Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoaaaaaa!!! That was some fucked-up shit!!! I've heard the original 'Losing Control' (it's in Richie Hawtin's 2005 TDK Timewarp set, which is one of the extra features on his DE9 Transitions DVD). This Carl Craig remix reminded me of 'Energy Flash' by Joey Beltram, but in a way even more fucked-up :) Good stuff!!! 7/10.

By the way Joe, I think you were being a little harsh in giving the previous track 0/10. I would've given it 1/10. :)

Underworld - Bird 1

Wow, when the track first started with those ambient synths, I was sure that it was gonna break out into some really cheesy electrohouse or dubstep beat. But it didn't! It remained ambient, and was all the better for it! It reminded me a bit of 'Endorphin' by Burial, although I don't think it's quite as good as 'Endorphin'. But it's still good enough to get a 7/10 from me :)

Burial - Endorphin

Wow, when the track first started with those ambient synths, I was sure that it was gonna break out into some really cheesy electrohouse or dubstep beat. But it didn't! It remained ambient, and was all the better for it! It reminded me a bit of 'Endorphin' by Burial, although I don't think it's quite as good as 'Endorphin'. But it's still good enough to get a 7/10 from me :)

Burial - Endorphin

Really interesting track. A fresh take on ambient. Although I feel this track really needs a drop or something. This 3 minutes section would have worked really well as a intro for crazy D&B track or perhaps a less cheesy dubstep track. 7/10

Martina Topley-Bird - Sandpaper Kisses

Traversable Wormhole - Closed Time Like Curve
That was fantastic. It created such a strong, brooding atmosphere. There was a sense of mystery and anticipation that kept me eagerly waiting for the next change. Sometimes, getting through a track's intro/build becomes an exercise in patience but w/ that track, even though the whole thing felt like one, long build, it was a pleasure to hear it.
7/10

Chus & Ceballos - "Afrika (10 years later remix)"

what i really like about this, is it manages to be deep, chilled and incorporate the acid element. the acid line almost sounds restrained imo like at any moment it could unleash an auditory avalanche of 303 goodness yet its like "not tonight joe, the acid is mellow for now" to which i respond, "well played sir... well played" nice vocal in there as well, strings, etc all top notch. 7.5/10

Science Lab - Flesh And Blood

Christopher Just - I Love The Acid Too

I didn't care for that at all. The parts didn't sound like they all fit together. There were two kicks. One laid down the 4x4 and the other had some weird 16th note pattern going; almost like the kick part of a breakbeat withotu the snares. I think the lack of hits on 2 + 4 until 1/2 way through made it sound empty. Teh emptiness revealed how poorly the lazer hits meshed with the synth line, which was repetitive and boring in its own right.
3/10

Drummatic Twins - "Le Funky"

A little too tight bess for the rest, and I don't like the lyric part. Otherwise it is really cool - nice sounds, almost reminds me a little of one of my favorite Danish electronic producers; Trentemoller.
I will give it 6,5/10.

Next one is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2vWQFHP3D0
Also check out the video - it's some very very nice footage from a concert that looks crazy - really nice.
(Magnetic man - I need air)
(Magnetic man is Benga and Skream)

Status
Not open for further replies.