• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rave Annoyances

who the hell moshes at anything EDM? we've been throwing dubstep events for 2 years now, never seen anyone mosh....you'll get some headbangers at DnB nights, and some skanking, but not true moshing

some people at events around here full on mosh to heavy dubstep/dnb nights... fights break out... crazy. these events are only small as well. its usually the younger people that start moshing... gets pretty annoying. stupid bunch of wankers

I am very new to the wonderful world of rolling and even newer to raves..this has not been for lack of curiosity but it turns out I had to be almost 30 before I found friends who are into MDMA and assorted treats AND who are huge lovers of EDM..that being said they took me to my first real bonafied rave earlier this year and i noticed some things that scared the holy shit out of me -- I went as potentially the only sober person in the building but I digress..

The under-age folk. I am talking about kids who are probably BARELY old enough to hold a learner's permit - and they seemed to be the highest of the bunch. Some of them I couldn't help but stare at because as a health care worker I was worried they had passed out/were on the verge of losing consciousness. Something deep within me wanted to go over to a few and check if they had pulses/start to begin chest compressions for CPR...I didn't..but i really, REALLY wanted to! Especially those totally k-ed out on the floor...

The abundant amount of assholes who came and asked me if i wanted E. Since this event I have since taken more than a few journeys with this wonderful substance I know now back then I stood out like a sore thumb but I still danced, had a great time --in fact i danced and twirled more than my friends who were rolling balls. So why the hell are folks running up on me asking if I want E -- or if i SELL IT?! Because I am so new to this community and scene anybody running up on me asking if i want or sell drugs makes me think NARC and makes me want to run away screaming into the night...

not to mention i won't just buy shit off of random people..i have some health problems and have done the research -- the conditions I have do not put me in immediate danger with MDMA but with other substances it could be a problem so don't think for a second i'm just gonna buy your probably bunk shit and drop dead on the dance floor cause you are looking to unload a stash - get lost.

Inadequate AC - Places to chill out. Rave promoters listen up. You know that a fair portion of the crowd attending will be using substances that alter their body temperatures...pair this with feverish dancing and profuse sweating and it equals SHIT STORM. Take some extra fucking money and buy fans or here's a thought hold it at a place with air conditioning and have quiet, spacious room for people to relax/come down/chill out/catch their breaths. From what I have read on the posts here the scene has been taken over quite a lot by capitalism and that's fine but for fuck's sake you would think they would not try to kill the very people keeping their assorted enterprises in business..

Water Prices - no need to say anything here other than anything over 2 dollars for a small bottle of water is not just highway robbery its dangerous. Also have on stock drinks that replace electrolytes -- gatorade is GROSS but it is a necessity! Drink up people :)

Ah, and last but possibly not least --

Venues that SELL Kandy/Candy. I admit I am a girl very much in love with bright, pretty, fuzzy things so seeing the candy kids just fills my heart with joy and i may throw some of my own one day but WHY ARE THEY SELLING IT!? Totally goes against the grain of an individual taking their time to make something and give it away in the spirit of friendship.

That is all :)

My biggest annoyance is the lack of interest in my area. I have yet to find anyone in my entire dorm/college that would want to go to raves with me. I'm fine once I'm there, as I have no problem meeting people. But it's really lonely/dangerous taking the hour long subway rides to the venue and back home. I've had so many nights like that, just sitting in my phat pants on a traincar at 4am coming home from a rave.

Aside from that smaller things would be:

1. Poorly air-conditioned venues
2. Mac-book DJs
3. That one DJ that happens to be at every rave I go to that spins his own poorly produced speedcore tracks which are probably beyond 250bpm.
4. The security guards who check shoes during the pat-down
5. Pipez!

kandi as in bead bracelts

once again....i hate kandi kids

grow up

but the comment about the air conditioning sparked something in me

annoyance: lack of proper venues

as a promoter, it is hard as fuck to find places that are a) willing to host raves/parties/whatever-you-calls-them b)not bars, or at least open to under 21 crowds (hey, kids gotta enjoy too) c) up to code d) proper

proper is last, cause its the hardest to find. most times, you have to settle for a place that is badly ventilated, bad sound, or whatever, cause the other option is not have it at all. most promoters i know DO take these things into consideration, but at the end of the day, its you either have at a venue that is 60% ideal, or you dont have it at all. people might complain about the venue, but most people, if you asked them, would say that having it at a shitty place, if all else is wonderful, is better than not having it at all

as a promoter, it is hard as fuck to find places that are a) willing to host raves/parties/whatever-you-calls-them b)not bars, or at least open to under 21 crowds (hey, kids gotta enjoy too) c) up to code d) proper

Yeah venue can really make it or break. But ya know I actually prefer the smaller scale ones that end up in some pretty shady places. No joke, the small ones I go to tend to be cheaper, looser on drug security, and have more variety with local DJs. I find it a lot harder to find certain genres like gabber and hardstyle at the bigger raves (I'm in US).

