Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm already familiar with the Dubfire remix of 'Grindhouse' - I love that nasty, snarling synth sound, but the groove (in the Dubfire remix) is a bit too plippy-ploppy minimal for my liking. Well anyway.......the groove in this Fixmer remix is much better - it's kindof ploddy (in a good way) progressive house, and overall the track has quite a dark feel, which I like. My only gripe is I wish Fixmer had used that snarling synth sound more (the one at 3:15). Anyway, I'm gonna give it 7/10.

Here's one for you, Marsmellow:

Oliver Lieb - Lightspeed (Circulation remix)

I'm already familiar with the Dubfire remix of 'Grindhouse' - I love that nasty, snarling synth sound, but the groove (in the Dubfire remix) is a bit too plippy-ploppy minimal for my liking. Well anyway.......the groove in this Fixmer remix is much better - it's kindof ploddy (in a good way) progressive house, and overall the track has quite a dark feel, which I like. My only gripe is I wish Fixmer had used that snarling synth sound more (the one at 3:15). Anyway, I'm gonna give it 7/10.

Here's one for you, Marsmellow:

Oliver Lieb - Lightspeed (Circulation remix)

I really like darkish, techno that it isn't too loud and his subtle but complex synths/progressions/breakdowns. 8/10

One of the first electronic tracks that I really liked. Ah childhood... =D

The Prodigy - No Good

Good! Even better than I expected. Though I figured it would be good, since it's a Circulation remix of an Oliver Lieb track. 8.5/10
This song is weird. Not bad, but weird. I think it's because they use about a hundred different instruments in it. Everything from a piano to some Middle Eastern flute thing. In my opinion, they don't fit together very well. I might like it if I listened to it some more though. Sounds like it would take some getting used to. Strange song. 6/10

Space Cube - Outbound

I love me some old-school jungle!!! This isn't my favourite jungle track, but I reckon it'd still tear it up at a rave!!! 7/10.

Glad you liked the Circulation remix, by the way! - I know you're a fan of both Lieb and Circulation, so figured you'd like it :)

Anthony Rother - Maschinewelt (live)

I like that! 7/10 - not an all time classic for me but I would boogie down to it =D do like a bit of electro!

Here's mine a remix I actually prefer to the original! Pure filth!

Deekline - Don't Smoke Da Reefer (Twocker's Re-Rub)

very interesting production. unique sound, had this sort of dreamlike quality to me, reminds me of ketamine, man i could go for some k right about now. the bizarre vocals work nicely in the track. good stuff 7/10

Commix - Japanese Electronics (Instra:Mental Moog Remix)

3/10 nearly gave it a 4 but had to go for a 3 in the end. I normally like most forms of music too weirdly. Really sorry but I really didn't like that at all, I like Deep and Dubstep and I'm a huge fan of both Commix and Instra:Mental but it really didn't do it for me... I feel bad know haha. Would be good on a comedown though =D

Right I'm gonna pump it up a bit (well quite a lot actually ) ;)...

Dynamo City - One Night In Hackney

If you don't like it at first wait for the vocals it get's really good then!

3/10 nearly gave it a 4 but had to go for a 3 in the end. I normally like most forms of music too weirdly. Really sorry but I really didn't like that at all, I like Deep and Dubstep and I'm a huge fan of both Commix and Instra:Mental but it really didn't do it for me... I feel bad know haha. Would be good on a comedown though =D

Right I'm gonna pump it up a bit (well quite a lot actually ) ;)...

Dynamo City - One Night In Hackney

If you don't like it at first wait for the vocals it get's really good then!

Pretty cool track, nothing too original. But it has a nice upbeat vibe to it. I also like the description of going to techno party. What's that? =D 6/10

I don't normally listen to Rusko, but this track is okay:

Rusko - Hold On

I don't normally listen to Rusko, but this track is okay:

Rusko - Hold On

Hmm, it didn't really convince me. To me the video clip is totally ridiculous, but I'm sure it's well thought through and will appeal to certain groups of people (no offence meant ;-). On the other hand there are definetely much more annoying commercial tracks out there, so it isn't that bad after all ;) 5/10

Armando - terminator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq82_3L1tII

This song has been blowin' up recently, its so good!!!!
Justin Martin & Ardalan - Mr. Spock (Original Mix)

Is it just me, or does this track sample 'Drop It Like It's Hot' by Snoop Dogg - it has the same boomy bass drums, the same popping sound (which I think Snoop Dogg makes by pulling his finger against the inside of his cheek, if you know what I mean), and the same 'oooooooooooohhhhh' female vocal sound. Anyway, it's a cool house track, that would really get the crowd bumpin early in the night! 7/10.

Aural Imbalance - Key Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.