Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it directly samples Drop It Like Its Hott, thats the point :p

Im flabbergasted that you'd post a DnB track, MDMAhead!!! I loved it, and am downloading it now. Reminded me of some old school Omni Trio stuff, or the stuff on that old game for n64, 1080 air. (anyone remember that game?!)

8/10 from me, that was great!!!

More tech-house!!!

John Graham aka Quivver - Yeah Yeah (Original Mix)

Lol it directly samples Drop It Like Its Hott, thats the point :p

Im flabbergasted that you'd post a DnB track, MDMAhead!!! I loved it, and am downloading it now. Reminded me of some old school Omni Trio stuff, or the stuff on that old game for n64, 1080 air. (anyone remember that game?!)

8/10 from me, that was great!!!

More tech-house!!!

John Graham aka Quivver - Yeah Yeah (Original Mix)

That was really good! Exactly how I like my tech-house, nice and techy with a touch of psychedelia.

Eat Static - The First Revelation

That was really good!!! It started off as a really lush ambient house track, but then turned in to one of the best psytrance tracks I've ever heard!!! - really techy and interesting, and no way near as formulaic as a lot of the psytrance I've heard. I can't beleive I'm doing this, but I'm actually gonna give this 8/10, which is the highest I've ever given a psytrance track!!!!!

J Majik - Solarize

Duran Duran Duran - Face Blast
That had me laughing. The samples were dirty enough to be humorous w/out being overly vulgar. The drop happens right where it's expected. Overall, it's like a hardcore/breakcore approach to Miami bass music. I liked it alot.
6/10

This is probably one of my favorite pieces of breakbeat.
Gotye - "Distinctive Sound"

Great builds on that song. I could totally see myself going off to that tune, even though the synth work wasnt really my style. Nice clean beats though, and great energy, though very chill. 7/10

FPS - Bad Habits

This track is absolutely bonkers, the ethereal synth sounds in it blow my mind.

Very nice. I do like the sounds in this one a lot. Except for those bursts of white noise. Those made me think my headphones were malfunctioning for a second. 7.5/10

Alter Ego vs. David Holmes - The Evil Needle

Nice! I always dig the spaced out vibe of tribal house. I'd imagine it would be very good for dancing. Although just a little bit more variety would be nice. 6/10

hard, fast, raw techno. this would definitely get the club goers pumped. i like @ 4:50 how it has the vinyl rewind effect into some jazzy break then some static noise sound and back into the rawness. its like the raw beat is saying "gtfo break, this is my track arghh" 7/10

Pariah - The Slump

Started out a little bland, but I really dig how the vibe of the track changes around 2:00. The vocal samples also work well IMO. I need to look into more UKG. 7/10

Some early 90s old skul:

The Prodigy - Out of Space

Last edited:
I was so ready for that song to finally drop, and it made me a bit sad that it didnt. I kinda liked that though, it definitely made want to listen to the entire track. I could see that being very fun to listen to live, as it was fun just listening to it on my computer. Great sounds with it too, so a definitely 7.5/10 from me.

Mason - The Ridge (Oliver Klein & Peter Jürgens Remix)

Tech-house binge, yes? yes!

Last edited:

Man this is the shit!!! - deep and dubby Burridge-esque tech-house, with some nice melodies to boot!!! 8/10. It's also good to see so many tracks now being uploaded to youtube in HD. Even as little as a year ago, the sound quality of youtube clips was generally poor, but things are really starting to improve!!!

Also glad you liked the Aural Imbalance track!!! - I can definitely see the Omni Trio comparison, but for me the biggest comparison would have to be LTJ Bukem. I can't beleive I only found out about Aural Imbalance recently - everything I've heard of his has been top-notch!

Anyway.........let's continue with the tech-house theme:

Eddie Richards - Someday

Man this is the shit!!! - deep and dubby Burridge-esque tech-house, with some nice melodies to boot!!! 8/10. It's also good to see so many tracks now being uploaded to youtube in HD. Even as little as a year ago, the sound quality of youtube clips was generally poor, but things are really starting to improve!!!

Also glad you liked the Aural Imbalance track!!! - I can definitely see the Omni Trio comparison, but for me the biggest comparison would have to be LTJ Bukem. I can't beleive I only found out about Aural Imbalance recently - everything I've heard of his has been top-notch!

Anyway.........let's continue with the tech-house theme:

Eddie Richards - Someday

Pretty good track, I like it's funky vibe. 7/10

The Egg - Lost at Sea

That was good - was well-produced, and had some cool changeups between 4/4 and breakbests, although I did get a little bored of the track by the end. 6/10.

Vince Watson - Mystical Rhythm
Awesome song.... My estimationis that it is about 130 BPM. Definitely relaxing. I would call it Trance. Almost Ibiza like. There are almost some elements of house I.e. some of the synths sound more like samples of funk or jazz,disco....actually not. There is a slight house (funk) sound but it is very sutle. definitely Trance. but not cheesy epic stadium mc trance The breakdown is ecstatic. this has been added to my favorites wich doesent happen alot. Thanks for sharing.

the following vid is a mix . Culture beat's Mr. Vein (1993) vs. Snap 's rythym is a dancer.93 or 94 Old school as hell. It can best be described as eurodance or early Techno but not like detroit techno with lots of robotic and space ship sounds. Just plain nasty as hell check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kw3ziKi3aU

Awesome song.... My estimationis that it is about 130 BPM. Definitely relaxing. I would call it Trance. Almost Ibiza like. There are almost some elements of house I.e. some of the synths sound more like samples of funk or jazz,disco....actually not. There is a slight house (funk) sound but it is very sutle. definitely Trance. but not cheesy epic stadium mc trance The breakdown is ecstatic. this has been added to my favorites wich doesent happen alot. Thanks for sharing.

the following vid is a mix . Culture beat's Mr. Vein (1993) vs. Snap 's rythym is a dancer.93 or 94 Old school as hell. It can best be described as eurodance or early Techno but not like detroit techno with lots of robotic and space ship sounds. Just plain nasty as hell check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kw3ziKi3aU

Cheezy as hell, but I'll give it props for being old skul. 6/10

In a similar vein:

London Beat - I've been Thinking about You

Status
Not open for further replies.