• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rave Annoyances

when i see someone really fucked up out of their mind/freaking out. it makes me want to freak out too. need good vibessss.

People who shove past you and bump into you super hard. Come on man.. where's the PLUR?

Guys that just go up behind you and grind on you even after you've politely said NO thanks to their offer to dance :X

I don't think I've ever been annoyed at a rave honestly.

I go out to events every weekend and the only time I've ever had a problem was when some ice-heads (I live in hawaii and ice is a BIG problem out here) mugged my buddy and stole his cash. Literally 7 dudes jumped out at us from behind a car walking in from the parking lot (we left the event so I could put my jacket up because I was hot) and they were yelling some shit that we didn't understand and my ass was floored just like "whaaaa? wtf you sayin bro?" and my buddy took off running so they all took off after him and spent about a minute pounding him and stealing his cash.

Everyone likes to tell me I should have jumped in to help him but I'm sorry, 3-4 dudes we could take because we're in pretty fuckin good shape but 7 on 2? No sense in my getting my ass beat too, so I ran off and grabbed the promoter about 100 yrds away but by then they had done the deed and ran off.

Turns out the promoter had been mugged by the same people earlier. First rave I've ever been at without security and I never thought I'd say this but, I really wish their had been some security presence there because that shit was fucked.

Other than that, I just have a good time with everyone, no one ever pisses me off. If they have a problem with me being cracked out on my lovepills, that's fine we just keep walking and say to each other that we feel bad they're not having the time we're having. :)

repost from my facebook, directed at a promotion group here in albuquerque, after the Krafty Kuts show...these are less annoyances as criticisms, but i think you get the picture

Some Advice to those FUCKS at MotL
1) Overselling the venue with PRESALES! What the fuck did you think was going to happen? and then letting people buy tickets at the door before all the presales had gotten there? Next time, only release, AT MOST, 90% of your capacity in presales. that leaves 5% for djs, crew, staff, guests, etc, and 5% for off the street. And make THEM wait.
2) You know why clubs have those cool plush velvet ropes out front? Its not just for show. If you stretch a pair along the sidewalk, you keep people from pushing to the front of the line, pushing other people out of line, or massing at the door. If you don't want people in the entryway, post a fucking guard. If we have to be cold, so can you. The line also keeps people in single (or possibly double) file, making your job easier.
3) If you tell your artists they have a certain number of guests, make sure they get on the list. If you decide to remove that privilege, tell them so they can tell us. And let people on the list in. Its very simple. They are on the list because they have clout. Don't make them hate you.
4) Bag and Coat check....SERIOUSLY! If you dont let people (mostly girls, but whatever) bring in bags, give them a place to store them. If you don't want people bringing in bags, tell them beforehand. Inside the door, when there is no re-entry, is the entirely wrong time. Also, why the hell don't you let let them keep the bags and search them?
5) 16+ is a bad move. Always.
6) Know how many people your headliner is bringing in and PLAN FOR IT! That venue was WAY too small.
7) Inform security not to be dicks. I know it is their job. But they have to have discretion. I dealt with Zeus, who knows me, so he was cool. One other security guard was courteous. The other three I met were all complete asshats with no reason.
8) Provide a chill space. There was nowhere to get away from the music for even a bit.
9) Stop caring only about profit, you hacks.

-Goiny to a non-gay ftiendly event. Remember ravers homosexuals inspired the whole rave movement by dancing on MDMA to repetitive house music. A rave is one of the few public places where gays can show affection towards one another.

-Propl

--People being intolerant of gays showing affection towards one another. Remember, raves were derived from the parties with ppl dancing on ecstasy and listening to repetitive house music pioneered by homosexual men.

--Ppl who are obviously rolling acting like a dick when I ask them where I can find a good roll. I mean this is a RAVE, can't you help a brother out?

--High ticket prices

--DJs with overinflated egos

--Undercovers

I live in a small town in Alaska where there are no raves but I travel all over the world in the winter time and attend a lot of festivals, underground raves, psy parties etc. Honestly there a really very few annoyances in the smaller parties of the more underground side of the electronic music scene, most ppl are pretty much all on the same level, but for me the main thing that bugs me (besides cops) is holier-than-thou hippy types who act like they're too cool to talk to you because their dreads are longer and they're wearing an Alex Grey T-shirt. Most of them were still in diapers when I first started raving in Mexico back in 1997 but they're wearing the "hippy uniform" so they're too cool for school. I actually get the "better than you" vibe from Europeans much more than in the states (unless it's in Boulder, Co, original home of the trustifarian, haha), but in Asia, Mexico/Central America, and Australia most everyone is really nice and friendly. That's why I love this scene, coming from the hardcore punk scene of the 80's and then the grunge era of the 90's, finding the rave/psy scene was such an amazing thing for me, it probably saved my life, actually. So I'm mostly just really grateful that I found this, it helped me get off H and become a better, more caring, kind and generous person. So, Cheers, rave safe and see you on the dancefloor.

