling in bed and just passing out...this movie was insane.

My bad man... That movie just reakky disturbed me. I have never been disturbed by a movie before.

Why did they cut off Harry's arm? It wouldn't heal or something?

Clean and Sober

After just watching Requiem for a dream for the first time (wish I never did, I am disturbed), this reminded of an old movie with Michael Keaton called "Clean and Sober"... Awesome movie about coke addiction.

Anybody else seen it?

If not check it out now!! Keaton is amazing in this movie.

Why are you using 2 different screen names in the same thread? :\

I gotta agree with all of you. Arofonosky delivered on every level with this film, the casting, the artistic vision of the filming. this film actually made me realize how powerful filmmaking can be. Its one of my favorites of all time as well, it did go a little overboard with some of the situations, but that in no way made the movie any less real, b/c art has to be exaagerated in order to convey a message sometimes. this is one of the best films ever made.

also enjoyed Trainspotting (equally as good in my opinion)

also enjoyed Drugstore Cowboy (not as good, but still one hell of a movie)

also enjoyed Naked Lunch (quite offbeat, but what do u expect from Burroughs?)

and i didn't mean to mention other drug films, i think requiem is a good movie period, not just b/c its a drug movie.

This movie is way overrated,. It feels like a propaghanda peice put out by the NIDA

over rated, way too long, and a shitty, shitty ending.

disturbing, but only in a bad, bad way.

but it makes me glad i don't use heroin.