Do you not have a lot of good clubs that reguarley play music, why are all the "raves" in america hosted at like large venues that arent usually music places?

Do you not have a lot of good clubs that reguarley play music, why are all the "raves" in america hosted at like large venues that arent usually music places?

In America I think clubs tend to cater more towards pop, hip-hop, and lighter electronic music fans. Which is fine for them, as they are in the majority. People who like harder electronic music are hard to come by. Minus dubstep, that's popular. I really like hard dance, and raves end up being the only place to hear some. I'm not all that familiar with European clubs, do they actually have rave music in them? That would seem like such a crazy idea here.

Lol, this is a great thread. I haven't been out to a party in a few monthes but I can definitely relate to a bunch of the things posted.

My main annoyances would probably be:

1. People who go out to parties just to rip some people off. It's always the same people too, which makes me wonder how security doesn't catch on.

2. Friends who follow you around everywhere when you get to a party. I understand if it's their first party that they might be a bit overwhelmed so it's whatever for a couple hours. But after I point I have to stop and tell them they need to do their own thing. There are only a couple friends of mine who don't get it right away, but I think they only go out with us because it's what we're into rather than for the music. I usually just dance off in crowd as slyly as possible when they aren't looking, if they don't get the point.

3. People who don't know who's playing at the party! Yet again it's chill if you're new to the scene, but when its people that go out every weekend that don't even know the locals, then that's just pathetic in my opinion. I choose the parties I go to by who's playing, not because I'm told it's going to be "dope."

4. People who litter at outdoor parties. Cigarette butts are one thing, but just throwing trash around everywhere is ridiculous. We have nice forests around here, no need to ruin them and our chances of partying at some really cool locations.

5. People who come unprepared for an outdoor. You don't go on a regular camping trip with nothing, why would you go to a festie with nothing?

6. People who always ask if the party we're at is my first one, just because I don't have a "rave-name" or wear kandi around. I get the meaning of kandi, that's cool, but I don't like bracelets and they really just end up annoying me while I'm out dancing.

who the hell moshes at anything EDM? we've been throwing dubstep events for 2 years now, never seen anyone mosh....you'll get some headbangers at DnB nights, and some skanking, but not true moshing

All depends on the artist. I just saw some moshing at modestep a couple of nights ago.

Yeah venue can really make it or break. But ya know I actually prefer the smaller scale ones that end up in some pretty shady places. No joke, the small ones I go to tend to be cheaper, looser on drug security, and have more variety with local DJs. I find it a lot harder to find certain genres like gabber and hardstyle at the bigger raves (I'm in US).

In America I think clubs tend to cater more towards pop, hip-hop, and lighter electronic music fans. Which is fine for them, as they are in the majority. People who like harder electronic music are hard to come by. Minus dubstep, that's popular. I really like hard dance, and raves end up being the only place to hear some. I'm not all that familiar with European clubs, do they actually have rave music in them? That would seem like such a crazy idea here.
The same page: We're on it.

i absolutely hate it with every fibre of my being when ravers decapitate themselves and start spewing blood all over the dance floor. serious pet peeve

When weird idiots poke my girlfriends ass with glowsticks when I'm practically right next to her on the dancefloor, it's like seriously dude? I don't give a fuck about a PLUR I'll fucking choke you with those glowsticks you fucking creep. I'm generally a really nice person but people like the guy I mentioned at first are the reason I dislike going to raves, it sucks because I sorta can't go without her due to agreements we've made.

When huge black men walk around with blank stares on their face, poking through the crowd, asking everyone "Hey, you got some bread?" or "Yo, got any green?" It's like, dude shut the fuck up...you're OBVIOUSLY security working for the venue...even if I had weed on me, why would I share it with a total fucking stranger I don't even know? Let alone admit to having it to a total fucking stranger. Did somebody write "Dumbass" on my forehead without me realizing?

People who don't know what mdma is.

That's hardly their fault, though.

And - I think you're the first person, EVER, to call me "bro"!!

Age discrimination is such a killer. I know how you feel Squareroot, I experienced similar treatment once at a rave 2 years ago, and I just turned 30 a few months ago! I would party it up with you.

I'll say this, there is no age limit for music.

And I would love to party it up with the Brits sometime.