Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice ambient track. It went on a bit too long, but then I guess a lot of ambient tracks do :) 6/10.

Arthur Baker - Tear Down The Walls (Riva Starr remix)

Interesting track, it's almost like their trying to get a retro 80s vibe with those vocals, synths and piano samples. 7/10

I'm not feeling it. The vocals are too repetitive. It says "tear down the walls" about 70 times too many. I do like the piano (?) part that starts around 3:54 though. 4/10

Anthony Rother - Hacker

The electronic part of the track was okay, but I found the German vocals a little annoying. 5/10

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth (Live)

Last edited:

The groove was a pretty generic minimal/electrohouse groove. It reminded me of all the crap clubs/festivals I've been to over the last few years. I enjoyed the breakdowns, but they made me think that something interesting was gonna happen, when actually all that happened at the end of the breakdown was the track went back into that generic groove. It's not the worst track I've ever heard, and I would still dance to it in a club (Read: I have danced to it in a club on numerous occasions), but it was nothing special. 5/10.

Anthony Rother - Destroy Him My Robots

trollsprayxj4.jpg

Culture Beat - Mr. Vain

That one is even better. My favorite from that time. :D

I was massively into commercial dance music in the early-90s - Snap, The Shamen, The KLF, 2 Unlimited etc etc etc. But for some reason I never really liked 'Mr. Vain'. I always used to think it was just a poor imitation of 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' by Snap, and listening to it again now, I still think that. 4/10.

2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This

That track is more proof that hip-house was one of the worst genres ever.
OMG. How can you speak such blasphemy?! I am totally offended. I love the corniness and cheapness of it.

I <3 Mr. Vain.
I love this one too. Can't listen to it and enjoy it anymore though, because it's just played out by now. Heard it way too many times, it was played at almost every basketball game and pep rally I went to in school. 6/10
Pretty good, but I wish it had a little more energy. It kind of plods along slowly in a depressing kind of way. I like faster breaks. 7/10

Radio Slave - Grindhouse (Terence Fixmer remix)

Status
Not open for further replies.