Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely brilliant track!!! - had that classic old-school feel - I loved the breakbeat, I loved the vocal, and the melodies were phenomenal!!!! I'm gonna give it 8/10, although I may upgrade it to a 9 after a few more listens. Excellent stuff!!!!

Here's a 10/10 track if ever there was one:

Underworld - Rez (live)

Rez is probably my favourite Underworld track, I bet it would insane to hear it live - it has a perfect structure for live dance shows. Love how everyone goes crazy at 1:30. 9/10

this is one of those posts im tempted to pass up to see what someone else would rate it but im bored and feel like posting =/ anywho rez is one of the finest slices of edm, eh music in general the world has ever known. always gives me chills. flawless to the point where i wonder does a 10 even do it justice ?

Mosca - Tilt Shift

Nice smooth track, reminds of the music that was playing at this club I went to last night. =D 7.5/10

From the masters of 'soulful' Drum & Bass before liquid even came into existence:

EZ Rollers - Dust

Last edited:
Pantha Du Prince - Lay in a Shimmer
I heard Pantha Du Prince for the first time this summer and really like him. His work is a great example of chill w/out being boring; intelligent w/out being pretentious. The gently ringing bells/chimes throughout along with that microscopic 4x4 beat built a track that has beauty and movement.
7/10

Saru - "Something Stronger"

The Invisible Man - The Beginning

That's my type of jungle. The drums aren't a constantly repeating pattern. There's a new chop thrown into each phrase as a fill so the drums never get old. I also like the stuttery-type of drums vs. rolling DnB drumlines so that fit the bill nicely. The screaming vocal sample and pads are nice and spooky. I could've done w/out the "ow wow ow wow-a" vocal bit. I thought it contradicted the track's tone a bit. Overall, a good track from jungle's glory days.
6.5/10

The Merkin Dream - "Ting is Alright"

What a good way to start the day! That has such a classic sound with the 303 and soulful vocals. That's that type of stuff I imagine when I think of the "heyday" of raving. It sounds early-90's but unlike "Mr. Vain" etc...is relatively cheese free.
7/10
Hardfloor - "Acperience 1"

Classic tune! And still sounds wicked, there is something about the raw energy in such old skul songs. 8/10

Michael Dow - Ascent

Status
Not open for further replies.