I live in a small town in Alaska where there are no raves but I travel all over the world in the winter time and attend a lot of festivals, underground raves, psy parties etc. Honestly there a really very few annoyances in the smaller parties of the more underground side of the electronic music scene, most ppl are pretty much all on the same level, but for me the main thing that bugs me (besides cops) is holier-than-thou hippy types who act like they're too cool to talk to you because their dreads are longer and they're wearing an Alex Grey T-shirt. Most of them were still in diapers when I first started raving in Mexico back in 1997 but they're wearing the "hippy uniform" so they're too cool for school. I actually get the "better than you" vibe from Europeans much more than in the states (unless it's in Boulder, Co, original home of the trustifarian, haha), but in Asia, Mexico/Central America, and Australia most everyone is really nice and friendly. That's why I love this scene, coming from the hardcore punk scene of the 80's and then the grunge era of the 90's, finding the rave/psy scene was such an amazing thing for me, it probably saved my life, actually. So I'm mostly just really grateful that I found this, it helped me get off H and become a better, more caring, kind and generous person. So, Cheers, rave safe and see you on the dancefloor.

Tell them:

"you wouldn't know plur if a patchouli dreadlock bit you in the face"

or:

"PLUR isn't just a bumper sticker, or a graphic tee -- it means something"

or:

"FUCK OFF loser"

Tell them:

"you wouldn't know plur if a patchouli dreadlock bit you in the face"

or:

"PLUR isn't just a bumper sticker, or a graphic tee -- it means something"

or:

"FUCK OFF loser"

Perhaps they think PLUR= People Love Uniformed Rastas... haha

I hate dirty dance floors and have ruined plenty of trainers over the years. The worst are the large warehouses used in the UK for the established acts which whilstvfeeling kinda genuinely like a warehouse rave, you would have thought the £40 odd ticket afforded the rubble and other rubbish to be cleared away.

I hate dirty dance floors and have ruined plenty of trainers over the years. The worst are the large warehouses used in the UK for the established acts which whilstvfeeling kinda genuinely like a warehouse rave, you would have thought the £40 odd ticket afforded the rubble and other rubbish to be cleared away.

Everybody knows that you should wear worn out bunny slippers to warehouse raves, so as not to ruin the nice trainers.

Sweriously though -- do you remember around 2000 the trainers were made with that reflective fabric (adidas) specifically so the raver kids would buy them?

This!

Went to one at the end of October and there was so much rubbish over the floor by the end of the night it was difficult not to trip over.

I also get irritated by people who stand in the middle of the dance floor on their phone! Had this on NYE, amazing techno night in London, beautiful lights and music and I was squished in near the DJ booth at the front, but there was a tall guy in front of me standing still scrolling through Facebook and replying to status updates for AGES. If you want to do that, move over to the side and let the rest of us dance!!

Rolling balls, and someone with terrible BO decides to just get right up next to you and put their arms in the air. Each movement wafting air in my direction, with the heightened senses the smell is so bad i sometimes gag in the middle of the dance floor.
I'm normally a very understanding person, but FUCK! if you're gonna go to a rave put on some deodorant and a dri-fit dude! Have some consideration for the crowds of people around you!

Girls sucking dick/fucking for a few pills or a couple of grams. I know its not my business, but seeing them getting so low disgusts me.

Rolling balls, and someone with terrible BO decides to just get right up next to you and put their arms in the air. Each movement wafting air in my direction, with the heightened senses the smell is so bad i sometimes gag in the middle of the dance floor.
I'm normally a very understanding person, but FUCK! if you're gonna go to a rave put on some deodorant and a dri-fit dude! Have some consideration for the crowds of people around you!

the stank of the men's urinals -- OMFG -- with the increased smell -- I don't smoke, but I will bum a menthol cigarette and then go take a piss

Sometimes thats not BO -- that's BV -- stank pussy (bacterial vaginosis -- bad vagina )

Or when some guy completely of his face sticks his cigarette into your arm without realising repeatedly.